[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why was this show killed so early?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1
File: robotomy_561.jpg (95 KB, 561x401) Image search: [Google]
robotomy_561.jpg
95 KB, 561x401
Why was this show killed so early?
>>
>>77603106
Because it fucking sucked, anon.
>>
cause CN hates shows with or about robots
>>
>>77603106
The show was too much. It was like superjail for kids
>>
It came out in a period where Cartoon Network seemed to be almost actively fucking itself over, at the tail-end of the bleakest period in western animation since the 70's. Adventure Time had been out for a while and was seen as both a breath of fresh air and potential savior, but people were even worried about that getting cancelled.

Also >>77603267, I can't recall a single CN original show primarily about robots that ran its natural lifetime.
>>
>>77603357
Whatever Happened to Robot Jones?
>>
though honestly, if CN would've made some figures or toys for this show
I would've bought some
>>
>>77603400

It ran for 13 episodes over two "seasons" and was cancelled. I feel like the name was either meant to be elaborated upon later or extremely self-aware.
>>
>>77603106
This was around the ex ceo's period where CN stopped being fun and started the live action shit
>>
CNetwork literally tried to bury this show. Shifting schedules, that sort of thing.
Real underhanded shit.
>>
>>77603320
This. It was chaotic as all hell. It felt like it belonged on Adult Swim for the most part.
>>
>>77603106
It was too expensive to oroduce
>>
>>77603320
>like superjail for kids
"Like"? Wasn't it even done by most of the same people behind Superjail? I thought the show was fantastic, and I'm glad people remember its short run. It's sort of like Superjail censored for kids, the way Germans censor their video games: Replace all the people who get gored with robots, done! I might not have liked it as much if it ran for too long, but these shows are short and sweet when they die young.
>>
Too adult for foreign kids channels
Not adult enough for foreign comedy channels
>>
why do CN hate robot shows so much?
there's enough robophiles out there to make it marketable
>>
>>77604662
>Megas XLR
>cancelled after 26 episodes
>Whatever Happened to Robot Jones
>cancelled after 13 episodes
>Sym-Bionic Titan
>cancelled after 20 episodes
>Robotomy
>cancelled after 10 episodes

Any others I'm missing?
>>
>>77604741
there's Robotboy
>>
>>77604803
Wasn't that European? Doesn't really count toward the original CN cartoons...

I barely remember Robotboy. I'm pretty sure it sucked, though.
>>
>>77604858
I think it was Canadian, and yes, it did suck.
>>
Costed too much.
That's why Johnny Test lasted so long and Teen Titans Go isn't going away soon, because they're both dirt cheap.
>>
>>77603197
This show didn't suck at all
>>
>>77603439
The text-to-speech voice had a lot more character to it than using some kid's voice in a filter.
>>
I only remember one thing from this show.

That episode with the killer Teddy Bears voiced by Gilbert Gottfried
>>
>>77604803
>>77604919
It was a France/United Kingdom co-production
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.