[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do people even allow Miller to draw?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5
Why do people even allow Miller to draw?
>>
>>77543868
>why would you let an acclaimed writer nearing the end of his life draw a picture

He could smear shit on paper and it'd be framed and valued. Not that this is any better. Variant, yes?
>>
>>77543868
I didn't knew Frank Miller was making fanart of Kriptonita.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWaTWMouW3g
>>
>>77543879
That's the poster to São Palo's Comic Con, Miller is coming and they asked him to draw it even though Jim Lee is also coming and in my honest opinion that's at least illogical.
>>
>>77543971
Brazil is filled with a bunch of casuals and plebs that unironically love DKR2 and eat whatever Frank Miller shat during his worst years.
>>
File: image.jpg (89 KB, 400x599) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
89 KB, 400x599
Because Miller is a legend and actually a very good artist and amazing at composition. Can't blame him for getting a little sloppier/abstract in his age/condition.
>>
>>77543994
While that's pretty accurate, everyone is complaining about how ugly is this shit and even comparing to Rob Liefeld. Last year the poster was made by Ivan Reis, if I remember correctly, and I really regret not getting one.
>>
>>77543868

Is it just me or is Frank turning into Kevin O'Neill in his style?
>>
This is pretty good, glad Miller is back.
>>
>>77543868
>there are people fapping to it on this board right now

Congratulations, Op. I hope that was part of your plan.
>>
>>77544097
YOU WISH
I can't find that issue of Supreme where O'Neill draws an over-the-top Frank Miller version of the title character
>>
>>77544074
this
miller at his best was top of the game
>>
>>77547465

His composition was top of the game (which I honestly think is probably more important) but his figure drawing has fluctuated from good to average frequently.

I think most of the time people only look at figure drawing here.
>>
>>77543971

Brazillian here. When will this Comic Con take place?
>>
File: 300-ronin8.jpg (612 KB, 1600x1148) Image search: [Google]
300-ronin8.jpg
612 KB, 1600x1148
>>77547515
you're right
i just fucking love his composition
>>
File: eh more like meh.jpg (101 KB, 750x1000) Image search: [Google]
eh more like meh.jpg
101 KB, 750x1000
>>77543868
I would gladly trade you Miller for Henderson, deal?
>>
>>77543994
>Thinks DK2 is bad
>calls others plebs
Can't into paneling, fight art or page compisition?
>>
>>77544097
I wouldn't say turning since this is probably some of the last work the guy will ever do.

It's pretty sad how many people are shitting on him for the art, when it's obviously being made by a man who's not long for this world. This whole thing is the industry allowing Miller to make one more chapter in his most well known work before he dies.

And, despite the lackluster art I REALLY like his Wonder Woman design and I wish that it had caught on. If DKSA had been better it might have.
>>
>>77543868

Jesus Christ, what's going on with Diana's left shoulder? Does she have another arm there? And how is she even holding those weapons (and is that battle ax also a police baton?)? I think we know what Miller was sick with now, he caught Liefeld-itis.
>>
>>77547558
3 a 6 de Dezembro.
http://www.ccxp.com.br
>>
>>77547674
I love this "DK2 is actually good" meme.
>>
>>77544074
Thanks.
Why is it so hard to understand? Miller proved decades ago that he's one of the masters of this medium, and can draw whatever he wants.
Now, he simply choses not to, or is voluntarily doing something completely different, like an actor that after winning an oscar decides to spend the rest of his career doing action movies. It's not like they don't know to act anymore, their wants and needs are just changed.
>>
>>77547465
>>77544074
>>77547515
I do not think he has lost anything in his composition. DK2 still has amazing layouts and paneling. Honestly I also think his figures were good in that too.
Even Holy terror had a lot of very well composed pages.
>>
>>77547786
What is bad about it? The story is entertaining, the fights are great, Miller is still an amazing storyteller even if he couldn't draw people as well as he used to. I like the shitting on the state of the current superhero genre he does. I like his caricatures that he does for the people who get interviewed. I think his designs for all the characters are excellent, especially the Flash.
>>
>>77548344
It looks like shit. It was written like shit. Your opinions are shit.
>>
>>77543994
>calls others plebs
/co/ is filled with a bunch of casuals and plebs that unironically hate DKR2 and shit on whatever Frank Miller draws
>>
>>77548460
go read your jim lee
>>
>>77547786
Shoo, adults are talking.
>>
>>77547786
>I DON'T LIKE IT
>IT MUST BE A MEME

topkek
>>
>>77547786

It's not a meme.
>>
>>77543971
Jim Lee would take a year to draw that poster
>>
Because everyone keeps expecting it to be like Sin City.
>>
Thanks for reminding me that DKIII is almost upon us, and this board is going to be a total shitfest of Batfag vs Superfags vs Millefags vs Baitmen real soon
>>
>>77543868
Because they want to help him with his cancer treatment.
>>
>just gonna balance this sword in the palm of my hand
>oh shit I dropped my axe backwards when I cocked my hips to the side
>god damn it it's so fucking cold, why did I wear fishnets, I knew it was going to be windy
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.