[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Opinions on this show? 3/10 for me Good villian, mediocre
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 13
Opinions on this show?

3/10 for me

Good villian, mediocre plot, lame side characters, terrible lead actrees
>>
We already have Jessica Jones thread, we don't need one just for your shitty opinion.
>>
>>77616024
Shut the fuck up
>>
>>77616077

we have a ''lets watch this'' thread, not one with just the opinions on the show overall
>>
>not enough luke
>not enough mind control
>nothing likable or redeemable about jessica
>give me a red was kind of hype though

the way they marketed the show was it would be super mindfucky but it was a whole lot of sitting around with no plot progression more than anything else.
seriously who the fuck cared about that lesbian divorce?
>>
She's not attractive to me.
>>
Best rating and review so far. This show is really bad.
>>
>>77616173
>nothing likable or redeemable about Jessica
I thought people liked comics accuracy in other media
>>
>mediocre plot
it was better than Daredevil's plot by a mile
>>
Tumblr-tier bullshit. Makes me worry for the next season of Daredevil; if they're going to inject this SJW/feminist horseshit.
>>
>>77617499
/pol/ please. Not being overtly sexist/racist doesn't make something SJW.
>>
>>77616024
Earplugs don't exist in the MCU / 10

I'm watching AKA 1,000 Cuts now and it's just unbearably stupid.
>>
8/10.

It was pretty good all the way around but some characters like the twin neighbors were unbearable and it took a long-ass time for the lesbian love triangle subplot to feel necessary.
>>
>>77616024

At the end of episode 5, kinda feels like nothing has progressed in terms of the main plot. I agree with most people who say the lesbian divorce thing is beyond forced and it literally has no purpose in the story nor does it add anything of value
>>
>>77617814
was the girl twin supposed to be comic relief or what? because she was just sort of there being awkward and I didn't know how they intended me to feel.
like when she calls hope tablecloth girl, was that supposed to lighten the situation up?
>>
I heard some spoiler shit about the ending that makes me not even wanna watch it.

What kind of a pussy Purple Man is this?
>>
>>77617767
>Earplugs don't exist in the MCU / 10
Earplugs don't completely block out sound, retard.
>>
>>77617880
I have no idea what her purpose was and she is now #1 on my list of worst MCU characters.
>>
>>77617924
but the question is...would you?
>>
I liked it. My favorite aspect is the fact that JJ is a physical hero, but her super strength isn't really important to the story. Like, for the majority of the show she uses her investigative abilities to take down Kilgrave. Kind of annoyed though because JJ literally could have taken out Kilgrave at least five times throughout the show, but because of retards like Nuke, Robin, and Jeri, Kilgrave is able to escape, leading to unnecessary death. Like, I know some people saw the show as being pro-killing villains, but JJ could have easily defeated Kilgrave without needing to resort to killing him. If at all, the show defended heroes keeping a secret identity, because, with the exception of Trish and Malcolm, every person that knows about JJ's secret ends up just getting in her way and making things worse.

Also

>tfw finale doesnt have jj wearing her jewel costume and flying
>tfw no daredevil holding off a mind controlled mob
>>
Good show so far, only 3 episodes in.

Not as good as Daredevil or Winter Soldier, but better than most Marvel stuff.
>>
>>77617729
No but having a shit plot with shit characters that who are being used because they fill a fem-approved archetype makes it SJW. Luke and Purps were the only decent part of this season.
>>
>>77617891
A good pair of earplugs can deaden sound enough to make someone talking difficult or impossible to understand. Even a halfway pair of headphones and loud music would do the trick. A broken goddamn jaw would solve the problem.
>>
>>77617833
that first lesbian kiss was forced as hell to, a lot of their scenes were
>>
Jessica of Murder. Solid 6/10 for me.

I'm more into actiony shows so this didn't hit the right buttons for me but it wasn't bad.
>>
>>77616024
>Good villian
He's somehow even more boring than Mikkelsen's Lecter, I thought it's not possible.
>>
Is Nuke a cyborg?
>>
>>77617888
Can someone confirm this? Cause if he does what the spoilers are saying that is super fucking weak and I don't even wanna waste my time.
>>
>>77618095
>>77617888
what were the spoilers heard?

he is as active, as bad, as rough as a psycho with mind control powers would be
>>
>>77616024
Boring as fuck
>>
>>77618145
He kills himself like a straight bitch.[\spoiler]
>>
>>77618167
That's what the lawyer says. But he doesn't.
>>
Just starting it and so far it's slightly better than Daredevil, but as Daredevil was, you know, trash, it's not particularly good. It already feels poorly structured second episode in. The cussing and dialogue in general is really awkward and half the time it's like they want to keep true to the source material but are afraid to actually be gritty about it, in case it might turn people off, so they have everything be very sanitized. It's just superficially dark, without having the balls to be genuinely so. Like, you know how she goes up the stairs and breaks through the door's chai and chokes one of the twins just because they were making too much noise and it was pissing her off? That should be a rather dark moment, make her slightly unlikabke, but instead it feels as if you were to cheer for Jessica/think she was cool, and then you have the guy shown to be without any pants, in his underwear like maybe it was meant to be comedic, somehow? The tone is all over the place.

But at least it doesn't actively piss me off yet, it's just kinda boring. If it weren't for Tenant as Purple Man I probably wouldn't even bother going on.
>>
>>77618167
Not true.
>>
>>77617969
I thought it was pretty obvious this show had like no budget. Like there were a ton of times Jessica could've jumped but they just didn't do it, all her powers consisted of was opening doors.
>>
>>77618167
no nigga, don't be a dingus
>>
I will never understand Marvel's anti-smoking policy because I don't get why they are so opposed to showing smoking but have no problems letting their heroes get completely wasted on booze in every scene.
>>
>>77618167
in reality, he didn't kill himself, the matrix made him do it. His hacking in the mainframe was too much for the machines to handle so they sent in a squad of agent to erase his code and return everything to normal.

