[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it really that good? Because if it's getting praise for
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 9
File: image.jpg (79 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
79 KB, 960x540
Is it really that good? Because if it's getting praise for being "progressive" (SU, AT, Clarence, MLP etc.) then it's not worth watching.
>>
fuck off faggot
>>
>>77510412
So..

It's shit?
>>
>>77510358
There is no sjw ideology infesting it like a glittery cancer. Over the Garden Wall is basically spirited away but with americana instead of japanese folklore. It is inventive and funny and full of affectionate references to classic american animation.
>>
>>77510358
The only progressive thing is the girl he likes is brown
>>
File: WARNINGBLACKPROGRESSIVE.jpg (277 KB, 1279x1003) Image search: [Google]
WARNINGBLACKPROGRESSIVE.jpg
277 KB, 1279x1003
Very SJW. Trigger warning.
>>
If anything, it's progressive in the sense that it proved to CN that animated mini-series could be as successful as any ongoing cartoon series. The success of OTGW even led to the current Adventure Time mini-series, "Stakes", and the green-lighting of another original mini-series, "Long Live The Royals".
>>
>>77511018
where the white gnomes at
>>
>>77510358
Since when is being "progressive" a bad thing?

It's 2015, people other than white males deserve to be treated like human beings.
>>
>>77510358
How about you form your own opinion and watch the damn thing rather than simply assuming its shit/good by listening to others?

Its 5, 20 minute episodes. If you cannot spare that time to sit through it then why the hell are you on here?
>>
you're the worst kind of teenage faggot
>>
Where do I find a rip of the For Sara tape?
>>
File: 1447572192853.png (78 KB, 1306x354) Image search: [Google]
1447572192853.png
78 KB, 1306x354
>>77510358
Go away you cancerous shit stain. You're both parts of the biggest cancer that is infecting this board:
>spoonfeeding ie people answer you instead of you either fucking off or having the courage to watch a cartoon without getting trigged over "progressiveness"
>bitching and whining about progressiveness and supposed SJWs
>
>>
If something is good, it's good, something isn't good or bad based on whether or not it preaches to you you fucking faggot
>>
>>77510358

Naw, it's not as bad as others.

It's basically the product of one guy who isn't fucked in the head and is actually legitimately artistic without being autistic.

No team of creepy fanfiction queers who plan on fucking everything up, making men losers, and turning straight girls gay.
>>
>>77510358
It's not "progressive" shit like those other shows. It's good because it has a great story and interesting mystery to it.
>>
>>77511767
fuck off dipshit
>>
>>77512077
what mystery
>>
>>77510358
This is much better than SU and the other shows that evolved from AT in my opinion. Also the whole thing is under 2 hours without feeling cut short so I don't really see what's holding you back.
>>
>>77512023
I wish this was sticky'd on /pol/.
>>
>>77510358
SJWs like it, which says it all really.

Don't bother with it. Cartoons are meant to be offensive, that's the whole reason that they were created; if you're not exposing your life to new and interesting viewpoints then you're nothing more than a child.

That's why South Park, Rick & Morty, and Drawn Together were so good: they weren't afraid to offend their audiences.
>>
>>77512125
watch it. There's a mystery theme.
>>
OP here, well aside from all of you bastard fucks who can't come to terms with the fact that not all cartoons need to affect society with liberal ideology I guess I've made the decision to watch it as soon as I can. It seems alright considering the fact it is a successful short series and it has an eerie yet optimistic vibe to it all.

Maybe I was a bit too close to coming to a conclusion but come on.
>>
>>77512291
>if you're not exposing your life to new and interesting viewpoints then you're nothing more than a child
that's an awfully strong case you're making FOR progressive media
>>
File: 1443138065004.png (168 KB, 376x447) Image search: [Google]
1443138065004.png
168 KB, 376x447
>>77513023
>OP here, well aside from all of you bastard fucks who can't come to terms with the fact that not all cartoons need to affect society with liberal ideology
nah man just don't be a fuckin sheep and judge things by their own merit and not by the trigger police known as /co/
>>
>>77512291
>Baiting this hard

OP, the most progressive thing about this cartoon is that the white protagonist has a crush on a black girl.
And they don't even call attention to it or anything.

