[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT : cartoon that changed so much
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 17
File: Adventure-Time-Wallpaper-HD.png (526 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
Adventure-Time-Wallpaper-HD.png
526 KB, 1600x900
>Season 1 of Adventure Time: ah sucks, Ice King is capturing princesses AGAIN??? Better go punch him to justice!!! hahaha this is MATHMATICAL!! *fart joke*
>Season 6 of Adventure Time: If just being born is the greatest act of creation, then... what are you supposed to do after that? Isn't everything that comes next sort of a disappointment? Slowly entropying until we deflate into a pile of mush?
>>
So it went from shit to pretentious shit?
>>
>episode 1:Hahahahahahaha magic fun hahahah got to keep it a secret I'm so weird my dad lives in his cool van
>episode 20:WAAAHH NO ONE TRULY LOVES ME AND I LIVE IN CONSTANT DANGER AND SADNESS HEY EVERYONE WHO OPENLY ADMITS THEY AREN'T MY FRIENDS, LOOK AT THE MAGIC PEOPLE WHO LIVE IN MY HOUSE, MY MOM IS DEAD WAAAAAH MY DAD IS HOMELESS

POPULAR OPINIONS ABOUT OUR SOCIETY
>>
>>77712146

I liked it a lot better when the post apocalyptic shit was only implied. Adventure Time's has a problem of over explaining itself. The writers aren't nearly good enough to handle nuanced storytelling so they end up beating you over the head with anything they thought was the least bit clever. Ultimately the more questions they answer about OOO and the characters pasts the less special the whole thing feels.
>>
>>77712220
Since when did Steven keep his magic a secret?
>>
>>77712220
Lol that Episode 1 description is completely wrong. Steven was a self-centered whiny piece of shit in the early episodes.
>>
>>77712146
In my opinion Steven Universe suffered this.
S1 was great and not so much social commentary expect maybe the Stevonnie episode. (the anxiety part).
When i saw the final i pray to god that shit don't carry S2.
Sadly i was wrong. The second season is the most commentary and "trying to appeal gays" so far. Also i feel all of the new episodes bland compared by the old ones.
The exceptions are the Hospital one and the Sword one. Great song.
>>
Gravity Falls
>season 1 : cute shows about siblings having adventures in the mysterious town, encounter some monsters and other weird shits
>season 2 : rick and morty for kids, ayylmaos, portal, memes, meme triangle unleash meme apocalypse, shipping shit
>>
File: real ghostbusters.jpg (132 KB, 805x580) Image search: [Google]
real ghostbusters.jpg
132 KB, 805x580
>first couple of seasons the guys were pretty much parallel to their movie counterparts but with certain developments/exeggerations
>latter seasons Janine became more generic, less sassy; Slimer got more focus and could speak semi-coherently; different voice actors; Peter not as sardonic as he once was, more like a generic dude guy
>>
>>77712424
>Season 1
>not memes
YOU CANNOT BE THAT DENSE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCEBovcMxio
>>
File: niggarnet.png (27 KB, 708x658) Image search: [Google]
niggarnet.png
27 KB, 708x658
>>77712373
I'm not really ready to write season 2 off just yet, but I agree. Though in fairness to the show, season 2 hasn't been able to go more than 5 episodes without months of hiatus so it may be making the problem seem worse than it really is. There's still an ass-load of interesting episode titles that have been revealed that are no where close to being aired. Hopefully the fag pandering tones down a bit too. I was willing to ignore the shitposters as the progressive themes were literally 1% of the show but now it's bumped up to like, 40% of the show. Garnet needs to stop "muh fusion" and "do you get that i'm a lesbian couple." She used to be so cool.
>>
>>77712318
in the first few episodes he never went out with the gems or even talked about them he actually avoided talking about them at all.Now he just walks everywhere in town with them.
>>
File: youre memeing fast lmao.jpg (42 KB, 736x490) Image search: [Google]
youre memeing fast lmao.jpg
42 KB, 736x490
>>77712497
it becomes worse in S2
>>
>>77712538
Yeah they do dude. Hiding magical occurrences was never a thing in the show. One of the first things steven mentions to Connie when she meets her is that hes magic and he lives with magic people.
>>
>>77712424
Season 1 was shit though. Too much filler and nothing of real substance happened.
>>
>>77712524
I dunno, considering muh patterns, it seems like the next episode is going to be a Peridot-Garnet bonding episode, and what better thing to bond over than muh fusion?

