[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tell me, Will it flop?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 155
Thread images: 11
File: batty-730x411.jpg (34 KB, 730x411) Image search: [Google]
batty-730x411.jpg
34 KB, 730x411
Tell me,
Will it flop?
>>
No.
>>
>>77752689
Fuckin how.

Its fucking impossible for this movie to not do Avengers numbers.
>>
No.
>>
It WILL.
>>
1-Avatar
2-Titanic
3-Batman v superman
4-Star wars the force awakens
5-Jurassic world
6-Avengers
7-fast and furious 7
8-Avengers age of ultron
9-Suicide Squad
10-Captain America Civil war
>>
>>77752689
I hope not, and I'm pretty sure that while it won't bring in Avengers level money, it'll do well.

I'm hoping it's good too, though I doubt it will be.
>>
>>77752748
>fast and furious 7
How did this even happen?
>>
>>77752689
No. 800m - 1b at least.

>>77752748
>9. Suicide Squad

You really think SS is going to make +1.4 billion?
>>
>>77752689
doesnt' matter, it will sell toys.

unless kids these days stopped playing with toys and tapping on their phones and ipads, there will be skinner-boxes apps.
>>
>>77752796

Paul Walker.
>>
>>77752689
No
>>
>>77752796
That actor who died?
>>
>>77752796
Paul Walker's last movie.
>>
>>77752689
Batman alone will make it sell like crazy. It's too big a name to not make that kind of money.

Whether or not it'll be actually good is another story.
>>
It has to be truly dreadful for it to flop.

However, this >>77752748 is pure delusion.
>>
>>77752748
Star Wars will probably beat Titanic and maybe Avatar.
>>
>>77752883
Ahahaha no
>>
>>77752898
Not Avatar, but Titanic might indeed be beaten.
>>
>>77752689
Yes, spectacularly so.
>>
>>77752898
Yes, quite easily. The first Star Wars was the highest grossing movie of all time when it first came out. Today, it's a still an insanely popular brand and easily hyped enough to achieve a number 1 or 2 spot.
>>
>>77752945
The first only made 700mil

Heck, even the dark knight rises has a higher box office than any star wars movie
>>
>>77752689
Worst case scenario for WB is critical failure. Right now, it could be worse than fant4stic and make its money back.
>>
>>77752980
you gotta adjust it for inflation you nincompoop
>>
File: IT'S HAPPENING.jpg (99 KB, 699x759) Image search: [Google]
IT'S HAPPENING.jpg
99 KB, 699x759
I'm from the future, ask me anything
>>
>>77752830
>>77752840
>>77752842
Paul Walker was always just "that dude from the racing movies". His death was so tragic because it happened around the holidays and he had a little girl. And Universal capitalized on that tragedy and made billions.

But DoJ will need to make at least a billion worldwide or WB will call it a failure like Sony did with TaSM 2.
>>
>>77752945
reminder that Disneys Frozen is the highest grossing animated movie of all time.
>>
>>77752980
>only 700m
>in the fucking 70's
>>
>>77753044
How well does the Wonder Woman film do?
>>
>>77753044
Will I ever find true love?
>>
>>77753050
No, Snow White is the highest when you adjust inflation. Why does it matter to this topic though?
>>
>>77753044
Why do kids love the taste of cinnamon toasts?
>>
>>77753044
>March 24, 2015

answer that future man
>>
Unless it gutted by critics it'll be "okay" at the very least
But normies I know already hate it, they are saying saying DC is stuck at serious mode
>>
>>77753004
Muh inflation
>>
>>77752689
It will
>>
>>77753126
yeah economics are dumb who cares about that lel
>>
>>77753126

