[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: nobodie's favorite >boring personality >lame,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 94
Thread images: 14
File: DC_Cyborg.jpg (39 KB, 357x600) Image search: [Google]
DC_Cyborg.jpg
39 KB, 357x600
ITT:
nobodie's favorite

>boring personality
>lame, gaudy design
>no memorable villains or story arcs
>wasted potential of powers
>token black character
>>
Who's Nobodie?
>>
I'll eat my own dick if that movie ever sees the light of day.
>>
>>77786823
The guy Damian killed
>>
Literally Geoff John's favorite. So much that he made him a funding member of the JL.

Seems like you're the nobody, OP.
>>
File: Nobody.png (152 KB, 479x359) Image search: [Google]
Nobody.png
152 KB, 479x359
>>77786823
>>
Out of all the fucking Titans to get a fucking promotion why Cyborg?

His backstory is the shittiest out of the 5. In fact, i'm under the impression DC hates Raven with the same intensity as they hate Martian Manhunter
>>
>>77786806
I like him.

He just need a blue on that armor tho.
>>
>>77786806
Which Cyborg is the "real" Cyborg?
>>
>>77786911
They needed a black guy on the JL
>>
>>77786911
He's their most well known black guy after Jon Stewart
>>
>>77786938
Literally the only reason he's being "pushed".
>>
>>77786859
Over his husbando Hal? Fat chances.

>>77786915
You might like him, but at some point there's nothing for you to do with it other than TT reruns where he still played second banana and trying to catch glimpses of him in group shots on old comics.

>>77786911
>>77786938
John Jones wasn't black enough I guess.
>>
>>77786806
So fucking angry that motherfucker replaced J'onn that after I hot the Justice League box set as a gift, I went out of my way to find a Martian Manhunter fig to replace him.
>>
>>77786806
>boring personality
>lame, gaudy design

Wrong

>no memorable villains or story arcs
>wasted potential of powers
>token black character

Because writers don't attempt enough
>>
>>77787016
>John Jones wasn't black enough I guess.
Martian Manhunter is a green man anon
>>
>>77787520
He's transnegroid you shitlord.
>>
>>77787498
Do you actually read comics or do you only remember cool jock from the cartoons? Comic Cyborg has always been and will keep being a complete waste of ink and pen.
>>
>>77787498

Senpai the only villain Cyborg has is Brother Blood and he's a discount Count Vertigo who is 10x more menacing
>>
>>77787498
Obviously any character CAN be cool with the right attention.

But where do you even START with a character like Cyborg?
>>
File: Mr Nobody.jpg (138 KB, 500x520) Image search: [Google]
Mr Nobody.jpg
138 KB, 500x520
>>77786823
The only politician you can trust.

Nobody for President!
>>
>>77787498
Are you seriously trying to tell me that design in OP isn't fucking horrendous?
>>
>>77787766
He has the same basic motif of Robocop, and it worked really well for that one
I don't see any problem with the basis of the character
>>
>>lame, gaudy design
Never had a problem with Black Mega Man, myself. That time he was solid gold, though. Damn.

>>77787498
If the writers didn't try hard enough over the course of 35 years, you have to wonder how hard they're going to try in the future. Cyborg has had like, 4 storylines all his own. The coolest he ever got was Flashpoint. And that was a world where everything went horribly wrong. Part of the problem is that he's affiliated with the Teen Titans, so his character and motivations where folded into whichever direction the group was headed in at the time. Which, for at least 10 years, was nowhere cool or interesting.
>>
>>77787993
Oh great so he's just a poor man's Robocop then.

That is so interesting.
>>
File: 1406707831906[1].png (102 KB, 500x510) Image search: [Google]
1406707831906[1].png
102 KB, 500x510
All of you stop your bitching and hit those showers.
>>
>>77786998

I wish they had picked a character like Vixen or Black Lightning that are mostly blank slates but also not viewed as part of a team already...
>>
Isn't it sad that TTG Cyborg is literally the best Cyborg?
>>
>>77786806
in what way is his outfit gaudy? if anything it could DO with a bit of gaudiness. whatever else the animated series fucked up about him (everything), the armor was awesome. imagine it drawn by non-lazy animators, with those translucent bits..
>>
File: yesssss.jpg (49 KB, 441x408) Image search: [Google]
yesssss.jpg
49 KB, 441x408
>>77788387
>Black Lightnin
>DC in charge of names
>>
>>77787725

In terms of the comic blood is more a raven villain.
>>
>>77786911
wha? his backstory is awesome. his own parents tunguska'd him
>>
>black character in comic
>he has electric powers or great with technology
>he's also super boring
>>
>>77787636
kinda like Icon
>>
>>77788422

...How? No seriously? What kind of connection does Raven have to the Hive academy?

