[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Supergirl talkback
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 142
Thread images: 15
File: p11779285_b_v7_ab.jpg (140 KB, 480x720) Image search: [Google]
p11779285_b_v7_ab.jpg
140 KB, 480x720
>How Does She Do It?
>While Kara is baby-sitting Cat's son, she must also protect the city from a series of bombings; Lucy Lane (Jenna Dewan Tatum) tries to rekindle her relationship with James.

Note that this ep was originally going to be episode 4, but they swapped it with the Livewire episode because of the Paris bombings. Let's hope it still reaches the bar last week set.
>>
>>77672992
>>How Does She Do It?
Be so popular despite having no consistent traits beyond being Superman's boring cousin? No idea.
>>
Thank god, I thought I was going to have to make the thread.
>>
I first read "bombings" as "boomerangs."
>>
http://www.stream2watch dot co/live-tv/us/cbs-live-stream
>>
>>77672992
Jessica Jones is better.
>>
>>77673259
>Jessica Jones
>literally who
They're both shit.
>>
File: co review supergirl.png (989 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
co review supergirl.png
989 KB, 1024x1024
>>77672992
/TV/ reporting in
>>
>Muh name is kara zor-el
>>
I missed this last week. Anything interesting happen?
>>
>>77673370
LIVEWIRE
>>
>>77673370
>Anything interesting happen?
>in Supergirl
No, anon. The answer is always no.
>>
Stream ?
>>
File: CCC carlos.jpg (33 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
CCC carlos.jpg
33 KB, 400x400
>>77673345
but she never says that

also,
>that laser pattern
talk about a Predator Drone
>>
PREDATOR TARGETING LASER!
>>
>>77673370
The best episode (quality-wise) we've had so far is what happened.
>>
File: holup.jpg (189 KB, 800x532) Image search: [Google]
holup.jpg
189 KB, 800x532
JUST
>>
>>77673425
Livewire
>>
>>77673428
CTRL+f is your friend, anon
>>
>>77673450
SUPER
>>
>>77673259

But who has the better adoptive sister?
>>
>nuclear plasma talks
>>
>>77673502
Trish is best in all universes
>>
>>77673451
>>77673392
>Livewire
>interesting
Waifu-fags deluding themselves as usual.
>>
Lucy is a qt
>>
>>77673540
>I didn't watch the episode

Why are you even here?
>>
>>77673542
Too bad she's gonna get C U C K E D.
>>
>>77673573
Flash is gonna tap that long before Jimmy ever gets the chance.
>>
>>77672992

ALLAHU AKBAR!
>>
>>77673048
Why do you feel the need to do that? It doesn't matter.
>>
File: 572595.jpg (33 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
572595.jpg
33 KB, 400x400
>BOOM
>"earthquake?"
>>
>>77673567
Of course I didn't watch the episode. What retard willingly watches a TV show about Supergirl?
>>
>>77673567
>some slut with bleached hair goes crazy
>interesting
>>
>heat vision can't melt steel beams
>>
>>77673540
Except she wasn't a waifu moron. As for the episode in question it was good spec effects wise but they probably blew their entire budget for that episode so the show will likely be crappy cgi from here on in
>>
>>77673638

Then why are you here?
>>
>>77673652
>Except she wasn't a waifu moron.
You don't seem to understand what a waifu is.

>>77673673
I'm just baffled and slightly disgusted that people actually watch a show about Supergirl.
>>
They have psychic paper.
>>
>>77672992
Oh, I thought there was something else I was forgetting.
>>
>125 lbs per square foot
Smalltime
>>
File: 1407095820493.png (186 KB, 586x357) Image search: [Google]
1407095820493.png
186 KB, 586x357
>I want to do her
>>
>>77673066
God I want to see captain boomberang in more things just because of how silly he is. Did he ever appear in Flash?
>>
File: feeling inside.jpg (85 KB, 804x802) Image search: [Google]
feeling inside.jpg
85 KB, 804x802
>friendzone
>>
Is that time displaced Bruce Wayne?
>>
File: 1443769107793.jpg (52 KB, 640x566) Image search: [Google]
1443769107793.jpg
52 KB, 640x566
>learning all about this new planet...that, that, I'm also from
killin' it, Kara
>>
whos this little shit
>>
Why am I cringing every time Supergirl talks?
>>
>Hey kid, wanna /ss/?
>>
Kara really does like getting her ego stroked
>>
>>77673868
Toyman and Cat's kid seem super gay, dispite supposedly having a crush on Supergirl.
>>
>>77673985
Because for her entire existence, she's had no personality, so anytime she has to display an emotion, it comes off as forced.