Yes retard. Tickets weren't always $10+
>>
it will probaly make a profit, but the movie itself will be average at best
>>
File: Not So Funny NOW, is it, Jim.jpg (33 KB, 620x451) Image search: [Google]
Not So Funny NOW, is it, Jim.jpg
33 KB, 620x451
>>77752689
Not a chance.
It's gonna be another Zack Snyder Shitfest that DESERVES to flop but this movie is actually too big to fail.
>>
It won't flop, but it's not going to do the huge numbers everybody expects it to
>>
>>77752689
It's gonna break two billion
>>
>>77753207
Nope.
>>
>>77752898
It's already broken world records and it hasn't even come out yet anon.
>>
>>77753271
I doubt it'll reach Avatar, maybe close to Titanic but not enough. The thing is, a lot of the people who are going to watch it are Star Wars fans, and while there's a lot of them, its not everyone.
>>
>>77752689
Flop as in not make money?
No.
Flop as in not make their money back in theatres or through DVD/Blu-ray/streaming sales within 5 years?
You bet your ass.
This movie looks weak, FEELS awful, and seems like it is yet another try hard wish it was deep bomb that just..no one is going to want to take their kids family or date to see.

>>77752806
Yeah, those dark knight and mos toys flew off teh shelf didn't they. Remember all of those people wearing those man of steel shir.. oh yeah. Those were captain america and ironic flash shirts.
>>
>>77753260
You're right, it will do 3 billion.
>>
>>77753271
Word of mouth is very important.
Avatar and Titanic were so popular that it became a phenomenal at the time.
If the movie is bad then people won't go to see it.
>>
>>77753047
WB is going to fucking kill Ben Affleck IRL to make money.
We need to warn him.
>>
>>77753126
You're dumb and your shit's all retarded.
>>
>>77753195
>First Batman since the last Nolan trilogy, which made billions
>First time Batman and Superman are in the same film on the big screen
>They're fighting
>Wonder Woman is in it
>Fucking badass Aquaman

It's going to be a visual masterpiece, I can tell you that right now. Snyder is one of the best, if not the best, when it comes to visuals in the movies. He's going to make killer trailers, which he has already shown, and its going to drag people in.
>>
>>77753435
Nah, they'll whack Leto.
>>
>>77752689
I doubt it
I actually think this could end up being one of the top cape movies
>>
>>77753445
>Aquaman
I'd watch movie anyway, but Aquaman is why my hype is off the charts.
>>
>>77753114
TELL ME CHILD. YOU WILL SHARE YOUR EARTH SECRETS ABOUT THE CINNAMON TOASTS. WHY DO YOU ENJOY THEM?
>>
>>77752945
>>77753271
The problem is Avatar had staying power, It didn't open at number 1 but it stayed with in the top 5 for weeks. It had the lowest box office drop between weeks.

Star Wars as was said is popular everyone who wants to go see it will see it withing the first week, the drop off numbers will be big. It'll do well easily the highest grossing film this year, and set a bunch of records, but it won't top the other 2. The numbers don't add up.
>>
>>77753406
Man, you are working overtime for those Marvel checks aren't you, Marvelkek?
>>
>>77752806
Not true.
Kids these days are BORED with phone games and it's the adults who're falling for the gambling type phone apps.

They still play with toys and if given an even slightly meaty gaming experience or fun toys that will engage their imagination and can play with other children they'll quickly forget the mobile devices and go running.

>>77753050
You're forgetting how much money and advertising went into it. It's honestly a joke of a movie and is less iconic and memorable then hello kitty and gives off serious lez vibes.
>>
>>77753406
>kids wont go see Batman fighting Superman
get the fuck out of here. I bet there's even videos of kids reacting to the trailer and they're excited. There's one video of a kid watching the first flight scene in MoS and he was having the time of his life.
>>
>>77753474
MoS and DK bombed with kids and children just don't like the live action movies. Hell the mommies didn't like the movies either and they're the ones who'll buy the crap toys for the little kids.
Worse, the fathers didn't want their kids thinking any of the shit in either movies were okay either.
They are not feel good family movies and they have underlying messages and treatments of them that parents do not like.
And the movies do not create the kind of hype that makes people want to wear their shwag.
>>
It won't flop, but people will think its meh.
>>
>>77752689
pretty sure it will succeed financially. I don't know if it meet WB's expectations but I'm willing to bet it will make a profit.