Raven barely has her own villains all she has is her dad and to a lesser extent Slade who is an obvious Batman villain above all else.
>>
>>77788477
I've always felt like Raven should be folded into the bat-family. she has the bird theming and the whole darkness angle.
though i realize it's already glutted, I disown two-thirds of it.
>>
>>77788499

Batman like the remainder of the Justice Legaues, INCLUDING WONDER WOMAN think of nothing less of calling Raven "A demon with a power cap"

And since of course Batman is in charge of the League he tells his fucking Robin to look out for her

WHERE WAS THE LEAGUE WHERE TRIGON BURNED THE WORLD?!
>>
>>77788590
I imagine shaking their heads that the TT didn't deal with that sulfide skank later DEUS VULT.
>>
File: Cyborg Smiles.png (1 MB, 1280x760) Image search: [Google]
Cyborg Smiles.png
1 MB, 1280x760
>>77788339

Did somebody say showers?
>>
>>77786806
My nephew fucking loves Cyborg. He loves all the Teen Titans but like, when he's pretending to play as them he starts with Cyborg (then cycles thru all the superheroes he knows).
He's just fascinated by him.
>>
>>77787766
In one of these threads /co/ brainstormed up the idea that Cyborg runs a support group/halfway house for people injured by or coming into superpowers and various other comic book shit.
>>
>>77791095
Is your nephew black? Genuinely curious.
>>
>>77791292
White as fuck.
His mom is half-Native American but she doesn't look it and his father is white.
I'm brown though.
>>
Cyborg is popular enough to be put into a cartoon twice. Along with Raven so I guess they are not nobodies.
>>
>>77786911
Robin was a sidekick and will never be a JL member.

Starfire brings nothing to the table.

Beast boy is hella lame and is, against all logic, the WEAKEST animal power based person around.

Raven has ill defined magic powers, and would be probably the weakest magic based heroine on the team. And...canonically she is a rape baby. She also has a long well known history or raping people. Like, shit she rapes a lot of random people. Not just the metaphorical mind and spirit rape..like physically raping people.

Cyborg is a tech guy and black plus is well known and liked among the kids and geek as fuck adults who grew up watching the superfriends.
So...yeah.

As for his costume being stupid, yeah. It's fucking stupid and he should have some of that brother eye stuff hooked up and look almost techno organic by now.
>>
Give me one reason to like her
>>
>>77786806
Plenty of people would call him "their favorite." All of these people only know him from Teen Titans
>>
>>77791826
I don't think you're supposed to.
>>
>>77786806
>>boring personality
Not since booyah
>>lame, gaudy design
Not since the early 00s
>>no memorable villains or story arcs
Doesn't matter, in the early 00s Teen Titans became some of the most identifiable heroes among the young kids of that generation just like X-Men were for us older people
>>wasted potential of powers
Ever play Injustice?
>>token black character
MCU has four of those now
>>
His memorable arcs are in Teen Titans, he is a team character.
>>
>>77786806
I liked him in Flashpoint where he called Superman friend. ;_;
>>
I honestly think they should ditch the brain in a robot body thing. It's lame.
Just have him be honestly interested in technology and relentlessly work on and upgrade his own body and technology

Make him look mostly human but can replace his arms with new tech

Also this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQT00ZSVzcg

The toy potential is off the charts.
>>
>>77792800
Man, that narration really sold the intro.
>>
They want a black Iron Man.

But not Steel for some reason, who is literally just Black Iron Man with a big fucking hammer and a connection to his African-American "heritage" that isn't corny or offensive.

>inb4 they tried that in the 90's and it failed

So try it again. It can't be that hard.
>>
>>77792937
>So try it again. It can't be that hard.
Harder than convinced kids to like a character they already like since they grew up on cartoons with them
>>
>>77792937
>a connection to his African-American "heritage" that isn't corny or offensive.

What in gods name are you fucktarding on about?
>>
>>77792975

John Henry
>>
>>77787692
Not him but...
>Do you read comics?
>Proves he doesn't read comics by stating something that's 100% wrong.
>>
>>77792975
Ignore the namefag, he clearly hasn't read much Steel
>>
>Everyone hating on TT Cyborg

Why? Even if you don't like TT, he was a likeable characterization of a character most people don't care about
>>
>>77792956
Sorry that's not John Stewart.

