[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>X-MEN: FIRST CLASS was great >X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 8
File: Deadpool.jpg (12 KB, 236x355) Image search: [Google]
Deadpool.jpg
12 KB, 236x355
>X-MEN: FIRST CLASS was great

>X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST was great

>THE WOLVERINE was... Okay.

>DEADPOOL looks good and is receiving positive early word-of-mouth

>X-MEN: APOCALYPSE sounds great

>GAMBIT has a solid cast and a great director

>LEGION TV show by the FARGO showrunner

>HELLFIRE CLUB TV show

>NEW MUTANTS and THE WOLVERINE in the pipeline

When did Fox become based again?
>>
>>77673260
The FARGO showrunner said in a interview with CBR that he wanted to pitch Legion because he wanted to do a psychological drama and Fox offered him the chance with a member of the mutant IP, i dont really have my hope up for that show.

but Want i will be happy if my waifu wolfbane is in a movie
>>
Fantasy Four was amazing. solid 10/10 amiright
>>
>>77673466
wtf is fantasy four
>>
File: now make like a bird.png (192 KB, 355x408) Image search: [Google]
now make like a bird.png
192 KB, 355x408
>>77673394
good

movie studio politics did the thing that Marvel never had the balls to do: put the fucking X-Men in their own universe where they belong and they can be oppressed to their hearts' content without it being absolutely fucking ridiculous in the light of other non-mutant heroes being beloved despite being functionally indistinguishable from mutants.
>>
I really didn't think the Gambit movie would land as good of a director as they did. After the first director backed out I thought they would get some studio guy to do it but they got Doug Liman.
>>
File: 1447870104869.gif (161 KB, 921x155) Image search: [Google]
1447870104869.gif
161 KB, 921x155
>>77673529
They REALLY should've bitten the bullet and done it already with Secret Wars.
>>
Green Lantern had positive early word of mouth. It means nothing.

>>77673529
You retards are as bad as the "Why doesn't Batman kill the Joker" fags.

Think about it. Just recently a couple of Muslim people killed a bunch of folks, and now all over the country you have people antagonizing and even assaulting random Muslim-looking people, you have people putting up signs and bumper stickers saying how much they hate and want to kill Muslims, you have the news and /pol/ in a constant tizzy over them by spreading bullshit misinformation.

And this is all just over some people who worship the exact same god in a slightly different way and have some brownish skin.

Now imagine an entire race of people who are just born with powers like controlling the weather, manipulating all forms of metal and even reading and controlling minds. Do you really think the same people who already blow up over Muslims, gay marriage and even fucking Starbucks cups are going to just say "oh yeah, they're fine I guess. Not too different from Iron Man."

And that's not to mention most of the Marvel U public hate every hero except Cap and the FF.

Can you imagine what it would be like if some mutants started committing terrorist actions, you know, kind of like Magneto? What if every Muslim in the world also had the innate power to just explode on command? How would the world react?
>>
>>77673260
>Hellfire club tv show
>New Mutants and the wolverine
>Legion
Wait what? Have I been under a rock lately.
>>
>>77674777
You're the only retard here. Read more comics. Literally every member of the human race in the Marvel universe has the innate capability to develop superpowers. That insane plasticity is hard wired into their DNA, the X-Gene is just one of countless triggers. Intergalactic & inter-temporal wars have been fought over every other sentient species' pants-shitting terror at humankind's potential; it's all the exact same shit to anyone with an ounce of context. Iron Man's the furthest thing he was talking about and you fucking know it.
Not to mention how full RETARD members of the scientific community will go whenever the topic of dem dern muties come up. Like, forget everything they learned in biology past elementary school full retard. And the civilians. They'll literally go from asking for autographs to slitting jugulars the second they hear a beloved hero got their terrifying powers via an X-Gene instead of Terrigenesis or cosmic rays or Gamma radiation. Not even Marvels could come up with an excuse for why the obsessive cape-phile does a complete 180 from to championing every superhuman as the next coming of Christ to chucking bricks the second one of them is in yellow & blue. For DECADES citizines of the MU have been portrayed like an automated switch flips in their heads. And /co/ wonders why Grant Morrison created Sublime; it's the best canon explanation for writing this shitty, lazy & oblivious to Marvel's own lore.
>>
>>77673466

Fantasy Four?