The phrase "he killed himself like a bitch" is codewode to the resistance to identify themselves to each other

nobody else has any idea what that phrase means
>>
>>77616024
>People think DD is good but this is bad
Literal sexism.
>Boring side characters
Better than the mexican woman and Karen Page
>Mediocre plot
Better than the mexican woman and Karen Page
>>
>No teenaged Jessica masturbation scene

0/10 it's shit.
>>
>>77618228
Liver failure is a lifestyle choice, nicotine dependence is an addiction. Duh.
>>
>>77618308
So, no Charizard?
>>
>>77618035
That was so hamfisted. Frankly, a lot of what they do in the series just leaves me baffled, structually speaking. The way they just awkwardly dump this shit on you feels like you're actually missing scenes that came before due to the weird lack of context.
>>
>>77618091
Yep.
>>
>>77618333
not only that the entire thing is badly filmed, it constantly looks like it belongs on the CW
>>
>>77618212
I found it pretty hilarious how a super strong woman like Jessica had trouble handling the kidnapped girl.
>>
>>77616093
looks like shill thread is getting angry
>>
>>77618010
Killgraves powers have both a verbal and pheromonic component, a gas mask with a good filter would suffice. He can be rendered completely powerless by a trip to a hardware store.
>>
>>77616263
No one ever gave a shit about her comics either. Why this show exists blows my fucking mind
>>
So does she get pregnant or are they just dropping the most defining trait of her character?
>>
>>77618363
Her super strength seems to come and go as the plot demands. For being able to punch someone so hard they just die the people she's fighting tend to get up for round two (and three) really often.
>>
>>77618361
Even CW looks good compared to this. This looked worse than Supergirl, and that show has some super awkward use of CGI.
>>
>>77617453
Thats the dumbest thing ive seen on /co all day
>>
>>77618410
Bendis.
>>
>>77618267

OP here, I didn't like DD that much but this show was so mediocre that made me apreciate what we got with Daredevil.

The Flash is still the very best by far
>>
>>77618439
Fuck bendis. The man is single handedly ruining every comic he touches.
>>
>>77618417
I like to think it's because she's afraid of accidentally killing a person or heavily injuring them, so she purposely doesn't use super strength when fighting.
>>
>>77618410
Because Bendis is part of the MCU Creative Comitee.
>>
>>77618438
DD's entire season revolved around a super convoluted gentrification master plan. The Purple Man tormenting Jessica is automatically better.
>>
>>77618472
He's crashing Marvel with no survivors.
>>
File: Press Button.jpg (56 KB, 917x570) Image search: [Google]
Press Button.jpg
56 KB, 917x570
>>77618397
For two thirds of the series I just kept picturing this scene over and over.

I think the Kilgrave plot could have been a good 2-3 episode arc, but dragging it on for 13 episodes forced the characters to be pants on head retarded so that it didn't wrap up too quickly.

Especially since there's really only one way that a story about a guy with almost absolute mind control powers can end that doesn't turn into an Arkham Asylum style revolving door story.
>>
>>77618167

he was killed like a fucking idiot I can tell you that much, you will see it coming
>>
>>77618212
In that one scene where she was going to the top of the bridge, I expected her to jump all the way up there, but she just opens the door and climbs all the way up? Surely jumping would've been faster.
>>
>>77618472
After Powers, you could bet your ass that he'll push Marvel for Alias.
>>
>>77616024
>Good villian, mediocre plot, lame side characters, terrible lead actrees

So just like Daredevil?
>>
>>77617891
His powers are actually a virus :^)
>>
>>77618493
So....what MCU "heroes" aren't murderers? I'm pretty sure every one of them has killed someone.
>>
>>77618527
yes

But even DD did a lot of stuff better
>>
>>77618546

Vision killed a robot, so I guess him
>>
>>77618554
this is fucking awful, everyone is bad and the sex is seriously just there as a filler

Also the main problem is mind rape?

this would be good as a novel maybe but having it be a show is just terrible. DareDevil had fight scenes and character growth, this is just edgy and trying to make Marvels Joker
>>
Do they ever explain the origin of JJ's powers in the show?
>>
>>77618649
Yeah Killgraves semen gave her powers
>>
>>77618629

it has fight scenes too, but terrible ones
>>
>>77618649
Alcohol gives her powers

Government program to use ethanol to recreate the super solider serum. Jessica was a success but works like a battery. Needs to recharge before being able to use it.

Informed her adoptive mother so she would grow up into a lifestyle that would encourage a life of alcoholism
>>
So it goes without saying that there needs to be AT LEAST 2 scenes of Danny Rand teaching everyone kung fu right? They can't just stay throwing fists like that without doing shit properly
>>
When does Nuke have his red scene and when is the DD cameo?

I heard they happened but I don't want to watch the show.

Also, anything else hype happen?
>>
>>77618546

>killing someone in self defense or in defense of the public is murder

also Daredevil, wasn't that the whole point?
>>
>>77618880
episode 3 is when nuke has his first red scene

no DD cameo, just night nurse
>>
>>77618448
>Flash is better than this or DD
Oh, so you just have fucking shit taste, alright
>>
>>77618960
Any other Nuke scenes worth watching?
>>
>>77618880
>>77618960
It isn't until episode eleven that anything that can't be explained by eight years of SOC experience and being mind controlled and/or batshit happens.
>>
>>77619004
Daredevil is hardly the epitome of good capeshit TV.
>>
>>77618940
That doesn't make it okay. They are suppose to be heroes.

