[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>karnak #2 delayed to december 30th fucking why? way to kill
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4
File: 00.jpg (599 KB, 1193x1834) Image search: [Google]
00.jpg
599 KB, 1193x1834
>karnak #2 delayed to december 30th

fucking why? way to kill the hype
>>
>>77514479
>fucking why?
Almost certainly Ellis's fault since EVERY chapter got pushed back a month. If it was Zaffino or Brown they would have replaced them already.
>way to kill the hype
Delays ruin pre-orders, the sales are going to take a hell of a hit. Not too mention people will probably forget about it since there will be a two month gap between when first and second chapter came out.
>>
>>77514623
There probably won't be a solicit for chapter 5 tomorrow either.
>>
It was shit anyway. Expected so much more from Ellis. Nice to see the quality of the writing matched the art though.
>>
It would be one of the few ANAD titles I read.

At least there's still Vision (for now).
>>
>>77514623
>If it was Zaffino or Brown they would have replaced them already.

Eliis is only doing this because of the artist. He only did Moon Knight because Shalvey wanted to and Ellis just wanted to work with him
>>
>way to kill the hype

It wasn't very good to begin with. Coasting on Ellis name alone.
>>
i am also disappointed that Nameless #6 has been delayed to December as well.
>>
>>77514623
Dan Brown's coloring in Karnak is more atrocious than in ANAD Ultimates.

>>77514656
That's my conjecture.

>>77515057
Nameless #6 (not by Ellis) #6 is part of the delay tsunami.
>>
>>77515227
It would be fine without the dotted effect
>>
>>77515321
No, his shading is bad IMO, could also be the inker but idk
>>
I enjoyed Karnak #1 but the issue was way too much talking. even Moon Knight #1 wasn't that bad
>>
Okay so I don't really know a lot about the comicbook writing process, but do they not plot out a few issues before the first issue comes out?
>>
>>77515433
Probably wanted to establish Karnak's new personality and his quirks.
>>77516148
They probably have a rough draft to start out and and spend the time leading up to release cleaning it up and matching the art to the writer's vision. Probably never too far ahead of the Solicitations which outline comics three months before they come out.
>>
>>77515227
>Nameless #6
For real? Fucking hell.
>>
>>77514784
Another tripfag, another shit opinion
>>
>>77514784
rooney mara you are hot it is a shame you have shitty taste in comics
>>
File: 1422639259385.webm (934 KB, 900x1040) Image search: [Google]
1422639259385.webm
934 KB, 900x1040
Wasn't the movie cancelled? Maybe they're trying to phase out the Inhumans push

>>77517157
Don't let a tripfag soil the name of my waifu
>>
>>77517191
It's not officially cancelled. They're just announcing so many other things that it's in all likelihood pushed back.

Also dang she is cute as hell.
>>
File: 1365659025561.gif (957 KB, 245x209) Image search: [Google]
1365659025561.gif
957 KB, 245x209
>>77517209
Maybe Marvel bit off more than they can chew with this. They still have no idea what to do with Iron Fist and around six or seven other projects to worry about. Also yes, yes she is
>>
>>77517242
>They still have no idea what to do with Iron Fist
They have plenty of time for that. There's still Daredevil S2 and Luke Cage before they get to Iron Fist. I think it's less a case of not knowing what to do, and more a case of it not being a priority at the moment.

The only reason they cast Luke Cage so early is 'cause he's in Jessica Jones.
>>
i am going to masturbate to the girl with the dragon tattoo tonight
both versions
>>
>>77517268

they want a marvel/netflix show every six months.
so even if daredevil 2 and luke cage (assuming no danny here), and maybe a jessica jones 2, that gives them a year and change to completely cast shoot and edit the show, and we have no news on it.
>>
File: 139456845648.gif (493 KB, 500x237) Image search: [Google]
139456845648.gif
493 KB, 500x237
>>77517298
This. They should just combine Luke and Danny's shows and have their origin in flash back. I really need to stop waifu fagging
>>
>>77517298
>>77517268
Krysten Ritter was cast December 2014. Less than a year from the show's air date.

With DD S2 and Cage coming first, they have at least a year and a half before Iron Fist is coming out. And that's if no other series gets a sequel first.
>>
>>77517268
>I think it's less a case of not knowing what to do, and more a case of it not being a priority at the moment.

Yeah, no. It's very clear that they have no idea what to do with Iron Fist because they would have had that shit prepped and cast already. Luke Cage is being built up for his own show via JJ. And no, giving one vague reference to K'un-lun in DD doesn't mean anything. It was pure fan service.
>>
>>77517392
Charlie Cox was cast as Daredevil in May 2014; his show came out April 2015. Again, less than a year.

TV seasons have shorter turnaround times than big budget blockbusters. Don't let your expectations from /co/ movies make you worry about this.
>>
>>77517396
You are dead set on your own pessimistic outlook. In my other posts I've shown that we're still FAR off from having to worry about casting.

And who knows what other references may pop up in the next series? Not that there needs to be many. Nothing wrong with it standing alone. Jessica Jones wasn't referenced in Daredevil.

But I know I won't change your negative outlook on this.
>>
>>77517433

>pessimistic outlook

It's a realistic outlook. We don't have an actor, showrunner, director, or even a CONCEPT of what the Iron Fist show is going to be. We don't have shit. We don't even have rumors.

It's not the end of the world, but that's a little worrying. It makes perfect sense considering someone at Marvel probably realized that Iron Fist is impossible to sell any-more, the rumor that it'll be replaced with Moon Night sounds like a genuine option.
>>
>>77517433

That's because they'd rather milk a successful show like DD rather than trying to push forward with Iron Fist on which they don't seem to be able to make their minds of what the take is. If/when JJ ends up being successful, you're guaranteed that IF gets bumped further down the line in favor of Jessica getting another season along with DD and doing Cage somewhere in the middle, before you hear a peep of Danny's show.
>>
>>77517489

Don't forget the rumors about Frank already being lined up for his spin off show.
>>
>>77517510
That's my point. I'm not worried for Iron Fist because they still have plenty of time due to all their other shows.

Would I like to see it sooner? Sure. But I'm not worried.
>>
>>77517520

He would HAVE to be. They would be literal retards not to do a Punisher show, he's too big a name and Shane from TWD is the exact kind of guy you would get for a lead.
>>
>>77514479
probably the preorders were low
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.