Give it a watch, it's like American Spirited Away.
>>
>Something can be SJW even when you haven't watched it or barely heard anything about it

Tell me where you get your precog abilities from, senpai.
>>
>>77510358
>Because if it's getting praise for being "progressive" (SU, AT, Clarence, MLP etc.) then it's not worth watching

> judging artwork by context and third opinions

dont watch it, retards should stay away from anykind of benefit
>>
>>77513359
well, from here of /co/urse
>>
>>77510358
There's nothing PC about the show if that's what you mean. Just watch the show or don't, just stop fagposting.
>>
>>77510358
It's like Alice in Wonderland but with shitty dialogue and characters. The older brother is a perpetual pussy and the younger one is a walking non sequitur, but the art and music are good.
>>
>>77510358
well no, you obviously are a SJW-buzzword anon, even if it's remotely "progressive" you are going to find something to complain, like the bizarro-tumblr you are

btw, the protags are whitebois, the girl protag is the bad one, there is just one black non-background character, there isnt any sexual/gender reference, etc

you are going to complain for the blackchick love interest besides she just appears for less than 5 mins tho
>>
>>77510358
MLP is considered progressive? can someone tell me why
>>
File: 1446335003862.jpg (10 KB, 228x210) Image search: [Google]
1446335003862.jpg
10 KB, 228x210
>>77510358
how the fuck is Clarence "progressive"?

are you really this dense?
>>
>>77513686
Usually it's in reference to fandom for defying gender roles and other shit like that.

The show itself is pretty removed from any kind political ideology, being a young kids show and all.
>>
>>77513750
this

if telettubies aired today, they would probably say it's asexual propaganda and the colors are part of mix race agenda
>>
>>77513693
Probably referring to that one instance with the gay couple.
>>
>>77513808
and Jeff's parents
>>
File: 1428401912147.gif (2 MB, 220x220) Image search: [Google]
1428401912147.gif
2 MB, 220x220
>>77513693
If the man has the internet think for him he's already a lost cause.
>>
>>77513092
The thing is, being "progressive" is mainstream now. People are coming to accept each other's differences, which means edgy angry rebels have to resort to ridiculous antics to appear "different from the mindless Politically Correct sheeple".

The typical solution involves being obnoxious for the sake of being obnoxious, regardless of how many facts it ignores or outright contradicts, even though this definitely isn't new and barely qualifies as a viewpoint. And despite their frequent complaints about being oppressed by political (and/or factual) correctness, they don't often tolerate any viewpoint that doesn't match theirs, or even any discussion of their viewpoint that isn't hate-driven cheerleading.
>>
>>77513808
> literally three seconds
>>77513835
> barely in two episodes

yup, dense
>>
File: sumo attacked by baby pig.png (72 KB, 274x237) Image search: [Google]
sumo attacked by baby pig.png
72 KB, 274x237
>>77513912
nigga i was just sayin, i'm not op

i didn't say it was bad you just fucking asked
>>
>>77513912
Two gay men kiss and Ms.Baker comments on it saying "wells that's good".

LITERAL SJWS POISONING THE MINDS OF FUTURE GENERATIONS.
>>
>>77513966
wow wow m8, I was just cofirming what i say about OP with the proof you give me (because there is literally any other "progressive" thing in the show)

dont be mad anon, you know i love you
>>
File: 1439375530397.gif (459 KB, 480x330) Image search: [Google]
1439375530397.gif
459 KB, 480x330
>>77513999
I know you are joking but why is people so "afraid" or angry with all the progressive shit in kids shows?

I mean, once they grown up there will be shows like Simpsons, American Dad, Family Guy, Brickelberry, etc that mocks in leasbians, racism, etc

Its not like anything going to change
>>
>>77510358
It's okay. Not "classic" worthy like the network is touting it to be. I'll probably never watch it again but it's not a bad way to waste around 2 hours
>>
Friendly reminder: every single television show, book, movie, video game, etc. ever made is SJW if it contains anything other than blonde, blue eyed heterosexual males and females that have consensual sex in the missionary position.
>>
the only thing "progressive" is that the main character is a white kid and has a crush on a black girl. But I've never actually heard that discussed or brought up.

It's just a good mini series. Watch it and form your own goddamn opinions.
>>
>>77511767
Since teenagers on 4chan decided to be edgy shits.
>>
You don't deserve good art. Don't watch it and go back to Duck Dynasty.
>>
>>77514212
>Women consenting for sex is not progressive
Get out of here slut-enabler
>>
>>77514223
I'm pretty sure people were fucking pissed (or at least screaming SJW) that Sara was black. Maybe it was a hallucination
>>
>>77514591
yeah, there was a big discussion about how she was originally a whitegirl and they washed her black just for the sake of extra-progressive points
>>
>>77510542
yes, it's shit.

One brother is gay and the other one is a trans.

The last episode is also an hour long monologue how guns carry is stupid and how immigrants take our jobs.
>>
>>77510358
Do you enjoy Divine comedy by Dante?
Then you will love this.
>>
It was amazing how much of a wretched asshole Wirt was. He managed to top himself every episode until he finally got his shit together.
>>
>>77512023
and now youve made it about you belief instead of answering the op's question, congrats youre just as bad as /pol/
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.