[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
c-can we talk about this? Sorry I'm late on the boat but
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 186
Thread images: 20
File: flash-season-2-costume.jpg (147 KB, 670x890) Image search: [Google]
flash-season-2-costume.jpg
147 KB, 670x890
c-can we talk about this?
Sorry I'm late on the boat but I just finished the first season on netflix

Is the second season good?
Or if y'all don't want to discuss, can I get the episode reaction image?
>>
Season 2 is pretty great, yes.
>>
The Hype Train keeps Hypin' and there hasn't been a disappointing episode since Season 2 started
>>
better even than season one
>>
Keep watching, OP. Season 2 has been GOAT so far.
>>
>>77739014
Watch it OP it getting really good.
>>
File: Flash Zoom freefall.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Flash Zoom freefall.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>77739014
So, we all agree Zoom is the scariest live action capeshit villain, right?
>>
>>77739991

His beatdown of Barry was pretty goddamn horrifying.
>>
File: sweat.png (142 KB, 415x367) Image search: [Google]
sweat.png
142 KB, 415x367
>>77740321
>dat crunch
>>
I'm in the same boat as OP, just started first season, 6 episodes in... was pretty dissapointed, and wanted to drop the series, but all the positive vibe around second season keeps me going
>>
File: Flash_Season_1.webm (1 MB, 977x733) Image search: [Google]
Flash_Season_1.webm
1 MB, 977x733
Now that you finished it OP, is this accurate?

Also, yes, season 2 has been nothing but pure amazing.
>>
>>77740383
season 1 gets better with every ep, tho, so keep watching.
>>
>>77740383

Only about half of the episodes are actually worth a shit

The rest are bad guy of the week shit and have Barry jobbing like a motherfucker to some of the weakest villains imaginable. I know if I was that fast I wouldn't be lying on the ground bleeding like a wuss all the time
>>
>>77739991
I like how this beat down was so diffrent from when he fought Eobard, you c I old tell RF didn't actually want to hurt Flash, but Zoom....Zoom fucking hates him, beat the shit out of him before parading his body around the city for everyone to see, it was pretty disturbing.
>>
>>77740404
Ok
>>77740462
yeah, the monster of day formula really makes it kind of too formulaic and dated by default... atleast the actors are getting better each episode
>>
>>77740462
Careful, we got a badass over here.
>>
>>77740507

No man I'm serious. YOU can't deny this shit

>Poison gas metahuman turns into poison gas
>Barry can't run away faster than gas man and gets poisoned and almost dies
>Weather guy makes a tornado
>Barry isn't fast enough to run into the center of the tornado and punch him in the jaw or something
>Barry fights a guy who turns into sand
>isn't fast enough to land a punch before he transforms to sand mode
>>
http://strawpoll.me/5931109/

Remember guys, if we guess right by the time of the reveal, I'm buying everybody a tpb of their choice. I'm also keeping track in notepad in case it gets hijacked.
>>
>>77740598
Those were all explained in-universe.

There's been jobbing before, but none of what you posted is.
>>
>>77740643
>all explained in-universe.

With stupid fucking reasons such as LITERALLY Barry didn't believe in himself and couldn't go fast because he had doubts

It sucks, quit pretending that it doesn't
>>
>>77740673
Because that kind of stuff never happens in real life right? athletes don't get mental problems that fuck up the way they preform, soldiers don't get ptsd after something traumatic. What a perfect world we live in.
>>
File: 1418197417817.gif (2 MB, 400x226) Image search: [Google]
1418197417817.gif
2 MB, 400x226
>>77740744
>real life

