[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm pretty much new to DD, i'm currently reading Frank
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
I'm pretty much new to DD, i'm currently reading Frank Miller's run and i was wondering what should i read next ?

Also:Does Daredevil have a kill code ?From what i gather he looks pretty laid back about it, like he'll kill if he has too/spoiler]
>>
he doesn't like killing
>>
>>77779161
check out the Ann Nocenti run

Also Man Without Fear, Love and War, and Born Again are all written by Miller
>>
Bendis/Brubaker
>>
>>77779205

But he has killed.
>>
>>77781158

None of the Marvel heroes like killing but they will if they absoletely positively have to.

They don't take it to DC's level where you have guys like Batman who have this compulsion to make sure his foes never ever die even if it's their own fault he'd rather die himself that let the Joker not make it back to his cell for his 10th escape attempt that week.
>>
>>77779161
>i was wondering what should i read next ?
More Frank Miller comics. Elektra Assassin is a very logical comic to move onto next. After that try Martha Washington: Give me Liberty
>>
>>77779161
and then the mark waid run last, as it is most recent, but it was very good.
>>
File: punisher.jpg (96 KB, 400x640) Image search: [Google]
punisher.jpg
96 KB, 400x640
>>77781237
>None of the Marvel heroes like killing
>mfw
>>
>>77779161
Really every Miller and onwards run on Daredevil is worth reading outside of Diggle's run. He's probably the most consistently well written Marvel character
>>
>>77781415
Punisher is a psychopath with a code. He's not a hero.
>>
>>77781415

Punisher's status as a "hero" is questionable.
>>
>>77779161
Do you include Born Again? Because between his first run and Born Again Miller took a huge break and it's just something you can't skip if you like comics, just in general. Definitely read that.

Some people might suggest Ann Nocenti run, but I wouldn't if you are after grim dark street level shit. Nocenti's run is way too crazy. Just start with volume 2, volume 2 is quite amazing, because besides Kevin Smith and Diggle it's pure gold. And some people even like Kevin Smith's shit. Personally, I found David Mack's run not original, but enjoyable read and Bob Gale's run should've been elseworlds, but up until ending it was quite entertaining.

Also, Man Without Fear is a great mini-series and re-imagining of Daredevil' origin.

Daredevil Yellow is surprisingly okay despite Loeb.

Battlin' Jack Murdock is good, it tells us a story of Matt's dad which is an interesting side of Daredevil's origin. I mostly read it for the art, but it's enjoyable all the way through.

Waid's run hasn't been as fun after Ikari, that was highest point and it all went down hill from there.

Matt Murdock is a giant fucking walking contradiction.
>>
File: castle.jpg (194 KB, 492x750) Image search: [Google]
castle.jpg
194 KB, 492x750
>>77781496
>>77781606
>dismissing a war hero
Sure is unpatriotic in here
>>
File: Daredevil18112.jpg (253 KB, 650x983) Image search: [Google]
Daredevil18112.jpg
253 KB, 650x983
Daredevils entire struggle as a character is that he's a liar and a hypocrite who breaks his oaths. It's kind of his thing to be pushed past the breaking point and do things that are morally questionable
>>
>>77781158
You have never done something you do not like?

Or you autistic?
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.