[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was it really that bad, or did Daredevil just set the bar too high?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 103
Thread images: 8
Was it really that bad, or did Daredevil just set the bar too high?
>>
It is a solid B-

They needed more story that was n ot Kilgrave
>>
It's great. People just say they hate it to feel special. Daredevil is still better, though.
>>
>>77711111
Ths.
I liked it, but it could have been better.
The layers needed another plotline to kick around instead of jus the divorce case
>>
Bad and Daredevil is not a high bar to pass.
>>
File: 17873.jpg (9 KB, 240x192) Image search: [Google]
17873.jpg
9 KB, 240x192
>>77711111
Checked
>>
I'd rather have had a Luke Cage show.
>>
>>77711016
>or did Daredevil just set the bar too high?
Wait a minute, Daredevil wasn't that good.
>>
Is it ever addressed that they could render Killgrave's power useless by getting noise cancelling headphones?
>>
>>77711332
Yes.
>>
it was pretty shit. I showed daredevil to people and it made them reconsider how they felt about the superhero genre.
Then they watched this show and it single handedly set back all the work I had done convincing them it isn't stupid
>>
>>77711411
Holy shit this post
>>
was wondering why there wasn't any discussion on the show at all across the sites I visit.

now I know
>>
>>77711016
It was pretty bad.
>>
File: 14410431210.jpg (24 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
14410431210.jpg
24 KB, 512x512
>>77711016
How dare you? This, along with Supergirl and iZombie are absolutely brilliant. I can't even watch any other shows now, that's how good they are.
>>
>>77711016
Neither DD or Jessica Jones were very good.
>>
I thought the cast and characters and dialogue was way more interesting than Daredevil.

It's just that the whole season is obsessed with Kilgrave like Jessica is. I feel like it can grow to be better provided they can get better villains that fuckin Nuke and give Jessica room to grow.
>>
File: image.jpg (53 KB, 795x365) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
53 KB, 795x365
>>77711016
Maybe you just have suspect taste, OP.
>>
File: image.jpg (60 KB, 785x362) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
60 KB, 785x362
>>77711666
Mysogynist much?
>>
>>77711016
Half of it was shit, the other half was good.

It just dwelled a lot on the bad. A LOT
>>
I didn't watch it because it doesn't look interesting and the most notable part about it seems to be its "I'm a woman hear me roar" shtick.
>>
It was better than Daredevil. It wasn't nearly as front loaded.

Also Trish is a thousand times better than Foggy.
>>
>>77711111
Nice.

Could've used another plot than lesbian divorce though.
>>
>>77711016
But daredevil is pretty meh.
>>
>>77711778
That's a really bokd assumption. Especially since that's not really prevelant at all.
>>
>>77711829
It needed more sideplots or "filler" episodes like with that one bitch who hated metas. That was a good episode. The Simpson stuff was solid though.
>>
>>77711355
kinda.
When Jessica finds Kilgrave's father with his arms hacked off, he tells her not to look at him or listen to him. Which kind of does not make sense since a few episodes earlier they establish that Kilgrave's power are like an infection, in a sense that he releases pheromones or whatever the fuck that makes people susceptible to his suggestion.
>>
>>77711016
I got halfway through Jessica Jones before I got bored and dumped it.
>>
>>77711843
It has a girl as a main character so of course any autist here will get triggered by it.
>>
>>77711778
>and the most notable part about it seems to be its "I'm a woman hear me roar" shtick.

But it has nothing of that at all. It's not a STRONG WOMAN show, it's just a show that happens to star a large amount of female characters.
>>
>>77711569
>Implying Shitgirl and iZombie are somehow on the same level.
>>
>>77711016
Started really strong but started to get nonsensical toward the end. 6/10
>>
>>77711666
>>77711682

I've come to always assume the worst of Devin "Disagree With Me, and You're Worse Than a Nazi" Faraci, so nothing he says or does surprises me anymore.
>>
>>77711843

That's good, though it's just the impression I got.

I still probably won't watch it. I only care for capeshit as a "let's kill a few hours at the movies with friends" thing anyway. Not gonna waste the time on a series, especially one which, again, doesn't have much going for it.
>>
>>77711871
>>77711871
It's to avoid the gestures/commands.

It would have been cool if Kilgrave used his power via morse code.
>>
>>77711893

Alright. But what's it got going for it that would draw somebody in?
>>
>>77711016
>boring
>dragged out
>leftist bullshit everywhere
>joke fight scenes
DD may have set the bar high, but it seems like JJ didn't even try. The only reason I stuck through it was because it is tied to DD and the other upcoming shows.