The Flash is not a show about real life
>>
>>77740744
Not to mention he was only the flash for like, 3 days. Same idiots that bitch about man of steel and how supes didn't try moving the fight out of the city, despite him being superman for a day and fighting trained soldiers in his first fucking fight.
>>
File: 1442528959426.jpg (183 KB, 1124x1024) Image search: [Google]
1442528959426.jpg
183 KB, 1124x1024
>>77740598
>>Poison gas metahuman turns into poison gas
>>Barry can't run away faster than gas man and gets poisoned and almost dies
One of the first guys he fought and had no idea what he could do and tried fighting him in a c
small enclosed area. Also by the end of that episode he was prepared and easily out ran him.
>>Weather guy makes a tornado
>>Barry isn't fast enough to run into the center of the tornado and punch him in the jaw or something
Literally the first guy Berry fights, and everyone but Wells was unsure he could run that fast.
>>Barry fights a guy who turns into sand
>>isn't fast enough to land a punch before he transforms to sand mode
You mean the same guy who had been fighting Jay for years right? The guy that Berry and Flash had to use a ranged attack against because he was so used to fighting a speedster.

You know all of this is fiction, right?
>>
>>77740770
No way, really? I thought Flash was a documentary about a guy who runs fast, I didn't think it was a work of fiction that uses emblished experiences from life to tell a story on a weekly basis. The more you know I guess.
>>
>>77740815
>You know all of this is fiction, right?

Even fiction ought to operate with some level of consistency
>>
>>77741026
>wanting consistency in capeshit
But, no, really, did you read the rest of my post? All of that was pretty consistent all things considered. It's not like Flash is going to go full Kingdom Come and just be a blur everywhere in the city at once by episode 6, that would be dumb and boring.
>>
This show was really mediocre. The cast sucks outside of Thawne and Joe West, the episode the Trap sucked, the millennials are awful, the finale was anti-climatic, every episode had the same exact fucking formula. Show wasn't bad, but boy was it really CW-y and disappointing
>>
>>77739014
Season 2's a'ight. It improves on the Iris aspect but the earlier episodes are only on par at best, with the earlier Flash episodes. It's kinda weird actually, that they've lost their stride and have to get back into it. It's worth watching especially if you loved season 1, though I wouldn't recommend it as the season to start with.
>>
>>77741145
To be fair, some parts did break suspension of disbelief or just boggles the mind with the seeming improbability of it. I still enjoy the show though and forgive its plot holes, but take the Dr. Light fight for instance.

>Barry: Guys, I can't get close without her shooting me.
>Barry: Even though I'm running at speeds so fast, that I could run from behind a pillar to in front of a train, right in front of her and she didn't even notice.
Barry: Also, I just realized, the distance between the pillar and train is shorter than the distance between her and me.
>Harry: Try running in a zig zag Barry!
>Barry: What, like dodge her?
>Harry: No, that's stupid. Run in a zig zag until you create speed mirages.
>Barry zig zags but Dr. Light uses an AOE.
>Barry: Guys, she used an AOE, I still can't get close.
>Jay: Zig Zag HARDER Barry. Believe in yourself. Yamato damashii!
>Flash zig zags. Dr. Light does NOT use AOE for... some reason. Then Flash shoves/punches the girl into a pillar with an audible KLANK! Knocking her out.

Again, I like the show. But season 2 seems pretty weak insofar as how they take down villains. I realize that "run up and punch them before they can even blink" isn't compelling TV. It's one of the things I'm willing to forgive whenever Captain Cold appears. But still, that Light fight in particular was rough on the suspension of disbelief.
>>
>>77739014
No spoiler, OP. Just a taste of what to look forward to:
Earth-2
>>
>>77740398
The slide show is too fast. But not fast enough to stop Zoom.
>>
File: zoom bullets.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
zoom bullets.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>
File: zoom bait.jpg (107 KB, 720x404) Image search: [Google]
zoom bait.jpg
107 KB, 720x404
>>77741179
>>
>>77739014
If you liked the first season, why would you need to ask if the second season is good. It's not like some sort of major god damn life decision. Just watch it and decide after a few episodes.
>>
>>77739014
It didn't have the greatest first episode, but it has improved a lot since then.
>>
>>77741988
what did I say that was wrong? It's not terrible, it's just underwhelming, formulaic, and mediocre.
>>
>>77740598
Barry let himself be poisoned in his first encounter with Nimbus so that he could take a sample to S.T.A.R., Barry needed to undo the tornado and punching out Mardon wouldn't have made it disappear, and Sand Demon doesn't turn into sand, he's made of it and is always effectively unpunchable.
>>
>>77741874
I like the fact that you didn't use the obvious BEES as your example, and you are very right, the Dr Light bit was halariously bad.
>>77741945
10/10 post
>>
>>77742199
>Barry needed to undo the tornado and punching out Mardon wouldn't have made it disappear

