[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Earth-2: Society
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 108
Thread images: 25
Time for your monthly SoP: JSA edition!
>>
Had to restart the thread so no one missed out the the subject
>>
>>78049905
>>
>>78049897
Had no idea Alan was Folded Man
>>
>>
So what do you guys think of the theory that Abnetts only coming round to round the amount of issues up to 12 before they reboot?
Makes sense to me since they didn't make a big deal of it and abnetts doing so much already
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>78049928
I'd be okay with it
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>78050076
>bring justice to this new society
Literal tears. Pure ebin
>>
>>78050076
>Truly they were the Earth 2: Society #7!
Jesus christ

Also
>Indivisible
Unlike that game no one wants to fund your continuation Wilson
>>
>>78050076
The "they're a real team now" group shots are getting less impressive
>>
>>78050076
I feel nothing
>>
Dan Abnett starts next month right? This felt like a rushed ending.
>>
>>78050312
Yeah
>>
>>78049905
>JUSTICE
Oh god, notAlan's going full CfJ.
>>
>>78049957
>>78049964
This is what Peeg's been reduced to. Playing damsel to the team assmonkey (as opposed to being saved by her trusted and dignified friend), hounded by the writer's morality mouthpiece and cast against him like a crazy person.
>>
File: no more.jpg (36 KB, 500x477) Image search: [Google]
no more.jpg
36 KB, 500x477
>>78050120
>puny-ass group shot of eight people
>exactly three of them aren't superbats
>one of them is a mentally retarded kaiju
>another was a nympho alcoholic about four hours prior, powered by APOLLO, GOD OF SPEED
>the last one isn't even a JSA character and was born off a colorist's error
>>
>>78049928
I'd be fine with it.

If they aren't going to just return to Robinson's Earth 2, I'd prefer if they just burned it all down to start over again.
>>
>>78050076
>You will bring Justice to this new society

Are you fucking real right now?
>>
>>78050780
>jay will never be as good
>alan will never be as gay
>kendra will never look better
>there will be no deboot back to the good parts
>>
>>78049964
I'm confused how did Val kill Kal?
>>
>>78049928
I think they'd be insane NOT to reboot it at this point. The history of Earth-2 is a mess at best.
>>
>>78051000
Superman was a living battery, Val let Superman die on his own terms. I think. Peeg wasn't this mad about it when it happened...

This thing now is just some contrived bullshit, since we can't make Val look more right we need to make Kara flip the fuck out.
>>
>>78051072
Thanks anon. Thats some top tier writing
>>
>>78050563
Val Zod is shit.
>>
>>78049897
You beat me to it! Let's see how bad this is.
>>
This is probably the worst comic run I have read all year. Thanks god I didn't pay for it
>>
>>78051249
This is clearly a mandated rush job from someone who got kicked off the book before his 'elaborate' plotting could get where he wanted it to.

Now, hopefully, sometime later we'll find out what he meant to do, and have a good laugh at it because all the interviews so far have been top-notch wtf.
>>
>>78051344
Can you imagine if this were a run in the first year of the nu52? It would have slipped by. It would have gone on for like, 20 issues and an annual.

Fuck, even as things are bad, things are better than before. He's not coming back.
>>
Oh god the nightmare is over. Bring on Dan Abnett.
>>
>>78051432
>thinks the nightmare will be over due to simple insignificant writer change
>>
>>78051380
The real question is whether the Editorial regime that enabled this has changed, or had its influence lessened, or at least learned better.
>>
>>78051380
It would've been cancelled probably I think.
>>
>>78051442
Please, at least let me dream for a little, Anon.
>>
>>78051459
No.
You have to face the cold truth. it's for your own good.
>>
>>78051445
The sales aren't even bottom 10 for DC.
>>
>>78051470
He means in a hypothetical situation where Robinson didn't write a strong start and Wilson wrote it from the beginning
>>
>>78051469
Why can't we have nice things, Anon?
>>
>>78051498
That's an odd assumption to make, and how is that relevant? Wilson on the main title has always sold unusually well.