Forget the morals aspect it's just lazy writing to kill the villains.

Fox is the only one that doesn't outright murder all their bad guys, which is ironic considering the Xmen usually do.
>>
>>77619107
>It doesn't make them okay to kill people, they're supposed to be heroes, and despite the show actively confronting these ideas and dealing with them properly I'm going to bitch because I haven't actually seen it.
>>
>>77619193
I'm not just talking this show. I'm talking every single cape movie Marvel has made they murder their villains.

It's the laziest writing I've ever seen.
>>
I just finished watching 2 episodes with my gf.

We watched DD together, thought it was okay/good, and decided to give this a try.

Christ what a fucking disaster so far.
>>
>>77619086
It's still leagues better than Flash
>>
>>77619417
Anon you are a fucking faggot. You need to get off Nolan's tit.
>>
>>77619453
>LE NOLAN XDD
No. fuck off. Flash is garbage and the definition of bad televsion.
>>
File: ants letting off steam.jpg (12 KB, 400x196) Image search: [Google]
ants letting off steam.jpg
12 KB, 400x196
>>77619288
>It's the laziest writing I've ever seen.

People, and especially bad guys, die in action movies. It's not inherently lazy.

What can be lazy is why and how they die. Genocidal transdimensional elves being killed off? Cool. Mob bosses? I'm Frankly pretty cool with that.

Mad scientists that can't really do anything without access to tremendous amounts of resources? Not inherently a good choice to murder.
>>
>>77619482
Nope completely wrong. I bet you haven't even ever watched it.

>In b4 I don't need to watch it to know its shit

That is called being a child
>>
It's okay. Like it more than Daredevil. Lots of hyperbole in this thread; the cinematography isn't nearly as bad as The CW shows or Supergirl.
>>
So much bullshit plot convenience, Kilgrave was caught so many fucking times and only escaped because of plot

atleast in Daredevil Fisk's shenanigans got explained by him being a master planner
>>
>>77619515
>>77619515
how can you like this more than DareDevil, im like 4 episodes in and barely anything has happened
>>
>>77619509
Epic strawman, as expected of a retarded flashfag.
It is bad televsion and you're an idiot with shit taste if you believe otherwise.
>>
>>77619552
Taste is subjective.

If I knew Jessica Jones as more than Luke Cage's wife with the Skrull baby prone to Bendisspeak I'd probably be less critical of the show myself.
>>
>>77619288
>>77619107

Bruce, please get the fuck out of here and catch the Joker again.
>>
>>77619288
Well out of every possible example you could mention, this is without a doubt the absolute worst one you could complain about.
>>
>>77619635
>Jessica Jones as more than Luke Cage's wife with the Skrull baby prone to Bendisspeak
She's a donut steel Jessica Drew blacked by Bendis's favorite bull. It's literally all she is and I have no idea why they greenlit this retarded shit.
>>
>>77619720
>racist /tv/ memes

Great argument.
>>
>>77619587
So you've never seen it. You're a fucking retard.

I bet your favorite show is Breaking Bad
>>
>>77619701
How so? It's true. They kill every single villain cause the writers are hacks and can't think of any other way.
>>
>>77619792
>if you think it's shit you've never seen it
>LE MORE ASSUMPTIONS
Kill yourself, retard Flashfag. Just do it so this board could get less retarded without shit-eating trash like you.
>>
>Tfw mother fucking Nuke was the hypeist shit in the entire series
Also fuck you I liked his actor
>>
>>77619760
he's not wrong, the only thing of significance she ever did was that story with Purple Man, other than that the only thing of value she's done is become Luke's baby mama
>>
>>77619086
There are no good live action Superhero television shows
DD is decent, and could have good future seasons.
This is pretty good, but I would not consider it that much of a superhero show because she doesn't want to be a protector just kill one dude who fucked her shit up.
The Flash is pretty bad, if you think that these side characters are bad or took up too much plot time, I don't understand how you even watch Flash.
>>
>>77619509
>>77619792
>Doesn't read comics so the crumbs of comic shit in Flash get him rock hard, nevermind the Smallville tier drama that is a solid 65% of the show
Remove /tv/ please
>>
File: Mark2-500x281.jpg (65 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
Mark2-500x281.jpg
65 KB, 500x281
Overall, I really enjoyed this series.

I'm still of mixed feelings about how they changed Jessica - she's a lot more proactive and I suppose more interesting to the casual viewer - but this whole thing with Killgrave is supposed to be the final act and an explanation for why she's so fucked up. It's that moment where you realize Jess really needs Luke in her life (which is something they made explicitly clear to the viewers). Instead they run straight with it, and quickly drop the fact that she's running through life half-cocked and almost wishing to die. There's little of the crushing self-loathing that really haunts her; her internal struggle is straight up replaced with Killgrave when a large part of Jess' fear was how fighting crime and being a hero got her hurt.

The one thing I think they failed to do was demonstrate how shitty the world is or how fucked up Jess really is. Everyone's a hero or an upstanding person (with only Carrie Anne Moss and evil-SHIELD to say otherwise) when the whole point of Alias (and noir in general) isn't that Jess isn't so much a hero as she's the only decent person in an otherwise shitty world. In fact, the secondary story where her associates either lionize or demonize her and take turns cudgeling the audience about how great she is. They absolutely need Scott Lang to show how shitty she can be, but they've already gone out of their way to tell us Luke and Jessica belong together.

The one thing that really irked me was how The Purple Man raped her; their relationship in the comic was far more sinister and more of a headfuck. I'm honestly surprised they changed it at all.