What the fuck is that?
>>
File: kek.jpg (11 KB, 107x156) Image search: [Google]
kek.jpg
11 KB, 107x156
>>77673260
>>X-MEN: FIRST CLASS was great
>>X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST was great

X-Fags, everyone.
>>
>>77673260
When people realized the MCU isn't so great after all

Not saying it's not good, just plays it very safe
>>
>>77673260
I dont have any hope for Waypool. It will be literally redditpool.

Other than, and X-men origins, the Fox-men were always great. Even X3 is barely as bad as any other mcu movie with the exception of IM1 and TWS.
>>
>>77674970
Yes, clearly
>>
File: smug.jpg (213 KB, 606x731) Image search: [Google]
smug.jpg
213 KB, 606x731
>>77674777
>/pol/ in a constant tizzy over them by spreading bullshit misinformation.

Just like those pics of terrorists between the refugees they shared 2 months ago? Or Amhed, the God Emperor of Time, suing for 15 millions? Or maybe black on black and black on white crime statistics? But yeah, /pol/ is always wrong ;)
>>
>>77674970
I guess so.

Fox is getting the Hellfire Club show, set in the 60's.
FX is getting a Legion show, set in an insane asylum, I think?
New Mutants is supposed to be getting a movie, but who knows if it'll actually be the New Mutants.
Lastly, Wolverine 3 is said to be Old Logan.

Any word on X-Force? Is it really canned? Was looking forward to it.
>>
>>77677159
Never understood all the hate X3 got.
>>
>>77676214
All of this, but especially that last sentence.
>>
>>77677255
As popular as people around here like to say something is scrapped, no, X-force is not scrapped. Last time they spoke of it was about a year ago and said 5 man team and 2 memebers are going to be Deadpool and Cable. So they probably want to see how Deadpool does first before officially green lighting it.
Also they want Cable in the Deadpool sequel so maybe they'll pull a MoS-BvS-JL and have deadpool be his own movie, the Sequel be Cable & Deadpool and end the trilogy with X-Force
>>
>>77677286
>>77677159
For me at least it was what we could have had that pisses me off the most and the complete change of character given to Magneto.
And too much time given to the cure not enough to Dark Phoenix
>>
>>77677343
I hope it's still on.
I was hoping we'd see Domino in it, but maybe we'll get her in the Deadpool sequel?
>>
>>77677688
Maybe, Don't Cable and Domino hook up? at least for a while
>>
>>77673260
The Wolverine was better than XMDOFP
>>
>>77677967
I think so.

I liked her in X-Force by Kyle and Yost, haven't read a lot about the older X-Force stuff yet.
>>
>>77677143
MARVEL could pump out 25 minutes of some actor in an x-men costume and your greasy ass would still pirate it.
>>
>>77679146
I actually don't pirate movies
I'm someone who has friends and goes to the theater. And when A movie is out I buy a physical copy because I like to have a collection.

But hey, you tried.
>>
File: image.jpg (153 KB, 732x726) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
153 KB, 732x726
>>77677070
>>
>no Scemma
>Havok and literally who company are first X-Men
>Mystiquewank
Fuck Fox.
>>
>>77682263
I'd rather they not follow the comics 1:1, but the First Class roster was pretty shitty.
>>
Mutant Cinematic Universe > Marvel Cinematic Universe
>>
>>77682387
Exactly, they can skip comics with Jean and get to good parts.
>muh evolution
>Shaw kills him like a bitch
>>
>>77681772
I'm confused as Hell by Age of Ultron's hype. Why in the world were people - the reps - going around and marketing it as the dark entry in the Marvel franchise?

