[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Scott Snyder To Teach DC Writers Program
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 1
File: scottdc.jpg (12 KB, 192x291) Image search: [Google]
scottdc.jpg
12 KB, 192x291
So Scott Snyder will train the next generation of DC Comic writers, thoughts?

>>http://www.newsarama.com/27106-scott-snyder-leading-dc-writer-development-program.html#st_refDomain=t.co&st_refQuery=/an084fb81r
>>
Whatever.
>>
>>78066009
>Both James Tynion IV (Batman & Robin Eternal) and Marguerite Bennett (A-Force, DC Comics Bombshells) are former students of Snyder’s and were brought to DC’s attention by their former teacher.
Not looking too good so far
>>
Because it worked so well for Tynion and that Joker's Daughter bitch.
>>
>>78066109
Margueritte Bennet is the company's bicycle if you catch my drift
Why do you think she is in Marvel too
>>
So, more Joker across the board?
>>
Cool, a lot more never done before stories where the main character will be shaken to its core
>>
it won't matter how much they learn, only how close of a friendship they can form with him
>>
tynion is slowly but surely getting better every book. he reminds me of chuck dixon where all of his books are a middle of the road quality
>>
>>78066009
>Now what you do guys, is set up a somewhat promising start, it has to make your readers think that this time it'll be great
>Then you completely butcher the landing each and every time
>Also you need to write the Joker in there somehow
>>
so more bad endings
>>
>>78068903
Because she's writing good comics?
>>
>>78066009
Get into this if you're a good writer, why? Because even if you don't learn a thing you will immediately get a backing push from claiming to be his student if you let him give you a push from the back if you catch my drift. Seriously, tuck your dignity away and try it. Probably be at DC within a few years.
>>
>>78072440
Lel
>>
>>78066009
>Unnecessary exposure-filled dialogue
>90% of the pages covered with speech bubbles
>Joker

Fuck. Wasn't Johns's schedule free? Why does it have to be this hack?
>>
>>78069695
that always have some secret from Batman's past he kept from everyone and now they're all pissed.
>>
>>78066009
Is DC allergic to success now?
>>
>>78073307
This.
>>
>severed doesn't exist
>american vampire doesn't exist
>the wake doesn't exist
>wythces doesn't exist
>snyder did a joker story with batman so he's a hack!
>>
>>78075854
Are you retarded?
>>
>>78066109
Wasn't Kyle Higgins another one of his "school"? Or they simply collaborated on some projects?
>>
I'm down, especially since it means that there will be an easy-ish point of access for new writers to break into DC Comics.
>>
>>78075907
/co/ writing spectrum:
hacks------------------------>hacks

there is no middle
>>
>>78075971
Except it's invite only and not open to public application.
>>
>>78076409
Not yet, but Snyder expressed hope that after this trial run there will be a public application.
>>
Everyone forgetting zero year?
It was so fucking great
Especially the riddler
>>
>>78066109
Damn what school does he teach at
I wanna join the program so I can write batman characters in the future
>>
>>78072440
I only read capeshit the post
>>
>>78066009
>not getting Keith Giffen to train the next generation
granted I wouldn't put it past him to train them wrong on purpose for his personal shits and giggles
>>
>>78075907
Honestly, I kinda wish Snyder would take a break from comics and do another prose release, but he's a hot seller now so that probably won't happen anytime soon.
>>
>>78066009
He is not bad.
But he is FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAA
AAAAA
AAAA.....R from being good.

>>78066091
His Batman run in a nutshell
>>
>>78073232
T O P K E K
O
P
K
E
K
>>
>>78075907
The Wake Part 2 was shit though mate
>>
This is both scary and disappointing.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.