[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
is Bendis the Johns of Marvel or is Johns the Bendis of DC?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 1
File: Geoff.jpg (134 KB, 576x823) Image search: [Google]
Geoff.jpg
134 KB, 576x823
is Bendis the Johns of Marvel or is Johns the Bendis of DC?
>>
Well I recall Johns referring to Bendis as "Bizarro-Me".
>>
>>77542490
neither
>>
>>77542490
>Johns is a nostalgiafag that relishes in his silver age heroes
>Bendis can't even remember what he wrote the previous issue

I get OP wants to make comparisons but the only thing is "most popular writer at their respective publisher."
>>
>>77542506
You got any sauce for that
>>
>>77542996
My bad, got it backwards. I genuinely didn't expect Bendis to know what Bizarro was.

https://twitter.com/BRIANMBENDIS/status/294973436516790274
>>
Neither?
>Johns
>as bad as Bendis
>>
Johns wrote some comics I liked. Bendis didn't.
>>
>>77542490
Johns got worse. Bendis has always been shit.
>>
They have absolutely nothing in common except they're popular.
>>
>>77543664
This, even not on his prime Johns is still not-disgusting.

Bendis has been shit since he left daredevil, YEARS ago, and has been destroying every single character he can, also >>77542896
>>
>>77543089
Being called Bizarro Me by Bendis is one of the highest compliments I've ever seen in this industry.
>>
>>77543816

Plus Johns seems to be a nicer person whereas Bendis is an egotist.
>>
>>77542490
Johns may have his bad habits and flaws he has nothing on the level of how stupid Bendis' dialog is.
The only thing they have in common is that both fucked the cosmic sections of their respective comic publishers, Johns by making everything GL related and silently erasing REBELS/LEGION, and Bendis fucking over Nova and the guardians of the galaxy.
>>
>>77542506
Bendis isn't bizarro Johns.

Bizarro Johns is someone who doesn't particularly care for any specific character but loves comics as a medium.
>>
>>77542896
>>Bendis can't even remember what he wrote the previous issue

Johns suffer from that too.

>>77545195
>Johns may have his bad habits and flaws he has nothing on the level of how stupid Bendis' dialog is.

ha ha ha let's kill darkside ha ha ha let's kill my father
>>
he's pointing at us
>>
In a way, yeah. I think Johns has a better track record than Bendis, though.
>>
>>77542896
> Johns takes characters that aren't popular and makes them popular like green lantern and aquaman

> Bendis takes on the most popular books and actually loses sales compared to the last writer
>>
>>77542490
Neither.

Bendis is the Bendis of Marvel, Johns is an actually fairly accomplished writer/producer, about ten years younger, and not dying of diabeetus.
>>
>>77545662
>Johns takes characters that aren't popular and makes them popular like green lantern and aquaman

>Green lantern
>Aquaman

>not popular

Total c-listers right m8?
>>
>>77545689
They weren't terribly popular at the time he got his hands on them. Thanks to Johns, GL had a movie, a video game, an animated series, multiple spin-offs and a toyline.
>>
>>77545301
Grant Morrison?
>>
>>77545689
Dude, do you even remember green lantern before johns took it over? It was a nothing comic, had nothing going for it and barely anyone read it. And when the fuck was the last time people were this excited for aquaman?
>>
>>77545730
>Morrison
>the guy who only cares about capes
Try again.
>>
>>77545689

He made GL relevant and helped out Aquaman a lot since his popularity from the 90s diminished. Outside of GL, I think Johns did his best work with JSA, and then there's Flash but he was always popular.
>>
>>77545763
Yeah flash was one that johns really kinda just tacked onto after Waid's greatest flash run ever. John's run was still pretty kick ass though.
>>
>>77545195
Cosmic has always leaned heavily on Green Lantern for DC, even prior to Geoff Johns.
>>
>>77543578
At least Bendis has written some good books
>>
>>77545689
Green Lantern became an overnight sensation with SCW.
>>
>>77542490
Johns might be the only writer whose Avengers are worse than Bendis'.
>>
>>77545798

Definitely did the Rogues well.
>>
Bendis has become shit, but he was good once.

Johns has always been pleb tier, shallower than a puddle and a huge non character writer, only his JSA is worth.
>>
>>77545901
Johns writes exciting comics, that's his whole thing.
>>
>>77545814

And DC had events focused on GL. Back in the 90's, but Johnsfags hate Kyle.

>>77545718
>>77545718
>They weren't terribly popular at the time he got his hands on them. Thanks to Johns, GL had a movie
Terrible movie Johns helped to be shit
>a video game
Terrible
>an animated series
Johns forced his fanfic crap and we got a shitty series
>multiple spin-offs and a toyline.
The first one failed and the second one failed even more.