Also, fucking Civil War coming around - that trainwreck of an event getting any attention on that scale isn't going to end up good at all.
>>
>>77676214
>this young that he doesn't understand how the marvel universe works
>>
>>77674970
Fox and Marvel came to some sort of deal and now Fox will be releasing two X-Men-related TV shows, Legion and Hellfire Club.
>>
I feel kinda bad that Taylor Kitsch was dumped as Gambit for Channing Tatum (who is still a good choice, IMO). I mean, if they could rework Ryan's Deadpool from Origins then they could have at least tried to do the same for his Gambit. IDK, I think they should have at least got him to audition.
>>
>>77673260
First Class was ok. There were several scenes that made me go "Why did they do that, that just looks stupid."
>>
are deadpool and gambit and the tv shows in the post-dofp timeline? will the movies crossover with each other? will the movies and tv shows crossover?
>>
there was an uncensored/unrated cut of The Wolverine which actually made it better. It adds only about 2 minutes of movie but the camera direction and dialogue changes to show more gore and swearing. Less things are shown off-screen and implied etc etc. Overall went from a 7 to 7.5/10 for me.

Days of Future Past had the Rogue cut, which added somehting like 23 minutes to the movie. It was fucking awesome , go see it now /co/. It adds a few changed scenes in the past and about 15 minutes in the future focused on Rogue.

This is why fox is currently more based than marvel. There's been heaps of confirmed unreleased footage that never made it into the final cuts of marvel movies due to time constraints or "viewer attentiveness"
>>
>>77683072
Deadpool is post dofp, I'd say. Colossus and Negasonic have costumes.
I think that Hellfire is before First Class.
>>
>>77683089
Everything in the Rogue Cut made it twice as good. Everything exept Mystique sneaking into the school, only to leave again.
>>
>>77673529
This. For the record, Id also want like Spider-man removed and in the same, self contained Xmen universe. I always liked the idea that people hate spiderman cause they think hes a mutant and I feel spiderman works best away from the MCU
>>
>>77683004
The film is literally only happening cause of Tatum, I think its fair to have him play the guy
>>
>>77676214
I don't think the average citizen knows or cares about human genetic potential on a cosmic scale.

But aside from that I'm not really familiar with the rest of your examples. I've never been into X-Men so I can't say how any specific storylines may have affected perception. All I'm saying is that on a basic level it makes sense when you look at the mass hysteria over dumb shit in real life.

Marvels was one of the worst examples and I wish Busiek wouldn't have bothered trying to include it in there. But people are scared of the Hulk and the Inhumans, right? It just seems like shitty writing, not a nonsensical concept. Like 99% of Marvel's history gets ignored nowadays anyway.
>>
>>77676214

Yes, because irrational fear of a particular set of people is so totally uncharacteristic of real life people, right? There is always a good, logical reason behind discrimination, no?

Please do everyone a favor: grow up a little, move out of your parents' house, and learn about the world before you comment on this kind of shit.

Moron.
>>
>>77673260
I've always said Fox was based but you dickblowers rode the mcu-hypetrain with all the other normalfags.
>>
>>77685470

>Fox was based

Let's be honest here, between the double-whammy of X3 and Origins there was a pretty legitimate reason to think Fox had lost it.

Remember that First Class was made for the exact same reason ans Tranktastic, just to keep the rights. Fox just got lucky that they picked Matthew Vaughn to direct and we got something good from that, so Fox could really start fixing the damage they did.
>>
>>77685470
Fuuuuck, that looks good
>>
>>77685470
Fox has made some of the worst superhero films ever put to the silver screen. And a large percentage of the turds, too.
>>
>>77673260
>>X-MEN: FIRST CLASS was great
ha ha no , only cool part was Mags being James Bond assassin. I'dve watched a whole movie of that.
>>X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST was great
I enjoyed it, but it had a lot of shitty elements and an unpolished plot.
>>THE WOLVERINE was... Okay.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Saw it for a buck in timesquare, it was so undeniably shitty. The villain made no sense, and it rendered the entire plot useless.

Only good part was the begining with the nuke.
>>
>>77685729
You said the same thing twice.
>>
I have never watched an X-men film ever. Apocalypse would probably be the first, but they fucked up with his costume, so I'm not really sure if I'll watch it.

I've heard good things about First Class and Day of Future Past. Should I watch those without watching the first ones?
>>
>>77685781

DOFP's impact is lessened if you haven't seen the original films.
>>
>>77685781
Watch 1 and 2 at least before DOFP
And watch the ROGUE CUT of DOFP
>>
>>77685809
The trilogy, right?