>>77711411
This. I recommended DD to everyone, but I wouldn't suggest JJ to a single person.
>>
>>77712221
>leftist bullshit everywhere
like what?
>>
>>77712335
>pro abortion
>anti death penalty
>pro gay agenda
>BMWF
>white men are evil or inept
>>
>>77712389
>implying Nuke did literally anything wrong
>>
>>77712412
>>implying Nuke did literally anything wrong
he burned a barbie dream house
>>
>>77712389
>pro abortion
>anti death penalty
>pro gay agenda
Reading too much into it

>BMWF
Okay, you're not comfortable with your sexual kinks, we get it, but you don't need to shove that shit on everyone else

>this is in the same universe as Daredevil
>forgetting that Nuke was the most interesting character in the end
>>
>>77712389
You are such a little bitch.

>every MCU movie has heroic white guys
>all marvel shows have heroic white guys
>one show doesn't have heroic white guy
>abloo bloo bloo
>>
File: excuse me.jpg (44 KB, 500x357) Image search: [Google]
excuse me.jpg
44 KB, 500x357
It had an unlikable main character and 13 episodes of a bitchy woman running after a manchild rapist. It never felt interesting or exciting. It was boring, all over the place and with ridiculous clichés (funny neighbors, really?).

Even Tennant's character got annoying after a few episodes.
>>
>Seven full to bursting talk threads
>Now suddenly everyone hates it

/co/ is so much like /v/ it's insane.
>>
>>77714653
Difference being that /v/ is aware of how awful they are. /co/ thinks their shit doesn't stink.
>>
>>77711016

>Daredevil hardly has any court scenes
>Jessica does PI shit constantly
>>
>>77712389
>waah waah
>>
>>77712389
>BMWF
Are you really this insecure?
>>
>>77714705

And? It's still a great show. Plus they show Matt, Foggy, and Karen doing a ton of shit with the agency, just not in a court room. It's not like a ton of DD comics take place in a court room for the majority of them.
>>
Daredevil wasn't that good. It's a high bar for Marvel, sure, but it's not for TV in general.
>>
>>77712389
>BMWF
They have been together for how long now?
>>
The difference was that Murdock was likeable while Jones is ugly and insufferable.
>>
>>77713057
>with ridiculous clichés (funny neighbors, really?).
I'm not even sure how to react to this.
>>
>>77712551

Abortion was literally played up for laughs.

"Hahaha, she sure took that pill fast enough, she really wants that baby dead! hahahaha"
>>
>>77715134
Everytime she was feet from him and didn't run through him like a train I died a little inside. I watched it, it was okay, but it was killing me inside the whole time. Jessica isn't an awful character, but she sure is an awful person.

>>77711796
Foggy was a saint, and Trish was barely acting.
>>
I couldn't get over Jessica's weird Michael Jackson nose.
>>
>>77711569
Go away, Steve.
>>
I think as a whole JJ is better than DD but DD had single episodes. Also DD had a better finale. Remove Foggy's terrible acting and maybe it would be better.
>>
File: Steve Baxi's taste.png (61 KB, 611x319) Image search: [Google]
Steve Baxi's taste.png
61 KB, 611x319
>>77711569
>>77711016
Jessica Jones is just as great as Daredevil! It's so complex and nuanced!
>>
>>77715548
>Foggy's terrible acting
I knew a guy, even two guys that were exactly like Foggy. Were they acting? Should I be concerned?
>>
>>77715134
Part of that I chalk up to humor. Not jokes persay but the way they alleviated situations with it. Jessica makes crappy snark at everything, but nobody snarks to her or she doesn't react to it.

Matt, you'll see him making jokes and being lighthearted with his friends, clients, even as DD he makes some dark jokes. The calmness with which he faced the crooked cop at the last episode was hilarious, without having to say any jokes. We had a blind guy who could still see the bright side from time to time.

Jessica Jones is just the shitstains on a wall and she knows it, and never tries to improve.
>>
>>77715568
Arrow and AoS weren't unwatchable for him before?
>>
>>77715740
He said he liked Season 1 and half of Season 2. AOS he's hot and cold on. It's very "meh" for him.
>>
>>77715568
those shows were already unwatchable
>>
>>77715580
Let me redact that. The writing for the character was awful and his acting didn't fix it.
>>
Kilgrave was 1000x better than Fisk

Murdoc was 1000x better than Jones

JJ was cool because the villian was spooky and well acted and well written. It was litterally a spoiled brat who had control over everything and can rape your mind and do actual rape too. The problem was that the protagonist and supporting characters were all insufferable cunts. Patsy was the only likable "good guy"
>>
What the hell is with all of the hate for Daredevil in this thread?
>>
>>77715798

Malcolm was pretty much the only character I cared about personally.
>>
>>77715798
I agree with this.
>>
File: image.jpg (135 KB, 750x713) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
135 KB, 750x713
>>77711016
I'll just leave this here.
>>
Jessica Jones is a shitty hero. How many people had to die just so she could get one blonde chick out of jail only for her to stab herself in the neck?
>>
>>77715792
What was wrong with the writing for the character?
>>
>>77715900
>Double trips
>Gets dubs posting it again

It must be true.
>>
>>77711016
It was easily as good or better than Daredevil in many spots, and at least as good on average.