That, and the actor is terrible.
>>
>>77673985
Because she drops so much spaghetti she needs a strainer.
>>
Kara is so fucking thirsty Christ
>>
File: 1443150451637.jpg (36 KB, 498x667) Image search: [Google]
1443150451637.jpg
36 KB, 498x667
>EM propulsion
>What is Japan
>>
>>77673767
IT'S YOU AGAIN!!!!!
>>
>clear the building
>cast exits stage right
>>
>>77674096

Everyone needs a drink at the fountain every now & then. Even Supergirl.
>>
>>77674046
She enjoys tricking people into thinking she's an actual character.
>>
>>77674057
And she has the most cliched lines for some reason. I can't even directly blame the writing because Cat got some decent ones last time.
>Kara
>Because I happened to get struck by fucking lightning at the same time I was saving someone's life and completely unforeseeable reactions happened, Livewire is my fault because being a hero is baaaddd
>Cat
>I created an environment where she was encouraged to be nasty and turned away as she became the monster I was trying to make. Livewire was my fault long before she got these powers.

It's like the worst writer alone is writing Kara's lines while competent people got to Cat or something.
>>
>>77673852
He was in the Arrow/Flash crossover. Cisco suggested the name "Kaboom Boomerang".
>>
That native american astronaut doesnt look too native american
>>
>>77674300
>Not Kaboomarang
>>
hahaha, code writing itself on Jimmy's screen
>>
>>77674249
It's hard to write dialogue for a character who has no defined character.
>>
>>77674322

A lot of natives are mixed.
>>
this show is so fucking bad. jesus christ...
>>
>>77674322
Didn't you know, anon? 1/128th counts as Native American

>>77674427
This is obviously one of the earlier episodes played out of order and it shows.
>>
>>77674387
that is cheating
>>
File: 184px-Mad_Bomber(80).png (86 KB, 184x254) Image search: [Google]
184px-Mad_Bomber(80).png
86 KB, 184x254
>>77672992
A Mad Bomber?
>>
>>77674427
It's a show about Supergirl. What did you expect?
>>
File: 1440536234451.jpg (23 KB, 259x383) Image search: [Google]
1440536234451.jpg
23 KB, 259x383
>Playing video games on those screens
>>
Wow /co/, its almost like pretty girls are insecure too!
>>
So basically Jimmy is a capechaser
>>
I was distracted by Gravity Falls. What have I missed so far?
>>
>>77674510
Someone is not reading.
>>
>>77674606
Lucy the hottie, Kara the nottie
>>
>>77674589

Everyone is insecure. Except sociopaths, they're confident.
>>
>>77674606
Bomb went off, another bomb went off, uh... Kara is watching Cat's little shit, everyone gets keked.
>>
>>77673767
>You don't seem to understand what a waifu is

Its just a character you want to fuck/marry/rape/etc don't even try to say otherwise
>>
>>77674589
Too many girls have low self-esteem, then men get blamed for it.
>>
>>77674646
Reading what, Supergirl's book?

Yeah, I totally want to read about her being bland AND needlessly angry. That sounds like so much fun it makes me want to strangle a kitten.
>>
So it's obvious to everyone else that Lord's just testing Supergirl by targeting himself, right?
>>
>>77672992
Let this be a lesson: Let the divorced father see his kids or he'll blow people up.
>>
>muh train
>muh gubbament
>>
>>77674804
Duh
>>
People complain about CW drama but I've never seen anything as bad as that break-up scene on there,
>>
Too much fucking drama in this episode
>>
>>77674995
This was made for CW, but they passed because Flash hadn't aired and they didn't want another show if it failed. They openly stated they regret passing it up.
>>
>>77673445
it was terrible! Supergirls mom was fucking terrible and made me finally drop the show completely
>>
>>77675189
Then why are you here now?
>>
>>77674336
>Expecting a good name when the bland as fuck name Captain Boomerang is inevitable
>>
Kid's thinking "Don't look down, don't look down."
>>
>>77675148
It was pitched, but the specifics only took place on CBS. And then again, they changed a lot from the early script.