I just hope it doesn't suck.
>>
>>77753575
He keked hard for the money, so hard for the money.
>>
File: BatmanvSupermanPosters-1024x758.jpg (252 KB, 1024x758) Image search: [Google]
BatmanvSupermanPosters-1024x758.jpg
252 KB, 1024x758
>>77753575
>implying I don't want to get these t-shirts
>>
If that $410 million dollar budget rumor is true, it has quite a bit to accomplish to not be considered a flop.
>>
>>77752689
Superman's penis?

Even in non-erect state, I reckon it's still dense enough not to flop around. and just hang down like the heavy piece of meat it is.
>>
File: 1445323647364.jpg (69 KB, 712x750) Image search: [Google]
1445323647364.jpg
69 KB, 712x750
Flop?
No fucking way, that's impossible.

Do you mean will it flop, critically speaking?
Maybe. If I had to put money on it, I'd say this will get 70-75% on RT, probably average C- or 3.5 stars or whatever fucking rating system you go by.
>>
>>77753670
It's a Zack Snyder film, so it is very possible.

>tfw the trailers are awesome but the movie is completely average.

And the sad thing is, we keep falling for this shit every time.
>>
I'm predicting it'll make 700m, while making 450m opening weekend
>>
>>77753657
I hate those kinda shirts.
The ones with a big ass, colorful picture of a character's face or Hell, their entire body, just square in the middle of the shirt. They scream "Target men's department".

I'm a sucker for minimalism.
>>
It's Batman in a suit of armour. There's no way it'll flop, it might not reach WB's expectations but that and flopping are two very different things.
>>
>>77753707
The issue with Snyder's films is more with the writing than the directing. If most of the shit Goyer wrote was dismissed then it could be good.
>>
>>77753782
I pray that shit is sorted out then due to the rewrites.
>>
>>77752689
With Batman AND Superman's names on it? No fucking way. It'll probably make more than Civil War, not to start a company war or anything.
>>
>>77752689
as long as something muslim related doesn't happen, which causes affleck to speak his mind about muslims. then movie might do well.

pretty sure DC is telling ben to shut the fuck up about anything political.
then again he already got paid for doing movie and doesn't care.
>>
Gotham is airing a sneak peek at BvS on Monday.
https://twitter.com/Gotham/status/670317022396354561

Do you think they'll do that 'Superman-focused trailer on Supergirl and Batman-focused trailer on Gotham'-thing rumored a few weeks ago?
>>
>>77753950
>Doctor Leslie Thompkins
Hawt.
>>
>>77752689
who ever wins, we lose.
>>
>>77752689
It will return its investment.

It won't do Marvel-tier numbers, and the studios will think it disappointing. Like Man of Murder.

It's also probably going to get made fun of a lot.
>>
>>77753950

why would you want them to waste a superman trailer like that?
>>
>>77752689
It should. DC is shit and everyone knows it.
>>
>>77754098

>It's also probably going to get made fun of a lot.

Yeah, it's not like anyone ever cracks wise about Marvel at all or anything either.
>>
>>77753473
>easily the highest grossing film this year

Would it count for 2015 or 2016? It releases this year, but only for a couple weeks before January.
>>
>>77753950
Why? Gotham is a trainwreck and Supergirl is only getting views because some people jacked/jilled off to the lead heroines nude scenes.
What gives?
Is it because they're on a major network.
>>
File: The Talent co Endlessly Defends.png (2 MB, 1610x2226) Image search: [Google]
The Talent co Endlessly Defends.png
2 MB, 1610x2226
>>77752689
It will be a terrible fucking movie. Zack Snyder is a hack and literally never made a good movie, he's only good at making trailers and you idiots are getting suckered in again.

