[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Scott Snyder is doing a Two-Face story
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 111
Thread images: 7
File: snyder two-face.png (108 KB, 554x562) Image search: [Google]
snyder two-face.png
108 KB, 554x562
The ride never ends boys
>>
Isn't he dead?
>>
>>77808896
But Two-Face died during Batman and Robin?
>>
What, is Two Face gonna slice half of some guy's face off and put it on the middle of his face? Three-Face? God damn it Snyder can you NOT make everyone super edgy for once?
>>
>>77808896
That sounds fucking awful. Jesus Christ Snyder stay the fuck away from my favorite Bat villain.
>>
>>77809045
The man is a closet homosexual. He writes all his villains as edge lords in love with crime and very sexual towards the hero.
>>
>>77808978
>>77809009

Story trumps continuity, faggots.

Or he gets revived through a Lazarus Pit, I doubt Scott Snyder gives any fucks.
>>
>>77808978
After Convergence, everything's more or less fair game.
>>
>>77809009
>>77808978
snyder addressed this in a tweet yesterday i don't remember quite specifically but there's always a way to bring a character back nigga its comics
>>
>>77809075
Cut that off, Snyder is a nice guy. He's not Slott.
>>
>>77809052
the sentiment is nice. He wants to move Two-Face past his tragedy and have some growth. he's just going to do it in a weird, edgy way
>>
File: TDK1TwoFace.jpg (150 KB, 600x815) Image search: [Google]
TDK1TwoFace.jpg
150 KB, 600x815
>>77809045
Eh, it can't be any worse than One-Face.
>>
Snyder has bungled Two-Face every time he's used him so far.

http://about-faces.livejournal.com/87724.html

>>77808978
>>77809009
He was "killed" in a way that made him very easy to bring back.
>>
>>77809183
why is two-face calling batman a slur for homosexuals?
>>
>Snyder ruined Freeze
>Snyder ruined Joker twice
>Snyder ruined Clayface
>Snyder wrote an an all right-if-too-edgy Riddler
>Snyder wants to ruin Two-Face
Why doesn't he just leave already?
>>
>>77809253
Casuals
>>
>>77809086
That's stupid though, why should I care about DC's stories when they don't care about keeping track of them?
I mean, you got Batman as a New God in Justice League and then as Gordon in a robot suit in his book? Superman is powerless in his books but extra powerful in JL?
It's lazy as fuck. Why should I care about what happens in one DC book when fifty other DC writers will ignore it? It's no wonde Marvel is selling more than DC, they don't pull anything this Stupid. You don't see Spider-Man as a Cthulu god in one book and aunt May taking up his mantle in another book.
>>
>>77809281
we can see that you don't know how timelines work
>>
>>77809253
DC thinks Batman's good sales are because of Snyder, when in reality Batman sells regardless of who's at the helm.
>>
>>77809124
Nothing I said was not true though. If he makes one more villain call the hero "darling" I'm gonna vomit.
>>
am i the only one who enjoys his batman run?

I recognize there are other, better batman runs that I've read yes but I like how distinct this run is in that it's very snyder-y like his creator owned comics
>>
>>77809281
marvel gives less of a fuck about continuity, especially with guys like bendis ignoring everybody, even their own continuity. Also, writers playing favorites and putting other characters they hate down
>>
>>77809281
ONE MORE DAY Aron one more day.
>>
File: link annoyed.jpg (29 KB, 306x273) Image search: [Google]
link annoyed.jpg
29 KB, 306x273
>>77809281
>A story in a comic is only worthwhile if another comic references it.
>>
funny how /co/ used to love snyder back when AV and Black Mirror were coming out but turned tail as soon as his joker story came out
>>
>>77809253
>>Snyder ruined Freeze
Making a alternate universe version that is not sympathetic is not the same thing as ruining.
>>Snyder ruined Joker twice
No, the first one was a bit edgy but still darkly fun, but the endgame version was fucking phenomenal.
>Snyder ruined Clayface
How?
>Snyder wrote an an all right-if-too-edgy Riddler
No... he wasn't really edgy at all.
>>
>>77809450
They fixed that
>>77809434
>>77809452
You don't see Captain America as a centaur in one book and a female cheerleader in another.
And Ice Man being gays makes perfect sense, you just can't see it because your bigotry blinds you. Just like with Korra.
>>
>>77809317
That's not true, Batman sold like shit when Daniel was at the helm.
>>
>>77809386
I would say that is what I don't like about it. His weird dialogue choices and constant homolust for the hero are what turn me off about it.