>Winn was much more sarcastic and had two moms

>Henshaw was younger and dating Alex

>Cat had a Smithers-esque syncophant assistant named Toby

>Alex was much more antagonistic
>>
She doesn't even change her voice its fucking retarded that people can't tell its Kara
>>
So, comicbook people. What is the black guy?
>>
Superman woulda snapped his neck by now
>>
>>77675231
wondering how people are still watching this pile of shit
>>
File: bwahaha.jpg (12 KB, 204x207) Image search: [Google]
bwahaha.jpg
12 KB, 204x207
>>Winn was much more sarcastic and had two moms
so gay, then

the rest sounds pretty interesting, though
>>
>>77675444

Cyborg Superman
>>
>>77675444
In the comics he's Cyborg Superman. No idea just what they'll make him exactly in the show.

Jesus, I see why they had to postpone this episode.
>>
>>77675498
Looks like they made him cyborg superman
>>
>>77675488
Nope, still straight and crushing on Kara, but with a lesbian mom and a psycho dad.
>>
File: Untitledjk.png (742 KB, 1028x754) Image search: [Google]
Untitledjk.png
742 KB, 1028x754
>>77672992
Why didn't Kara use her superspeed to disarm the bomb?
>>
>settlers of CATan
POTTERY
>>
does Cat say "Kira" on purpose or is it just some weird accent im not hearing right
>>
>her legs
>>
>>77675679
She pretends to not know her name
>>
>>77675679

I don't know, but Kara & Cat should hook up.
>>
>ruse

>playing your cards this early
MAX NO
>>
Cat is tsudere for SUPERGIRL
>>
>>77675679
Snobby women in power do this on purpose to belittle employees and remind them they are nothing to her.
>>
>>77675810
Better chemistry then Kara and gay guy or Kara and black guy.
>>
>>77675844

not at all
>>
Red Tornadoe looked awful, will we at least get T. O. Marrow?
>>
>>77676047
Severely doubt it.
RT is now a military experiment.
>>
God this thread is dead
>>
TV didn't record the episode, what do people usually do when they want to watch these online?
>>
>>77676901
I usually wait a few hours then most streaming sites have them.
>>
that kid was a pervert
>>
>>77677844

Being 12-ish is like that.
>>
>>77676901
Stream it from torrents.
qbittorrent -> download sequentially -> preview
>>
>>77673846
I'll abide this lousy love triangle if it ends in Kara/Lucy...
>>
Just finished the episode.

I was expecting him to BECOME Cyborg Superman, but ALREADY BE Cyborg Superman? FUCK.

Has Death of Superman ALREADY HAPPENED in this universe? it HAS been 15 years since he started his career.
>>
I fucking hate this show, because it tries so hard to be feminist without ever delving into any real female empowerment. The entire way they characterize supergirl is counter to their foals. She's not supposed to be a derivative of Superman, yet she has knockoff equivalents of all of his villains, including a literal knockoff lex luthor (complete with the "testing" Lex did in Lois and Clark) being the big bad of the season?!

Supergirl can't be independent and feminist, because she's inherently derivative. She's SUPERGIRL. She IS a female version of Superman, end of story. You can't make an INHERENTLY, UNORIGINAL, DERIVATIVE and in many ways SEXIST CHARACTER a feminist icon. ESPECIALLY not with writing this "FEMINIST!" This entire show kind of reeks of male writers thinking the idea of a female superhero is cool rather than genuinely smart writing.
>>
>>77679341
>She's not supposed to be a derivative of Superman, yet she has knockoff equivalents of all of his villains, including a literal knockoff lex luthor (complete with the "testing" Lex did in Lois and Clark) being the big bad of the season?!

Like, this is the part that gets me the most. This is how you write a BORING AS FUCK SHOW. Supergirl deserves better than D Level Superman characters and knockoffs of A Level ones. Hell, Supergirl deserves better than to be Supergirl. Grinds my fucking gears. Why not make a show about a good female superhero? Where's a Zatanna show?
>>
The episodes are out of order. Last week Jimmy spent Thanksgiving with Lucy. This episode they get back together and act like she just arrived.