What? Why not? He's the one generating it. This is just some excuse the show made up, like they do in every fight, because realistically Barry should win EVERY fight he gets into because he can move and react faster than anyone else even thinks and obviously faster than anyone can act

It's always some bullshit excuse for why he can't simply run fast and save the day, like he ought to. We get a superhuman who has speed powers, and the show keeps telling us he can't use it right now
>>
>>77741874
yeah i agree. i was ok with barry being kinda dumb about his powers originally because he was still learning, but in this season there is no excuse
>>
File: 39193718.gif (725 KB, 245x172) Image search: [Google]
39193718.gif
725 KB, 245x172
>>77740357
>tfw "I can't feel my legs."
>>
Love it.
>>
File: Steve Baxi at it again!.png (61 KB, 607x329) Image search: [Google]
Steve Baxi at it again!.png
61 KB, 607x329
>>77739014
How can you watch the Flash when shows like Jessica Jones are around?
>>
>>77743958
Haha, who is this contrarian shithead?
>>
File: image.png (73 KB, 278x200) Image search: [Google]
image.png
73 KB, 278x200
>>77743958

This again?
>>
>>77743966
Someone who knows true suffering! Jessica Jones had a really rough life compared to Barry!
>>
>>77743966
Steve Baxi was an unkown until he went on the Geekvolution Youtube channel! Now he's part of a weekly live show and several discussion videos. He's a huge Whedon fanboy and always seems pretentious.
>>
File: zoom evil.jpg (2 MB, 3976x3056) Image search: [Google]
zoom evil.jpg
2 MB, 3976x3056
>>77744232
>>
>>77739014
Every single fucking time.

If you haven't been watching both Arrow and Flash together in the proper chronological order, you might as well kill yourself.
>>
>>77744736
It's always messed up that someone who hates you for who you'll become messes with a past version of you. Young Barry didn't even realize that this was partially his fault.
>>
File: image.jpg (42 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
42 KB, 1280x720
>>77744232
>actual drama
>"actual"
>>
>>77744776
But anon, Steve Baxi has truly superior taste!
>>
>>77744232
But Barry is a baby and that's what I love. A youthful outlook is so refreshing after ~3 decades of "superheroes are serious guys".
>>
>>77744814

There's no shame in enjoying I, Zombie, it's probably the one comic TV show that doesn't go full retard when it comes to relationships.

But Supergirl? Really?
>>
>>77744767
I can't get past the Huntress episodes in Arrow season 1. I caught Barry's episode though.
>>
>>77744883

That's where I dropped Arrow originally as it was airing. I gave it another shot after everyone was freaking the fuck out over the S1 finale and it was worth sticking it out in my opinion.
>>
>>77739014
I dont know, Season 2 hasnt come out yet.