CONT
>>
Jessica seems to bring a lot of this shit on herself. Kilgrave seemed to actually enjoying helping people but she just throws that plan out the window for no reason and a whole bunch of people die for it.
Superman would be proud of all her collateral damage
>>
>>77619908
Tennant, Colter, and Rachel Taylor were perfect. Pacing was phenomenal, and I even enjoyed that little nod to the Matrix near the end. I'm very excited for Luke Cage and Iron Fist (I was hoping it was Danny who called Luke after the bar). I suppose next season they'll use the Mattie? She can be "gifted", and I think JJJ is just what they need to hammer Jessica into the ground. I know some people don't like Andrew Garfield, but it would've been nice to see a cameo in the next few seasons.

9/10 - This Could Have Been on ABC
>>
>>77619870
Except Flash is pure fucking balls to the walls comics. Way to prove you haven't watched it.
>>
>>77619870
Anon you just described Arrow
>>
>>77619920
He was saying that to mess with Jessica. At the same time he was professing to enjoy helping people he was planning to blow up Simpson.
>>
>>77618397
it also goes through the skin so u need full hazmat suit
>>
>>77619836
Flash doesn't take itself too seriously. It's far from perfect, but for what it is, a formulaic monster of the week show it excels. DD and JJ try to be HBO level hard dramas and it's hilarious just how badly they fail at it.
>>
>>77619820
Red Skull - ???
Loki - Alive
Crossbones - Alive
Abomination - Alive
Nebula - Alive
Fake-Mandarin - Alive
Senator Stern - Alive
Justin Hammer - Alive
Thanos - Alive (but had no direct confrontation, yet)

And there's plenty of villains from Agents of Shield that are still alive
>>
>>77619870

Flash is the most comic book of any of the live action shows. Last episode had Gorilla city.
>>
>>77619908
Wait a second, Purple Man is standing to Jessica's Left, does she kill him?
>>
>>77620050
I don't need to watch flash to know its shit. It's on cw.
>>
>>77620036

> A bunch of nobodies

Loki's alive because without him Thor wouldn't make any money and Thanos is the big bad of the MCU
>>
>>77620029
>MUH FUN
Stopped reading there.
>If a show knows it's shit it's good
Not how it works kiddo
>>
>>77620080

Did I say anything about the quality, retard? You said it has "crumbs" of comic shit inn the show and you were just plain wrong
>>
>>77620050
Yes, once again, crumbs sprinkled over 90210 tier drama that gets casusals all revved up.
>>
File: 1319332055652.jpg (18 KB, 286x197) Image search: [Google]
1319332055652.jpg
18 KB, 286x197
I like it a lot.
>>
>>77620141

Yep, you're a retard and this is a pointless thread
>>
File: WorriedWoman.jpg (155 KB, 283x424) Image search: [Google]
WorriedWoman.jpg
155 KB, 283x424
>>77616024
women cant into superhero shows

supergirl sucked so did the recent WW pilot
>>
I'm pretty bored to be quite honest

When does stuff start happening
>>
>>77620129
How is having Gorilla city for a few minutes not a crumb? Call me when they spend several episodes there.
>inb4 moving the goalposts
Only a casual would think spending a bit of an episode in Gorilla City is not a crumb
>M-muh budget
Why cape shows shouldn't be on network TV reason number 2 after the fact that network execs need more relationshit than superheroing for it to get on the air
>>
>>77619923
>Pacing was phenomenal
The pacing was awful. They entire show was bloated by dumb, insubstantial side plots and inane contrivances to stretch the Kilgrave story out to 13 episodes, and even then only about five of them were actually worth watching.

They easily could have cut out episodes 4-10 and the story wouldn't have suffered a bit.
>>
>>77620219
>Gorilla City is just a crumb
>The fact that the whole episode was about a giant telepathic gorilla doesn't count as comic book stuff
>>
>>77620094
>They kill every single villain
> A bunch of nobodies

It doesn't matter that they're nobodies, they were important to the stories they were in and are alive. Calling them nobodies is just an attempt to move the goalposts.
>>
>>77618228
because Quesada's father is deaaaadddd
>>
>>77620258
How come Dexter, on which the showrunner worked, actually was pretty tense in earlier seasons and Ice Truck Killer/Doakes/Trinity were always fun to watch and make you want to see more, yet this show only makes me want to see Kilgrave dead already so I can cut my losses?
>>
>>77620276
Look, read Morrison's JLA or 52, or Earth X or Miracleman, or Uncanny X-Force, or even Waid's overrated as fuck Flash (which I'm sure /tv/fags will like since there's so much MUH LINDA) and tell me if a show that devotes a B plot to a nonpowered side character trying to get laid is at all similar to an action comic book.
CW drama kills Arrow and Flash.
Daredevil has always been mired in relationship drama, including Foggy's, Flash comics have never been.
A telepathic Gorilla is absolutely a crumb in a show about a guy who can run between through the multiverse.
The only non crumb thing I've seen is the multiverse elements actually.
>>
>>77620110
I said nothing about fun, I said the Flash doesn't make a big song and dance number about how hard hitting serious business drama it is. It knows it's a procedural show and embraces it.

Meanwhile Daredevil and Jessica Jones try so hard to be emmy award winning, thirteen hour running one long story telling gritty crime/noir shows a la Sopranoes and Boardwalk Empire but they cam barely muster together enough plot for half its episode count, speak nothing of having strong characters or substance.
>>
>>77619288
I can't believe they fucking killed Osama bin Laden. That's just lazy!!
>>
>>77620414
>the shows are not a 1:1 adaptation of muh comics!