But no, it is impossible for this to flop. It's literally the first time Batman and Superman have met in the cinema. Normies are gonna jerk off to it for a month on facebook.
>>
>>77752689
What exactly is your thought process when deciding to make this thread, OP?
>>
>>77753066
Adjusted worldwide gross for Star Wars is $2, 475, 862, 333.33. Avatar's adjusted worldwide gross is $3, 004, 107, 037.04

Though of course, that doesn't account for the fact that more people can go to watch films, and the fact that ticket prices can rise higher than inflation. If we were to look as well for number of tickets sold, Star Wars could have more of an edge.
>>
>>77753445
>It's going to be a visual masterpiece
Never change /co/
>>
>>77754300
b8ing people.
>>
>>77754280
this
>>
>>77754247
>Why? Gotham is a trainwreck

It's an extremely popular trainwreck.
>>
I prefer DC, my favorite character is Superman, etc. Not seeing this movie.

Man of Steel was garbage and even though Goyer is gone, Snyder is still there.
>>
>>77754280
>Zack Snyder is a hack and literally never made a good movie
Are you incapable of independent thought or do you just think what /co/ and RT tell you to think?
>>
>>77752713
No Batman movie has ever made Avengers numbers.

The Avengers movies are on $1.5 and $1.4 billion respectively; much of that is possibly due to the presence of Iron Man, whose last movie made $1.2 billion; but it's equally possible that his movie made that much because he was in the Avengers movie that immediately preceded it.

Adjusted to 2015, the last two and very first Batman movies made $1.1 (TDK), $1.1 (DKR) and $0.8 billion. Most of the others didn't even make half what the first made; the best gross among those is Forever, which is about 0.5 billion today.

The best Superman gross of all time was the first; the second best was Superman II, which probably just beats out Man of Steel's gross (worldwide figures aren't properly available for some movies that far back, but it's known to have done very well). Again, adjusted those are about $1.1 billion versus a couple of $670 millions.

It's important to understand that you can't just add the two best grosses of a franchise together and get your target: that's stupid. It's what FOX did with AvP, and it overlooks the fact that when you have two franchises targeting the same audience, most of them aren't going to pay to see the crossover twice unless it's shit-hot. It can't just be doing something that hasn't happened before: it has to be something done well. At this stage, there's no way to know how well they've done it.

The reason Avengers movies do better than their constituents is that they are aimed at different demos - Thor is chick-flicks, Cap is a little bit cerebral, Iron Man is more soft-authoritarian. Put them all together and you have a much larger audience (but still not just adding their grosses together, because there is still crossover in those demos).

The difference between an Avengers crossover and any Batman or Superman movie to date is the gross of a very successful mid-tier budget movie. It's a non-trivial sum and not something WB are just expecting to get back.
>>
File: Fucking Bullshit.gif (1 MB, 300x220) Image search: [Google]
Fucking Bullshit.gif
1 MB, 300x220
>>77753657
>go to the gym 4 to 5 times a week
>there are more people wearing MoS S shirts than regular S shirts for the last year
>mfw
My autistic side wants to ask them if they genuinely liked that movie
>>
>>77754373
Yeah people can't have same opinions amirite?
>>
>>77754401
No, they bought them because movie is well-received and popular with critics.
>>
File: This Nigga.jpg (25 KB, 600x210) Image search: [Google]
This Nigga.jpg
25 KB, 600x210
>>77754373
>if you don't agree with my personal opinions, you are not capable of independent thoughts
MoSfag pls
>>
>>77754399
One superhero vs 12?

Dark knight rises underperformed because of the shooting

Also no 3d release
>>
>>77754412
Not when you use the exact same verbiage and post a picture of RT scores.
>>
>>77754415
>56% and certified rotten is well-received with critics
what
>>
>>77754373
>Are you incapable of independent thought or do you just think what /co/ and RT tell you to think?
So.....are you not a part of /co/?
Because plenty of people here love Snyder. No clue why personally, and they're entitled to that, but acting like only one side can be a hivemind with no free will is fucking stupid.
>>
>>77754442
90% or it sucks.
>>
>>77754458
It's very clear he has no opinion on the movies, I would say a dead giveaway is the fact that he's using other people's opinions to support his argument. He's not saying "this is why I dislike his movies, and these people have the same opinion", he's saying "his movies are shit, their opinions prove it"
>>
Well I don't think it will flop I think it will be somewhat underwhelming.