Johns got his job by being a bitch to executives and designing stories around toys instead of actually making comics.
>>
>>77545933
>Johns writes exciting comics
>JL
>exciting
>>
>>77545979
>Terrible
>Terrible
>shitty
>failed
Who cares? My point is that they existed in the first place, dipshit.
>>
Johns is way better than Bendis.
>>
>>77545933
By exciting you mean raising the stakes incredibly high and resorting to anti climactic resolutions?
>>
>>77545999

It wasnt thanks to Jonhs, Johns was a tool used to get that.

The Rise to power from Johns doesn't come from Johns habilities as a writter, but from DiDio problems with Warner and his failing to capitalize the sucess of Dark Knight Returns.
>>
>>77545979

Problem with Kyle is that people keep giving him god powers and think that makes him a good character when it actually makes him shit. He's best as a standard everyman GL.
>>
Bendis Daredevil >>>>>>> anything Johns has written
>>
>>77545979
What GL-focused events did GL have back in the 90s?
>>
>>77546021
Johns top 2 stories were JSA and SC. What are the better Bendis stories? Are they better?
Johns best is really good, but he is not on the same tier as Waid.
>>
>>77546036
At least learn spelling and grammar before you make retarded posts, bro.
>>
>>77546057
I'd put GL up there as well, even if it did get a little bogged down with crossovers in the latter half.
>>
>>77546053

Honey, i killed my best friends and gained power
Honey, i almost genocide the universe and fucked up time
Honey, i died at the sun

The first is not a full event.
>>
>>77542490
Bendis?
>>
>>77545745
Busiek?
Moore?
>>
>>77546099
Zero Hour wasn't even a Kyle event, and Hal did even show up 'till the end. I'm not sure if you're talking about Ion or Final Night, but the former wasn't really an event and the latter, again, only involved Hal near the very end.
>>
>>77546057
Daredevil, Ultimate Spiderman, Alias, Powers

Definitely better than Johns.
>>
>>77542490
Johns is the Bendis of DC who is also a non-shit writer
>>
>>77545990
What, you don't like Darkseid War?
>>
>>77546057
Johns had a great JSA run, a great Flash run, most of his GL run was great. HIs only bomb I can remember was his Teen Titans run, and nobody writes good titans stuff anymore.

The thing with Johns is he sticks to what he's good at, where Bendis has been ruining Marvel's team books for years,
>>
>>77546145
Who said it was a kyle event??

>>77546280
Johns didn't ruin the JL, but is one of his worst works in over a decade
>>
>>77546147
>Johns had a great JSA run.
It was amazing
>a great Flash run.
It was really good, but not great
>most of his GL run was great.
By Blackest Night it was shit, brightest day wasnt that good.
>>
>>77546399
He also managed to make the only readable brainiac in almost 30 years. It wasn't great mind you but at least it wasn't horrible.
>>
>>77546344
Johns JL is the best Justice League book since like Morrison/Waid.
>>
>>77546864
You have terrible taste, Kelly's was way better, Johns league is probably one of the worst flagship titles a big writter has done.
>>
>>77546965
I've honestly never read that run, as I never saw anyone really recommending it for quality JLA runs. Is it really that good?
>>
>>77546965
Bendis Avengers, Hickman Avengers...

Also Forever Evil - on JL > Kelly JLA
>>
>>77547082
It is better than Waid's but worse than Morrison's.
>>
>>77547085
>Bendis Avengers better than anything

lel
>>
>>77547106
Hmm, I might have to check it out then.
>>
>>77547134
That was a response to
>Johns league is probably one of the worst flagship titles a big writter has done
>>
>>77547134
Hickman's avengers > Johns JL > Bendis shit
>>
>>77549152
>Hickman's avengers > Johns JL
No
>>
>>77545763
Flash is pretty much a push since he also ruined The Flash family because he couldn't stop his Barry boner.
>>
>>77546280
Johns Titans was good until it really petered out at the end where you could see he was out of ideas.
>>
>>77550223
I don't really blame Geoff Johns for that, it was gonna happen with or without him.
>>
>>77542490
why is it that johns can make buying cereal hilarious but then his comics are the most boring shit ever
>>
>>77550205

That wasn't until the end of his run after Bart as Flash was a full on flop and Johns had to fix crap with a big Flash story. His Wally stuff was good and there was quite a big chunk of it before the Bart shit.
>>
>>77552933
Have you ever read Stars and Stripes? That book is fun.
>>
>>77552995
i want to read a comic where superman likes cinnamon toast crunch and batman likes honey bunches of oats and they fight over it
>>
>>77552976
>>77550205

So where I should end if I want to read Johns' Flash? I'm really curious to check that run after I heard he does a splendid job in writing Captain Cold.
>>
>>77553424
This should be the plot of Batman VS. Superman: Dawn of Cash.
>>
Bendis is best described by that face people make where they arch an eyebrow and grin while saying "seriously?"

Johns posts cereal adventures on his Twitter

The battle is between edge and moe.
>>
>>77545195
Bendis? His dialog is stupid? Bendis' dialog is stupid?
>>
>>77542490
I wish this meme would die already
Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.