[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Hating Ducktales Is there any more proof Don Rosa is retarded?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 2592x1944) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 2592x1944
>Hating Ducktales

Is there any more proof Don Rosa is retarded?
>>
>>77933747
whoa, larry david is a way bigger disney nerd than i thought
>>
His duck comics aren't actually based off the ones Barks wrote before X, but the ones Barks wrote before X that he also had in his possession as a child. Details from those issues that he didn't have aren't included because they don't feel right to him or some shit.

I really think the guy's autistic, and not in the dumb online insult sense.
>>
Is Don Rosa the Ken Penders of Disney? I keep reading posts not to buy or support Disney reprints because they ruin all his work despite not owning the character at all.
>>
>>77934011
No, Don Rosa can actually draw and even write a bit. He just cares WAY too much about the ducks for some reason.

IMO Barks was better.
>>
>>77934011
Disney puts his name on books without cutting him a check for using "Don Rosa"
>>
>>77933747
he doesn't hate ducktales. he hates plebs mistaking his comics for ducktales.
>>
File: o-ALAN-MOORE-facebook.jpg (474 KB, 1536x1144) Image search: [Google]
o-ALAN-MOORE-facebook.jpg
474 KB, 1536x1144
>Hating Swamp Thing - the animated series

Is there any more proof Alan Moore is retarded?
>>
>>77933747
The show wasn't really that good tbph. The comics were always better.
>>
>>77933785
a good post
>>
>>77934687
He did like the Watchmen cartoon.
>>
>>77934503
I mean, he's got a Webbigail figure right there.
>>
>>77935193
>The show wasn't really that good tbph. The comics were always better.

Really good point. Launchpad was a great new character but everything else they added to the Ducks world was patronizing saturday morning cliche shit, like the nanny, and th epreachy little girl, and the really dumb superhero, and the caveman in modern times.
>>
File: donna.jpg (68 KB, 365x341) Image search: [Google]
donna.jpg
68 KB, 365x341
He is a man of hate.
>>
>>77936385
>really dumb superhero
I thought Gizmoduck was done better than the basic concept sounds even when watching it today, but it's hard to seriously defend a character whose existence was based around "Hey, RoboCop's cool, let's do a parody of that!" and who then got constant focus in the show.
>>
>>77934004
>grow up as a huge fanboy of X
>write your own fanfiction
>company likes it so much they pay you to keep doing it
>your fanfiction becomes the true canon

is he not living the dream?
>>
>>77938198
Only so long as Duck comics aren't against Sharia m8
>>
How about this: He hasn't written a non-comic novel yet.

He's a great storyteller, and i would honestly kill a hobo to have him write a novel
I even emailed him about it!
>>
>ducktales
>good

>any disney cartoon other than gargoyles and darkwing duck
>good

Is there any more proof that OP is retarded?
>>
>>77935814
>Cartoon
Either I'm retarded, or you're referring to the Harry Partridge parody.
>>
>>77934004
Even Barks thought he was way too obsessed with this stuff
>>
>>77933785
>>77935756
I agree, that is a good post.
>>
>>77941074
>gargoyles and darkwing duck
>good
>>
>>77933747
He doesn't hate ducktales.
He hates when people confuse his comics for ducktales.
>>
File: fucktales.jpg (35 KB, 656x117) Image search: [Google]
fucktales.jpg
35 KB, 656x117
Superfriends.

Duck Tales is the equivalent to Super Friends.
>>
>>77933747
Oh look we got a Egmont intern posting.
>>
I think he wrote a duck tales comic and never got paid for it.
>>
>>77934011
Don is actually a nice guy, has talent, and doesn't pull shit out of his ass.

He may be sucking the duck dick a bit too hard but he has good reason to dislike Disney.
>>
File: 4416673228_a2f3d48814.jpg (115 KB, 333x500) Image search: [Google]
4416673228_a2f3d48814.jpg
115 KB, 333x500
>>77933785
>>
>>77938198
>they pay you to keep doing it

Boy, do I have bad news for you.
>>
>>77934011
No, he got pissed off at disney for them using HIS NAME without paying him any fucking royalties.
Like, they marketed reprints of the comics he drew, using his name in the advertising, without paying him a single fucking dime.
He had every right to be pissed off at Disney for that shit.
>>
>>77944717
>How many people know how the “Disney system” of comics works? When I describe this to some fans when asked about it, they often think I’m kidding them or lying. Or they are outraged. But it’s an unfortunate fact that there have never been, and I ultimately realized there never will be, any royalties paid to the people who write or draw or otherwise create all the Disney comics you’ve ever read.

>Disney comics have never been produced by the Disney company, but have always been created by freelance writers and artists working for licensed independent publishers, like Carl Barks working for Dell Comics, me working for Egmont, and hundreds of others working for numerous other Disney licensees. We are paid a flat rate per page by one publisher for whom we work directly. After that, no matter how many times that story is used by other Disney publishers around the world, no matter how many times the story is reprinted in other comics, album series, hardback books, special editions, etc., etc., no matter how well it sells, we never receive another cent for having created that work. That’s the system Carl Barks worked in and it’s the same system operating today.

>How can such an archaic system still be in operation in the 21st Century when royalties have been paid in other creative publishing endeavors for literally centuries? All book authors, musicians, actors, singers, non-Disney cartoonists, even people who act in TV commercials… they all receive royalties if success warrants it. Even Disney pays normal royalties to creators and performers in its own movie and TV and book and music businesses. As near as I can tell, correct me if I’m wrong, but it’s only the creators of Disney comics who have no chance to receive a share of the profits of the success of the work they create.
>>
>>77944976
>How can such an archaic system still be in operation in the 21st Century
because people keep agreeing to do it, knowing how it works.
>>
>>77933747
>Hating Don Rosa

Is there any more proof OP is retarded?
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.