[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Arrow
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 9
File: this.jpg (22 KB, 287x271) Image search: [Google]
this.jpg
22 KB, 287x271
In season 4 of Arrow, they have made almost inexplicable changes to the character Oliver Queen, and now he is a soft, sensitive little girl

Where am I supposed to go for my broken, brooding antiheroes now? This faggot is talking about baking chicken cordon bleu for his mother-in-law
>>
O'Pee has failed this omelette.
>>
>i haven't actually read a green arrow comic: the thread
>>
>>77521730

This discussion is about the show "Arrow"

It literally does not matter what happened to Oliver in the comics
>>
This is the closest the show has been to comic Ollie.

What you're complaining about is actually that he's not just a Green Batman anymore.
>>
>>77521787
>What you're complaining about is actually that he's not just a Green Batman anymore.

Green Batman was the only Batman we had, and now we have two Barry Allen's instead
>>
>>77521787
This. I don't read the comic but I know GA isn't supposed to just be Green Batman with a bow. I like the change. It's nice to not have Ollie being a fucking drag.
>>
>>77521752
>I want my Batman with a bow show
>>
>>77521907
>It's nice to not have Ollie being a fucking drag.

It is not nice

He has been talking like a fag instead of getting angry and dishing out the pain. It's no wonder he can't keep Laurel and Thea in check, they've got more balls than he does now. Season 1 Ollie would have put an arrow in Damien Dark's heart. Season 4 Ollie is working out the rough spots of his marriage and running for mayor

It's a radical shift towards something different
>>
>>77521787
If we're talking /tv/ stuff, I prefer Green Batman to Nolan's Batman all the way through. Just for the record.
>>
>>77521999
It's like the show is trying to be different instead of hitting the same note that's only appealing to anti-social retards

Let's be honest, they played out the Batman angle, it wouldn't lead to anything short of having an entire season made of more Batman villians
>>
>>77521999
>It's a radical shift towards something different
>It is not nice
Why do you hate change?
>>
>>77521999
>It's a radical shift towards something different
Gee, doesn't that sounds awful lot like point of this season that Ollie tells us about in the beginning of every episode.
>>
File: 1431442134632.png (2 MB, 1111x1022) Image search: [Google]
1431442134632.png
2 MB, 1111x1022
>>77521590
>I want Oliver to stay an emotionally stunted man-child with no character development or depth

I bet you like season three didn't you?
>>
>>77522112
>I want Oliver to grow into a sensitive dress-wearing faggot who talks about his feelings with his girlfriends
>>
>>77521590
his mama is deeead. its ok to be sen sensitive about the dead and the people that suck your dick
>>
ITT: OP vs the World
>>
>>77522148

Well, we're not Reddit, so that's generally every thread that gets posted
>>
OP is a fag but I do wish the show had at least SOME of the grit S1 had. Not full angst, but it's full silly-buggers comics now and it's gone too far the other way. S3 turned the League of Assassins into glorified Power Rangers villains and Damian may as well be Shang Tsung, despite how much I'm enjoying S4 and how based Neal is it's a little too much.

I dunno, it would be nice if there were any vein of grit left. The Flash is great, but not everything need to be The Flash.
>>
>>77522218
>Not full angst, but it's full silly-buggers comics now and it's gone too far the other way.

Agreed. Season 2 Flash is now darker than Season 4 Arrow
>>
>>77521590
So, did you watch Season 2, or 3, because that explains exactly why he's a "Sensitive Little Girl", go back to watching Gotham, fucking Edgelord
>>
>>77522128
you mean it wasn't before?
>>
>>77522244

I mean to be fair, Flash S2 was pretty silly as usual until Barry got Bane'd by Zoom.
>>
My whole thing is when is he gonna get cocky AF and get married to Dinah Lance? I'm hoping for that being how Season 5 or 6 turns out
>>
>>77522325
>Flash got Bane better than Nolan with Atom Smasher
>Flash got Knightfall better than Nolan with Speedfall
>>
File: 1407516097707.png (12 KB, 378x366) Image search: [Google]
1407516097707.png
12 KB, 378x366
I will never understand people like OP. These idiots want protagonists to be generic badasses with no feelings or any semblance of personality. How is that in any way entertaining?

Shit, even Judge Dredd manages to be an actual character in most stories, and he's supposed to be a generic cypher.
>>
>>77522357
I blame the Nolan Batman series
>>
>NOT MUH OLLIEEEEE

The worst part is, I wouldn't be surprised if a small number of fans actually feel that way. Especially the girls who fell for OG Arrow-Ollie.