What specific variety of autist are you?
>>
>Jessica runs away down a flight of stairs
>doesn't just jump down the gap and let gravity do the work
>>
>>77618212
Makes me wonder how they are going to portray Iron Fist.
>>
>>77619834
He was good by my god, his smile was fucking creepy.
>>
>>77620513
They won't.
>>
>>77620513
You don't need budget to do a good martial arts show.
>>
>every episode is jessica taking dick

PROGRESSIVE
>>
>>77620513
Fraction's Immortal Iron Fist.
>>
>>77620513
that's probably one of the reasons they keep dragging their feet with the show while fast tracking DD to a second season.
>>
>>77616024
Nuke's turn was handled terribly.
>>
>>77620516
>>77620603
I really disliked his 'reveal' as Nuke, but once they let him actually do something Nuke-like he became the highlight of the show. Which is actually pretty terrible because he had one good fight scene.
>>
>>77620478
I'm not looking for direct adaptation you fucking moron you're missing the point. It's about getting the pacing and content correct for a Superhero show.
I will not sit through retarded CW family/relationship drama to watch 15 minutes of Superhero. It's also easily the worst part of the Netflix shows. Karen Page is one of the worst characters I've ever seen.
>>
>>77620513
>all I want is for iron fist to be popular and do a cool kungfu show/movie
>they want to cancel it

but WHY! I just want to see my nigga do some kungfu shit. I want to see some ancient chinese secret shit. If they need to find a way to make it empowering or feminist, they can do the plotline where the women take over k'un lung.

Ii want to see danny rand chillin in harlem. if they gave me a tournament with the immortal weapons, i'm fucking down
>>
>>77620315
>>77620094
>>77620036

Uh dude, you forgot that Bucky is still alive and Zola lived for 70 more years after Cap caught him. Also that one henchman in Iron Man 3 who apologized.
>>
File: trish.jpg (68 KB, 684x513) Image search: [Google]
trish.jpg
68 KB, 684x513
>people make retarded complaints :the thread

so this is the official /tv/ thread huh? this is now the official patsy walker thread instead.

all Flash/Arrow/AoS/Supergirl/Daredevil girls BTFO
>>
>>77619834
is it safe to say that Nuke was right in all situations and the only way he fucked up was by caring for jessica enough to not let her explode in the house?

he only had mankind's safety in mind. that nigga clearly coudln't continue existing and Jessica was a dingus for trying to reason with that nigga. So many people died for her bullshit. Nuke knew he could fix it
>>
>>77620709
Just the fact that she killed Wesley makes Karen pretty based.
>>
>>77620788
he should have just told trish that jessica was under his control, and he had to blow her up with purple man
>>
>>77620754
>Uh dude, you forgot that Bucky is still alive
I didn't count Bucky as a villain in the list because I'm assuming he's going to go hero during/after Civil War.
>>
>>77618483
4u
>>
>>77619923
>that little nod to the Matrix near the end

If you think the red pills were a reference to the Matrix then I need to promptly smack you upside the head.
>>
>>77620816

But fake mandarin counts? He thought he was just doing some shitty show.
>>
>>77620788
I think that looking into the bag instead of just legging it, seriously what coud Purple Man have for you that you could possibly want was pretty retarded, and going back to the program. But for the most part, yeah. Nuke was the hero we needed.
>>
>>77620842
>trinity
>red pill
>digital streaming service
>one person destined to survive magic mindcontrol man

really nigga?
>>
>>77620885
Sir Ben Kingsley always counts.
>>
I kinda wanted the anal sex scene because I wanted to see the outrage
>>
>>77617499

Good, maybe then you'll get a new hobby and I don't have to hear your whiny bullshit anymore
>>
>>77617499
fuck off retard
>>
>>77620414
i'm usually not the one to argue here because you are all faggots, but if you are talking about cisco trying to get that Thanagarian snatch you are wrong. Cisco has powers.
>>
>>77618393
>likes something I don't
>must be a shill

can this meme die already? you self entitled fucks are a cancer to civilized society.
>>
>>77621640
Dude, it's just sex scenes. They last a good minute or so, but yeah, there's one in the first episode and 2 in the 3rd.
>>
>>77618438
DD's plot was nonsense
>>
>>77618629
>Also the main problem is mind rape?
What's the problem with that exactly?
>>
>>77618527

You saying Charlie Cox is a terrible lead?

>>77618629
Marvel's Joker is Loki
>>
>>77619635
No Skrull baby. Abandoned plotline.
>>
>>77616173
>not enough mind control
I thought there were plenty of it.
>>
>>77620499
I was thinking that myself, especially the way they filmed that shot. I was expecting something to happen.
>>
>>77620541
Danny ain't Shang-Chi.
>>
>>77616024
The show is unwatchable garbage, I rate it 10/10 for being so true to the character.
>>
I think this show might have been better off with 10 episodes rather than 13. It felt drawn out, and it had the Young Justice problem of false climaxes everywhere.
>>
>>77620733
I'm terrified the rumors are true. I want Iron Fist so badly. I was hoping we'd get some teases for anything IF-related, but they didn't, did they?
>>
>>77616024
>>Expecting /co to not automatically like a Marvel-branded video product

What a dummy.
>>
>>77618490
>>I feel like the 13 episodes could have been 2-3
>>This tv show is based on a Bendis comic.
lololol
>>
>>77618006
This guy gets it.

Show is shit.

Daredevil season 2 better not lower it's standard to this shit.
>>
>>77627050
Just days ago they confirmed they're still making it and that they currently have no plans of replacing it with Punisher. For now at least the rumors are bullshit.

