[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
SAGA
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5
File: tumblr_nvrnrmMIQN1ug616ro4_1280.jpg (203 KB, 585x900) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nvrnrmMIQN1ug616ro4_1280.jpg
203 KB, 585x900
lets talk about how great this is!!!!
>>
I've not read Saga, have no intention of ever reading Saga and even I know it's the best comic out there!
>>
Dropped after #1.
>>
File: image.jpg (26 KB, 521x282) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
26 KB, 521x282
>>77520409
No, but it's the best thing ever committed to page in the history of mankind, you love it, tho.
>>
It's hated here because some tumblr-fats like it. I think it's a pretty solid book, when the writing isn't being edgy for edge sake.
>>
Why do people fellate BKV so much? When Paper Girls came out I read it. It was decent enough. A good start and something I'll definitely follow up on. To my surprise people on /co/ were hailing Paper Girls #1 as the greatest comic since Alan Moore willed himself to existence. I asked in vain, to try to find some understanding, "what was so amazing about it?" but no one answered

Saga was okay but I dropped right around the timeskip. Too directionless.

>>77520855
>It's hated here
No it isn't.
>>
>>77520333
I used to like it. Stopped reading around the timeskip. It just became kinda dull.
>>
Haven't kept up with it. It's wacky and colorful. There are dozens of interesting character concepts. The art is pretty solid, but I don't find anything particularly engaging about it.
>>
I could never get into it
>>
Sokay
>>
>>77520333
Hello, Tumblr.
>>
I love it, Image generally killing it. Conversely, how depressing are the new Vertigo titles? Karen Berger got out just in time.
>>
>>77520333
unnecessarily edgy and tries too hard to pass a liberal message but it's not bad
>>
>>77521173
What liberal message ? Just because there are a lot of prominent female characters ?
>>
>>77520333
When the only character I can care about is Lying Cat, there is something really wrong.

Nice concept, bad execution. I fucking hate the main couple so much.
>>
>>77521237
Maybe the Hilary quotes.
>>
Another book you're not allowed to read on 4chan. Officially added to the 4chan Official Blacklist of forbidden texts.

Do not try to talk about anything in this book that you enjoyed, because I don't want to hear it and the only rebuttal you'll get out of us is TUMBLRTUMBLRTUMBLRTUMBLRSJWSJWSJWSJWTUMBLRTUMBLRTUMBLR
>>
File: 1432948431461.jpg (967 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1432948431461.jpg
967 KB, 1920x1080
I liked the Robot race
>>
>>77521173
>tries too hard to pass a liberal message

Anon you're trying too hard to pass a conservative message

take your hurt feelings and go
>>
>>77520946
Pretty much that, exactly.

>Aren't relationships just the hardest?
There's no conceptual meat beyond that. It's Twilight in space, but since it looks pretty and isn't afraid to show babies crowning in vaginas it gets labeled "mature."

It's not a bad book by any stretch of the imagination, but I question the taste of anyone who thinks it's "the best thing on the stands right now," which seemed to be the industry consensus for awhile. At it's best, it's emotional and imaginative. At it's worst, it's intergalactic trailer trash running amok through a cast of wacky, but empty, character designs.
>>
>>77521524
i'm more liberal-inclined desu, it just bores me when comics (or any medium) try hard to sell a political/social stance
>>
>>77521605
>"the best thing on the stands right now," which seemed to be the industry consensus for awhile

What is better, right now, that you would say SHOULD be worthy of being regarded the "best thing on the stands right now"

If it's better than Saga, I want to know
>>
>>77520333
I'll say this, it's a really really good comic to get a non-comicbook reader to start with.
>>
>>77521647
Same boat. Conservatives have no problem admitting that they're "fighting a culture war" or whatever, whereas liberals recoil at the mere suggestion that they have an agenda or ideology they're pushing. They seem to think that "being correct" means that it's not an "agenda," because "agenda" sounds "bad," and what they're doing is "good."
>>
>>77521649
>Descender, Prophet
Better sci-fi
>Stray Bullets, Southern Bastards
Better characterization
>>
>>77521779
I wouldn't call Saga a science-fiction, it's more of a science-fantasy.
>>
>>77520333
its too slow in coming out and the story lacks real direction. its just family drama with tons of convoluted technicolored shit thrown in
>>
>>77521496
It combines my two favorite things.
>>
File: Yes_Man.jpg (240 KB, 830x596) Image search: [Google]
Yes_Man.jpg
240 KB, 830x596
>>77523020
Robots and faces?
>>
The spacefaring and violence and fucked-up imagery are just window-dressing for what the book is really about; the characters.

If you like the characters, you'll love Saga. If you don't I suspect you'll find the entire book to be a waste of time.
>>
Yo, when is the next HC hitting the shelves?
>>
>>77523329
After the next story arc, most likely. The first HC collected the first three arcs and there have been two arcs since then.
>>
File: sexcriminals-covers-1.jpg (174 KB, 1788x900) Image search: [Google]
sexcriminals-covers-1.jpg
174 KB, 1788x900
while we're on the the topic.

Why is this so great
Why does it get so much hate around here. I thought it was fun, not amazing, but fun. art could be better
>>
>>77523281
That's the thing though. I do like the characters but BKV constantly interrupts their arcs by having a bunch of bullshit happen to them and pulls side characters in and out like no big deal.
>>
>>77524242
I thought it was decent at first but it got old quick.

Sex Criminals should be a mini
>>
Saga's one of the few good fantasy comics coming out now (Hellboy, Aquaman, and maybe Justice League fill out the rest from major publishers), so I keep on reading it with the full understanding that it's always going to focus more on the characters than world-building.
>>
>>77524728
Same. I bought the first trade and liked it, but I didn't really see a good plot or character hook that made me want to continue.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.