[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
can someone for the love of god tell me why this is so popular
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
can someone for the love of god tell me why this is so popular
>>
>>77616301
When I was younger I'd jerk it to the chubby mermaid
>>
>>77616301
Is it? Never heard of it.
>>
Pretty decent music and i guess it's funny to most people. Also people love weeb shit. I enjoy it though
>>
>>77616301
All of the teasing is one factor.
>>
>>77616480
Same. What the fuck is this?
>>
Pretty good animation.
I'd rather the guy make this than nuts vs. guts.
And this is popular? Really?
>>
>>77616301
....is it? I've never heard anyone mention at all. Also this >>77616435
>>
>>77619395
>I'd rather the guy
>guy
>>
>>77616301
I can't quite put my finger on it. The art style isn't great, the plot is overly convoluted, the characters are weeby as fuck, You can really see his perversions through the art, The animation is average at best, Everything feels like something a 14 year old would make and yet there's a certain charm to it that makes me want to watch every episode. The music can be pretty decent as well.
>>
Fetish material and basically nothing but fights and nonsensical powers. In other words, it's anime without the boring talking parts.

>>77620655
It's a bit of a secret that kids/young teenagers don't care so much for how good something looks. It's why crap art like Megatokyo or the sprite comics of olde were so popular.
>>
>>77620655
>weeby as fuck
You use this as an insult, clearly.

But not even you know why you began to hate anything for being this made up term. You're a follower and not a leader, this is for sure.
>>
this is popular? I only know of it from that one music video. But fuck i want to fuck that chubby mermaid
>>
>>77621450
I dislike weeby stuff because anime and manga have become a self perpetuating genre. Over time they've felt very hackneed and cliche as the younger generations tend to create IPs that are based off of Old IPs. Because of that, the characters feel even more detached from reality because they feel less like something taken from life and made fantastic it feels like something fantastic and made even more fantastic. When I criticize something for being "weeby" I mean to say that it is written like someone writing a character or a story that feels like the creator was literally just watching an anime and basing their series on that. It's just a turn-off for me, as someone who grew up with anime and manga. That being said, there's plenty of anime and manga I'd consider "cliche" and "weeby" that I still enjoy because I grew up with that kinda stuff and it gives me a familiar nostalgic feeling.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.