[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Overrated pieces of crap
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: crap.jpg (626 KB, 832x1280) Image search: [Google]
crap.jpg
626 KB, 832x1280
ITT: Overrated pieces of crap
>>
>Troll threads
>>
>>77721649

Hahahahhahaha no.
>>
>>77721670
>>77721659
>screw the government man!!!
>omg they predicted society would be like this
Don't you guys have a wall street to be occupying
>>
>>77721691
if you actually read it, you would realize that the comic paints him in the wrong in the end

It's basically Catcher in the Rye. Edgelords like Holden but completely ignore the story.
>>
File: image.jpg (79 KB, 400x625) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
79 KB, 400x625
Dogshit run. Boring as fuck with some really good art from Epting/Guice.
>>
>>77721649
Couldn't get in to it, the art style makes me nauseous
>>
File: 1415263591409.png (120 KB, 707x487) Image search: [Google]
1415263591409.png
120 KB, 707x487
>>77721649
>>77721741
Nah, there is the message that society is fucked it's basically and shit but it's all we got, but it's still the usual Bush Era Rage Against the Machine politics that we see so often in comics.
It's still a very fun book, but edgy as fuck.
>>
>>77721923

you make me nauseous
>>
>>77721649
>ITT bad taste and bait
>>
Will we ever see spider in the new 52?
>>
>>77723289
He's Vertigo not DC, he was never a part of the main DC universe
>>
>>77722366
>there is the message that society is fucked

The message is standing against the higher power to do whats right. Don't keep quiet about atrocities that happen before your eyes.

And we get all of this from the last person we expect. A narcissistic, disgusting little man with the burden of knowledge who hates everything including himself.

It's also just Hunter S Thompson in the future. Makes sense given HST invented (or at least gave the most modern version) of Gonzo.

there's a lot to the comic which is why it's very popular.

you're more than welcome to disagree, but to not give credit where credit is due is silly.
>>
>>77723333
Well, John Constantine shows up on the DC universe all the freaking time.
>>
>>77723372
Are you retarded? He debuted in the DC universe in Swamp Thing. And Hellblazer started before Vertigo was founded. Transmetropolitan not only was created after Vertigo but if I recall correctly, it wasn't even originally Vertigo.
>>
>>77723372
Yes because he started out as a DC character, in Swamp Thing, before Vertigo became an imprint for the more mature DC titles as well as creator owned work like Transmet
>>
Scott Pilgrim.
And I say this as a fairly big Charles Burns fan but I always felt Black Hole was very over-rated, I'd hardly call it a "piece of crap", though.
>>
>>77724170
Yeah Black Hole was my first Burns comic and I really didn't like it or him, then I read X'Ed Out
>>
Everyone else has posted elaborations on their opinions, OP. Where's yours?
>>
>>77724256
I took a while to warm to it but the whole trilogy is fantastic. Always preferred his El Borbah and big Baby Baby stuff. Christ no wonder people accuse me of being a hipster....."yeah, but his early stuff was better...".
>>
>>77724416
Sorry meant "Big Baby"
>>
>>77721741
How fucking dare you. Spider Jerusalem did nothing wrong.
>>
>>77721649
Oh come on man.

Why can't Transmet be above this shit on what's popular and well liked garbage.

Leave it alone it's great and the fans aren't even obnoxious about it.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.