>>77627679
Yeah it would truly be a shame for Daredevil to lower its standards to those of a show that was much better. Such a tragedy.
>>
>>77627885
>to those of a show that was much better

Explain yourself. I'm only on episode 5 but it seems worse than DD so far.
>>
>>77616024
8/10

Overall slightly better than Daredevil imo. But the ending was weaker.

Really I thought the pacing was fucking great (which I consider Daredevil's biggest weakness) up until he escaped the holding cell. Then the story kind of just felt like it was spinning its wheels for the last few episodes.

But up until then, it was fucking awesome. Would've been a 9/10 easy.
>>
The show was made to be feminist propaganda, not to be good.
>>
>terrible lead actrees

Nah man, Krysten Ritter was a great actress.

I enjoyed the show. Looking forward to Luke Cage.
>>
>>77620381
Bendis
>>
I enjoyed the series, but had a few problems

>Luke felt like he was just forgotten for the middle of the series, like he just fell off the face of the earth.

>Felt like there was a build up to something that we never got. At the end of the day she more or less just walked up and snapped his neck.
>>
>>77628302
Those might be features, not flaws. I get what you're saying cause I felt it too but I was glad Luke didn't take up too much screen time since he will have his own solo show to develop him and Noir stories are supposed to be depressing and shit at the end.
>>
>>77627885
>to those of a show that was much better.

Jessica Jones is pure shit and no where near the quality that Daredevil was.
It's been boring and drawn out.
>>
>>77618267

Yeah reading this thread makes me realise there are problems with, a lot of stuff is hard to follow despite them trying to tie fucking everything together.

But Daredevil had a lot of the same problems, and some stuff that it didn't do as well. It just hid it's problems better. And I think part of it is due to the fact that with a gritty male lead character it was easy for it to play up to a certain archetype that's always a bit harder to nail down with a female character.

I think Matt Murdock was better realised as a character than Jessica Jones in terms of being more memorable and "charismatic" but the supporting cast is so much better and everyone kind of feels like they go together. While Jessica herself isn't an amazingly memorable character she plays off the rest of the cast really well, whereas with Matt he tends to be far more focused on himself(despite Jessica's running theme of PTSD).

I feel like Jessica is a character you can probably do more with for that reason.

Plus Kilgrave is the better villain, sorry. It was dragged on too long(you could argue the same thing for Mr. Hyde) but he was still a good villain.

>>77619522

I don't really think it was more believable? I mean Kilgrave went to measures to make sure he was protected. I felt that they really pushed home how hard it is to get at abusive assholes.
>>
>>77620455

yeah i kind of feel this way too. and the thing is there's no shortage of stuff they could have put in there. they can't really use the cases from Alias so much but they can definitely take cues from them. and Daredevil has more than enough stuff to flesh it out.
>>
So did they just forget how to film a decent action scene at the end of Daredevil, and this is really the best they can do?
>>
File: Ddnuke.png (268 KB, 250x446) Image search: [Google]
Ddnuke.png
268 KB, 250x446
>>77620909
or you actually could the comcis in which this show is based.
>>
>>77628878
>I felt that they really pushed home how hard it is to get at abusive assholes.

What?
>>
File: stupid-sexy-charizard.jpg (35 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
stupid-sexy-charizard.jpg
35 KB, 640x480
>>77618327
>>
>>77616024
>terrible lead actrees
I haven't seen it yet, so I don't have an actual opinion, but I've heard the exact opposite from literally everyone and every write-up I've read.
>>
>>77629707
Because the lead actor is a woman. So that gives her a free pass to be great. Otherwise its sexist.
>>
>>77620909

Instead of screaming and looking stupid read the threads you're posting in and even better the comics on which a show you're talking about is based. Simpson is the Marvel character Nuke who famously uses red, blue, & white pills. It's not a Matrix reference, it's a reference to the comics.
>>
Watching through again, why are some of the effects so absolute shit-tier? The bus hitting Kilgrave in episode 2? The way it flips over is fucking comical.

>>77629707
She's honestly kind of bland but the other performances are good.
>>
>>77629725

Fuck off back to /tv/ or /pol/ & obsess over black cocks and women not fucking you with the other tards.
>>
>>77629756
>Watching through again, why are some of the effects so absolute shit-tier? The bus hitting Kilgrave in episode 2? The way it flips over is fucking comical.

The first time I saw that I thought Kilgrave was using telekinesis on the bus and that's why it fell that way.
>>
>>77620499
That annoyed me too, she makes the worst use of super strength I've ever seen.
>>
>>77620513
they should make it a cartoon, hire some animu company to do it so it looks all asian and they can do all the crazy mystical shit then get voice actors that look like the char so they can be in the live action shows at a later date.
>>
>>77629008
Different studio, different stunt coordinator, different directors, different budget, different character.
She's not a martial artist. She's maybe taken a couple of self defense classes that you can see from her making some pretty good blocks of punches.

Daredevil was fighting trained assassins and ninjas that gave him a run for his money, Jones' punches kill normies so she tossed them around until they get the picture.

Her fights with Nuke and Luke and the bar fight were the best fights because they were the only real challenges.
>>
>>77629707
She didn't kill it, but my expectations were mid to low and she exceeded them.
She tackled a complex character pretty well and literally delivered straight from the page of Alias Bendis dialogue believably.
>>
>>77618426
kek shit taste tier comment. Move along, nothing to see here
>>
>>77620842
Actually I thought it was the jump Jessica did in the end against the cops.

But then again, I was sleep deprived and probably imagining things.
>>
>>77616024
9/10 so far, just finished episode 10.