The main reason why is because it will end up having both batman and snapman uniting to fight a common foe well civil war which will come out around the same time and have the heroes doing each other in.

Also it's a sequel to man of steel and directed by zack snyder.

I can see this being the lowest rated film on rotten tomatoes to make over a billion dollars.
>>
>>77754211
No, more.

Batman fighting Superman in an Iron Man suit is retarded and most people will be happy to mock it. Most people on the other hand legit enjoy the avengers.
>>
File: Capture.jpg (57 KB, 756x357) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
57 KB, 756x357
>>77754523
>I can see this being the lowest rated film on rotten tomatoes to make over a billion dollars.
It's amazing how desperate /co/ is to hate this movie for the dumbest reasons.
>>
It won't flop. It WILL "underperform", but only because Hollywood Studios in general WB in particular have incredibly unrealistic standards for box office sales.
It will make its money back, (the budget isn't too ridiculous from what I've heard) if not right away than via home sales. It will get sequels or whatever.

Here though? It will simultaneously be the best movie ever made, a complete pinnacle of human civilization, an epic masterpiece the likes of which will never be seen again, and the biggest bomb to explode since Hiroshima. It will be wonderful and terrible because you're all a bunch of idiots that have to go to one extreme or another.
>>
It'll probably make a profit and then some but I doubt it will be a "good" movie. It'll probably be a 7/10 at best, most likely a 6.
>>
>>77753047
>But DoJ will need to make at least a billion worldwide or WB will call it a failure like Sony did with TaSM 2.

They won't just call it one, it will literally be one.

To get Snyder to direct MoS they agreed to give him 10% of the gross at the level it reached. It's a lot more than even RDJ is getting to appear as Iron Man afaik.

It means that if they do make a billion even on BvS, they're going to be paying $100m to Snyder straight off the bat, $500m is lost to the distribution chain, and their marketing and budget have to be paid from the rest. Given they spent $225m on MoS and this likely cost 12% more (since it is to all intents and purposes a sequel, with a larger headline cast to boot, and the increase between the Batman movies under Nolan was also around 12%, which will likely be the business case they try to follow), that's a $250m budget plus marketing, which is going to easily push it over $300m.

Say it's $325m all in, that leaves them with $75m (assuming nobody else has a deal like Snyder's). Seems like it's a 23% return on investment over 3 years, right? There's accountants crying over that, though, because it's a shitty return for tying that amount of capital up over that space of time. You could do better with an average lucky streak on the markets.

Plus there's no guarantee that it's going to make that kind of money. There never is. Green Lantern was probably projected to make half a billion or so; it didn't even cover costs. If it makes "just" $800 million, yes the distribution cost comes down (because that's only ever going to be around half the ticket price and half the total gross in consequence), but that also takes them into the red when they've paid off Snyder's $80m and their own $325. Of course, higher grosses may mean even more of the gross to Snyder/Affleck/whoever, so even those aren't necessarily a guarantee of success.
>>
>>77754599
Yeah, just like in the comics when he did that. I'm not really seeing the problem here, m8.
>>
>mfw some people actually think this movie isn't going to make every dollar on the planet
>>
>>77754607
Do people actually watch the transformers films?

I tried watching them and I literally can't tell what I'm seeing.
>>
>>77754492
Okay, well, personally I find his movies to be a great example of style over substance. They're cool looking and memetic as hell (Dudebros still quote 300) but hardly as deep or complex as the hivemind here makes them out to be.

And I think the relevant movie was kind of a trainwreck, and while a little over halfof that is due to an incompetent writer, the cinematography was nothing to write home about either, and there's far too much effort expended in crafting a head canon version of the film that's the Citizen Kane of capeshit.

But hey, that just makes me a shill for Marvel. And plenty have said that means i'm incapable of independent thought too.