Punisher looks hype though.
>>
>>77744878
Yeah, I should have stated that IZombie is pretty great. I don't really get how one can like Supergirl and not Flash? They're both light and campy shows but Flash actually does it better. Especailly with the villians.
>>
>>77743958

Lmao
>>
>>77744851
That's how I see it too!
>>
>>77745315

Supergirl just needs to find it's footing. It's getting closer at least. I really hope they don't cancel it just as it finds it...
>>
>>77745595
I thought the Livewire episode was alright!
>>
I hope Grodd will eventually speak full sentences.
>>
Arrow season 4 really stepped up their game
>>
>>77744883
I don't blame you. That's the lowest point of season 1 but it gets better.
>>
>>77740462
>The rest are bad guy of the week shit and have Barry jobbing like a motherfucker to some of the weakest villains imaginable

Just like the comics
>>
>>77744232

I don't get this. When Barry was boy he saw his mother killed by something he couldn't explain and with nobody belueving him about it his entire life, but instead of crumbling he got into forensic science to at least prove his father wasn't to blame. Jess got raped, and that is horrible, but she broke and became an alcoholic
>>
>>77747093
Steve is full of crap. Nothing new there.
>>
>>77747093
Different power dynamics at work there.

Barry was a helpless kid that saw something happen that he couldn't do anything about. It filled him with a purpose - to prove what happened and free his father.

Jessica was someone with power, actual superpower to defeat any threat she faced. Until someone came along that made that power meaningless and turned her into a victim.

Barry gained resolve, Jessica had hers damaged. But that doesn't mean anyone should give a shit what this literally who says because the two shows are different in tone and shouldn't be held against each other.
>>
Someone told me the white guy that plays Firestorm looks exactly Francis Manapul's Superboy. I can't fucking un-see it now.
>>
I love the flash but one thing that annoys me is how berry pretty much needs help a lot of the time.

Like can Barry discover his abilities and learn how to use them on enemies/ to get out of trouble without someone showing him step by step?
>>
>>77748423
>Like can Barry discover his abilities and learn how to use them on enemies/ to get out of trouble without someone showing him step by step?
You have to take in account that, while smart, Barry is still a forensic scientist and not a Physicist. So even if he wants to try a speed trick he still has to ask someone else HOW to perform it.

>Barry: Cisco, how fast to I need to go?
>Cisco: You need to go fast, Barry.
>Caitlin: Are you crazy!? He can't go that fast!
>Wells: Yes, he can, if he believe he can go fast. Run, Barry, run.
>>
I'd say so.
>>
>>77739014
Second Season is pretty good. I think it will transcend to great one we get to the midseason finale because ROGUES!!!
>>
>>77741979
Why didn't no one edit the bullets in this with bait?
>>
>>77752537
If you came up with such a great idea:
Why didn't you?
>>
New crossover preview from New Zealand;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfV3WGbSIFI

Wish the crossovers just focused on Barry and Oliver's relationship instead of having to add all the unnecessary baggage Oliver brings with him. What the fuck are Diggle and Laurel going to do against Vandal Savage.
>>
>>77753420
wheres the baby promo
>>
File: 1330659725348.jpg (37 KB, 400x345) Image search: [Google]
1330659725348.jpg
37 KB, 400x345
>>77740398
>this is a thing that exists
>>
>>77747328
All that means is that Barry is able to overcome adversity better than Jessica is.

For example, some people who are gay and get bullied in school and kill themselves. Some people who are gay and get bullied in schools roll with the punches and don't eve think they ever felt adversity. It doesn't mean things aren't shitty for the people who can't handle it, but it certainly doesn't mean that the person who handled it well suffered less.
>>
File: 1447808530559.jpg (433 KB, 929x521) Image search: [Google]
1447808530559.jpg
433 KB, 929x521
>Barry was only in the wheelchair for one scene
god damn

>>77740398
>season 2 has been nothing but pure amazing.
It's been good, "purely amazing" is a little too much.
>>
>>77747328
>Jessica was someone with power, actual superpower to defeat any threat she faced. Until someone came along that made that power meaningless and turned her into a victim.
so was Barry until Zoom shattered his spine but he managed to bounce back in a week
>>
>>77744736
Erasing Barry's childhood buddy from existence was horrifying to say the least. A monster that constantly fucks up your life and you don't even realize it's presence.
>>
>>77753860