Also, lol at people thinking OP is serious.
>>
File: Faggot Identified.gif (126 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
Faggot Identified.gif
126 KB, 720x480
>>77522148
More like ITT: OP is a faggot.
>>
>>77521590
Daredevil!
>>
>Sara comes back to life
>not so much as a hello exchange between her and Oliver
Wow
>>
File: 1414632735581.jpg (91 KB, 481x308) Image search: [Google]
1414632735581.jpg
91 KB, 481x308
>>77521590
>>77521999

>character progression is bad
>>
So when is Ollie going to cook some chili?
>>
>>77521590
i'm going to admit, even though it was contrived and completely random.

I loved every second of the constantine moments.
>>
That argument as they were approaching the facility last episode was pretty nice.
>>
>>77521999
>It's no wonder he can't keep Laurel and Thea in check, they've got more balls than he does now
4chan everybody

Nice trips btw
>>
>>77522774
>That one opportunity they had to have Ollie make some chilli last episode
YOU HAD IT
IT WAS IN YOUR HAND
>>
>>77521590

I'm really enjoying it. I feel like after spending so many episodes/weeks/hours with this gang it's nice to see them lighten up and make omelettes and drink booze.

Just wait for BvS and you'll get a year's supply of broken and brooding.
>>
>>77521590
Cooking is the most manly thing you can do though
>>
>>77524073
He could cook it for the legends of tomorrow team
>>
>>77521590
shut the fuck up
he's still a brooding necksnapper edgelord in the flashbacks
>>
>>77522218
shut the fuck up Vash
>>
>>77524506
This. And that's what I love about this season. They not only changed Ollie but they also gave some gritty Ollie in the flashbacks to please the manchildren. This way they appease everyone.
>>
>>77522552

I didn't even notice.

That's a fucking rip off.
>>
>>77524506

No, he cut off his hair and became compassionate toward others

it's over now
>>
>>77521752
Then go to /tv/. We discus shows and movies here to compare them to the comics we love. If you feel that the comics have no bearing on your thread then it belongs on a different board.

P.s. I normally hate the "go to /tv/" shit posters but you clearly don't care about the comics.
>>
>>77521999
Just go watch the punisher movies you edgy fuck
>>
Between Season 3 and 4 he was allowed to be an actual person again for the first time in eight years.
>>
File: image.jpg (53 KB, 500x294) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
53 KB, 500x294
>>77521752
This is some top tier b8 m8. Try and be a little more subtle next time, though
>>
>>77521590
Ollie has become a lot more of a pussy this season
I'll never understand why people revere him being written like this but I guess they got what they wanted and now he's with felicity and quippy like in the comics(which were bad but let's ignore that)
>>
>>77527145
>which were bad but let's ignore that
But no
>>
>>77524073
>I will even cook some chi-
>Oh Shit! Here it comes!
>cken cordon bleu
>WHAT THE FUCK!
>>
>>77527145
wow, you are a fucking retard. You want batman, go watch blind batman on netflix then. Or watch the flashbacks, it's always been public that they were going to switch current ollie edginess and flashback nice Ollie.

And comic Ollie is one of the best characters they ever had. he always had the best story lines, the most progressive stuff and the most challenging stories.
>>
>>77521590
>complain about DC being too edgy
>"why is ollie so lighthearted now?"

fucks sake
>>
>>77521787
>This is the closest the show has been to comic Ollie.
And he's still a mile or more away from being comics Ollie.

He's not hot-headed. He's not a womanizer. He's only getting into politics as a means to save the city and become something else as opposed to being very liberal. He's not cracking all kinds of jokes. His secret identity is still a secret instead of some random 15 yr old girl being able to figure it out because of his goatee which he'll never have.
>>
>>77521999
>Season 1 Ollie would have put an arrow in Damien Dark's heart
He tried that, remember? Damien caught the arrows in midflight. Kinda hard to shoot a guy who can catch your projectile and fire it back at you.

>Season 4 Ollie is working out the rough spots of his marriage
He's not married and it's called being in a relationship.

>and running for mayor
Ollie did this in the comics.

>It's no wonder he can't keep Laurel and Thea in check, they've got more balls than he does now.
Laurel is making retarded decisions like always and Thea has Resurrection Rage issues.
>>
>>77524224
>Ollie makes chili for the Legends
>Heatwave throws away his gun and says he's only going to use Ollie's chili from now on
>>
>>77522218
>Damian may as well be Shang Tsung
Are you fucking kidding me? Shang Tsung would be amazing as a villain!

