[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT stupid retcons >The symbiotes are a benevolent, peaceful
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4
ITT stupid retcons

>The symbiotes are a benevolent, peaceful alien race and the ones encountered by Spider-Man and most of the heroes of earth was corrupted
>Bobby Drake has been gay this whole time
>Gwen Stacy slept with Norman Osborn and gave birth to two of his offspring who she sent to live in Europe
>IdentityCrisis.exe
>>
>>77593317
Identity Crisis has already been rebooted out though. B&RE has already confirmed Tim still has parents, Secret Six has Ralph Dibny, and Doctor Light has been turned into some being of light or something (Didn't really read that part of Forever Evil)
>>
>>77594259
>Doctor Light has been turned into some being of light or something
After he became light being, he joined some sinister guys, Crimson something, was sent to kill Steve Trevor, Trevor told him stuff and Light realized he was dead all along and disappeared.
>>
>>77594259
A lot of things where rebooted because of the new 52. Doesn't make what happened during identity crisis not shit
>>
That venom retcon isn't any dumber than space vending machine gave a kid a new evil costume
>>
>>77593317
Not cool outing people like that Jean.
Not cool.
>>
>>77593317
>Norman Osborn isn't dead
>Jean Grey isn't dead
>Cyclops isn't dead
>Professor X isn't dead for the second time in just 10 years
>Wolverine has dozens of children whoops they're all dead
>>
>>77594589
>things that came out of Secret Wars aren't any dumber than things that came out of Secret Wars

>>77594949
no, but that's how people used to do things in the 90s, which is probably the last time Bendis talked to anybody he knew to be gay
>>
>>77594589
It kind of is ontop of making the character less interesting
>>
>>77594995
Venom came out of Secret Wars in the first place, anyway.
>>
>>77595008
Are you saying the only interesting thing Venom had was that he was evil?
>>
>>77593317
That's not a retcon, we never really saw the symbiots home world aside I think from Venom being seen as a pervert for using hosts for so long
>>
>>77595639
True, that wasn't a retcon. We never knew about the symbiotes.
>>
>>77593317
I'm working under the belief that Jean Gray is just a fujoshi and turned him gay with her powers.
>>
File: Spider-man-planet.jpg (140 KB, 350x539) Image search: [Google]
Spider-man-planet.jpg
140 KB, 350x539
>>77595639
>>77595749
Uh, guys?
>>
>>77595786

This isn't even the only time, either. We've seen plenty of symbiotes and symbiote planets.
>>
File: 1412976297417.png (69 KB, 342x317) Image search: [Google]
1412976297417.png
69 KB, 342x317
>>77593317
>>IdentityCrisis.exe
Um, why the hell is Identity Crisis an executable file?
>>
File: Razor Explosion.gif (944 KB, 500x200) Image search: [Google]
Razor Explosion.gif
944 KB, 500x200
>>77595786

FUCK MY LIFE!!
>>
>>77593317
>The symbiotes are a benevolent, peaceful alien race and the ones encountered by Spider-Man and most of the heroes of earth was corrupted
Seriously that is so damn stupid. Why did they do that anyway?
Was there really a vocal outcry about how it was xenophobic to represent an alien race as inherently evil? Or something?
>>
>>77595877
I would rather have had a Parasyte esque series about a guy making peace with his shmbiote.
>>
>>77594981
>Norman Osborn isn't dead
Fuck the Clone Saga
>>
>>77595639

we have enough symbiotes running around to safely say they where a bunch of cunts
>>
>Frank Castle was manipulated into becoming the Punisher by a demon
>Wolverine and a number of related characters are descended from mutant canids, or whatever the fuck
>Spider-Totems, which should have died with Ezekiel
>The American government arranged Cap's freezing and Bucky's death so that they wouldn't oppose the atomic bomb drops (though they at least kept it vague as to whether or not this was true)
>>
>>77596995
Sam Wilson was drug dealing pimp.
>>
>>77595194
No but its more interesting than some race of goody space cop.
>>
>>77596995
>>The American government arranged Cap's freezing and Bucky's death so that they wouldn't oppose the atomic bomb drops

this sounds like something the American government would actually do if Cap had been real though.
>>
>>77595757
Pretty sure that's most of /co/'s theory as well. It's the only thing keeping us sane.
>>
>>77595757

he asks "whats happening." its pretty obvious
>>
>>77596325

Man everyone fucking forgets Toxin. Fuck my life.
>>
>>77594539
Identity Crisis was at least a fun read
>>
>>77595036
Venom came out of Spider-Man, several years later.

The black suit came out of Secret Wars.
>>
The most I hate is Identity Crisis. Mostly because I was reading Brubaker's run on Catwoman and then the next writer come and and undone all the good stuff Brubaker did with "lol nope mindwipe". That shit pisses me off
>>
>>77593317
"Barry Allen is the Speed Force" is probably one of the stupidest ones in recent memory. It was so bad they got rid of it a year later.
>>
One More Day
>>
>>77595877
Bendis just really hates the symbiotes
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.