[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How the fuck have we ended up here?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6
File: Shut the fuck up kitty.jpg (2 MB, 1310x1043) Image search: [Google]
Shut the fuck up kitty.jpg
2 MB, 1310x1043
How the fuck have we ended up here?
>>
When Bendis was a child, someone took him home, fed him, clothed him and cared for him.
>>
It feels like Bendis doesn't even know what to do anymore.
>>
Since I'm ubercasual when it comes to F4, did Ben call women before "broad"? And were people all offended?
>>
>>77825976
That monster!
>>
>>77825977
>anymore.
He never did
>>
File: 137593505136.jpg (14 KB, 240x320) Image search: [Google]
137593505136.jpg
14 KB, 240x320
Why the fuck is Ben there?

What are the Guardians of the Galaxy as a team anymore? They just throw literally random people together and try to be funny? What is his costume even supposed to be?
>>
>>77825989
Yeah, that's how he usually speaks. I think he's always had an old New York dialect.
>>
>>77826050
It's jews in space
>>
>>77826067
Thanks.
Now I'm not sure is Bendis making Kitty be all offended or trying to make controversy and sexist Ben.
>>
>>77826050
his costume is supposed to represent he's on the gotg team but the team has no theme or unified design so its just random bullshit that doesn't tie him together with anyone else.
>>
>>77826115
Neither. He's just trying and failing to get his bantz on.
>>
>>77826067
Ben is a very specific working class New York Jew stereotype. He speaks like that because that's how kids that grew up on the Lower East Side during the '40s and '50s spoke.
>>
>>77826178
I'm reading too much into it, huh.
>>
>>77826299
Yes. Reading too much into tends to be a problem with a lot of /co/mrades. Not everything is some conspiracy to force a political agenda. Sometimes, in fact MOST times, it's just hack writers trying and failing to be funny and/or topical.
>>
>>77825937
Can someone post the Bendis pasta? It's only a matter of time, might as well get them out of the way.
>>
>>77826363
I don't read too much into when I read other writers, Bendis is one where my counter starts pinging like crazy.
>>
Does anyone even like this run?
>>
>>77825937
what's wrong with this page?

or is it another gratuitous let's shit on Benis for no reason thread?
>>
>>77826506
Yes. Lots of people in fact. Don't expect to find them here on /co/ though.
>>
>>77826459
Typical anti-Bendis brigade. You guys are the worst of the worst. Always crying because Marvels best writer is reinvigorating comics with his top selling stories. I bet you guys are the same idiots crying about the X-men too. Well too bad, his X-men run is highly praised everywhere else like reddit, and will go down as one of the best. Issue 600 took old and boring characters and reinvigorated them into a new progressive age. You guys need to catch up instead of staying stuck in the past.

And there is nothing you can do to stop the Bendis train, lol.

Don't have the gif though
>>
>>77826645
>everywhere else like reddit
Every time.
>>
File: 1353880497540.png (101 KB, 449x401) Image search: [Google]
1353880497540.png
101 KB, 449x401
>>77826645
>everywhere else like reddit

and hey man I like Bendis... well... sometimes, USM (pre-miles) is what got me into comics and Dark Reign and current Iron-man are good but that doesn't give him a free pass for retarded pages like that.
>>
File: cant touch this.gif (1 MB, 355x200) Image search: [Google]
cant touch this.gif
1 MB, 355x200
>>77826645
I got you familia, found it in that other Bendis thread.

Guardians of the Galaxy is fucking awesome. I cant even fathom the amount of shit it's getting on /co/

Its just like the movie, which got good reviews, and its one of the highest selling comics in the world right now and for good reason

>b-but its not MUH GUARDIANS!
lol fuck off. Nobody cared or knew who they were before the movie. Consider actually having fun once in your life, thats what the run is, fun. Since when is NOT MUH a valid criticism? They're basically taking the gotg name and making it something better, there's nothing wrong with that.

Its basically the exact same for Kitty Pryde. Reinventing a C-list character into a badass renegade which is also selling well and everyone is enjoying it aside from you /co/ntrarians. Why is that exactly?
>>
File: 1413545953118.jpg (604 KB, 873x1381) Image search: [Google]
1413545953118.jpg
604 KB, 873x1381
>>77826772
Bendis gtfo
>>
>>77826891
It's a pasta you idiot.
>>
>>77826891
Secretly everyone is a Bendis fan. Sure people here like to feel they have superior taste by calling him shit, hack or whatever they want. They feel better knowing their current indy darling is way better than the top dog at Marvel because it somehow validates the comics they are reading and that's fine.

And yeah the things people complain about Bendis are true as well. He likes to write for trades with slow pacing arcs and his characteristic dialogue. Not to mention putting the stories over any kind of continuity fans want to be acknowledged.

But it's also true that what he does is exactly what Marvel needs. He actually puts some effort in trying to change and advance these characters. You people always criticize his changes because you don't want your characters to advance that fast. Maybe if a change is teased and slowly build then in ten years you will accept it but Bendis doesn't have ten years. He wants to move forward himself not wait until his grandsons do the job for him. You hate him for that but it's what Marvel need. His stories also appeal to the readers. He writes what they want to read. Compare Guardians of the Galaxy against Inhumans. Both had the same number of variants but Bendis still won because he writes the team of Guardians people are interested in reading, accuse him of waifuing or whatever but people accpeted Kitty as Star-Lord because Bendis sold her to them in the first issue. He also put the Avengers on the map and some might say he did it by using gimmicks and events but he was the one who dared to pull these gimmicks and events, and they worked. People liked it. Bendis does know what people want. /co/ of course has other ideas, and most likely those ideas would send Marvel into bankruptcy again.

Bendis works, and /co/ loves him. All the hate messages are just the way they have to show their love.
>>
File: TheHorrifyingTruth.jpg (1 MB, 1200x1845) Image search: [Google]
TheHorrifyingTruth.jpg
1 MB, 1200x1845
>>
>>77827024
>He actually puts some effort in trying to change and advance these characters
He literally pulled the original X-Men from the past and immediately put Jean into a love triangle because he was incapable of dealing with the concept of his favorite characters changing. You illiterate fuck.
>>
>>77827150
Calm down anon. It's pasta.
>>
>>77825937
This is totally in character for Kitty, much as I hate to say it. Somebody post the nigger page.
>>
>>77827150
that's stupid. he didn't erase the normal characters to bring the O5. he used the O5 as different characters that are unchanged while the regular ones changed you retard.
>>
>>77825937
God Damn is the audience this is marketed towards 11 year olds?
I felt embarrassed opening that image up in public
>>
>>77827191
This is in character for that bitch, but no one talks to Ben Grimm that way.
>>
>>77826067
His speech is based off of some comedian that Stan Lee liked, but I can't immediately recall the name.
>>
>>77826713
there's nothing retarded in that page what are you talking about? Is this about the sexist thing? How paranoid can you people be?
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.