[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What cartoons have had the best and most accurate depictions
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 9
File: tumblr_m2vx8t42ZR1ru81evo1_500.jpg (28 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m2vx8t42ZR1ru81evo1_500.jpg
28 KB, 500x375
What cartoons have had the best and most accurate depictions of divorce?
>>
File: asdfasds.gif (519 KB, 245x180) Image search: [Google]
asdfasds.gif
519 KB, 245x180
Tino's mom was a fox.

Also this is the only other divorced couple in cartoons I could think of.
>>
>>77510086

Home Movies
>>
Are they gonna fuck?
>>
Doof and whatever his ex was called was an ok depiction.
>>
>>77510086
home movies
>>
>>77510253
This, Brendom's parents behave exactly like mine once they divorced
>>
>>77510253
Came here to post this.
>>
Home Movies is a pretty good example.
>>
Ojamajo Doremi
>>
China Illinois
>>
>>77513580
man, im so shocked at how many controversial subjects were handled well in that show. Especially since it's aimed at japanese kids.
>>
>>77510086
I think Home Movies did it well. It was awkward and nothing big happened.
>>77510228
You know I'm looking back and she was a great mom. She was clearly a strong parental figure but Tino also felt he could talk to her about pretty much everything I think.
>>
>>77513580
not /co/
>>
File: lam_majimea3.png (148 KB, 349x480) Image search: [Google]
lam_majimea3.png
148 KB, 349x480
>>77516196
Not /co/ is the numerous topics that appear frequently about tokushit and social justice. Ojamajo Doremi is a cartoon. It is not something I would start off a thread because it's a JAPANESE cartoon but it's a suitable response for what is just a curious thread by a curious poster who likely had no idea this even existed

Also it's better than all TV western animation but that's another topic entirely
>>
>>77516620
>Also it's better than all TV western animation

That's a high claim anon. Got any solid evidence instead of /a/ reject's anus?
>>
File: CharleneHeinzTomato.jpg (26 KB, 893x458) Image search: [Google]
CharleneHeinzTomato.jpg
26 KB, 893x458
>>77510228
>Also this is the only other divorced couple in cartoons I could think of
>>
File: proofs.jpg (35 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
proofs.jpg
35 KB, 640x480
>>77516874
It's not really a high claim considering that most western TV animation is not exactly exceptional or varied in content, shitlicker

It's a show of 200 episodes with a cast of about 30(with about six main main characters) where just about everyone gets critical development, with numerous episodes that tackle a variety of simple and complex life issues in a way that is suitable for children and also entertaining for an adult. Starting from the second season the episodic stories tie together into an overarching plot. There are numerous directors to keep it from getting boring on a visual level and the large core cast allows them to use their toys however they want to be funny or sad or inspiring. It has themes of non violence and a positive message. The music is gud. It was made by Toei hot off of their peak in the 90s where they nailed magical girls. There are only about two bad episodes that even the fansubbers agree are bad because of how out of place they are with the themes of the show.
>>
>>77517012
>It's not really a high claim considering that most western TV animation is not exactly exceptional or varied in content, shitlicker

Oh firstly it's all TV western animation and then it's mostly, you're not very consistent are you faggot?

>all that claim

Reminder that if you change the show's title to Family Guy, The Simpson and Futurama, it wouldn't make a fucking difference. Also:

>Tripfag
>relevant opinion
>>
Clarence
>>
>>77517682
not really, we've never even seen Clarence's dad.
>>
File: Carl.png (209 KB, 562x820) Image search: [Google]
Carl.png
209 KB, 562x820
I'm allergic to nuts.
>>
>>77517949
Clarence is the black version of accurate divorce
>>
what about rocket power? I know they mentioned how the mother died, but did they ever show her in any episode or go more in depth about it?

also, the Squids parents were divorced, his dad was a dick from what i recall.
>>
Toy Story
>dad nowhere around
>no mention of mother working
>big house and nice car
>>
File: mfw3.png (267 KB, 469x357) Image search: [Google]
mfw3.png
267 KB, 469x357
>>77512090
underrated post
>>
File: tumblr_inline_ndayxtGFgu1t2t6tz.png (124 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_ndayxtGFgu1t2t6tz.png
124 KB, 500x375
>>77516924
This is the only cartoon I know that actually talks about Alimony.

And the fact that Doof gets alimony FROM her and not the other way around.
>>
>>77518558
You ever think that's because his dad WAS the house?
>>
>>77518544
It's been ages since I watched the show, but I believe in the Christmas episode the dad was on the verge of crying when he was apologizing for ruining their Christmas or something, since it was their mom that was always in control of that.

And when they introduced their StepMom, I think they discussed it again, like how she was trying to implement new rules and they were all like "You're not my real Mom!", but I can't remember at all how that happened. I didn't even remember a StepMom from when I was a kid, I just know there was one cause I saw a random on the 90's are all that a few months back
>>
>>77518558
They were moving in the first movie to a smaller house. No photos of the Dad are up or anything either, so best theory is that they were getting divorced and she was moving to another part of the Tri-County Area.
>>
>>77518325
That was really hard to watch
>>
File: Monkey Dust Timmy.jpg (72 KB, 642x352) Image search: [Google]
Monkey Dust Timmy.jpg
72 KB, 642x352
>>77510086

Monkey Dust
>>
El Tigre did it well
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.