And no, he's not Shang Tsung.
>>
>>77528242
>Cold shoots it with his gun but it does nothing
>>
>>77528280
makes me wonder, has Marvel or DC ever tried to purchase the Mortal Kombat IP? I could see it working better in DC and it would be kinda cool. Raiden as DC Thunder God
>>
>>77528290
>Rip mentions that even in the future they've yet to find anything on Earth as hot as Ollie's chili
>>
>Ollie delving ever-deeper into DC's bullshit magical background and characters
>no longer The Terminator (though to be fair he hasn't been that since early S2)

This is literally the best Ollie's ever been. Fuck off OP, you were a faggot today.

Zoom killing Laurel when?
>>
>>77528442
Warner brothers own MK though
>>
Am I only one who kind of still can't see how Flashback Ollie will become S1 Ollie next year?
>>
>>77528617
He's going to spend one more year completely alone on the island. That's plenty of time for the grim-darkening to occur.
>>
>>77528617

Doesn't flashback Ollie still have like 2 years left to become grimdark? 1 year on the island, 1 year working for ARGUS, and then he's been sent back to the island again.
>>
File: Snapchat-303741102166558696.jpg (184 KB, 800x1280) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat-303741102166558696.jpg
184 KB, 800x1280
>>77521590
>actually caring for friends and family instead of being generic edgelord #265 Batman edition

Yeah nah mate
>>
>>77528795

I didn't know Karl Urban owned a ushanka.
>>
>>77528684
>>77528686
Oh, I thought this was last season of flashbacks.
>>
>>77521590
I tried watching season 1 and it fucking suuuucked. It was literally just Nolan Batman with relationship drama.

The fact that OP is mad that Ollie is more like he is in the comics makes me more interested, though. Did it git gud?
>>
>>77528818
He doesn't look anything like Karl Urban anon
>>
>>77522128
>I don't want an actual human as a character, I want an emotionless robot killing machine
>>
>>77528901
>Did it git gud?
In Season 2, yeah. Season 3 was an abomination and Season 4 so far is mixed. It's nice to see them acknowledge and lighten Ollie up, but the villain is functionally retarded and half the team is being just as stupid. Felicity is superfluous and overfocused on.
>>
>>77528901
It got really good, but then season 3 happened. Season 4 so far is better than season 3, but that's like not that high of a bar.
>>
File: 1447035000590.png (962 KB, 3320x3044) Image search: [Google]
1447035000590.png
962 KB, 3320x3044
>>77529371
Flecity is far better this season though.

People in the talkback threads called her a bitch for getting pissed at Ollie about the Ray thing, even thought she obviously felt responsible for what happened and was frustrated that while Ray could be killed at any moment, Ollie was all "ah well, lets go have dinner with your mum where we will have to pretend that jothing is wrong even though somehing absolutely is "

Don't get me wrong, she can be a bitch and be annoying as fuck, but sometimes people complain for the sake of complaining
>>
>>77529548
I'm sorry, in an episode that's supposed to be about a character being trapped and in danger for 6 months I'm not very interested in all the focus being put on how sad that makes the main character's love interest.

They did this last season in the Pit episode as well. A fucking major character was brought back from the brink of death and the MC had to sign himself over to the villains, and the focus was on how it made Felicity feel. Fuck Felicity. She's a selfish bitch and any time given to her is either going to be annoying, infuriating, or worthless.
>>
>>77529632
Do you not get that the episode is a complete retcon of last season Felicity?
>>
File: 1447034317805.png (288 KB, 544x416) Image search: [Google]
1447034317805.png
288 KB, 544x416
>>77529632
So your problem is how they presented the story, and not how that character felt in that situation? Got it.

Because when Ray could literally be killed at any moment, I don't think its so selfish to want to make sure he is saved. Yes Sara's ressurection is important, but less so than Rays situation.

Your problem is with poor plotting and story telling, not her character anon.
>>
Can't we just admit everything in Arrow and Flash is crippled right now because it has to set up LoT?
>>
>>77529795
I kinda like all the set up, it's bringing back a lot of old story lines. Kinda how comics do.
>>
>>77529765
Your problem is reading comprehension, because her character focus IS the plot and storytelling. It's selfish that her reason for wanting to help Ray is because she didn't earlier. She's focused on how it affects HER, rather than how to help HIM. She's TRIED to work at saving him, but most of the focus isn't on actually saving him, but how that's affecting her, which she tells Ollie AND her unnecessary mother.

>>77529736
Because an overfocus on Felicity's character derailment will definitely be fixed by focusing more on Felicity.
>>
>>77528617
The girl in the cave could die and he could be like "I failed her, I must change my approach, not let emotion in the way".

Fun Ollie to grimdark in 2 lines.
>>
>>77530289
one episode anon
Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.