[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I am surprised to see no thread about this. https://www.you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5
File: f-is-for-family-850x560.jpg (77 KB, 850x560) Image search: [Google]
f-is-for-family-850x560.jpg
77 KB, 850x560
I am surprised to see no thread about this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFzrvMS6P8g

My favorite comedian Bill Burr is making a show on Netflix, the same website that gave us Bojack Horseman. Will it be good /co/?
>>
No, it will not.

Why can't adult cartoons look like this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UKl2-lOzC4
In other words, excellent.
>>
>>77684921

It's shit m8
>>
>>77684921
>Will it be good?

I don't know? I don't know!
>>
>>77684921
Netflix is also responsible for Orange is the New Black, which is essentially "trash trash, smells like ass, but hide the smell, it's making cash!"

So no, I am not hyped, but I will watch if I get another box of Lucky Charms
>>
>>77684921

It looks like King of the Hill but with swearing.
>>
>>77684921
I'm so sick of the cookie-cutter family format.
>>
File: tumblr_inline_mlsfkg0tCy1qz4rgp.png (274 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_mlsfkg0tCy1qz4rgp.png
274 KB, 500x375
>>77685034
Don't worry, The Warners will fix it.
>>
File: pep.jpg (15 KB, 251x242) Image search: [Google]
pep.jpg
15 KB, 251x242
>THE LOVELY NIA EVERYBODY
>>
>>77685107
what's wrong with that phrase?
>>
Oh boy, another boring as shit sitcom set in the 70's, only this time it's a cartoon. Surely, this was worth producing.
>>
File: icwhatudidthere.jpg (108 KB, 879x617) Image search: [Google]
icwhatudidthere.jpg
108 KB, 879x617
>>77685000
>not diggin the charme of oitnb despite of the trips
>>
>>77684921
wow, this will be an awful show.
>>
I kinda wish they had gone for a 70s cartoon aesthetic instead of this generic flash shit.
>>
So the joke is that all men were abusive misogynist scum with no redeeming characteristics, but now we get to laugh at it because it was the 70's and thankfully we are so much more enlightened, emasculated and metrosexual in 2015. Let this show serve as a warning lest we become like the sexist neanderthals of yesteryear, hah, the mindless brutes! That's good comedy!
>>
>>77685686

>All in the Family
>>
>>77685736
>Bill Burr
If it was Burr a few years ago, that could be fun, but he's been losing his comedic timing a lot recently. You know that thing David Cross does, of going on and on against religion for over fifteen minutes until no one is laughing anymore and we all just hope he can think of some other topic to talk about? It's current Bill Burr with everything. It's not the edge that bothers me, it's how boring and repetitive he became.

We sure could use a new Mitch Hedberg.
>>
>>77684921
>King of the Hill meets Family Guy
>but in the 1970s
How original.
>>
>>77684921
I like that they're making the dad a reprehensible scumbag with no redeeming qualities whatsoever. I'm sure they'll have to give him a moment or two of not being a dick, but as long as they don't give him a bare bones, lesson learned at the end of every episode thing like when Homer Simpson, Peter Griffin, Stan Smith etc. "Learn their lesson" and then go right back to being dickheads the following episode, this could have some potential to be a believable family sitcom.

Also, I quite liked the threat of "I will com home and put you through that fucking wall". Sounds like something you'd actually hear a shitty parent say to their kid.
>>
>>77685320
/tv/ has a stick up their ass over Bill Burr's wife Nia. She makes occasional appearances in his podcast and sometimes gets a few words over him. This triggers /tv/.
>>
>>77685871
You misunderstand. He's not a scumbag, he's an average seventies dad.
>>
>>77685871
>. Sounds like something you'd actually hear a shitty parent say to their kid.

It IS something you'd actually hear.
>>
>>77685797
I saw Bill live in Pittsburgh recently and he was great. Just as good when I saw him a few years ago in Hawaii.
>>
>>77684943
>>77685064
Fuck off Famicom64
>>
>>77685909
Which evidently is a scumbag by today's standards.
>>
>>77684921
like we needed another cartoon about a family
>>
So I guess we've reached the limit on 80's parody shows now.
>>
>>77684921
Muh f'ked-up childhood! The Feels!!!
>>
File: chefs dad tells you straight.jpg (119 KB, 720x524) Image search: [Google]
chefs dad tells you straight.jpg
119 KB, 720x524
>>77686087
yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyeah... you could say that...
>>
I don't think Netflix is going to put out anything that tops Bob and David for a while.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.