[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
It was alright The last 20 minutes were strong, better than
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 7
File: Batman_Arkham_Knight-coverart.jpg (147 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
Batman_Arkham_Knight-coverart.jpg
147 KB, 960x960
It was alright

The last 20 minutes were strong, better than any of the previous games in terms of the quality of the scenes involving the climax of the story
>>
Yeah, it was okay, but what the fuck was up with that ending with the scare gas batman
>>
>>77639525
too much point A to point B for my taste and the battank is annoying.
>>
>no final battle between scarecrow battletank mk ll and batmobile
2/10 it was shit
>>
>>77639525
It was okay.

You better believe I got a refund though. Fuck the PC version of this piece of shit.
>>
>>77639534
>Joker takes over Batman's mind (when he snaps by snapping his neck)
>Joker is "immune" to the fear toxin because he seemingly has no fears
>Batman fights to regain control of his mind by discovering Jokers fear

It was good
>>
File: arkham-knight5.jpg (63 KB, 837x457) Image search: [Google]
arkham-knight5.jpg
63 KB, 837x457
who the fuck is this?
>>
>>77639691
A bad ending.
>>
>>77639691
Red Batman.
>>
>>77639691
Someone using fear gas on criminals. Kinda scummy if you ask me.
>>
>>77639723
Well it's kinda appropriate, the aim was to get rid of Batman, however Batman noted to Catwoman after the riddler mission that something worse would just take his place. And so it did. The underworld sort of brought it upon themselves.
>>
>>77639723
Whoever it is, it's not Bruce. As you said, fear gas.
Now is it Dick, Jason, Azrael, Avatar of Fear? Who the fuck knows.
>>
>>77639525
>Batman magically beats a prion disease based on willpower alone
fuck this gay shit.
>>
>>77639525
7/10 - Too much Joker

And at this point, any amount of Joker is too much Joker.
>>
File: 1447578761114.png (25 KB, 375x325) Image search: [Google]
1447578761114.png
25 KB, 375x325
>Give Joker a great send off in City
>decide to shove him in everyone's face in Origin's and Knight anyway
>Robin wasted on some dumb Joker disease section of the game
>Fear gas from Asylum, the kind that sent Batman to terrifying worlds where Crane was in control, was "improved" and now brings out Batman's greatest fear: Joker occasionally sitting on top of buildings
>Lazurus Pits exist in this universe yet they went with Joker again so the title Arkham Knight made sense
>Final Battle with Scarecrow in the abandoned asylum is replaced with Joker of Duty: Modern Laughter

The worst part about it all is that Mark Hamill is the best thing in the game.
>>
>>77639799
>omg they just willpowered their way through something that absolutely rejiggers your brain chemistry

It's standard fare in this kind of medium, doesn't make it less bullshit though. Shit happens with every hero or villain when some kind of psychic fuckery or chemical-based mind altering substance is used and they can't think of a way to properly counter these without an appropriate asspull.

It's lazy writing, but it's a pretty hard "Fuck you, I win." condition if it doesn't get resolved.
>>
>>77639946
you have no idea what prions are of what they do to a brain, do you?
they do not alter brain chemistry, it is not mind altering. it is not on par with "psychic fuckery" that you are fighting off.
Prions are a specialized kind of protein that eats holes in your brain.
Kuru was a prion disease. Mad cow disease is a prion disease. it is a quasi-living infectious agent the body can not fight off that consumes the actual physical matter of the brain.
anyone with a prion condition WILL DIE from that condition.
there is no excuse to use it in any medium, because treating it like they did just proves their extreme ignorance and lack of writing ability, and using it properly it is an undeniable death sentence.
>>
>>77639757
Batman will return , he always does
>>
>>77639936
>>77639839
The joker stuff was the best, could listen to him for hours
>>
>>77639525
I liked it. It wasn't as good as City though.
>>
>>77639525
And then Tim married Babs.
Fucking why?
>>
>>77640004

I was talking about anything related to mind control or alteration being powered through by simple willpower being a bullshit copout.
>>
I honestly never got around to finishing it. It felt like so many wasted opportunities and without even being spoiled who AK was at first they made it so goddamn obvious that they might as well have had a neon sign pointing at him the entire time from his first appearance.

It just kinda shows how afraid WB is of actually making a Batman story that doesn't revolve around Joker because honestly if you remove Joker (the actual character, not his affect on the world such as the Titan Joker Labrats and stuff) it would've come off as more scary and unnerving but nope.

I will say though on a technical level (not counting PC cuz that game is busted) that I really did like the nice touches of having the statues/billboards shift to be Joker faces at one glance and then normal again. I thought that was neat.

Imagine if the whole game was like that and you actually never saw Joker? That'd be creepy as fuck.
>>
>>77640107
you're right, you did. i read your reply to quickly, and misconstrued your point
>>
>>77640046
Because he was Robin.
>>
File: dating profile.jpg (229 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
dating profile.jpg
229 KB, 1280x720
>>77639525
Only interesting thing about the game was Joker again. Batman is literally a nobody without his clown nemesis.
>>
>>77639691
A lot theorize that Wayne survived and started using fear gas on criminals.