Yeah the season premiere and the Grodd episodes were a little disappointing, but everything else has been very good.
>>
Starts off a bit slow but gets good

Grodd looks fantastic
>>
>>77740398
needs an explosion at the end
>>
>>77741179
I agree.
>>
>>77741179
Don't forget guest stars like Wentworth Miller, Dominic Purcell and Mark Hamill.
>>
>>77741179
Not EVERY episode. A good chunk of them yes, but I could easily name quite a few that don't follow the usual formula.
>>
>>77746982
I sure hope so. I'm midway through S3 and woah boy, what a shitshow.
>>
>>77742127

You're completely right. Not to mention the subplots that ultimately lead to no real payoff, or consist of silted dialogue and interactions with bad acting that build to half-baked character development ("you can do it!" -> "nah" -> "you could" -> "yeah, probably"). Still can't get over horrible Jay was.
>>
>>77756070
Oh yeah, the guest starts were great. Wentworth was another high point for sure, and Mark Hamill's episode was very enjoyable.
>>77756099
No, yeah, for sure, but the season may have suffered from being TOO long. It got really stale to me really quickly, and Cisco and Kaitlyn were terrible. I hated Grant Gustin until the last episode where he finally sold me, but unfortunately, the actual finale was really disappointing.

The other thing is, the Atom and Firestorm episodes also blew. And that team up fight against Thawne? Fuck, that was rushed as hell.

I love the Flash and he's had soooo many good runs over the years, both Barry and Wally, and I finally watched this show at the behest of /co/ and while it wasn't bad, it wasn't what I had hoped a Flash show to do.

I do admire them for not pulling their punches on the comic shit though; Season 2 having Gorilla City, Zoom, and Jay Garrick is very cool, I just don't think it's worth watching.
>>
>>77756454

I really liked Cisco. His actor can sell dramatic scenes better than Gustin can.
>>
>>77756426
They do such a great job of building up Thawne, to absolutely no pay off.
He has the Every Man, for some reason, go into the room with the hologram Reverse Flash and replicate everything he said to Cisco in the alternate reality, despite in the very next episode not being aware of Cisco having dreams of an alternate reality. It was literally a ham fisted excuse to create drama and suspense for the audience. Since Thawne knew what they were doing, why even bother sending the Every Man in there. As he held his hand up toward Cisco to shred his heart, what if Joe didn't shoot him? What would have happened??? It was so fucking stupid.

Then we get this lame, brief team up fight, and then when we start finding out about Thawne after all the teasing, his motives for hating Barry are, "it doesn't matter now." Fuck yes it does, this is one of the few times in this exposition heavy show that exposition would be useful. Thawne got less and less interesting as the series dwindled, which is really unfortunate, and is of no fault of Tom Cavagnah, who was great. And the way he died? Barry didn't overcome this guy at all. That's not in the least bit satisfying.
>>
>>77756562
That's true, I agree with that, but the thing is, Cisco's dramatic scenes were very few, every other scene in the series that he's in he's like some kind of Big Bang Theory character wearing meme shirts and spouting pseudo techno babble.
>>
>>77756562
>>77756621

The sub plot involving his powers was terrible and that was dramatic.
>>
>>77747328
This man is fucking correct
>>
>>77756667

What was terrible about it? He doesn't like the fact that he owes his powers to Wellsobard and is absolutely terrified about using them or what they could lead to as a result.
>>
>>77756710
Is this a season 2 thing? They mention his powers in the last episode of 1, but I assume it's delved into more in the second season?(I just finished the first season.)
>>
>>77741874
I came to this thread to post about that
he is fast enough to catch bullets, but not fast enough to punch a girl before she can lifts her arm
>>
>>77756743

Right, his powers are basically set off by coming into contact with people or stuff from alternate dimensions, so he's been having a rough time with all the E2 meta villains running around.
>>
>>77756710

