[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you guys think of John Lasseter?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: John_Lasseter.jpg (2 MB, 1187x1800) Image search: [Google]
John_Lasseter.jpg
2 MB, 1187x1800
What do you guys think of John Lasseter?
>>
>>77913155
I think he doesn't deserve all the power he now has.
>>
>>77913155
I think he has hideous taste in button down shirts.
>>
>>77913185
I appreciate what he's done for pixar, and I agree. He's done very little good since then except maybe dubbing the studio ghibli movies
>>
Despite the creepy smile, I'd still hit it.
>>
>>77913155
You were the chosen one, you were supposed to save Disney not leave it in darkness!
>>
I met him once at my job. Nice guy.
>>
He is a good collaborator, and has an eye for a good film. He can see what works and what doesn't work, but more importantly, knows how to fix it. But when you let him do it himself, the results are technically sturdy but far from inspiring. The films he gets too involved in generally all end up being this kind of generic feel-good stuff.

Basically, I think Disney is right in keeping him in an overseer capacity, but they gave him too much power to dig down into production at the same time. He needs to be a step or two further removed from the process.
>>
>>77918124

Nice guys don't make good movies.
>>
Fat fucking pig taking credit for all of Pixar's work, even though it's very clear at this point that he's a retard with no talent. Cars was his pet project, which says all you need to know about his taste and competence, and he was friends with Steve Jobs, which says all you need to know about his morals and personality. He's a Lucas/Bryke type with a greater focus on business. A bumbling fucking oaf buoyed up by competent underlings while taking credit for their success. He's the type of person whose head belongs in a basket at the foot of a guillotine.
>>
>>77918124
Why do people think that having a polite conversation with a celebrity makes them "nice"? It seems like the sole standard for a rich and famous person to be considered awesome and humble is being able to have a converse with strangers without pissing them off. Think about how low of a bar that is.
>>
File: image.jpg (104 KB, 960x640) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
104 KB, 960x640
>>77914916
You're a chubby chaser? me too
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.