Maybe if we're lucky fusion will finally start to take a back seat after the episode ends, though I wouldn't count on it since Malachite is still around.
>>
>season 1
>Finn goes around Ooo with Jake on adventures and have his moral alignment tested
>less stiff animations

season 2
>more adventures
>romantic shit enters the plot
>lich

>season 3 onwards
>pretentious shit
>fridge Finn
>>
>>77712590
>implying filler is the bad thing
i bet you're one of those lorefag, Gravity Falls is supposed to be a character-driven show with a lot of mystery element in it. The character itself is what makes me hooked up with the show at the first time i watched it.
I agreed that S2 has more interesting storyline and lore but at least S1 has better character moment and the jokes felt much more natural. S2 suffered with a lot of out of character moment, too much self-aware, shitcom-tier jokes, trying to be deeper with a surprising twist and status quo change, but the outcome was underwhelming, but let's see how they handle the final.
>>
File: image.png (221 KB, 1280x682) Image search: [Google]
image.png
221 KB, 1280x682
are all of you forgetting something
>>
>>77713081
Eh. It's been gone over a gorillion times.
>>
>>77712575
because she was his best friend so he felt comforatble sharing it.He doesn't take that fry kid with him to hang out with his dad or the gems.
>>
>>77712220
This reads like someone who's never actually watched Steven Universe.
>>
>>77713081
It doesn't even need to be said at this point
>>
>>77713293
In episode 1 Steven is talking to Lars and Lars teases him about his "Magic Belly Button". It's never implied that Steven is hiding it at all. There's more evidence to the contrary than anything.
>>
>>77713293
How could they have been best friends if they had just met? Also Steven showed Peedee his cat fingers.
>>
>>77713177
>>77713373

Actually I dont watch the new Spongebob episodes.

What changed?
>>
>>77712146
is it just me or is the same faggot making up the same kind of thread every day? Ir's kinda losing some of its originality.
>>
File: image.jpg (27 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
27 KB, 320x320
Season 1
>Screaming
>Mediocre episodes
>Fluid Animation

Season 2
>Show starts to become more self aware
>CGI Animation gets better, 2D becomes stiff
>Episode quality get better

Season 3
>Voice actors change
>Penball becomes canon
>Show is self aware
>Episode quality vastly increases
>2D gets slightly more fluid
>Rob

Season 4
>Certain characters get more focus
>Excessive screaming is nonexistent
>Continuity becomes more common
>Episode quality is GOAT
>Gumball isn't as much as an annoying shit
>Richard gets redemption
>>
>>77713961
> excessive screaming is non existent

They still scream alot anon.
>>
>>77712888
>lorefag
Guilty as charge. Goes for all shows when I think about it.
I remember as a kid, I couldn't stand sonic's
AOSTH series but the SatAM got me hooked as fuck.

I've always preferred shows that play on continuity as opposed to formulas.
>>
>>77713961
I feel like I need to watch this show now. I thought season 1 was okay, but stopped half way through it and deciding to watch it all later but never really did.
>>
File: down step.jpg (9 KB, 338x299) Image search: [Google]
down step.jpg
9 KB, 338x299
>>77714184

season 3 is the best by far
they constantly break the fourth wall and have actually funny and original episode themes every so often

just skip to the episode "The Sweaters" if you want to see what the show actually can be.
>>
>>77713657
They suck
>>
>>77712538
Arcade Mania was one of the first episodes. What the hell are you talking about?
>>
File: Plankton's_Pet.jpg (55 KB, 699x428) Image search: [Google]
Plankton's_Pet.jpg
55 KB, 699x428
>>77713657
Plankton has a pet dog now.
>>
>>77712590
>filler
>a comedy show that's primarily made to tell jokes
>somehow if it has continuity it has filler
>>
>>77716662
Gravity Falls has so much continuity it would've been better to not dick around so much. There is a tipping point.
>>
>>77712146
It's not even excusable as "Finn got more mature and mature people think about these things". He did think about those things. He helped someone get over a existential crisis just like that. When he was fucking 12. God dammit.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (315 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
315 KB, 1920x1080
>>77712146
Aside from the gradual improvement in animation quality over the course of the series we also got to see almost all the characters fleshed out and some of the kids even switched sides.

This was also one of the earliest Cartoon Network shows with actual continuity.
>>
>>77716576
Huh, I had no idea Hartman worked on Spongebob
>>
>>77712337
And now he's a stock character used to sponge the metric tons of """drama""" and tears the Crystal Gems produce.
>>
>>77712373
SU in general is very hit and miss. It's just that season 2 had a lot more misses than usual.
>>
>>77717173
It was only one episode. Probably one of the few with a good ending for Plankton.
>>
>>77716758
Except it's a comedy show.
>>
I never minded AT going full philosophy 101 2deep4u, the occurrences were rare enough that it never really took away from anything.
>>
>>77717593
>the occurrences were rare enough that it never really took away from anything.

It completely fucked up the S6 finale.
>>
>>77717593
It was just this wierd thing that sometimes happened in the show. A nice easter egg that punctuated things and acted like a quasi moral of the story that was either pseudo deep or simple yet profound.
Like a child asking an adult who's in the depths of depression "if you're sad then try to be happy" and pulls them outside to get some sun.