>far darker than DD but /co/ doesn't have emotions so no one will get feels
>great characters aside from the druggy, I never bought his acting it was like he never saw a person high as fuck before
>Tennet sold Purple Man better than the comics ever did
>episodes 4-10 have had incredible pacing

I just can't marathon it cause it gets to me too much (as a suicidal alcoholic)
>>
>>77629637

i mean that setting up a villain who abuses their power believable was done fairly well by this show
>>
>>77629725

people keep saying this like feminists & SJWs have taken over television but if you look at TV & Film you see exactly the opposite shit. Good majority of whites, few women in decent leading roles, almost no LGBT. It's like you've moved onto another problem(activist sorts supposedly going "too far") before you've even tried to address the actual real problem.
>>
Wait. Hang on.

Someone explain to me what happened to The guy who was told to go screw himself
>>
>>77631534

yeah i suffer from depression and other shit. i was stalked online for years and when it started to bleed over to real life it really fucked me up and made me paranoid. i had an emotionally abusive partner for a while too, and a lot of people who thought it was fun to manipulate me because i was broken. so a lot of this stuff got to me.
>>
>>77618438
>>77623946
DD's overarching plot, with the weird "gentrification's evil" thing was kind of nonsense

but its episode to episode narrative was great. everything was linked but each episode could have its own plot that was really solid.
>>
File: image.jpg (40 KB, 450x450) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
40 KB, 450x450
>>77631626
>>
>>77631992
It had nothing to do with gentrification, they were mob bosses.
>>
>>77619834
He was like a more evil Steve Rogers.
>>
>>77629928
>Daredevil was fighting trained assassins and ninjas that gave him a run for his money,

Yet, probably the best fight in the series was against four guys in a hallway.
>>
>>77632188
mob bosses buying up property in hells kitchen through ruthless tactics so they could "make this city great again"

they were mobsters gentrifying an area.
>>
>>77632188
The entire Mrs. Cardinas sideplot was about how Kingpin wanted to knock down the tenements and build luxury condos, and he monologues about how poor people are the filth ruining the city.
I personally liked it, but it's obviously a polarizing subject.
>>
>>77632449
I liked it, but I admit its kind of contrived.

its like the writers said "we can't just have fisk just be trying to accumulate power and take control of all crime in the city, so lets make this about gentrification."
>>
>>77631652
there were a lot of disturbing stories from the victims. like child abandonment and shit, I think everyone could find something that would hit them. But the sheer amount of suicide was disturbing.
>>
>>77632449
It wasn't about gentrification, it was about the underhanded tactics they used to get people out and Kingpin's attempt to do things legitimately, to deny his nature.
>>
>>77631534
>(as a suicidal alcoholic)
>>>tumblr
>>
>>77632675
That's part of it, yes. But ultimately the goal was to create a Hell's Kitchen free of what Fisk considered filth and squalor through construction and rezoning which ran parallel to gentrification.
>>
>>77632548
I think in the end, Fisk admits to himself it was about accumulating power and taking control of crime in the city.

Besides, even if he legitimately wanted to help the city, it turns into a question of do the ends justify the means? He's murdering people, selling drugs, engaging in human trafficking and giving magic ninjas a magic tower or whatever. The shit is questionable at best.
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-09-22-10-11-17.png (484 KB, 540x960) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-09-22-10-11-17.png
484 KB, 540x960
>>77617969
>>77617969
You know what...
Like the more i keep thinking about this the more it keeps bothering me.
Isn't the point of why we watch Super heroes is because they represent what is what we dream to aspire too?
While it is admirable that she doesn't use her power rather than just using her investigation skills. But then why fly the Marvel flag. What is the point for us to participate.
I don't understand much about Jessica Jones other than the hype and a few youtube videos. But it seems this show misses the mark for why Jessica is super. Why she is important to us the viewer.
I mean i am curious... the show seems to want to empower women. Or to represent what a perspective of rape or sexual abuse. But I'm curious... Does any female viewer feel empowered by this character?
>>
>>77633378
That's such faggotry.
They are so fucking hard up to make this guy likeable and relateable and understandable that they FAILED to make him a genuinely credible and terrifying threat.
No one gives a shit about the kingpins lame ass origins. Fucks sake, kingpins actual origins MIRROR DAREDEVILS TO A TEE and they should have fucking RAN WITH THAT.
None of this quasi autist bullshit.
It's simple straight forward and WORKED.
SItting in the kitchen cooking and listening to classical music. Get that shit out of here.
He's in pricey restaraunts sipping expensive wine and dating some hot vaguely legal woman of means while sending his wife a million dollar gem that was taken from a competitor as payment for pissing him off that day.
THAT's who he is.
>>
>>77633473
You have no idea what the fuck you're talking about, homie.
>>
>>77633473
Wanting to empower a female character is something middle aged queer women and loser college educated bitches of both sexes and all genders with a highschool understanding of how people work want.

Women ACTUALLY want to be entertained and have a chick power fantasy. This is...kinda it.
Period.
Hell purple man is the "THAT EVIL MAN MADE ME DO IT" hand waive for so much stupid shit she's done.
>>
>>77633473
>Does any female viewer feel empowered by this character?

Why do people need to be empowered? I don't think you understand fiction at all. People write stories. Sometimes, writers introduce their political beliefs or some shit (which is usually where we get our STRONG WOMAN from, you know, like Captain Marvel, who is otherwise not actually a character, and has abandoned all of her previous characterization in order to be STRONG FEMALE CHARACTER). Do you want Jessica to be STRONG FEMALE CHARACTER?

