[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What was the point of this character?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 7
File: Asami Sato future industries.png (162 KB, 500x441) Image search: [Google]
Asami Sato future industries.png
162 KB, 500x441
What was the point of this character?
>>
>>78024403
Team whore
>>
I never watched passed the first season, I'm still convinced she was supposed to be a traitor and they backed out and wrote her as a good guy for shit reasons.
>>
>>78024430
Hey she never sucked Bolin's dick
>>
>>78024430
that's not Korra
>>
>>78024403
So, /co/ hate LoK, but in the same time you guys managed to keep posting about it alive for a bloody year. Just let it, fucking, die.
>>
>>78024517
This is exactly what happened actually. She was going to be a spy, but became the waifu of Bryke, so he decided to eliminate any "personalitty and bad trates" of her, and them a bland Mary Sue.
>>
>>78024403
Korra's love rival and opposite. Let's not pretend there was a point to her past book 1.
>>
>>78024517
You're 100% correct.
>>
>>78024403
To suffer
>>
>>78024580
I don't think /co/ hates LoK, it just wasn't as good as TLA. It's still good, just not as good as it's predecessor.
>>
File: Asami 1b.jpg (291 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Asami 1b.jpg
291 KB, 1920x1080
>>78024403
She had potential in S1 and S2; her father had turned out an Equalist that supported a takeover of the city, her company was bleeding money as a result, her partnership with Verrick, etc. Plus, Korra's bitchiness made her look good.

But by S3, it was clear Bryke had zero idea what to do with their characters anymore, so they gave love interests to Bolin and Jinora, a estranged step-family to Lin, but Asami got nothing.
>>
File: Front Bum.jpg (45 KB, 640x748) Image search: [Google]
Front Bum.jpg
45 KB, 640x748
>>78024403
For dumbler to have a plan B lez ending to a terrible season with bad writing.
>>
>>78024580
I don't get it, are we only supposed to talk about things we like?
>>
Dunno... fap potential?
>>
>>78024594
Indeed was she bland. Worst of all? Highly irrelevant past S1. And for what? So Asami can be friends with the people who destroyed her entire life and ability to even get a job? Bullshit.

Seen women hate other women for stealing their boyfriends, you think women forgive their entire wealthy status being stolen from them? Hell no.
>>
For some reason screenwriters think shows need love triangles.
>>
File: asamifacepalm.gif (400 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
asamifacepalm.gif
400 KB, 500x281
>>78024517

they might as well should have just done it.

she could have been like the Avatar version of Shego from Kim Possible.

>>78024938

Bryke really thought fans were only interested in the shipping, vocal ones.

they never bothered to ask sane non-shippers why they liked Avatar.
>>
>>78024938
Not love triangles, but romance in general. Which is bullshit because the main audience is kids. Translation kid shows will NEVER be permitted to show the true ugly side of romance. It's always either fluffy unrealistic Disney style romance or in the case of Korra show a bad side of romance (Asami's relationship with Mako falling apart thanks to Korra) but never the full extent (Asami would likely want to cut ties with people who brought chaos to her life instead of befriending them).
>>
>>78024403
New team needed an Appa to get them from place to place, naga wasn't good enough
>>
I was hoping she'd use tech to become a mecha Avatar and be the final enemy
>>
>>78024698
>It's still good
Not remotely.
>>
>>78024707
>Asami got nothing
Nigga, Asami got motherfucking Miyazaki as her father.
>>
>>78024517

That's what happened. Frankly, I appreciate it. Everyone and their mother could see that coming.

Also, her Ghandi-tier patience and understanding was a nice breath of fresh air in the episodes where everyone else was a dick.
>>
File: 1448569086565.png (28 KB, 281x245) Image search: [Google]
1448569086565.png
28 KB, 281x245
>>78024403
what was the point of this show?
>>
>>78024403
to drive the car
or the boat
or the airship
and be a good guy using tech instead of bending in fight scenes
>>
File: worse.png (19 KB, 218x329) Image search: [Google]
worse.png
19 KB, 218x329
>>78024938
>>78025130

Guys guys.....I think that you dont get it.....a fandom can love the writting, the cgharacters and a lot of things.....but the spine of a fandom, what holds it together, is shipping.

Shipping is the blood of most fandoms.

Not alawyas, but its the easiest way to build your fandom is on the back on shipping.
>>
>>78024403
Fap bait for both straights and lesbians.
>>
File: appa and momo humanization.jpg (60 KB, 736x841) Image search: [Google]
appa and momo humanization.jpg
60 KB, 736x841
>>78028291
So she was the Korra version of Appa?

Korra ending with her is the equivalent of him ending on a gay reationship with his fucking flying bison?

With the exception that Appa has more characterization going for him?
>>
>>78028448
a combination of appa and sokka but with only one season of character development yes
>>
love interest.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.