[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
It's over. Pixar is doomed.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4
It's over. Pixar is doomed.
>>
>>77715908

>RT

Also will someone spoil the damn fucking movie already? Or is everyone saying that 'is not bad' are actual shills?
>>
>Avergage 6.6
>82% percent

Is the 82% their own personal review or something?
>>
>>77715974
That's the percentage of reviews that were positive, not the average. If you want the average, go to Metacritic (current score there is 67).
>>
>>77715908
8+2

10/10 4 me
>>
File: [contemplative jazz music].gif (885 KB, 500x418) Image search: [Google]
[contemplative jazz music].gif
885 KB, 500x418
>all the bad Pixar movies (Cars, Cars 2, Brave, Monsters University) have been below 80%
>all the others have been above 90%
So... where does that leave this?
>>
>>77715941
If you must be lead by the hand, though might as well be leading you right back to RT anyway...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Good_Dinosaur
Eeyup, reading it doesn't make it seem that impressive
>>
>>77716083
Monsters U was better than this movie. Though I'm a weirdo who really loved Monsters U so take my opinion with a grain of salt.

It's definitely better than Brave or either Cars movie, probably Bug's Life too. It's a lower end Pixar movie but it's still good.
>>
>>77716094

>farmer dinosaurs
How the fuck does that work?
>>
File: 1448031439236.jpg (307 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1448031439236.jpg
307 KB, 1280x720
>>77716164
>Monsters U was better than this movie
>Liking Monsters U
Literally fucking why?
>>
>>77716083
Bug's Life was somewhere in the 80s too
So there I guess.
>>
>>77716637
cause the story and the "message" was actually applicable to real life and thats refreshing for a change
>>
>>77716637
oh no a dissenting opinion
>>
>>77716083
The only bad movie there is Cars 2, the others are just mediocre at the very worst, c'mon.
>>
>>77716637
I think the first two thirds are just "pretty good". Not outstanding but it's entertaining. That last third though is fucking amazing. from the reveal that Sulley cheated, to the brilliant final scare at the camp, to Mike and Sulley STILL getting expelled, to them having to work their way up to get to where they were in Inc. Genuinely one of the best climaxes in a Pixar movie, with one of the best and most relevant messages to boot. Shout out to the characters too, it had a really fun cast.

It's not top tier Pixar nor do I think it's as good as Inc, but it's still a great movie that I'm actually glad they made. I hope I can say the same for all the other sequels they're making now. Looking at you Finding Dory.
>>
File: kingbradleynotbad.jpg (38 KB, 625x445) Image search: [Google]
kingbradleynotbad.jpg
38 KB, 625x445
>>77716083

it's ok.
>>
Just saw the movie. Its...okay. I mean pretty as he'll but story was meh. I do like the Texan cattle ranger Trexs though
>>
>>77716637
The first two thirds aren't that good. The climax and the ending are nigh-on perfect.
>>
>>77715908
>Pixar is doomed

But in the summer they released a critically acclaimed movie that made nearly $1 billion.
>>
The movie looks like it would be so much better is the Dinosaurs didn't talk. Or if they used a good artstyle.
>>
Yeah, I was getting mediocre vibes from this one. The draw of Pixar is the creative premises their movies are based off of, and this is basically ice age with a dinosaur.
>>
>>77716744
Brave was pretty bad.
>>
>>77716008
Or read right below the percentage.

Average Rating: 6.6/10
>>
I just got done watching this movie.

The story and characters are pretty cliche. It's another Homeward Bound movie where the dinosaur has to find his way home with the help of an unlikely ally of the kid he comes across, all the while learning how to be strong and brave. It's been done.

The animation is great, but that's expected of Pixar at this point. I still enjoyed it, but I won't be rushing out to get it on DVD like I was with Inside Out.

Overall, I'd give it about a 7/10. It's in the lower mid-tier of Pixar films, probably around Brave's level. Still better than both Cars movies and Monsters University, at least.
>>
The production problem seems hurted this movie so much, just like Brave
>>
>>77719278
Cars is underrated because people have been annoyed by all the sequels and merchandise.
>>
>>77719278
I actually like cars and MU more than Brave
>>
>>77715974
82% is percent of positive reviews. Which turns out to make much more sense overall and is why RT scores are less retarded than ones on Metacritic.
>>
>>77715908
I actually liked it a lot more than inside out.
My only big problem was that the characters looked too cartoony compared to the realistic everything else
>>
>>77719666

Chill out satan

i liked them too
>>
>>77716637
Monsters Uni overall wasn't close to Inc, but Uni did one very important thing better: Mike Wazowski.

Mike in MU might be the most likable character Pixar's ever done. He's a hard worker, he plans, he fights for what he wants, and even when everything is against him he still goes that distance. Mike takes the shit thrown at him and makes it into something worthwhile. You watch him learn his limitations and overcome them by figuring ways around it.
>>
>>77716670
Bug's Life has a 92%, and a 95% from Top Critics.
>>
>>77715908
desu pixar may have repaired disney animation to the point where all the talent doesn't have to go to pixar anymore. its reason for existence is over.
>>
>>77715908
I would have loved this movie if they just removed all the characters.

Those backgrounds were gorgeous.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.