He should have stopped after Court of Owls.
>>
>>77809552
>Ice Man being gays makes perfect sense, you just can't see it because your bigotry blinds you
8/10 you got us
>>
>>77809533
Black Mirror is still great man. For me it's just Slott syndrome. I liked Court of Owls, Black Mirror is one of my favorites but everything after Zero Yero has by and large sucked. That's why a writer rotates off the book because they run out of ideas. The writer usually doesn't know that though but like >>77809317 says DC thinks sales are fine so whatever.
>>
>>77809540
>liking Snyder's joker characterization

Into the trash your opinion goes.
>>
>>77809602
>>77809554
idk tho jim gordon bats has been good so far. I like Mr. Bloom
>>
One thing that sort of bothers me about Two-Face is that people kind of write his dialogue like he wandered off some trailer park, when I think an ex-lawyer would actually be pretty affable. This guy probably had to study some Latin and shit in school. He'd be dapper as fuck.

>>77808896
>How we all have desires we don't owe him. He collects.
What does that even mean.

>>77809253
I agree with the others, but his Clayface story wasn't bad.
>>
>>77809552
"Fixed" is the key word there. Causing Spiderman to miss his wedding is just lazy in my opinion.
>>
>>77809711
you missed one
"How we all have desires we don't want the world to know about."
>>
>>77809552
Well, in Marvel right now there's a Steve Rodgers Captain America story (Captain America: White) a Sam Wilson Captain America ongoing, and a black female Captain America in Spider-Gwen. So it's pretty close.
Also I find it hilarious that you randomly moved the goal posts to being about Iceman. I don't care that Bobby is gay, I don't read X-Men, and I liked the ending of Korra.
>>
>>77809540
>Making a alternate universe version that is not sympathetic is not the same thing as ruining.
There have been no good New 52 Freeze stories.
>No... he wasn't really edgy at all.
Except for all the people he killed and the arm he blew off.
>>77809711
His idea of Clayface is someone who no longer has a personality who's evil because he is. Fortunately Arkham Manor got rid of Snyderface by having it turn out to be to something that just showed up and eventually got Jokerized while the original is just fine.
>>
File: tumblr_n4rp9vlKIC1sodau1o8_1280.jpg (132 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n4rp9vlKIC1sodau1o8_1280.jpg
132 KB, 1280x720
>>77808896
>Two-Face was some underused, generic mobster in the Arkham games
>Dent was a one-dimensional jackass who turned into a psycho in Beware the Batman
>now this

Why must they continue to ruin my favorite Batman villain?
>>
How's he gonna involve the Joker in this?
>>
>>77810152
Because you can't seem to get the message that you picked the wrong batman villain to like.
>>
>>77810180
That's what I wanna know also.
>>
>>77810152
At least arkham knight had a nice side quest for him, his dialogue anyway
>>
>>77809627
Their is nothing wrong or in bad taste about preferring the Joker to be a candyman like phantom then just another generic human foe.
>>
>>77810513
My sides have left the orbit
>>
>>77810131
>Except for all the people he killed and the arm he blew off.
Killing people isn't fucking edgy.
Stop fucking using edgy as a flaw, it is not, its just not what you enjoy, that does not make it a storytelling or writing flaw on any level.
>>
>>77810544
Explain what is wrong with it?
You preferring it to be something else, does not make it flawed on a storytelling and writing level.
>>
>>77810593
Read The Killing Joke. One bad day is the core of Joker's character and partly why he thinks Batman is so funny.
>>
>>77810634
Read It, own it, its awesome, but we have gotten that version of the character for around 70 years, their is no reason the new 52 version can not be more mysterious and supernatural than that.
>>
>>77810750
What? Morrison used that version more or less.

I guess you are entitled to your opinion but it's not a very good one.
>>
>>77808896
Sounds exactly like the way he writes Joker.
>>
>>77810807
And The Dealer in Black Mirror. And Thomas Wayne in the Court of Owls.
>>
>>77810788
No, Morrison, did not imply he was a ageless Phantom around at least a century ago.
How is it not a good one, WHY is liking a more supernatural and threatening version of this character in bad taste???
>>
>>77810891
Morrison used The Killing Joke version. That's not a Batman villain dude. That's a Spectre villain. It doesn't belong in Batman and it also bastardized an existing character.
>>
>>77809533
If Snyder weren't so shit at writing Joker and didn't love him enough to put him in all but one story of his so far then we'd probably still like him.