Fiction is stories. That's it. No one needs to feel empowered. That was never even the point of Alias.
>>
>>77616024
>Avengers comes out
>people like /co/ likes it

>GotG comes out
>/co/ likes it, people like it, /co/ quickly hates

>Avengers 2 comes out
>people like /co/ hates it

>Daredevil comes out
>people like it, /co/ hates it, people start hating on it /co/ likes it

>Jessica Jones about come out
>/co/ normies never heard of it, no one talks about it, /co/ hype

>Jessice Jones actually comes out
>early positive reviews from normies sites, /co/ hates it and calls it SJW

>In a week when SJW footmen have actually had time to watch it, they will attack it for portraying the lesbians as a bad guys, or Jessica as weak and needing a man, or some other bullshit.
>/co/ will flock to its defense

You contrary fucking babies
>>
>>77633762
ITT things that never happened.
>>
>>77633603
I really don't. But i enjoy Television. And after all the hype i was looking forward to this. After episode one it was clearly apparent that this was some feminist drenched show...
>>77633670
And yeah thank you. I completely agree with this.
However we can have strong female characters. Especially if their done correctly. Which is kinda why this is so frustrating.
>>
>>77633756
They don't need to be. But the more i watch this show, it kinda seems to be the point. She's stronger than any man.
Idk.. just hits all the wrong notes...
>>
I'm 5 episodes in and this shit fucking sucks....I'll finish it but damn this shit's unbearable
>muh constant drinking
>shitty action scenes
>constant sex
>slow as fuck plot

How do people actually believe this show is anything over 5/10?
>>
>>77633473

>this show wants to empower women

It wants to be a hard-boiled crime story with superpowers.

Every time a story starring a woman comes out people turn any aspect that's feminine or from a female point of view people scream it's SJW. Apparently the only way you can do a fem-lead story is literally never acknowledge the fact that they're a woman in dialogue, story or themes or it's SJW.

It's ridiculous.
>>
>>77633762
The only thing that /co/ legitimately didn't like was Age of Ultron, everything else is just bad memes.

GOTG was nonstop hype and the release was huge here.
>>
>>77634183
>Every time a story starring a woman comes out people turn any aspect that's feminine or from a female point of view people scream it's SJW.

SJW? No.
They do end up being quasi feminist as fuck because women have been brainwashed by monied misandrist queer chicks who have a thing for shota loli and stupid broads.

So they think anything even remotely female has to be bad because...women am bad because men exist.
>>
>>77634183
>It wants to be a hard-boiled crime story with superpowers.

Well it failed at that pretty damn hard.
>>
>>77634146
It's shit until episode 6, then gets alright. The pacing, action, and effects suck throughout though. But I'd agree, 5/10, 6 if you're feeling generous.
>>
>>77633191
how about your live in the real world rather than 4chan
>>
>>77634146
This show is about twice the pace of DD which was slow as fucking hell, but still good. First 3 episodes are genuinely slow, but after that it picks up and once Kilgrave shows up it's scary as fuck
>>
The only thing that bothered me was how Kilgrave was literally The Doctor.

And not even in a "He's David Tennant and I will only ever see him as The Doctor" kind of way.

David Tennant is Scottish. He uses a fake british accent when he played the Doctor. He used the exact same accent with the exact same affectations when playing Kilgrave, right down to his awkward "Well!..." pauses.

It was distracting as fuck, especially when Kilgrave was, in every other aspect, a truly great villain
>>
>>77620475
It kinda was. They should of put him on trial at least. It would have been humiliating and demoralizing.
>>
>>77619288
Incredible Hulk: Abomination didn't die. Also, technically Leader exists now and hasn't been dealt with.

Cap 1: Zola was arrested and Red Skull teleported into space.

Thor 1 and Avengers 1: Loki didn't die.

Iron Man 2: Justin Hammer didn't die.

Daredevil: Kingpin didn't die.

Maybe you're retarded.
>>
am I the only one kind of weirded out by the whole "lets prove hope is innocent" thing.

I mean, I get it. there is an innocent person in jail. but my immediate thought was "if you guys get her off on the claim she was being controlled by a meta with mind control powers doesn't that kind of fuck the legal system in the ass."

like can't anyone in the mcu make the claim that "the devil made me do it" now to get away with murder.
>>
>>77635573
> "the devil made me do it" now to get away with murder.
Even if the devil was real and in the business of mind control, for any defense you'd need to provide evidence that he took a personal interest in your mind.
>>
>>77635573
The idea was to bring Kilgrave in.

Other people would not be able to literally present the mind controller and evidence of his powers to the legal system.

Besides, a world with supers in it needs its laws revised to take their existence into account anyway. The whole way the legal system in America works is when a court makes a "this is the first time this kind of case has ever happened" ruling, it creates something called "precedent" which dictates how future trials should address it if that kind of case occurs again.
>>
>>77634002
Because she has super strength? Jesus man, you're looking for SJWs in every corner. Think it's time to take a look at the way you analyze things.
>>
>>77635573

There's subtext about Jess wanting to prove Hope is innocent to resolve her own guilt about what she did under Kilgrave's control. At least that's what I assumed since she had like five opportunities to kill the guy but held back because of "muh hope."
>>
>>77634002
>She's stronger than any man.
Luke would've beaten her if she didn't use the shotgun.
>>
>>77635723
But why not just build a solid temporary insanity plea.

seems simpler and relatively easy.
>>
>>77635702
Let's not pretend that Marvel isn't very much aligned with leftist liberal ideals that include feminism and social justice thougj. Because they very much are
>>
>>77635573
You know, once they bring in she-hulk and later samson, this is going to lead into some kind of hypersexual super hero law and order right?
>>
>>77635766
Because it's not actually about proving Hope's innocence. It's about closure for Jessica.

>>77635791
Well then they did a shit job of appeasing their librul overlords with how awful the women in the show do in fights.
>>
>>77635766
That's not a thing. Even if it were, you end up imprisoned in a mental hospital instead of imprisoned in a penitentiary.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.