Personally, I like the theory it might be the Scarecrow himself. He gets a massive dose of fear toxin at the end of the main campaign and sees Bats. (and what he does) as the ultimate fear inducer out there. He takes up being a new Batman to continue to strike fear into Gotham.
>>
>>77640192

I say it's Azrael. After all that shit with the hologram fights he's just like "Nah fuck that" and fear gasses people.
>>
So what was the "PC issues we can't fix" BS that Rocksteady was talking about?

It's not like we are dealing with different architecture here, the PC should be completely viable.
>>
>>77640118

It's cool, just glad that you outlined your point about prions since I had no idea about the extent of their effects and how it wouldn't make sense how it affected those who were infected. I was just rolling my eyes when it became another "willpower trumps all" solution, but this is a setting where a guy can turn into a clay monster and where glowing pools of piss can keep people alive for centuries so I suspended my disbelief a bit.

I agree that trying to introduce facts into a setting this ridiculous only writes them into a hole and makes things only make less sense.
>>
>>77640192
A lot depends on the forthcoming Catwoman and Robin story DLC.

Nightwing's seemed really odd. He's quite jovial and Fox seems to be in a great mood. Kinda implies they both know Bruce survived.
>>
How's the gameplay in this? Got it as a present from a friend, haven't played it yet.

>tfw I loved MGSV a lot just because of the gameplay, I don't care much about the story
>>
>>77640615
Mostly shit because of all the batmobile stuff

Side missions aren't great either
>>
>>77639525
You get your refund yet?
>>
The weird but is the AK should have been Prometheus instead. You can still have the militia, his knowledge of Batman could stem from years of watching him, and the mystery would be discovering the way his parents died similar to the Waynes. But again the AK should have been a breakout original character like a Harley was back in the day. It beats this watered down Red Hood shit
>>
>>77640813
Rocksteady flat out lied with this original character bullshit
>>
>>77640860
Which I'm ok with Red Hood being the main antagonist, just don't feed us bullshit saying its OC. Did WB get their paws on Rocksteady and fuck things up? Who knows. But granted, they are trying to listen to their fans with dlc. I just pray season of infamy is longer than the other stuff being cranked out
>>
>>77640932
I just wish they didn't make it so obvious or bring Jason out of know where then lie
>>
>>77639691
Bane?
>>
>>77640978

You know what would've been a good ass twist? Keep AK who it was. But instead of them being that person it was pic related instead.

No one woulda saw that shit coming.
>>
I wonder if anyone on /co/ has played all 4 Arkham solely to collect every Riddler Trophy

Because that is the real challenge and adventure. Its takes someone up to 3 days to collect every single trophy in Arkham City
>>
>>77641138

I did in every game but this one because they fucking saddled all of the lame Batmobile shit with the Riddler Trophies and while Catwoman is hot fuck that she's not worth all this.
>>
>>77641138
Riddler = Post-game boss
>>
>>77640615
If you finished it then read the spoiler

David Hayder/Soild snake,
Kills Venom Snake, the main character in MGSV, and Big Boss. Solid kills Big boss with a lighter and a deodorant spray can
>>
>>77641098
Who the fuck is that?
>>
>>77641347
Stephanie.
>>
>>77641373
explain I'm not big on all the Robins. Would've been better if after beating AK Jason was actually Clayface
>>
>>77641183
You can save Catwoman without collecting all the Riddler trophies. Although, you can't actually fight the Riddler without collecting all of them. Which stinks, cause Riddler was the only actual bossfight without the Batmobile.
>>
File: 1447788938558.webm (3 MB, 394x700) Image search: [Google]
1447788938558.webm
3 MB, 394x700
>>
>>77641404
Stephanie Brown is daughter of villain, names herself Spoiler to "spoil" his schemes, becomes Robin, gets pregnant, gives birth, dies during War Games only to be revealed that she was alive and became Batgirl. Used to be paired with Tim Drake.
>>
Gotham felt tiny, could glide over an island pretty quickly
>>
Wow, thanks for your insightful blog post. Fucking retard.
>>
File: TRIBUTE.jpg (64 KB, 1000x980) Image search: [Google]
TRIBUTE.jpg
64 KB, 1000x980
>>77641055
>game mentions Bane is a vigilante in Santa Prisca
>he was training to come back and cover for Batman
It's all so obvious now
>>
>>77643398
Bane died in those prequel comics nobody reads apparently.
>>
>>77639525
I was upset with the fact Arkham Knight is just Jason Todd. Everyone knew it , but it still pisses me off that DC is forcing this shitty character so hard that it's desperate.
>>
>>77639525
>build up scare crow in the trailers
>doesn't even have a nightmare setpiece
what the fuck rocksteady
>>
>>77641671
Only good thing about the PC version.
>>
>>77643909
I was hoping Todd was a red herring and the Knight would've been someone new.
>>
Was anyone expecting the Knightfall Protocol to be something to do with either Dick or Azrael taking over as Batman?

"Knightfall." Why would you use that name when writing a Batman story unless you were referring back to the actual Knightfall storyline.
>>
>>77643548
The Tomasi ones?
Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.