Really most of /co/'s complaints come from DOTF and Endgame. Complaints from other stories or about him in general are mainly the ending to CoO, how heavy he gets on exposition, and how much his run seems to mirror Morrison's stuff.
>>
File: Thinking.jpg (63 KB, 592x592) Image search: [Google]
Thinking.jpg
63 KB, 592x592
Was snyder Joker really a century old or it was just another joke ?
>>
>>77810939
>That's not a Batman villain dude. That's a Spectre villain. It doesn't belong in Batman and it also bastardized an existing character.
Their is zero reason Batman can't fight Supernatural villains, especially when they have only limited power, The Spectre fights like god level beings.
Alternate universe takes on characters and giving them alternate origins is not bastardizing anything what the fuck are you talking about?
His personality and Style in endgame wasn't anything seriously different than the traditional Joker just because he is more mysterious and epic.
>>
>>77811010
Its implied he is not, but it is left marginally open to interpretation.
>>
>>77811064
The only thing i got was the the Talon was trained to tell the truth and he was lying about the joker being that old, at least i think he lied
>>
>>77811041
He basically just turned the Joker into Dr. Hurt.

He should have just used Dr. Hurt.
>>
>>77808896
Cool hopefully he can fix all the Garabage Tomasi wrote.
>>
>>77808978
>>77809009
We didn't even see his body. Just a BANG and some blood splattering on the picture.
They can just say Two-Face is a fucking idiot who missed, almost died, and got better.
>>
>>77811110
You're GAWBAGE
>>
>>77811110
But the Big Burn was great!
>>
Oh, are we going to learn that Two-Face was never Harvey Dent, he just made half his face look like Harvey to support his delusion? Which is why he always reverts back to "Two-Face", he was never Harvey, only a crazy person who thought he was.
>>
>>77811113
Dude Snyder doesn't even read B&R. He's shown that before.
>>
When was the last time Two Face was written well?

>>77811175
Or maybe Two Face was really the Joker this whole time.
>>
>>77810304
Eeh, I guess. It just sucks that for all the villains that had good characterization, they made him into a mob boss with a gimmick.

He should've been the one who sacrificed his life in Arkham Knight. It would've made more sense than Poison Ivy.
>>
>>77811254
Ivy did it for the plants breh.
>>
>>77811222
>When was the last time Two Face was written well?
THE BIG BURN!
>>
File: BM_CK_Cv25_7vat9x3dib_.jpg (399 KB, 1500x2307) Image search: [Google]
BM_CK_Cv25_7vat9x3dib_.jpg
399 KB, 1500x2307
>>77811167
It was all right but suffered from obvious rushed rewrites that removed Carrie Kelly from the story.
>>
>>77811222
>When was the last time Two Face was written well?
Their was a arc of Nightwing, where he was hired to kill someone who he did not actually want to kill, and he gut shoots her, and leaves her thinking Dick will be able to save her, but he wasn't able to and Dent goes fucking ballistic over it.
>>
File: tumblr_nilht1FR6V1u8omavo5_1280.jpg (105 KB, 600x922) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nilht1FR6V1u8omavo5_1280.jpg
105 KB, 600x922
I guess that means the big burn is not the end for harvey
good
>>
>>77811167
No no it wasn't.

It turned Harvey into a mob lawyer, who never became DA.

Not to mention the awful lazy Irish twin garbage surrounding it.
>>
>>77811222
Long Halloween.
>>
>>77811254
No it wouldn't have.

Dent couldn't do shit to stop the fear toxin stuff.
>>
>>77809253
his riddler was based
I had no issues apart from wanting batman to beat the shit out of him a lot more
>>
>>77811386
Tomasi never intended it to be, he said in an interview that he was going to revisit it but who knows if that's happening now.
>>77811402
I liked the idea of Harvey being someone who was never really all good nor all bad. Also I'm pretty sure he did end up becoming DA, Bruce manipulated him into that position.
>>
>>77809202
There are people still in livejournal what is this 2001?
>>
>>77811402
>It turned Harvey into a mob lawyer, who never became DA.

He did become a DA. He just started out as a defense attorney who sold out the twins to climb to that position of power.
>>
>>77809317
not true he's selling more than morrison was when he was on the book
>>
>>77811523
Relaunch plus Capullo pencils and Plascencia colors.
>>
>>77809386
Nope I love it
Its nice to have someone who actually loves the character of batman/bruce wayne write the title
>>
>>77810152
not even mentioning tommy lee jones in batman forever
you deserve it
two face has always been shit outside of a few very select stories
>>
>>77811557
If Capullo was such a sell Haunt would have done much better
>>
>>77811850
That happened before his work on Batman.

Batman is what made him into an a list creator, just like with Snyder.
>>
>>77811386
Someone should totally storytime this or another good Two Face story, so its fresh in the mind for when all of /co/ flames Snyder's story
>>
>>77812012
How many other good Two Face stories are there?
>>
>>77812038
I could only think of the Gotham Central stuff and that one Joker's Asylum issue as I was writing that.