I have no idea who's saying JJ sucked, but they have seriously shit taste.

Tell me "AKA Sin Bin" wasn't better than any individual episode of Daredevil. I fucking dare you.
>>
>$0.00
http://www.amazon.com/Marvels-Jessica-Jones-Brian-Bendis-ebook/dp/B015QL71YA/&tag=furblo-20
>>
>>77716043
Everything I saw in Jessica Jones I could have also (had already) seen in Heroes.
>>
>>77716043
It wasn't better than any single episode of DD.

I like JJ but the fight scenes were pretty bad and Ritter's acting wasn't great either.

Still a decent show.

Maybe go watch The Sopranos or The Wire to get some perspective on what good tastes are.
>>
>>77716043

But Sin Bin is when everything went to shit, anon.
>>
>>77716165
It did!
In the best ways
>>
>>77716165
You gotta keep in perspective we lost the great Land Whale war. There are a lot of them just spouting it cause it's progressive.

I liked it though.
>>
>>77711016
Only Redditors didn't like it.
>>
>>77715900
The fact that they bothered to include Nuke at all tickles me something fierce. I really hope we see more of him later down the line.

The only thing that really bothered me was they didn't even try for the flag face. Like, in the real world, I can see why that wouldn't work, but I'm amazed they didn't try to make him look different in any way at all. They could've contrived a way to have bloody fingers drag down his face, giving him the red stripes or something. That would've been enough.
>>
>>77712002
Eh, I liked the pseudo-noir thing they were going for. For folks who need capeshit with their hardboiled detective thriller.
>>
>>77716343
I also really enjoyed that is was a modern noir show. My only gripe was the washed out filter they used because I had to turn up the contrast on my TV to see Luke Cage in a couple scenes.
>>
>>77716165
After Sin Bin! Sin Bin was the last truly great episode!
>>
>>77716343
Detectives are usually smart though. Jessica is about as good as a detective as Snyder's Batman.
>>
>>77715760
They're enjoyable.
>>
>>77711274
Give it like 6 months
>>
>>77716495
We have to get Daredevil Season 2 first!
>>
>>77711016
It's different from Daredevil.
>>
>>77716259
>A blue bruise on his upper right forehead and streams of blood
>>
>>77714653
It just happened really recently too.

Now even DD is being called bad. I'm really starting to hate this board.
>>
>>77711569
STEVE! I've followed you on Geekvolution. You come off pretentious there too.
>>
>>77714653
Did you read those threads, idiot?
>>
It really was that bad. Shows need characters to be good. We don't have to like them, but they do have to be interesting. Name a single popular show that doesn't succeed off of its characters, even the shitty ones. Jessica Jones had nobody interesting. Everyone was the same bland, sad oatmeal.
>>
>>77716112
>boring as fuck edgelord shows
>good taste

I'd rather watch godfather than that shitty rip off.
>>
>>77720098
I liked Jessica, Kilgrave, Luke and Trish. I felt everyone else was just padding.
>>
>>77719298
DD was weird because the first half of the show was top notch. Like en route to being one of the best ever. Then the second half happened. As soon as the Russian plot pacing was thrown out the window and the show lost absolutely all steam and got fairly nonsensical on top of that. So dumb. And that final costume was so bad looking. So bad. As soon as he puts it on you understand why they didn't use it until the last minute.

But hey, at least it had like 6 of the best episodes of tv before going to shit. Jessica Jones managed to go to shit at episode 2.
>>
So what's really so bad about Fisk?
I loved the guy and would really like for him to team up with some other bad guy in the future.

Also, what would come out of Fisk and Kilgraves teaming up. Is there any way for Fisk not to end kilgraved?
>>
>>77720362
he would only not kill him if he didn't no about gillgrave and he got mind control offed

given any chance fisk wouldn't let him live
>>
>>77711016
The problem is that Killgrave is easily the most entertaining part of the story and everything is just... okay.
>>
I really liked it. I think the ending was a little disappointing but I would say I enjoyed it enough to give a night to watching it all in one go.There are a lot of nice character beats - like how when Luke and Jess have sex the first time it's really unsatisfying because they're both holding back, and then when they reveal their powers the situation is rectified.

Plus I like the novelty of having a Marvel Universe story where people say 'twat' and finger each other on desks.
Thread replies: 103
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.