[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should I watch this, /co/ ?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: QQL2Htb.png (740 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
QQL2Htb.png
740 KB, 1920x1080
Should I watch this, /co/ ?
>>
As somebody who doesn't know jack shit about this show, I would also like a /co/ review/opinion. What's it about? Is it a Back to the Future thing with a mad scientist and a normal kid?
>>
>>77688597
>>77688638
It's a good show. Kind of crazy sci-fi, with a bit of making fun of the sci-fi tropes that people usually just accept.
>>
>>77688597
Sure
>>
>>77688597
Should I hold your penis for you when you pee? Should I also make all choices for you in life, so you won't have to take the time to do research on something?
>>
>>77688692
Oh? Taking the piss out of sci-fi tropes?
>flashes of Discworld books and the ribbing of fantasy-fairy tale tropes.
You have my attention sir.
>>
Do you ever visit reddit? I don't mean to beat a dead meme, but if you like that place you'll probably like Rick and Morty
>>
>>77688638
>>77688597

Its about an alcoholic completely amoral mad scientist going on adventures with his grandson. So yes.
>>
It's typically pretty good. No episode has been bad, though there are reasons to argue that some may have been weaker than others. A lot of people simply won't watch the show because it's "popular", and they're typically very grating to talk to.
>>
Just started watching this, the ending of episode 3 was the first time in years I was genuinely in tears laughing at a TV show.
>>
>>77688775
>reddit & morty meme

It's like you forgot that the show was adopted here first; its creator even lurked a lot of the threads
>>
>>77688766
yeah you sound about reddit enough to enjoy this show
>>
>>77688597
>>77688638
It's alright. The first episode isn't completely indicative of the general tone of the show. Lawnmower dog is a great episode to watch and decide if you want to watch the rest, it's episodic so it doesn't matter too much if you watch it first.
>>
>>77688962
I wasn't even trying to meme, I just think that people who enjoy Reddit would enjoy Rick and Morty
>>
>>77688638
>As somebody who doesn't know jack shit about this show, I would also like a /co/ review/opinion. What's it about? Is it a Back to the Future thing with a mad scientist and a normal kid?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIm7ottPbKE I feel this scene sums up the style well.
>>
>>77689140
>I wasn't even trying to meme
he meme'd
>>
>>77688597
Yeah it's pretty good, just don't take the lorefags seriously, they spoil the fun.

>>77688638
It's a comedy show most of all. The sci fi is more of a vehicle for comedy to happen, the comedy isn't *about* sci fi per se.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.