>implying Long Halloween is good
>>
>>77812122
What a long list.
Nice to see Harvey being written in a good and fair way.
>>
>>77812298
Don't forget Rucka's Convergence Question mini with Harvey in it
>>
>>77812038
Batman Annual #14, Eye of the Beholder, which Loeb ripped off for Long Halloween.
>>
>>77809183

Eh that was dumb but the reasoning behind it was at least a decent idea. It was just done in the worst way possible. I think there was a Batman The Animated Series episode that did it? If I remember right Scarecrow made the opposite of a fear toxin and it fucked with the Arkham inmates brains badly. It was a great premise executed in the worst way possible.

Of course no one read this book past this one page so no one knows what happened except for masochists.

Seriously no one ever needs to read this crapheap of a comic. It'd just be torture.
>>
>>77809686

Bruce-wise I really liked Court of Owls, the rest has been pretty mediocre but not really bad.

Jim Bats however has been great. It was something I never wanted but I have been enjoying it a lot.

>>77810634

It is heavily implied by Endgame's finale that Joker was lying about everything. Like it's practically spelled out that it was just a gag. Did you fucks even read it or did you just buy into the clickbait?

It's even up in the air if he was the lead Red Hood.
>>
>>77814171
zero year had really solid villains, especially riddler. I know there's differing takes on how big riddler should be, but for a "big" riddler story it pulled off big effectively
>>
His Freeze and Riddler reboots were pretty great, and gave characterization more fertile to new stories than their old ones. Here's hoping he does that again with Two Face, I could Snyder on the helm for decades, as long as he doesn't touch the Joker anymore.
>>
>>77811106

At the very end after Batman inoculated him and said "If you've been exposed for centuries, you're telling the truth if not well you won't heal" and we last see Joker crawling for the pit because he could no longer heal. If he could he wouldn't have needed his face in the first place because it all would have healed. It was pretty clear the true intent was that he found the pit after being dropped and this was all him trying to make Batman feel bad about choosing the Batfamily over him.
>>
>>77808896
Why are you acting like this is big news? This is known for a long time.
>>
>>77814275

My only problem with Zero Year was that it felt too big. I wish things were scaled back a bit. It was nice seeing Riddler as a big threat though I guess.

>>77814305

I love the older Freeze, I prefer it, but Snyder created a version that can be reused a bit more effectively and without getting tied up in what other writers did. It makes him a bit more lasting and a bit less difficult to use. I still prefer the old version but it's not really all that bad. It just makes Freeze a better mix between ice-theme badguy and man who is just doing everything he can to save his wife.
>>
>>77814406
I have a feeling a lot of the people hating nuFreeze at the time were BTAS only watchers, who didn't have to suffer through a character defined by one single story arc for decades.

It's the same problem with X23 bouncing in and out of conditioning, because that's her defining characteristic.
>>
>>77812122

I really like the stuff between him and Renee in general. It predated Gotham Central.

What about that short comic done in the BTAS-style about him and the twins he fell in love with? I think that's a great one.

The Joker's Asylum issue is GOAT though.
>>
>>77808896
I am sure it will be game changing and epic and will have stakes that will put a lasting permanent spin on the Batman mythos forever.
>>
>>77814471
The Teen Titans suffers from this with Wolfman/Perez as well.
>>
>>77814471

Exactly. This leaves him a bit more open for writers to use and retains the sympathetic villain angle. The BTAS staff had said that Freeze episodes were the hardest to do because they always had to justify his return.

Snyder created a more simplistic Freeze that just leaves him open a bit more going forward. Any writer can now just pick Freeze up and play without doing: "I need to fix my wife" and "My wife left me" over and over again as was the rut he had fallen into.
>>
>>77814597
I don't see why Freeze NEEDS to be used so much. I would prefer a few stories that kept him sympathetic than being yet another recurring psycho.
>>
Has Hush been in the New 52 stuff at all?

After all of Dini's work on him he's probably my favorite modern Bat villain
>>
>>77814992
Was he not a part of Batman Eternal?
>>
>>77814968

It's not that he needs to be used so much more it's that he can now be used in a way where the writer before doesn't have to worry about over stepping everything each time they want to do a Freeze plot. They can just use him vs having to craft a way for him to be used compared to the last story that used him. It makes things easier on the writers even though it means the character loses something.
>>
>>77815025

I dunno, was he? I'm catching up to on Batman and I'm only up to the start of Batman Inc era pre-N52
>>
>>77815082
I couldn't tell you for certain because I dropped the thing like 5 issues in and only skimmed the rest of the thing via storytimes.

Pretty sure I remember him at some point though.
>>
>>77815082
He was.
Thread replies: 111
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.