[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I loved Doc Shaner's Shazam stuff for Convergence, Thunderworld
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 8
File: Untitled-11-630x420.jpg (112 KB, 630x420) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-11-630x420.jpg
112 KB, 630x420
I loved Doc Shaner's Shazam stuff for Convergence, Thunderworld and New Frontier.

I want to read more with this style, the classic art and tone. Maybe some classic Shazam family? I really don't know where to start with this stuff.

Anyway, classic art and old school superheroics please
>>
>>78031348

I like this shazam.

He is actually a smart mature kid. Also, There are pages when Billy batson become the wizard?
>>
File: jay garrick evan doc shaner.jpg (49 KB, 400x542) Image search: [Google]
jay garrick evan doc shaner.jpg
49 KB, 400x542
>>
File: tumblr_nra88kXlHS1qcayh2o1_500.jpg (82 KB, 500x540) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nra88kXlHS1qcayh2o1_500.jpg
82 KB, 500x540
>>
File: WonderWoman.jpg (68 KB, 500x665) Image search: [Google]
WonderWoman.jpg
68 KB, 500x665
>>78031348
But Doc Shaner didn't draw Thunderworld or New Frontier. And the art from Thunderworlf was pretty mediocre to be honest.

>I want to read more with this style, the classic art and tone

Look at what other series the artists and writers you like have done and read them. Just keep reading comics and you'll eventually find artists and writers you like.

>Maybe some classic Shazam family? I really don't know where to start with this stuff.

Find any comic they're in and read it. Easy, isn't it?
>>
>>78031445
I know that Doc Shaner didn't draw Thunderworld and New Frontier, I worded that pretty badly.

Ideally I'd want to read work from the artists who inspired the modern interpretations from people like Shaner.
>>
File: shazam vs supe.jpg (108 KB, 421x640) Image search: [Google]
shazam vs supe.jpg
108 KB, 421x640
im pissed that it didnt became a full serie,i think that johns shazam is interesting but is really underdevelopped as fuck and i hope that if we really get a movie they wont blow their load with the shazam family.
>>
SHAZAM!: The Monster Society of Evil by Jeff Smith
>>
Althought not 'classic' in artstyle, if you want the best of Billy, read The Power of Shazam.
>>
>>78031379
>>78031348

That's CAPTAIN MARVEL.

Not fucking Shazam.
>>
>>78035058
but Captain Marvel is Carol?
>>
>>78035058

YOU RIGHT!

HE IS CAPTAIN MARVEL! I LOVE YOU ANON!

You point out my errors!
>>
File: Based NuBilly.jpg (72 KB, 550x480) Image search: [Google]
Based NuBilly.jpg
72 KB, 550x480
Meh, Based NuBilly is better.

Come at me fags.
>>
File: shazam!.jpg (37 KB, 620x400) Image search: [Google]
shazam!.jpg
37 KB, 620x400
>>78035058
captain marvel, shazam i dont care at this point
>>
>>78035252
>Come at me fags.

Okay. You're wrong. Quit it.
>>
>>78035252
its way too underdevelopped.what the fuck johns?
>>
WISDOM OF SOLOMON
STRENGTH OF HERCULES
ENDURANCE OF ATLAS
POWER OF ZEUS
COURAGE OF ACHILLES
SPEED OF MERCURY
BY THESE POWERS COMBINED I AM BECOME, DC Comics Presents: SHAZAM! The True Story of SHAZAM the Big Crimson Dairy Product!
bravo
>>
>>78035270
Different characters

>>78035369
It's so nice that all is slowly being retconed.
>>
>>78035719
>that all is slowly being retconed
huh?he changed his power source and thats about it.i wonder why shazam wasnt an earth one character tho.
>>
>>78031348
It's a shame DC hasn't released better reprints of the Golden age Captain Marvel. If you do some digging you can find the Shazam Family annual that DC did that reprints the first Black Adam story and the old Smithsonian Book of Comic Book Comics which has the classic Captain Marvel Adventures number 100.

If you want something more modern with a classic feel, your should check out some Tom Strong. Underrated comic in my opinion.
>>
>>78035862
And the Wizard is back, and each letter has a meaning again. 3 of the 4 elements Johns changed while writting his movie script. But yes, it would had worked better as an earth one story, but they needed something after the Captain Marvel anthology of Morrison, Waid and Simone was shut down.
>>
>>78033722
This. It's easily one of the best Shazam stories out there, and that's saying something since it has stiff competition for that title.
>>
>>78035369
Hoping when the line reaches #52 they just do a renumbering and launch Shazam & JSA with it.

If Johns isn't doing it by now then fuck it.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.