Now it's all that paper thin stoner coffee house pseudo intellectual bullshit that interests too smurt for your teenage girls and twitter fucktards. Like GiTS except even dumber and more intellectually insulting and logic devoid.
>>
>>77717621
Piss poor writing fucked large chunks of S6, totally dropping the ball on the dad sub plot had absolutely nothing to do with trying to be deep.
>>
>>77717621
I actually really enjoyed the S6 finale. It gave some semblance of closure to Finn and Martin's relationship, and it actually explained the significance of the clusterfuck of plot that was the comet.
>>
>>77712146
Man, I miss the "retro video game" shtick from the beginning. Now it's just faggy pseudo-intellectual bullshit. This is a kids show man, why do they have to complicate things?
>>
>>77717798
>"retro video game" shtick

You mean D&D for kids?
>>
>>77717679
So is Martin just gone now? Was that their "died on the way to his home planet" moment?
>>
>>77717798
So much this
Those were simpler times
Simpler Adventure Times
>>
>>77717931
Naw, closer to...well actually yeah. The older video game ones though.
>>
>>77713961
Wasn't the Watterson family's design keep change every season?
>>
for good or ill Adventure Time is gonna be for awhile
>>
File: tumblr_llyv5t6iWZ1qk2m6ko1_500.png (124 KB, 500x285) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_llyv5t6iWZ1qk2m6ko1_500.png
124 KB, 500x285
>>77712146
No one mentioned Regular Show.
>>
>>77718444
Has it gotten bad? Whats the difference between now and the acid trip that was the first season? Just normalfag as fuck?
>>
>>77717095
Yep, I remember this show started of as action-comedy about five kids fighting bunch of adult villans, turning the next seasons it became a THING before Adventure Time.
>>
>>77718599
The problem was the love triangle thing in S6, in between episodes the show was less surreal and formulatic.
>>
Adventure Time hasn't changed. The fans have.
>>
File: 1428414567023.jpg (17 KB, 207x253) Image search: [Google]
1428414567023.jpg
17 KB, 207x253
>>77718680
>this nigga
>>
>>77718115
S2-4 have the same art style, though S2 had Oblong and round eyes for the Wattersons and S3-present have just round eyes
>>
>>77718745

Disprove it nerd. This is a 'murican imageboard, not a mid evil european circlejerk.
>>
>>77719022
Burden of proof is on you home-slice. Anyone watching can see it's gone from video game parody to...something. I don't even know how to describe it.
>>
>>77717673
Is the Ghost in the Shell series that bad? I just watched the movie (20th Anniversary Edition) last week and loved it.
>>
File: edexcf.jpg (69 KB, 770x506) Image search: [Google]
edexcf.jpg
69 KB, 770x506
>Season 1
Good story at the level of its antecessor
Good characters
Good villains

>Season 4
Gary Stu villain
Lesbianism out of nowhere
>>
>>77718444
no one on /co/ legitimately gives a shit about regular show
>>
>>77719413
>good story at the level of its predecessor
Fuck no, the writing was mediocre
>>
>>77718444
Watched 3 seasons back-to-back here.
Regular Show is an incredibly bland show, considering how hard it tries to be irregular.
>wacky stoner thing
>over do wacky stoner thing
>skips warns them of the supernatural ramifications of wacky stoner thing
>fuck skips
>wacky stoner monster wreaking havoc on the park
>???
>episode of regular show
>>
>>77719413
The quality graph was more of a zigzag line than a downward slope
>>
>>77719600
I read a creepypasta or some shit that said at the beginning of each show, Mordecai and Rigby would drop a hit of acid, and the show then follows them through the peak and coming down. Made it infinity better viewing it like that in my mind.
>>
>>77717095
Whatever happened to that Galactic KND thing that happened a few months ago?
>>
>>77719721
>creepypastas
>2015

Perharps you are referring to the early short made by the series creator.
>>
>>77719952
Maybe. This was when the show first came out though so I have no clue broseph.
>>
>>77712424
>>77712550
At least they're ending the show instead of turning it into a zombie like Adventure Time, FOP and Spongebob.
>>
>>77719898
Disappointment
>>
>>77719898
It was an attention stunt to try and get a second series greenlit, CN wasn't interested though, gotta make room for your new favorite show after all.
>>
>>77719413
I couldn't help but be a little disappointed with the direction the series went. I loved the use of the more modern setting in the first season, with cool stuff like Pro Bending and that car chase sequence, but as the show went on, we got less and less of that. A lot of seasons 2-4 felt like they could have just as easily taken place around the time of The Last Airbender, and I think the show threw away a bit of its own identity and potential when it went that route.
>>
>>77712146
>>77712220
MODS ARCHIVE THIS!
>>
>>77721488

woah... a wild newfag. don't scare it away everyone.
>>
>>77720321
Is it confirmed they weren't interested or have we just not heard anything?
>>
>>77713726
I was so confused when the episodes with the Vampire King started. I always assumed that Aberdeer was a vampire, too.
>>
>>77722173
idiot
>>
File: 1446332114595.jpg (178 KB, 500x793) Image search: [Google]
1446332114595.jpg
178 KB, 500x793
>>77712146
>this fucking thread again
Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 17

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.