His dilemma was "what if I began like Welles?" despite shining examples of heroism and the fear is too irrational and unfounded. The resolution is him getting told how stupid that is and replying with "yep, I should've told you guys." That's it.
>>
>>77756318
s3 is fucking terrible but parts are pretty crucial, maybe just read a synopsis?
>>
>>77756919

I only jumped into watching Arrow again about 4 episodes into S4, after dropping the show shortly after the mid-season finale of S3, and yeah a synopsis or just paying attention to the exposition in the show will get you what you need to know.
>>
>>77746982

Shill please go
>>
>>77756593
>and then when we start finding out about Thawne after all the teasing, his motives for hating Barry are, "it doesn't matter now." Fuck yes it does, this is one of the few times in this exposition heavy show that exposition would be useful.
i feel like they're definitely going to touch upon this in s2. despite being dead, thawne is still a looming and ever present figure on the show. and i would be shocked if we didn't see at the least an e2 version of him.
>>
>>77756919

>Parts are really crucial

Really? The entire premise of the season was Sara's death and that got overturned this season by throwing her into a hot tub, so essentially the season was entirely meaningless.

>I'll have Thea kill Sara so that Oliver goes and fights Ra'as knowing full well he'll get his ass kicked.
>Malcolm used to be Ra'as 2nd in command but neglected to train Ollie the first time and it was only after he'd gotten a sword through him that he realized maybe it would have been a good idea to ask for help first.

The guys who wrote season 3 of Arrow must have been tripping on acid hard.
>>
>>77756454
Wentworth Miller is having so much fun being a supervillian.
>>
>>77756454
I agree that it doesn't need to be 23 episodes, but hey that's on the network.
>>
>>77739991
> Have Flash Day celebration
> A few days later your hero is dragged around town like a trophy kill.
Goddamn that was amazing and heartbreaking. I wonder how the people of Central felt about that. I love how affectionate they are to the Flash.
>>
>>77757173

The big takeaway from Season 3 is that magic is real and it's strong as fuck. This will be important when they find the Lazarus Pit underneath Lian-Yu.
>>
>>77759814

After all the metahuman criminals they had to deal with, I'm sure they really liked having at least one guy who chose to use his powers to be a public hero and not rob banks or murder people.

Hmm, I wonder how many Central City citizens developed superpowers and then just went around living a normal life?
>>
>>77759814
i hope we see some reactions in episodes to come to that whole thing. it was such a huge deal in that episode but they didn't mention it at all in episode 7. not even patty was freaking out to barry or joe about how zoom fucking wrecked flash
>>
>>77760770
I hope the city holds some kind of "Flash support" event. They were so nice to him on Flash Day it reminded me of when Raimi Spider-Man got the key to the city. Maybe we'll get some moment of the citizens defending Flash in front of Zoom.
>>
>>77761076
>>77760770
>>77759814
I hope the Rogues episode this midseason finale is partially about Captain Cold trying to make feel Barry better without directly stating so. Like, the Rogues attack Central City and Flash saves the day by defeating this gang of supervillians. Thus the citizens of Central City feel safe again.
>>
>>77761305
i would be ok with this.

it's gonna suck that he likely won't show up on flash the rest of the season cause of LOT though
>>
>>77761642
Legends of Tomorrow is set and airing during a "break" from Flash. Pretty sure he'll be showing up with the same frequency since Legends is over.
>>
>>77761763
it's confirmed for 16 episodes. it's not a short few episode mini, it's going to be going until april
>>
>>77761925
Oh damn my bad. I thought it was like Agent Carter and would be done pretty quick.
>>
>>77742254
Not the BEES!
>>
>>77745798
I hope Grodd will return to Earth-1, now with his army of gorillas, riding on pterodactyls to commit piracy (in order to get chemicals for some evil scheme).
>>
>>77762066
That episode was so bad I was laughing the whole time, I just couldn't take that seriously man
>>
goddamn, flash is just too fun
>>
>>77761925
Wait holy shit so we're going to have Arrow, Flash and Legends of Tomorrow all at the same time in the spring? That's awesome. I thought it was just supposed to be like a month long thing.
>>
>>77739014
It's as good as the first, shame you didn't get to experience the talkback threads for the first season with the rest of us.
>>
>>77762173
just one thing to say about it hella fuckin fun
>>
>>77762154

It was really stupid, but once you accepted that it was a fun kind of stupid.

