[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
SWverse possess the technology for creating artificial intelligence,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
File: gSbpF2c.jpg (278 KB, 827x1200) Image search: [Google]
gSbpF2c.jpg
278 KB, 827x1200
SWverse possess the technology for creating artificial intelligence, robotic drones, cloning, intergalactic travel, planet destroying weapons and etc. So why couldn't/didn't they grow/regenerate Dark Vader's missing limbs?
>>
Wasn't there an explanation that Palpatine had sub-optimal choices for Vader's surgery so as to prevent him becoming too powerful?
>>
>>77579869

Just because some things are possible does not mean other unrelated things are
>>
Their robotics technology is much better than their stem cell technology. Easy.
>>
Robot limbs are cooler.
>>
>>77579911

Yeah

Plus he had some shot installed to cause him pain of exerted himself to much

Basically the emperor wanted to keep Vader from ever turning on him
>>
>>77579869
I was pretty sure Palpatine intentionally give Anakin all dam robot parts to weaken him.

>>77579978
>Meanwhile, as they grow all those clones...
>>
>>77579869
The same reason the rebels didn't give Luke a new clone hand: even cloned material is sub-optimal compared to machine equivalents.

Admittedly if you can manipulate the Force as well as they could, sure, it makes very little difference; but you're still trading up rather than down, because that new limb can have as much or as little sensation as you want, can contain other devices that your flesh can't, won't tire and presumably has sufficient internal power that you no longer need to eat to support it.

In the case of Vader, because as others point out Palpatine also found it useful to control him. That was why he experimented with Grievous first, to perfect the experimental limits of cyborg technology, which is relatively commonly seen throughout the movies in much smaller amounts.
>>
>>77580030
>Basically the emperor wanted to keep Vader from ever turning on him
That was pointless then seeing as how Vader ultimately killed him.
>>
Who knows man. I never figured out why they didn't just make a gun that can shoot lightsabers.
>>
File: Smiling_Jackie_3.png (399 KB, 490x486) Image search: [Google]
Smiling_Jackie_3.png
399 KB, 490x486
>>77580181

I know that's why it's fucking hilarious that it was all for naught
>>
>>77580181
>>77580208
he got better
>>
>>77580181
Given that the whole saga is ultimately just a childish wish-fulfilment story, is it really surprising that the will of the individual triumphed over the realities of government and technology?

He might as well have slipped an ingot in Luke's hand as he was dying and said "tell your sister... buy silver".
>>
>>77580261

I don't think clones count anymore
>>
File: loki.png (228 KB, 500x275) Image search: [Google]
loki.png
228 KB, 500x275
>>77580261
the comics ain't canon.
>>
God I hope Jar Jar comes back. I want him to come back and survive the entire movie and help in some just to piss of all the Star Wars fans.
>>
>>77580313
neither are your mom's tits but they still plenty of balls
>>
>>77580355
>meesa never telling you about Qui-Gon 'scape in de boom-blivvah, am I?
>drunk are you, Jar Jar, home you must go
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.