[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Characters that would never work in movies/tv shows
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 6
File: Lobo.jpg (57 KB, 477x530) Image search: [Google]
Lobo.jpg
57 KB, 477x530
ITT: Characters that would never work in movies/tv shows
>>
>>77534870
You mean literally hiring the character or having the character in something?

If the latter, he's worked just fine in old superman, young justice and justice league.
>>
>>77534908
I mean cinematic universe, not cartoons
>>
>>77534870
I want to see Lobo on TV/movies, dweeb.
Now, who is the best actor to cast?
>>
>>77534870
He was the best parts of any animated show he's in
you dumb, nigga
>>
File: DairyProductsGoneBad.jpg (70 KB, 550x422) Image search: [Google]
DairyProductsGoneBad.jpg
70 KB, 550x422
>>77534870
>>
>>77535032
brad garrett
>>
>>77534870
He would work, the movie planned sounded fine, sadly if it ever come out or comebak to production people will say is in response to Deadpool, just like fucking batman v superman has been a thing since 2002
>>
>>77535136
Preproduction don't mean shit
all that matters is when it comes out and/or quality (like how no one remembers the wild but knows the rip off Madagascar or how everyone know's oreos but not hydroxes)
At any time ANYTHING could be in preproduction, which just means that maybe someone has slapped a suit on a headshot
>>
>>77535032
Patrick Warburton but he has to work out a lot
>>
>>77535091
I love these guys.
>>
>>77534870
Howard the Duck.

Marvels business strategy with the movies seems to be "piss no one off", which doesn't make for good satire. And I doubt a lot of people in Hollywodod could do Howards blend of humor and existential angst well.

Bojack Horseman is basically the best Howard the Duck show we're gonna get.
>>
>>77535300
>Marvels business strategy with the movies seems to be "piss no one off"
Yeah, like Deadpool.
>>
>>77535320
That's Fox.
>>
>>77534982
How would he not work in movies, but work in cartoons?
>>
File: lobo_vinniejones.jpg (105 KB, 508x1141) Image search: [Google]
lobo_vinniejones.jpg
105 KB, 508x1141
>>77534870
Lobo would've worked just fine because they had Guy Ritchie behind the project. Sadly nothing came out of it.
>>
>>77535343
That's a general question for DC. Their cartoons are typically great but the movies are usually trash.
>>
I beg to differ:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9ooZYjF0mI
>>
>>77535300
There was already a Howard the Duck movie.
>>
>>77535744
And it was shit.
>>
>>77535398
Yeah Shazam is another character that I don't think can work, but lets see
>>
>>77535032
Am I wrong thinking of Danny Trejo?

>>77535217
I can see that. Some reason I'm also wondering is way I picture Randy Machoman Savage's as Lobo's voice.
>>
>>77535787
Shazam would work in the way Marvel does films, aka comedy themes before action themes...I mean they hired an actual little kid to be Spider-Man this time

However, the tone of the DCCU? I'm not sure how they're gonna make it work
>>
>>77536390
i don't know why this is a hang up
a "world" can be diverse and still be cohesive
I don't think Texas has the same "tone" as Syria
>>
>>77536642
I mean that all depends on if it's going to be part of the greater universe or be a stand alone, as a stand alone it would make sense as a light hearted comedy but I don't know man...it's just odd, imagine if Ant-Man was in the same universe as The Dark Knight, wouldn't feel too immersive would it?
>>
>>77534870
>never work in a TV show
>posts a character that worked in a tv show
>>
>>77534870
young Lorenzo Lamas
>>
>>77536390
Shazam would work that way.
Actually DC has a ton of characters that would be perfect for marvel style movies (Static Shock anyone?), but DC is focused on catering to people who want the darker superheroes, so this will never happen.
Mark my words, there will NEVER be a teen DCU hero that lives for more than two movies.
>>
>>77537557
It's kind of odd but part of me thinks the tone of the DC and Marvel movies would be better off if they switched, most of the Marvel characters kill or are assholes or have some kind of tragic shit going on in some way that it seems they'd lend themselves to darker shit more naturally while all the darkness you really need in DC is Batman

Maybe I'm wrong just kinda talkin outta my ass here, but it's a thought
>>
>>77535398
You're full of shit, you idiot. The Batman trilogy before Man of Steel are some of the most highly regarded superhero films of all time. The original Superman movies are all time classics. The first two Batman movies are, too.

For every Green Lantern, Marvel has a Daredevil. For every Jonah Hex Marvel has two Ghost Riders.

So since Avengers came out DC has had Man of Steel and TDKR and that's it. Meanwhile Marvel had two piece of shit Spider-Man movies, Thor 2, Iron Man 3, Fantastic Four, and Avengers 2 which have all gotten lukewarm critical reception at best.

I never understand what the fuck people are talking about when they say "DC has worse movies". Yeah,because their new movieverse has had a total of one fucking movie, and just before that everyone in America was jacking off over the Batman movies.
>>
>>77535787
There's no such thing as a character that can't work, you just have no imagination.
>>
File: 1435518573976.png (67 KB, 350x338) Image search: [Google]
1435518573976.png
67 KB, 350x338
>>77534870
I could see him doing a spawn type show.
>>
>>77535032
Rob Zombie
>>
>>77534982
In that case, Plastic Man would have been a better OP pic than Lobo.
>>
>>77537636
>Marvels Netflix original is better than any crap TV show DC can hobble together
>Spiderman owned by is sony
>Fantastic four is owned by Fox
>DC will never make anything close to Avenger 1/2 or Gaurdians Of The Galaxy
>Or Ant-Man
>DC should stick to animated features
>>
>>77537754
Rob Zombie would be the perfect cast if he was a bigger guy...he's not exactly a beanpole but he's kind of a smaller dude, I always imagine Lobo being like pro wrassler proportions
>>
>>77537954
Yeah, we'd really need someone who looks like Rob Zombie but with Dwayne Johnson proportions.
>>
>>77538047
Do we have the tech to CG Rob's head on Dwayne's body?
>>
>>77537636
At least Marvel makes movies. Where the hell is my Martian Manhunter? Lobo? Legion of Superheroes?
>>
File: gene-simmons-1992.jpg (35 KB, 368x460) Image search: [Google]
gene-simmons-1992.jpg
35 KB, 368x460
>>77537954
>>77538047
If they hypothetically made a Lobo movie in the early 90s Gene Simmons from the "Revenge" era could have been a decent Lobo if he went through some rigorous beefing up, I think he's over 6 foot
>>
>>77538107
Do we have the tech to physically remove Rob's head and place it on Dwayne's body?
>>
>>77538163
Why would you want those when you can have more Batman!
>>
>>77538337
B-But I don't want Batman unless it's dick!
>>
Anything can "work" in a well written story. No excuse.
>>
>>77534870
Lobo would work. They should make him a villain in Man of Steel tb.h f.am
>>
Jesse Custer
>>
>>77540296
that would be awesome.
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.