This shit is way above cancellation level, even now. If it were a 40k debut, 25-30k title in 2012, it'd stay online for another year.
>>
>>78051524
Because people are stupid and actually prefer Taylor and Wilson to Robinson.
They actually exist.
>>
>>78051533
Sometimes things are selling fine and they get cancelled because they want a retool, though. We can hope for that situation.
>>
>>78051534
I was okay with Taylor. He made some fuckups but he at least had the team act like a team.
>>
>>78051534
Feels bad, Anon.
>>
>>78050076
Hey guys. What are we doing?
Why are we here, just to suffer?
Every night I feel my Earth 2. The World I've Lost. The Comic I've Lost. I can still feel them.
You feel it too, don't you? I'm gonna make them give back what they stole from us!
>Alan, I'm already a demon.
>>
>>78051588
>I was okay with Taylor
>>>/out/
>>
>>78051560
I think you're getting your hypotheticals and your realities mixed up.

Wilson leaving while still selling well and (as far as we know) not getting politics'd out, is the unprecedented reality. Reality. The opposite should have happened, based on how bad runs with good sales rarely/never get shitcanned. Not reality, for once.
>>
>>78051588
>>78051612
I stand with the /out/.
Taylor wasn't perfect, but at least he knew story structure and character motivation!
Maybe if he had stayed as the writer and the bullshit that was World's End didn't happen, we might have something resembling the Earth 2 we wanted. The one we were promised so long ago...
>>
>>78051657
>but at least he knew story structure and character motivation!
laffin hard
>>
>>78051657
Taylor literally could never have fucked over Jay as much as Wilson did. True story.

It's about as dumb as the time Jay was ready to murder a newborn for being German.
>>
>>78051657
>Maybe if he had stayed as the writer and the bullshit that was World's End didn't happen, we might have something resembling the Earth 2 we wanted. The one we were promised so long ago...

Original /out/ here. I don't think it would've gone the way Robinson was planning it. I think we would've just gotten JLA Earth 2 as opposed to JSA. For his faults he at least kept the character traits that Robinson set up and didn't have Jay be a drunk and miss out on missions because he's depressed.
>>
>>78051674
You laugh, but I'll take Taylor over this tripe any day.
I'd take Robinson over both of them, but Taylor is not quite as low compared to Wilson.
>>
>>78051657
Nah he woulda just jerked off more SuperCharacters and introduced more OCs
>>
>>78051714
This.
Anyone who says otherwise is naive and traumatized by Wilson
>>
>>78051674
Taylor forced in Val-Zod and a bunch of fucking Superman+Batman shit but when he actually bothered to write the JSA characters they actually felt like themselves, once Alan got some page time he was great

I'd take the Earth 2 Superman wankfest over the tripe it further devolved into any day
>>
>>78051714
Nah, Injustice was never like that. He'd probably bring in Ollie and Canary, but at least the latter's legit JSA and the former was happening anyway.
>>
>>78051739
>I'd take the Earth 2 Superman wankfest over the tripe it further devolved into any day

You're a sick individual.
>>
>>78051750
Go to bed, Wilson. You didn't improve one single piece of shit.
>>
>>78051740
All of his E2 writing was based on the fact he fucked over Supes in Injustice since he has a SuperBoner.
Val was introduced because he wanted to write Superman
Lois was turned into Red Tornado because he killed her in Injustice.
Same with Jimmy, who he used as a mouthpiece for his own views.

He then created Aquawoman. Why? Because he wanted to.
Whats more likely is we woulda got more like that all the while continuing to ignore Kendra and Mr Miracle.
>>
>>78051769
They're both shit you fucking idiot
>>
>>78051705
Plus they wouldn't have blow up the goddamn world!
Fuck Earth's End!
Fuck World's End!
Fuck Convergence!
Fuck Telos!
Fuck Useless Ass Earth 2 Dick Grayson!
Fuck Doctor Impossible!
Fuck Wilson!
Fuck Bennett!
Fuck Whoever Thought We Wanted More Inexplicable New God Jimmy Olsen!
Fuck The Guy Who Thought "Bleediac Was A Mistake"!
Fuck Whoever Thought Earth 2 Should Be Batman: Dystopian Nights Edition!
Fuck the Guy Who Split Up Big Barda and Mr. Miracle!
Fuck DC!
And Fuck Earth 2: Society!

I... I just want to be Gay For Justice. Is that so wrong?
>>
>>78049928
>Reboot
Please god this, hell at this point if they made the whole thing a hallucination Fate had when he put on the helmet I'd be cool with it. Robinson's original idea of a sorta Ultimate JSA was brilliant could've with the right writer behind it gone to show that the characters can exist and beyond their Golden Age origins. Hell it could've been a great way to get new fans into the JSA, especially now that Jay Garrick has become a character on the Flash. But yeahhh... instead we got THAT.
>>
>>78051798
So what? Wilson did all of that and more, even worse. He blew up the goddamn planet. He thought he was writing the greatest gay romance of all time, starring Captain Planet.

