[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does this movie have the best soundtrack of any animated movie?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 6
Does this movie have the best soundtrack of any animated movie?

Why is it so fucking great?
>>
Nah, Through Heaven's Eyes is fairly odd. Ruins the whole thing.

I'd take a lot of the Menken Disney movies over it
>>
>>77764603

nigga, fight me. Though Heavens Eyes is fucking boss

Though I can see why people would think it misplaced
>>
Deliver Us is such a powerful lead-off, really sets the tone perfectly. And I know When You Believe is Oscar-bait, but it still does give me chills combined with the visuals of the Exodus scene.
>>
Beauty and the Beast kicks its arse up and down the street
>>
>>77764737

I really love the kids singing towards the end

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gur8ccqrQ9c
>>
on the one hand, it's a shame that it wasn't made now, because if it were made now there would be so so so much smut of ramses and moses fucking

but if it were made now, it wouldn't be made now because bible.
>>
>>77764680
Yeah I don't know enough about musical theory and songwriting to really articulate what fucks me up about it but the lyrics just don't flow imo.
>>
>>77764563
No

Fantasia exists
>>
in all seriousness though, why do you think this movie isn't as cherished in the eyes of the public as other animated stuff from around that time?

I know people who frequent /co/ are likely to have seen it and like it, but it's not like normies feel the same way about this than they do about hercules, pocahontas, or mulan.

is it just too religious? or is it too dreamworks?
>>
>>77765009

little of both I think
>>
>>77765009
not necessarily too Dreamworks, just too not Disney
>>
>>77765009
Religious aspects mostly. It's also kinda serious and heavy for an animated film, which is jarring to normies.
>>
>>77765112
that's a good point. it's pretty different from their other stuff. you can kind of see some road to el dorado reflected in the relationship between moses and ramses and their visual style shows up a few times. but they've never really done the same thing with their other 2d stuff.
>>
>>77764563
BY THE POWER OF RA!
>>
File: 1429156957559.jpg (79 KB, 615x615) Image search: [Google]
1429156957559.jpg
79 KB, 615x615
>>77765163
YOU'RE PLAYING WITH THE BIG GOYS NOW!
>>
>>77764792
What are you talking about?

There's been two Christian movies of note that came out this year.

"The War Room" and "Wood Lawn."
>>
>>77764563
Shit this movie gives me all the feels. Any songs that corresponded to their relationship as brothers hits me hard, especially when I'm actually watching the movie.
>>
>>77765163
>>77765181
Worst song. Fite me.
>>
File: TDKR.jpg (408 KB, 1728x2183) Image search: [Google]
TDKR.jpg
408 KB, 1728x2183
GOAT soundtrack, on par with the live action films, heroic and fit well with the action.
>>
>>77765316
music-wise or also including the animation? because there's some might fine moving pictures playing during that song
>>
>>77765200
That it wouldn't be made because it's not a movie about Christians, but about Jews... is my best guess.
>>
>>77765477
>that god snake eating those other snakes

biblical shit is great
>>
>>77765200
they're complete shit with tiny budgets
>>
File: Exodus2014Poster.jpg (17 KB, 220x327) Image search: [Google]
Exodus2014Poster.jpg
17 KB, 220x327
>>77765518
Exodus: Gods and Kings was made last year.

Before that Noah.
>>
File: Joseph_king_dreams.jpg (36 KB, 325x484) Image search: [Google]
Joseph_king_dreams.jpg
36 KB, 325x484
Is this any good?
>>
>>77765829
it's fine. not in the same league as prince of egypt.
>>
>>77765829
I like how they depict the bad grains eating the good grains.

It's such a hard notion to conceive but they show it off well.
>>
>>77765592
Noah was based.

That creation scene was dope.
>>
>No mention of best song
What is this amateur hour?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDtGfvc3WzY
>>
>>77766238
shivers every time
>>
>>77765009
It came out at an odd time, along with Road to El Dorado
>>
>>77765316
It's Steve Martin and Martin Short, done. Also, although it seems like a goofy song in a generally serious movie, the sequence is wonderfully off-putting and uncomfortable.
>>
>>77766007
Poor weird Aronofsky. Somehow most of the movie going public still can't wrap their head around his movies.

I love Pi with a passion.
>>
>>77766238
This thread got me listening to the soundtrack again immediately and I ended up posting Plagues to facebook because that is the most brother-focused song of the soundtrack, and thus my favorite overall.
>>
>>77765009
Everyone I've ever talked to about this movie loves it. It's just that non-disney animated movies don't stick in people's minds as much (probably because of merchandising). I think the same can be said of The Iron Giant or The Land Before Time.
>>
File: Evil Face in Clouds.jpg (27 KB, 500x292) Image search: [Google]
Evil Face in Clouds.jpg
27 KB, 500x292
>>77766307
>>77766669

SINCE YOU REFUSE TO FREE MY PEOPLE
ALL THROUGH THE LAND OF EYGPT...

If someone told me God was the villain of the movie, and presented that song as evidence, I would believe them.
>>
>>77764603
You're fucking insane, Through Heaven's Eyes is the best song in the entire movie.
>>
>>77765829
Prince of Egypt is the wrath of God. That is the mercy.
>>
>>77767003
He pretty much is either way, through all of the old testament he is rather cruel even to his most powerful believers.
>>
>>77764563
Akira.

You know it's Akira, so stop playing.
>>
>>77765592
Neither one of which was even remotely related to the Biblical accounts which was purportedly their source material.

Prince of Egypt wasn't perfect either, but for a fucking kid's cartoon, it sure was much better researched than two MAJOR, multi-million dollar Hollywood blockbusters.
>>
>>77766651
We couldn't wrap our minds around why he was injecting his own (quite insipid) fanfiction into a Bible story. We couldn't wrap our minds around the blatant Satanic messages in the plot. (Oh, the Watchers built the boat, they were the good guys, fallen angels are our friends!)

I really like a couple of Aronofsky's movies, like The Wrestler but the ending of Pi was just about the most artistically cowardly thing I've ever seen in any medium, film, paint, music, anything. Completely fucking chickenshit.

I can't wrap my mind around why you worship this guy and think everybody else just "doesn't understand" his great mind.

I understand it just fine, thanks.
>>
>>77767524
The fallen angels weren't good guys. They were fallen for a reason. The thing is that they regretted what they did and they were trying to seek redemption. And it's not exactly fanfiction, but it's based on apocryphal books of the religion.

The Watchers was another name for the Grigori, the angels who were cast down from heaven for mating with human women and creating the Nephelim. He changed it around tot hem helping the children of Cain but it's not like he's just pulling things out his ass with this.
>>
>>77767524
>We couldn't wrap our minds around the blatant Satanic messages in the plot. (Oh, the Watchers built the boat, they were the good guys, fallen angels are our friends!)

>People that don't know about the Heavenly Patriarchs and the time of Enoc actually think having fallen angles help humanity isn't in the bible.
>>
>>77768247
>the Heavenly Patriarchs and the time of Enoc actually think having fallen angles help humanity isn't in the bible.
>apocrypha
>in the bible
Lol. The bible mentions people having children with angels and birthing Giants, but nothing about them being our friends.
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.