[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Have you ever had to stop reading a comic because the art is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5
File: 0809-clonewarsadvs2b[1].jpg (327 KB, 585x861) Image search: [Google]
0809-clonewarsadvs2b[1].jpg
327 KB, 585x861
Have you ever had to stop reading a comic because the art is so bad, despite really liking the characters, setting or story?
>>
ewing mighty avengers
>>
>>77661429
I want to say squirrel girl but I actually never even started reading it.
>>
Alan Moore's Supreme. Someday I'll try to finish it. Heard the art gets good in the second half or so.
>>
>>77661446
It gets posted here every day. If you visit /co/ with any regularity you've probably read more panels than the average comic book reader.
>>
>>77661464
Oh man, I know what you're talking about, stomaching the art was so worth it though (even if the run itself is unfinished)
>>
>>77661470
yeah, I mean I have seen it a lot here during storytimes but I actually have never read it, I just see the pictures
>>
File: tumblr_neca17n0H41tz1os5o5_1280.jpg (205 KB, 640x661) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_neca17n0H41tz1os5o5_1280.jpg
205 KB, 640x661
This art in Sandman annoyed the fuck out of me.
>>
File: 1447167129722.jpg (161 KB, 600x849) Image search: [Google]
1447167129722.jpg
161 KB, 600x849
>>77661429
No.
Art is the last reason why should drop a series; if everything else is really good then you will find yourself not even paying attention to the art after a while
>>
>>77661499
I came here to say Sandman.
>>
>>77661429
Morrison's X-Men.
>>
>>77661487
Didn't Larsen draw the remaining Moore issues before doing his own run in 2012? Or was there something else, I remember something about a mini.
>>
>>77661510
Sometimes it gets to where I can't even tell whats going on. Like I tried to catch up on the attack on titan manga and just goddamn. Everyone looks the same and has the same expression, and I would have no idea whats happening if not for the golden age style narration.
>>
>>77661429
no. if the art is ultra shitty I don't even start reading it, unless its for comedy (like whom the god destroy) on pic related, stories love to play up "leave all your stuff" but if you have no money your family will be dead or as whores wherever they end up at
>>
>>77661510
It depends. Some comics with shit art know they have shit art and go out of their way to explain things clearly in the dialogue or with extra narration, so even with the art being bad it's still readable. However if a comic uses its art to tell a large part of the story and it's so bad you can't even understand what's happening then I'll drop it for sure.
>>
>>77661540
Yes, Larsen came up with his own ending to Moore's run, it was fucking godawful and he completely missed the point of Moore's story only because he wanted to bring back Liefeld's original Supreme.
>>
>>77661510
One's art is bad, but it's not visually unappealing. It has heart.
>>
>>77661429
Dark knight returns and it's sequels.

I've always wanted to read it but the art is just so god damn jarring.

Had to wait for the cartoon and I loved it. And I really wish the art wasn't so bloody ugly so I could read the sequels.
>>
>>77661510
>The Angel Densetsu experience

KIIII
>>
>>77661841
Shaking my head, family. The visual storytelling in DKR is one of the main reasons why it's so lauded.
>>
File: angel-densetsu-273798.jpg (133 KB, 1200x946) Image search: [Google]
angel-densetsu-273798.jpg
133 KB, 1200x946
>>77661939
You didn't drop it, did you Anon?
>>
Always hated Adlard's art on The Walking Dead - I can't fucking tell one character from another.
>>
>>77662404
Is that a fucking desaturated photograph for a background?
>>
>>77661429
Silly space black guy, no matter how much you squint you will never be space asian.
>>
I was a huge fan of the original G.I. Joe series as a kid, but I dropped it in the early 90s because M.D. Bright's artwork got lazier and lazier.

I was really pissed when I picked up Icon a few years later and saw how much better his work was when he really put effort into it.
>>
>>77661429
>That crowd shot

Jesus christ.
>>
>>77661510
I'm not sure if ONE is a fair example. His art is usually very basic, but his paneling is good. And he's quite good at conveying what's happening in a scene. I would rather read original OPM or MP100 than read some of the other examples posted ITT.
>>
>>77661685
Hes good at panelling i'll give him that. Though i am glad he is now paying someone else to draw the manga.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.