Also mentioned Supergirl beating Reaction just last week no mention of Livewire.
>>
>>77679341

Maxwell Lords is from DC comics and killed Blue Beetle. The main big bads of the season are the Kryptonian criminals and Kara's aunt.
>>
>>77679448
They were reordered after the Paris bombings.
>>
>>77679473
The comic character and the TV character are not the same. Maxwell Lord may exist in DC comics, but he's not obviously a Lex Luthor clone like he is in this show. They just altered him to be more like Lex BECAUSE SUPERGIRL. Honestly, it only proves my point more that they felt the need to change the character to be more like Lex in order to interact with Kara.
>>
>>77679448
Paris attacks
>>
They look to me like writers trying really hard to be feminist, but are still shitty writers so they do the exact same female tropes anyway.
>"She's not strong enough..."
>"Why? Because she's a GIRL??"
No, because she's already lost before, she's losing now, and you didn't tell the guy in charge about your secret plan which INVOLVES looking weak.
Likewise the fight plays out exactly like any other girl trope does. Despite being a kryptonian, she's getting her ass beat up and down and at the end she's screaming for her life in desperation until she barely makes the axe explode (which hurts the villain more than her for some reason).
If you wanted to change things up you can do it this way. She's physically stronger because she's kryptonian but far more inexperienced so the enemy keeps evading and hitting her. She just grits her teeth and takes the punishment until he gets sloppy and does the same pin down move only now that he's holding still she immediately grabs a hold of him and pins him to the ground. Then you spend the next episodes with her training in combat. But no, they go with the standard "Male villain is stronger, female protagonist is weaker but she's smart because that's what girls are" Only not, because she didn't come up with the plan at all, her sister and a scientist did.

Rest is pretty much the same, anytime something positive happens say girl power in some way. They write it as "She's strong despite being a girl" instead of "She's strong"
>>
>>77679597
>They write it as "She's strong despite being a girl" instead of "She's strong"

I haven't watched this week's episode yet so maybe it's changed but I thought they got away from that a little in the later ones. Like as cringey as it was, Cat Grant shitting on her for being a millennial and Kara not wanting Clark to save her every time had nothing to do with gender at all. If they were trying as hard as you say I think they would have forced it in there.
>>
>>77679597
Worst one was probably last week, when an ugly alien prisoner breaks it's restraints, flings the two guards clear into walls probably hospitalizing them, supergirl fights it with difficulty and manages to bring it down.
>"He was pretty tough"
>"She."
>"Ah, respect."

That's the feminism in this show, you can be a straight up convict, but if you have eggs you get respect points.
>>
>>77679658
Recently I've only seen the LiveWire episode and Cat was actually pretty great in that one.
>>
>>77679849
I think you're stretching that a little if you think it was meant to be feminist. The point of that scene was to reinforce the awkward, timid Kara characterization by having her fail at making a joke. I didn't see it as her legitimately giving props to the monster for being female at least.

>>77679864
Yeah she's been mostly fine. Just that Reactron one felt a little much. Like they wanted to tackle the legacy thing but it was pretty awkward to go into "you kids these days..." shit with it.
>>
>>77679990
Yeah maybe, though it does feel in character for the show. Like going on a huge rant about how "Supergirl" is just fine and if you have a problem it's your fault. The problem is that she wants her own 'Superman' but 'girl' outright says 'younger and less experienced'. They could have just left it alone since anyone can guess it's just the name of the character and they aged her up from the comics, but they had to do an entire rant to justify the name.
>What about me? I'm a 'girl' too!
People would call you a 'woman' in exactly the same way any CEO would consider 'boy' an insult.
But I do agree I might be overly biased from the early episodes and not enough of the recent ones.
>>
>>77680164
>But I do agree I might be overly biased from the early episodes and not enough of the recent ones.

Can't really blame you though. It was pretty warranted and even absent that particular intensity of heavy-handedness it's not a particularly good program anyway.
>>
When is Jimmy gonna dump Lucy for Kara?
Just hook them up and get it over with already.
>>
>>77680710
can't Super Cousin has FORBIDDEN. Unless Jimmy wants to live on the moon.

Though light mocha super cutie from the future would be nice.
>>
>>77680710
That's some finale level plot you are asking for, anon
>>
>>77680710
This.
Have them fuck so we can move on to a different plot point please.
>>
>>77680878
Thread replies: 142
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.