Seriously, I could replace his name with Taylor in all that and it'd be the same.
>>
>>78051846
I'm not defending Wilson, jesus christ no ones that stupid, I'm just saying Taylor was just as bad.
>>
>>78051866
You're defending Wilson by saying they're equal. What the hell kind of damage control is that?
>>
>>78051888
I'm saying
Robinson >>>>>>>>>>>shit>>>>>>>>Taylors Superwank=Wilson

I'm not doing damage control just because you have a higher opinion of Taylor than me
>>
>>78051888
>You're defending Wilson by saying they're equal.
Not if Taylor was also a piece of shit you fucking mong
>>
>>78051911
You're blind to how bad Wilson compounded all problems and fixed nothing, and introduced new problems, because you have no concept of nuance and the notion that some bad things can be worse than other bad things.
>>
>>78051949
You're blind to how Taylor was also a fucking hack.
>>
>>78051911
>>78051936
>>78051949
This is a fruitless argument.
It doesn't matter who was worse.
It won't bring back the book we loved.
It won't bring back hope...
>>
>>78051964
Yeah, you don't understand critical thought.
>>
>>78051949
And you're blind to the fact that there was no chance Taylor was gonna make the book anything more than SuperWank and anything he would have ended up doing with the JSA characters would have probably been as bad as Wilson
>>
>>78051984
I'd rather it burned than have landed in either clutches.

>>78051997
Saying that "it would have been better with Taylor" isn't constructive at all. Because less shit is still fucking shit.
>>
File: Earth 2 cast bloat and Taylor.png (19 KB, 806x247) Image search: [Google]
Earth 2 cast bloat and Taylor.png
19 KB, 806x247
>>78051798
Editorial let Taylor do exactly as he intended.
>>
>>78052057
>Taylor defenders on suicide watch
>>
>>78051750
I don't think Taylor's run was particularly good or anything, I'm just saying I'd have preferred him continue to Wilson taking over.
>>
>>78052127
>I'm just saying I'd have preferred him continue to Wilson taking over.
Which is just silly.
>>
File: mfw earth 2.jpg (273 KB, 1190x1151) Image search: [Google]
mfw earth 2.jpg
273 KB, 1190x1151
>>78051470
>tfw this outsells every comic on your pull list
>>
>>78052127
I can see that. Taylor also left once it was clear what Editorial wanted, and he didn't want to do it. So the shitfest of WE was half Wilson and half Editorial, but now they don't seem to give any fucks about directing the book.
>>
>>78050076
Yay! Jimmy's gone!/10
>>78049928
I'm at the point I think if they reboot it I'd just want a modern world that kept post WWII aesthetics while technologically progressing a la pre-destruction Fallout and the Flash's Earth 2. Shame about Alan's baller New 52 costume. It could have and should have lasted longer than it did. There is no way they'd bring it back in a reboot.
>>
>>78052573
Just introduce the Main Earth versions
>>
>>78052615
Nah, then theyre stuck being #2 and sharing villains again
>>
>>78052664
Who cares?
>>
>>78052678
bump of pain
>>
>>78052573
If they reboot they probably might make it more like the Earth-2 on the Flash TV show though.
>>
>>78049897
>Evil Jimmy (?) trollfacing
>Alan wants off Mr. Wilson's Wild Ride
I've been abstaining from this series for my health, but I see nothing's changed.
>>
>>78051657
Nah, Taylor's run was shit. Taylor is incapable of writing characters with any sort of nuance. Injustice was shit, Superior Iron Man was also shit.

Defending Taylor's run as being slightly better than Wilson's (debatable) is like when people insist that RHATO is "good for Lobdell"
>>
>>78052198
It's like we're living on the REAL Earth-2...
>>
>>78057121
>Superior Iron Man was also shit.

I actually thought Superior Iron Man was pretty great. Good mix of wacky and serious with the only glaring problem being the ending.
>>
>>78054915
one last bump o'pain
>>
>>78059405
>>78059411

BUMPMIND
>>
This series has been pretty good so far you not muh fags just like to overreact
>>
File: Huntress reads Earth 2 Society.jpg (89 KB, 352x320) Image search: [Google]
Huntress reads Earth 2 Society.jpg
89 KB, 352x320
>>78050063
You ok, Hel?
Thread replies: 108
Thread images: 25

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.