Or Static.
>>
>>77793067
That's fucking stupid.
And if you look at the characters history and stories and think about it for two fucking seconds, you'd realize that outside of his name and him being black and him being a steel driving man who uses a fucking mace, he has fuck all to do with the john henry from the story. Hell the characters entire identity spits in the face of the moral of the John Henry story.
>>
>>77786938
They should use Mr. Terrific, he's cool as fuck
>>
>>77793203
You're nuts if you think John Stewart or Static reached the level of popularity of Teen Titans as a whole

Have you ever been in a TT thread on this board? They are autisitically obsessed, almost to Sonic levels. TT captured the minds of a whole generation of young weebs who previously would only watch a cartoon if it was on Toonami (and was Japanese)
>>
>>77793243
He's a flaming twink now.
He's also going to be the first exposure that the population is going to have of Mr.Terrific.
>>
>>77793487
I assume you're talking about the Arrow version. I'm just assuming because the Arrow version is straight gay.
>>
>>77793275
That's funny because I know there are some John Stewart fans who would swear up and down he is more popular than Cyborg.
>>
>>77791769
>Beast Boy
>weakest

That's wrong though. If anything, he's one of the strongest. Heck, he's one of the strongest Titans due to the fact that he can transform into literally anything he perceives as an animal. Name another animal based super that can turn into a dinosaur, a dragon, or even a fucking Elder God.
>>
Black Aqua Lad, i liked his character in Young Justice, I'm not aware if they went anywhere with him after that got cancelled, sure he was mostly a little too bland at time but they tried to give him to dimensions to his character. Also static shock hasn't been around for a while, doesn't have to be all ghetto hood shit, they could try something else with him and every other superhero with niggawatts for power
>>
>>77793857
They also think that he's DC's most popular character and that he just doesn't get the push he should because DC doesn't want him to be popular because reasons
>>
>>77791607

Three times he was in Super friends last season. The decent one.
>>
>>77788477

The original Blood was a mystical villain cult leader that tried to brainwash Raven to harness her power. The second one Johns turned into a leader of a cult that worshipped Trigon.

Raven villain.
>>
>>77793857
>some John Stewart fans
Ones from CBR? People who hate based King and Hal?
>>
>>77788230

More like Robert Cop is a poor man's Cyborg, seeing as how Vic was created almost a decade before.
>>
>>77787784

That's not his original design, and it's flopped, to boot.
>>
Of all the characters who have been on the Titans,Cyborg is the only one who should be on the Justice League because he had screwed up the least.
What D.C. comics should have done is have a story arc where Cyborg joins the JL instead of putting him on the team from the start.
>>
File: Perez - Cyborg.jpg (1 MB, 1921x1250) Image search: [Google]
Perez - Cyborg.jpg
1 MB, 1921x1250
Gawd, love this design.
>>
>>77795110
>What D.C. comics should have done is have a story arc where Cyborg joins the JL instead of putting him on the team from the start.
Did JL Origin not entail that?
>>
File: Perez-Cyborg.jpg (311 KB, 736x1119) Image search: [Google]
Perez-Cyborg.jpg
311 KB, 736x1119
>>
File: jonathan-gray-image-72.jpg (152 KB, 576x567) Image search: [Google]
jonathan-gray-image-72.jpg
152 KB, 576x567
>>
>>77795133
It looks like a cheap Iron Man suit. Nothing about that design says that those are actually parts of his body
>>
File: TOTT01.png (3 MB, 1039x1600) Image search: [Google]
TOTT01.png
3 MB, 1039x1600
>>77795156

You are out of your fucking mind, b8meister.
>>
>>77794594
Mmmhmm those guys.
>>
File: 4.png (66 KB, 1365x349) Image search: [Google]
4.png
66 KB, 1365x349
>>77795360
>Darkseid War tie-in
>Hal is on Justice League
>they expect tie-in to be about John
>mfw
>>
>>77795405
B-but the solicitation mentioned John Stewart in some capacity. I thought it meant the story would revolve around him naturally.
>>
>>77787725
>Senpai the only villain Cyborg has is Brother Blood
Deathstroke

>"LOL DEATHSTROKE ISNT A CYBORG VILLAIN"

In Injustice he's almost exclusively a Cyborg villain.
>>
I might be the minority here, but I think Cyborg looks better with a bulkier design. His current look, the one with human arms, is far too sleek. I get that he's supposed to be advanced, but personally I like the larger frame because it compliments the idea that he's not entirely human and thus has difficulty with certain things
>>
>>77796344
That has nothing to do with the comics.
>>
Grid is perhaps the only decent villain he's had in recent memory
>>
>>77796984
>Grid is the only villain he's had in recent memory.

FTFY
>>
File: 1437772526438.jpg (26 KB, 600x375) Image search: [Google]
1437772526438.jpg
26 KB, 600x375
Has no one read his ongoing? It's a good read, and its got THE METAL MEN
>>
>>77797138
I didn't really care for it desu.
>>
>>77797138
I think Cyborg and Red Tornado would make a pretty good team
>>
>>77796984
Grid is the only one he's been given so far. Walker is trying to give him shit, but there hasn't been one full arc yet.
Though having the Metal Men, Shazam, his father, his not-girlfriend, and a couple other scientists as a supporting cast/friends is pretty good for less than 10 issues focused on him total.
Thread replies: 94
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.