....I just want /v/ to leave.
>>
>>77754722
The latest one made a billion dollars. I find it pathetically sad when marveldrones throw out box office numbers like it's an indicator of quality when a franchise like that makes an easy billion when it's constantly mocked by everyone.
>>
>>77754426
Dark Knight Rises didn't underperform because of the shooting. It underperformed because it was crap.

The shooting happened on the Friday; if the movie was going to underperform because of that, we would expect that whole weekend to take a dive, but it didn't. In fact, the DKR adjusted opening weekend was only about 3% down on TDK's own opener. The reason the gross dropped in the US after that was because fewer people wanted to go see it than with the previous movie. There was no notable depression in ticket sales for theaters as a whole in any part of the 3 months following the shooting that would indicate people suddenly mysteriously believed they would get shot at the movies. Indeed, the multiple shootings in movie theaters this year probably haven't hurt ticket sales other than to those theaters where they occurred.

The lack of a 3D release didn't hurt it either; it had those IMAX releases to artificially bump up the price, but it just wasn't worth it.

>One superhero vs 12?

I explained that, you just didn't understand it.
>>
>>77754761
It's still more a metric of quality than smug reaction faces and calling everyone a drone.
The discourse was lowered by both sides. Accept some goddamn culpability like a grown up already.
>>
File: image.gif (2 MB, 256x192) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
2 MB, 256x192
>>77754399
>Suicide watch
You reek of desperation.
>>
>>77754761
why are you even in a thread about big-budget movie box office grosses if you're concerned about quality

did you lose your way
>>
>>77754607
It cause so many of these faggots came here in 2011 because of the Marvel movies and now they are so far in denial they just want to lash out at anything better.

It's really quite funny. I watch both, most of Marvels movies are shit but a few are good. Marveldrones can't admit any of them are shit.
>>
>>77754807
I'm just explaining complex numbers in a simple way, anon. I'm not spinning anything.
>>
>>77754813
I'm trying to understand why 4chan is so obsessed with box office numbers.
>>
>>77754846
It's pretty desperate that you'd sit here and type all that out in hopes of shitting on a movie that hasn't been released yet.

Like I hope you are getting paid cause if not you may wanna reevaluate your definition of happiness.
>>
>>77754784
So really, what in gods name made them think dong MoS as a terrible tonal copy of TDK a good idea?
No, I'm fucking serious.
It makes no fucking sense what so ever. I can only imagine that it's litterally a NUTS RUNNING THE NUT FACTORY kind of deal.
>>
>>77754851
>>77754868
What do you gain from defending a movie that isn't out yet?
What do any of us gain from this misshapen aborted fetus of a train wreck of a thread?
I would sooner re-read Machino Henmaru's Holes daily than have to put up with these fucking capeshit movie defense/attack squad console war threads

You're both awful. There are no winners here. There are only losers. There will only ever be losers.
>>
>>77754891
David Goyer wrote a treatment while he was making TDKR. He pitched it to Nolan, who then pitched it to WB. That's how it happened.
>>
>>77754915
What do you gain from shitting on a movie that isn't out yet?

/co/ is a lost cause. It's overrun with company wars, and not just any company wars, but movie company wars. The people who post in these threads likely have never picked up a comic in their life, but go to such lengths to shit on the other side for simply being different from what they like, incapable of liking multiple products. It's worse than /v/ ever was.
>>
>>77754813
Quality isn't an objective thing when it comes to making money in the box office.
Quality when it comes to film buffs and quality when it comes to what puts people's asses in the seats are two wholly different things and rarely do they coincide.

Snyder specializes in creating the kind of short trailers that wow people. Most notably stupid fucking suits who live in la la land and ignorant movie goers.
Problem is, it's a one trick kinda deal. Dude can't make a coherent movie out of that and the last time he was left totally to his own devices he create a loud pretty yet deeply stupid movie called sucker punch.
He's not Bay.
He doesn't have the skill to put people in the seats AND entertain them while making a coherent movie or can pick or choose the right scripts and writers.
He needs to be paired with a good DAMNED good action writer and someone who'll breathe down his neck and tell him NO THAT SHIT IS BAD.
As it stands, this movie is a 100% clusterfuck in the making and everyone knows it. They're all DESPERATELY hoping they can get enough people to like the cast and some ideas they are spitballing so they will go see it.