>>77685814
Any reason in omitting the third movie? Is it bad?
>>
>>77685914
It's pretty pointless and outside of some developments you can infer anyway Singer doesn't pay it any lip service.

You could also check out FC beforehand too, forgot about that.
>>
>>77685914
Yep. Really bad.
>>
>>77685914

Sure, though I guess >>77685922 has a point that all things considered not much happens in it that matters in the rest of the movies. It basically goes

>Essential Viewing

X-Men
X-2
First Class
DOFP

>Inessential But Good

The Wolverine

>Retconned For Being Shit

X3
Origins
>>
>>77685781
If you want accurate costumes go for the MCU.
If you want good plot, characters and a movie that doesnt insult your intelligence with constant quips go for Fox.
>>
File: 1.jpg (76 KB, 550x508) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
76 KB, 550x508
fox and dc will dominate 2016

We still don't even have a trailer for

Disney Marvels Robert Downey Jr. 7: UnCivil Quips-Cameo of spiderman(no one cares about)
>>
>>77685922
>>77685933
>>77685958
Thanks for the input anons.
>>
>>77685964
>>77685968

>shitposting about quips will never end
>ever

I hope you guys never watch any 80's/90's action movies, your heads might explode.
>>
>>77682426
mutants>capes
that is why marvel is trying so hard to male the inhumans the new mutants
>>
>>77685992
Yes, cheesy 80's and 90's action movies is exactly the kind of quality you can expect from Marvel Studios. What's your point?
>>
>>77686050

You babies act like the MCU created quip-laden action films and spend all your time fucking whining about it like Joss Whedon shit on your pillows.
>>
>>77685992
Please don't compare those two decades by comparing the MCU quipfests with classics like Alien, Die Hard, Total Recall, Predator, Carpenter's The Thing, and Terminator. For all of the shit people give the gargoyles from Hunchback, at least they could shut for long enough, so that Frollo and most of the other villains from that era were threatening.
>>
DKeks sucking some Fox dick again, why I am not surprised?

You'll have movies to defend really soon too.
>>
>>77686418
It's funny how we're the only site which uses kek. Elsewhere they use DCtard and Marveltard, like children.
>>
>>77676214
You didn't read much marvel, did you?
You do know that Avengers aren't cheered by everyone, and had their fare of share?
You sound like a complete casual, who read wiki and think of himself as smart.
>>
>>77674777
beside the /pol/ thing, I do agree with your post.
also, checked
>>
Rumor has it that Deadpool will be pansexual

>>77686418
>deliberate misspelling
Someone wants to avoid a ban?
>>
>>77683273
It's kinda weird isn't it?
Deadpool is happening because Reynols
and Gambit because of Tatum.
And the Breaking Bad guy wants to play Mr Sinister
I wonder how many movie stars are fan of X-Men?
>>
>>77685731
well, at least DOFP had a plot, unlike marvel movies.
>>
>>77686069
no one even implies that, faggot
>>
>>77673260
Don't forget
>Flopt4stic 2 cancelled
>>
>>77685731
Wolverine was a poor cape movie but an overall decent action movie.
>>
>>77673529
even I that don't read alot of comics know you are full of shit

the fear of mutants is the spread of them to make all have of humans be a mutant in future

besides de fact that somebody can be a mutant and you will never know so it is "scary"

the others hero in that universo have their powers by other means and it is not contagious of sorts

learn how to read something niggro
>>
>Days of Futures Pasts actually retconned that first 3 movies
That was a pretty shitty thing to do on Singer's part.
>>
>>77690166
It was based
>>
>>77690124
Learn how to speak English, faggot. (I don't even disagree with you, but Jesus.)
>>
>>77690373
>even I, that didn't have read alot of comics, know you are full of shit

>the fear of mutants is the spread of them, that would make all humans be mutants in future

>besides de fact that somebody can be a mutant and you will never know, so it is "scary"

>the other heros in that universe have their powers by other means and it is not contagious of sorts

>learn how to read something niggro

is this correct now?
>>
>>77673260
>The Wolverine was...okay
I really liked it. It makes watching X-Men 3 more bearable just so I can watch this afterward.
Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.