[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are your thoughts on him?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: black adam.jpg (146 KB, 792x792) Image search: [Google]
black adam.jpg
146 KB, 792x792
What are your thoughts on him?
>>
I'm fan. I'd like to see New 52 Isis, though.
>>
>>78000741
pre pew52 was perfect. Now he is a shitty jobber, thanks Johns.
>>
>>78000741
only saw him in OG 52 and really liked him there.
>>
one of my fav villains, with the only amount of smug to match sinestros
>>
>>78000821
Which makes me ask, were Sinestro and Black Adam more evil in past or they were veeeeeery violent antiheroes?
>>
>>78000903
They were villians. Sinestro as an anti-villians is Johns shit, but Black adam was more of an editorial mandante
>>
>>78000903
Pretty much up until Johns' run, Sinestro was all but pure evil, the only exception I can think of is Emerald Dawn, and even there he was more villainous then the Sinestro we love nowadays.
>>
>>78000903

Sinestro wasn't anything resembling an antihero until very recently, if I recall correctly.
>>
>>78000945
>>78000963
>>78000999
Then what happened? Johns was fan and turned them noble demons or whatever name of that trope is?
>>
>>78000741
he's eh. His fans are insufferable.
>>
>>78001029
>fans are insufferable
You can say that for every character who has fans.
>>
>>78001058
true. maybe its just personal experience but I fucking hate adamfags, they're awful.
>>
>>78000903
Silver Age Sinestro told a bunch of villains they weren't evil enough and tried to win a villain popularity contest, then later on he was just a straight up dick
>>
>>78001027
Jerry Ordway had Adam claim that his descendant Theo Adam had a brain tumor and that's why he was evil iirc

Johns ran with that when he brought Adam into JSA

And Chris Priest did the initial story which said Sinestro had been Hal's mentor and elaborated on his taking over Korugar and then Johns ran with that too
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.