>>77754355
I doubt that. Links?
>>
>>77754999
>What do you gain from shitting on a movie that isn't out yet?
It is only because of your glorious galaxy express trips that I'm going to respond and point out that I didn't shit on any movie and you probably need a > there.

Frankly the only reason I'm even here is because I'm waiting for story times and hitting F5 on other tabs, because some of us actually read comics. I'll pirate all these flavor of the minute movies (maybe, eventually) and (hopefully) like them all much more because I wasn't waiting in line for tickets or whining about how they'll be the best/worst thing since cave paintings.
>>
Reminder that this film is now the most expensive film ever made.
>>
>>77755110
Is it?
Why?
>>
>>77755032
He doesn't have free reign with this movie, what the fuck are you talking about? He wrote and directed Sucker Punch with no studio interference because they wanted to keep him around.

The studio pushed out Goyer, who was the biggest problem with MoS and brought in Ben Affleck and Chris Terrio to rewrite the movie and the script has gotten nothing but praise from everyone involved. If you think the movie sounds like a clusterfuck then that's just your personal bias showing through.
>>
>>77755110
>>77755124

That's a rumor until proven otherwise, m8.
>>
What's amazing about this thread is that a movie "flipping" isn't a mark of its quality yet the people here are so ill-read and gourged on shit and obsessed with their team winning that they don't recognize that.

Will BvS flop? Who gives a shit. Blade Runner flopped and that movie is awesome. The Iron Giant didn't do well in sales either. MGM thought the Wizard of Oz was a disappointment. It's a Wonderful Life was such a financial failure that its studio didn't hold onto the rights. Which is why it gets parodied and replayed every year and is now one of the most famous films ever made.

When its in company of movies like that, fuck yeah! Let's hope it does flop!
>>
>>77755147
Yes, stupid. That's my point.
Sucker punch is Snyder left to his own devices and it shows what kind of talent he has and why he's a giant fuck up unless he has someone there to keep him in line and give HIM good direction

Secondly they are still using goyers fucking script and it's a sequel to the shit movie in question anyway.
Simply saying they got rid of goyer and his script and treatment changes fuck all.

Look at the fucking tone of the movie and what's being said and done.

IT'S THE SAME GODDAMNED SHIT!
>>
>>77755211
It's because the fans of these movies need validation for liking this garbage and they're not articulate enough to actually critique film, so they just go to RT or Box Office Mojo to tell them what to think.
>>
>>77755211
Movie isn't going to flop just because of the Superman and Batman names.
But it quite certainly won't be an amazing film. You can absolutely thank Goyer and Snyder for that. It'll be Batman ft Superman, with Special Guest: Wonder Woman, and they will all very likely be written awful and out of character save for Batman, who'll be an "edgy badass"
>>
>>77755299
waste of dubs
>>
>>77755299
Then why are you bringing it up? He doesn't have free reign with these movies, he has the new head of WB and Affleck breathing down his neck.

>Simply saying they got rid of goyer and his script and treatment changes fuck all.

It changes everything. Goyer can't write dialogue to save his life, which was by far the biggest issue with Man of Steel. They brought in a writer fresh off an Oscar win to rewrite it.
>>
>>77755390
The biggest issue with the man of steel was the overall plot and story.
Them changing HOW it's said doesn't change the fact that what they are saying is fucking stupid.
And the new head of WB means fuck all cause he's just another suit. And if Affleck wanted this to not suck then he should have probably called in some favors from decent comic writers or at least that fat cock sucker kevin smith.
I honestly hope this movie doesn't suck and is at least entertaining. But I honestly think this will be a massive disaster.