>that complete bullshit hacker battle
>she's too good! I'll have to use TWO KEYBOARDS AT ONCE!
>>
>>77741145
>by episode 6
15 actually, that's when he went back in time and therefore made every act that followed jobber tier.
>>
>>77762335
lmao yeah just turn your brain off imo

>>77762357
>he actually hates fun
>>
>>77739014
Who is Zoom? Is he an original character in the show?
>>
>>77762255
shit yeah homie. I'm excited now that I know it's going to be more than just a mini event thing.
>>
>>77762468
Yas queen yas

can't wait to see who the felicity of this show is!
>>
>>77762409
>he thinks jobbers are fun
>>>/kindergarten/
>>
>>77762593
We're gonna be getting some weird as fuck sexual tension with the Hawks, no doubt.
>>
>>77762620
>>77762593
Hell now that I think about it, their drama about being together or not is actually perfect for a CW show.
>>
>>77762620

Did you read Johns' Hawkman and the JSA issues around the same time? Kendra and Carter had some vaguely-creepy sexual tension for a bit in the comics too, until he starts to (legitimately) win her over.
>>
>>77762665
FUCK I'm literally preemptively squeeing over here
>>
>>77762746

Yeah at first Hawkman is ticked off that Kendra doesn't immediately fall for him like with every other incarnation of the couple, but likes the challenge of having to actually woo her and Johns treats it in a pretty even-handed way for both sides of the relationship.
>>
>>77762881
That's like, legit fun and progressive. I don't read comics but damn. Such a sexist industry is evolving
>>
/co/ help me. I've watched about 4 episodes of Arrow and I found it unbearable. Meanwhile, I've only seen 1 (recent) episode of Agents of Shield and I actually really liked it. Which show should I actually watch?
>>
>>77763068
Flash.

ok fine real answer Constantine
>>
>>77763137
Already caught up on Flash. And didn't Constantine get cancelled?
>>
>>77763137

That's a weird way of spelling I, Zombie.
>>
>>77763068
None. Go watch a real show like Sopranos, the Wire, man men, deadwood, justified, homeland...the list goes on!

Leave these pandering shows behind.
>>
>>77763165
that is a show i watch and would also recommend
>>
>>77739991
This was especially great thanks to the "It's brilliant! Barry's leveling the playing field! Oh wait, no, it turns out that fall time wasn't nearly enough to do anything and now he's fucked."
>>
they never explain why Wells was half-paralitic
>>
>>77765110

