[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How did they not know that he was He-Man?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 8
File: shot0001.jpg (37 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
shot0001.jpg
37 KB, 512x384
How did they not know that he was He-Man?
>>
MAGIC
>>
>>77668616
You just showed Adam with one of the ones who do know.
>>
>>77668682
but teela and the king didn't know. he had the same fucking hair and face
>>
>>77668719
but Prince Adam wears pink! PINK!

Would a butch macho man like He-Man wear something so gay?
>>
File: Clark_kent.jpg (17 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
Clark_kent.jpg
17 KB, 400x400
How did they not know he was Bruce Wayne?
>>
>>77668616
Even his dick transforms through magic, so Man-at-Hole couldn't recognise him.

>>77668719
Lots of people have got the same hair and face, it doesn't mean one of them magically transforms into the other.
>>
>>77668765
Also, He-Man is tanned. Prince Adam has a fairer complexion. They clearly can't be the same person.
>>
>>77668799
Clark Kent is Bruce Wayne?
>>
>>77668616
His cat puts on a mask
It's foolproof
>>
>>77668868
HURRR I DON'T KNOW, WHY IS HE NEVER AROUND WHEN BRUCE WAYNE IS AROUND? MUST BE A COINCIDENCE DURRRR
>>
>>77668868
Well, they look the same.
>>
>>77668616
Transformation isn't exactly common, you know. Adam had a very real problem in that everyone thought he was a coward, and no one really gave a shit about him when He-man showed up.

The larger problem is that he logistically can't be in two places at once, so He-man is noticeably absent from important functions, or Adam is. There were really 2 weird things about the whole situation, the first being that he didn't just stay He-man all the time, and the other being that a secret identity is only really necessary when your alter ego isn't a target. Given that Prince Adam is always getting in to shit by virtue of being the prince, its not like Skeletor is going to attack his family if he knows who he is in his off time.
>>
Naaah i'm kidding, who can get enough of that guy ?
>>
>>77668616
I like how they fixed this (at least partially) in the remake.
>>
>>77668868
No, Bruce Wayne is a robot.
>>
>>77669112
>the first being that he didn't just stay He-man all the time
If I remember well, in the comics that was the case, He-Man was He-Man all the time. The Prince Adam secret identity thing was added later.
>>
>>77669244
No man he is an ape. I mean wait, he is a machine, YOU ARE TRYING TO MESS ME UP ON PURPOSE
>>
>>77668616
What are you talking about? He-man doesn't even have a mustache.
>>
He-Man doesn't have secret identity anymore. Everyone knows now that Adam is He-Man. The secret identity never worked at He-Man's case and added drama where it didn't need to, simply because Adam as ruler and leader of his people and his world is much bigger target than He-Man could ever be
>>
>>77668616
lol like just cause a guy looks exactly like another guy they're the same person right

never seen someone who looks like you OP

like muthafuckin Clark Kent is Superman too or some shit huh
>>
>>77669680
I thought the main target was castle greyskull.
>>
>>77669712
Not only the Castle. Skeletor is Adam's uncle and he sworn revenge against Randor's family.
>>
>>77669712
It was in 2003. The 80's had more of that vague motivation shit going on where sometimes they would be fucking with the royal family, sometimes a village of weird sounding fuckers who had a secret treasure/power, sometimes fucking with He-man just because.

My favorite episode involves Man-at-arms taking a proverbial bullet for King Randor (fired by Skeletor) and getting turned in to crystal, and then He-man and Teela have to travel past some Ice Trolls to find a dragon that can reverse the curse, only to have the dragon tell them to go chop down an ancient tree with a face or get sent to hell, except it turns out the ancient tree with a face actually talks and He-man decides not to murder it, so he goes back, says "You know what, I'm not murdering that tree. Send me to hell." and the dragon is so impressed that he's going to go through with it that he gives him the cure anyway.

Man I miss those days, when adventure cartoons were just these bizarre adventures and not sitting around crying about feelings and shit.
>>
cause he PRAYS
>>
>>77668616
They were characters in He-Man that's how. They were all worried about their sexuality.
>>
File: 2+2.jpg (26 KB, 483x465) Image search: [Google]
2+2.jpg
26 KB, 483x465
Batman is probably a robot, think about it

>uses advanced technology with 100% efficiency
>has no family, the mob cant intimidate him and nobody has outed him
>stronger than any human, has never been beaten in a melee fight even by big guys
>doesnt need to eat or sleep as far as anybody knows
>walks through stuff like joker laugh gas and isnt affected
>>
>>77670121
More likely Alfred is a robot. A.I.Fred designed by Waynetech to take care of him after his parents died. That's why an ex special ops decides to be a butler, why he never ages along with Bruce or dies, and why he's so efficient at combat.
>>
>>77670058
OH MY GOD DO I PRAY
>>
>>77669856
>Get past the ice trolls to find a dragon that can undo a curse
>He tells you to murder an ancient dryad to gain his favor or get sent to hell

Not gonna lie, that sounds metal as fuck.
>>
>>77672520
MYAH

>>77672627
The aside from the cheesy 80's kids cartoon atitude, concepts and scenarios from he-man are pretty fucking metal.

Techno-barbarians with magic shit and a bunch of monsters.
>>
>>77668765

Pink was once a manly color.
>>
>>77669112
>a secret identity

Hey, they were already stealing the Captain Marvel transformations shtick...
>>
File: m_gift07_full.jpg (86 KB, 568x737) Image search: [Google]
m_gift07_full.jpg
86 KB, 568x737
>>77672627
Granamyr is the most badass dragon ever!
>>
File: nimkKOK.gif (860 KB, 260x195) Image search: [Google]
nimkKOK.gif
860 KB, 260x195
I literally cannot remember a single damn thing from the He-Man cartoon aside from I HAVE THE POOOOWEEEEERRRR and the names of characters and places

everything else I try to summon is replaced with 4 Non Blondes
>>
File: tumblr_n8bk7uuG4z1s38z9fo1_1280.jpg (330 KB, 680x1000) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n8bk7uuG4z1s38z9fo1_1280.jpg
330 KB, 680x1000
How did no one know that they were the pizza deliverers?
Because Animaloids have a design flaw in their ability to recognize identities.
>>
>>77669341
They actually wanted to remove the transformation from He-Man in that 90s sequel, but it was too popular to be removed.
>>
>>77668868
Clark Kent is Matches Malone
>>
>>77674753
They could have kept the transformation and dropped the secret identity.
>>
>>77675360
This is exactly what they have done with the DC comics. They dropped the secret identity and kept the transformation. Basically "He-Man" is only a title not a person.
>>
>>77674288
Probably the inspiration was Superman/Clark though. The writers grew up on a time when Superman was bigger than Jesus so, like most writers working on kids properties, they thought kids want the same thing they did on their childhood
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.