>>77755211
Blade Runner is okay at best.
Iron Giant is at best mediocre
It's A Wonderful Life is kinda shit.
The later is only considered good because it's played a lot and is known by everyone.
Seriously, the crippled faggot gets away with fucking everyones shit up by stealing that money and his brother just MYSTERIOUSLY appears when he needs help at the end?
It's kinda stupid.
>>
>>77755390
>Then why are you bringing it up?
Not that anon but the chain of logic is really really simple.
If someone says Snyder, as a creative force, is shit, then Sucker Punch is the best thing to look at because it's 100% him. You can't say "Oh, the script was the problem, that wasn't Snyder!" or "Oh, the source material was bad! There's just no way to do it!" It's all Snyder. There's nothing to hide behind.

For Goyer that movie is Blade Trinity. For Snyder, it's Sucker Punch.

Also the dialogue was bad but the characterization was worse. And the movie relies on its structure to hide a lot of its problems with the latter. And there's no proper denouement.

Yeah, Terrio is fresh off an Oscar (a highly politicized incestuous award prone to cliques and self-aggrandizement, just look at Best Animated Picture) but like...what else has Terrio done? All anyone ever mentions is the one movie.
Personally, I'd rather a writer with a bunch of okay movies to his name than a writer with one acclaimed one that isn't even remotely in the same genre.
>>
>>77754851
People only care about box office and reviews when the numbers are on THEIR side

>It doesn't matter how much money AoU made, it's still a shit movie!
>HAHAHAHA LOOK HOW HARD FANTASTIC FOUR IS BOMBING! I TOLD YOU IT WOULD SUCK!
>>
>>77754228
it counts when it's released.
if you were born in December 1990 your birthday would't be 1991
>>
>>77755536
>Blade Runner is okay at best.
>Iron Giant is at best mediocre
>It's A Wonderful Life is kinda shit.

Seriously fucking leave.
>>
>>77755536
>The biggest issue with the man of steel was the overall plot and story.
No it wasn't. The overall plot was your typical Superman origin. The biggest problem was that Goyer can't write a script for shit.
>>
>>77754784
>The lack of a 3D release didn't hurt it either

Most countries only have one or 2 IMAX, while every city in the world has at least 1 3d screen, don't be retarded 3d is huge among kids.
>>
>>77755571
>what else has Terrio done? All anyone ever mentions is the one movie.

This was the first movie he was hired to do after Argo. Remember, BvS has been in development for 2 and a half years now and he was also hired to write both JL movies, so he's just been busy with that. The script has also been highly praised by just about everyone, Jesse Eisenberg won't shut the fuck up about him in every interview he does.
>>
>>77754784
>Dark Knight Rises
>underperformed

Yes, of course, a film with a billion dollar box office is a flop! (Except for every Marvel film that didn't have Robert Downey Jr. in it, those were still blockbuster hits.)
>>
>>77752689
It'll do more than Fant4stic, that's for certain
>>
>>77755945
So the guy has one credit to his name and people that are acting in the movie and both literally and obviously have a vested interest in the movie succeeding say he's great and the man for the job. We can take that to the bank, because why would an actor say something bad about a movie or film franchise they're acting in and getting paid for?

Meeting the movie with even 5% skepticism is totally though.

Fuck you /co/, I've been to /v/ and even they're not this bad.
>>
>>77752689
No.

But it will barely pass 1 billion and Civil War will easily mop the floor with it critically and box-office wise.
>>
>>77755536
>Blade Runner is okay at best.
>Iron Giant is at best mediocre
>It's A Wonderful Life is kinda shit.

Every movie pales in comparison to works of art like Thor 2 The Dark World, I'm sure.
>>
>>77756002
>because why would an actor say something bad about a movie or film franchise they're acting in and getting paid for?

I guess you don't know anything about Jesse Eisenberg. He's a literal sperg, he has no problems shit talking a movie he's about to be in.
>>
>>77756037
You said "just about everyone". Not just Eisenberg.
>>
>>77756131
You said 'actor.' The only actor I mentioned by name was Eisenberg.
Thread replies: 155
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.