He got fucked up by losing his connection to the Speed Force, but he wasn't actually paralyzed and was playing it to deflect suspicion off of himself further.
>>
>>77762335
Watching a keyboard explode into sparks from hacking will never get old. The only other better example of amazing hacking skills was from Hackerman, in Kung Fury.
>>
>>77762357
>dislikes jobbing
Sorry you feel that way bro, but if caped heroes never jobbed their comics would be really boring and the cartoons / shows wouldn't be any better.
>>
>>77756562
That scene that ends in Eobard killing him is the best thing in the whole show
>>
>>77763241
>Homeland
>not pandering
>>
>>77763241
I'll watch both kinds of shows, thank you very much.
>>
>>77763478
If I remember correctly Barry said the powers just made people more of who they are. If someone was always average and uninteresting then I think they got even more so.
>>
>>77743958
Because Jessica Jones doesn't have Vibe
>>
File: Seriously, why not both?.jpg (55 KB, 625x430) Image search: [Google]
Seriously, why not both?.jpg
55 KB, 625x430
>>77763241
Tom, c'mon!
>>
>>77765858
And the Rogues!
>>
Caitlin is my waifu
>>
>>77762457
There's a Zoom in the comics but he's pretty much a completely different character.
>>
>>77763241
you had me until you got to homeland.
>>
>>77744232
>Google Jessica Jones
>Article from an SJW about how it's revolutionary because of heteronormative sex blah blah blah
>>
>>77744232
>Muh Rape is worse than murder
I hate these faggots.
>>
>>77768178
I'd rather be killed than raped, to be honest.
>>
>>77768187
It's a person to person thing. There are a lot of people who have been raped who aren't effected by it much at all. Personally I would hate to be raped but it is far better than being killed.
>>
>>77768187
>>77768195
Individually people may consider it differently but personally I view murder as the ultimate crime. You can hurt someone, and place mental obstacles they have to overcome to continue living normally, with rape. But they CAN be overcome. You can get better. You can control who gets to know about it and who needs to know about it, and in doing so you gain control over your life. You can rebuild.

You can't come back from death. It destroys your entire potential, and you can't stop anyone from learning you've been killed/are dead. Absolutely everything is taken away from someone when they die, and to force someone to die, is to steal everything they had. Rape may take away freedom and safety, but it can pass. Murder has no cure.
>>
>>77744232

But just last week they were all in love with Flash because it subverted toxic masculinity with Barry...
>>
>>77770113
twink barry is an abomination
>>
>>77740398
I still think that the bees episode should have that reaction. It doesn't deserve it.
>>
>>77753829
>>77754147

it's not a competition idiots, way to miss his point
>>
>>77770113
How so? Didn't watch the Grodd episode yet.
>>
>>77768178
>super strong chick
>mind controlled and forced to do biddings of crazy purple man
>he rapes me and forces me to kill

Stop trying to compare the two, they're completely different from each other.
>>
Introducing the multiverse. and a villain who's idenity is supposed to be a mystery has really muddied the waters of the show. Season lacks any real sense of direction at the moment. That's before you add the fact they had to do shit like the Firestorm episode so LoT could get off the ground. I've got faith they'll go into the the midseason break with a bang but it has definitely been disappointing so far.
>>
>>77770441
he was just fucking around on the set, also lmao it looks like your joke got deleted

hug[_]
>>
>>77739991
I found Killgrave to be scarier. Because he kills so casually. Zoom even while being described as pure evil, didn't kill anyone yet
>>
>>77770545
only because the portal saved jay and cisco saved barry, he intended to kill both
>>
>>77747328
Not to mention that Jessica is an orphan and her family's accident is an indirect result of her powers.
>>
>>77770559
and we dont even know if he hasnt killed anyone, nothing yet has been shown of zooms history
>>
>>77768133
>oh wow an opinion piece from someone on a show that was released recently

>I guess I'll just write off the show cause I don't like this opinion piece since it analyses the show from a perspective I'm not comfortable with.

why the fuck do you faggots let how other people interpret stuff affect you so much?
>>
>>77770559
Intent means nothing. Ultron intended to kill the whole world, and yet he was a still a quiptron in the end.
>>
>>77770445

There was an MTV article going around using shitty gifs talking about it.
>>
>>77770754
link
>>
>>77770850
http://www.mtv.com/news/2351589/the-flash-challenges-masculinity/

Honestly, I expected worse. They're just complimenting the fact Barry is sometimes vulnerable.
>>
>>77770901
He's a human; of course he is sometimes vulnerable. What does that have to do with his sex to those sjws?
>>
>>77770910
They seem to think every lead male character conforms to the 80's Stallone/Schwarzenegger "gruff, stoic badass" trope.
>>
>>77770930
What the fuck.
Thread replies: 186
Thread images: 20

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.