[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who is the Flash's biggest adversary? Zoom/Reverse-Flash
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 3
File: cold-revflash.jpg (86 KB, 535x355) Image search: [Google]
cold-revflash.jpg
86 KB, 535x355
Who is the Flash's biggest adversary? Zoom/Reverse-Flash or Snart?
>>
>>77503598
Zoom definitely.

Zoom is The Flash's Joker whereas Cold is more like his Two-Face.
>>
>>77503598
One of the main selling points of the Rogues is that they're more likely to team up with the Flash, especially if it's Wally, to take down a bigger threat, than aid the likes of Zoom or Grodd. That and it's weird to not take them into account as a team but as individual members.

You should, in fact, include Grodd in the question instead of Cold.
>>
>>77503683
Yeah, but Cold is the leader of the Rogues and for years seemed like the primary antagonist of the Flash before Johns' run.
>>
>>77503635
Zoom is Joker, Cold is Bane.
>>
>>77503598
Define "biggest." Most common or most the one with the most impact?

I think Cold is more prevalent but Zoom/Reverse-Flash has left a bigger impact (even before the retcon of killing Barry's mother).

>>77505234
Zoom is Joker. Cold is crime itself.
>>
File: zoomdio.png (29 KB, 453x549) Image search: [Google]
zoomdio.png
29 KB, 453x549
>>77503598

IT WAS ZOOM BARRY, IT WAS MEEEEEEEEE!
>>
>>77505234
>Cold is Bane

He's a cool guy
>>
>>77503598
snart because its more unique when the arch enemy isn't an irredeemable psychopath
>>
>>77503598
Captain cold is vegeta
Reverse Flash is Frieza
>>
File: zoom_by_diosboss-d9gh40m.png (725 KB, 671x1100) Image search: [Google]
zoom_by_diosboss-d9gh40m.png
725 KB, 671x1100
Hey look its Zolomons new look for the new 52!
>>
>>77505234
He fits the bill better for Two-Face.

They have a mutual respect for their rival and can generally be counted on to not be a major murderous asshole. Bane doesn't give a fuck who gets killed in the crossfire.

In fact I'd say Reverse Flash is more like Bane and Zoom is Joker.
>>
>>77505429
4u
>>
Reverse-Flash.

Flash's relationship with Snart is much more interesting than that.
>>
>>77505510
Those are some nice man titties.
>>
>>77505234

No

>Zoom = Joker
>Cold = Two-Face
>Grodd = Bane
>>
>>77507478
Top is Bane.
>>
>>77503598
The Rogues were always fucking afraid of Professor Zoom...so Pr. Zoom > Captain Cold
>>
>>77506328
Zoom is wally's twoface in that he suffered an accident that turned him villainous and gave him a psychosis that was already there, professor zoom is barry's joker, always there to fuck with barry, though joker has more recently become more like Prof. Zoom, with the violence and the agenda, Cold is just barry's villain, while he's Wally's catwoman (in that they become allies, not in that they fuck)
>>
>>77505234
Cold is more a Penguin or a Riddler. In that he's a villain that's ether a complete joke or awesome entirely based on who's writing him.
>>
>>77507690

Okay, I think I've got it.

>Reverse Flash = The Joker
>Grodd = Ra's Al Ghul
>Captain Cold = Two Face/Penguin
>The Top = Bane
>>
>>77503598
I like Captain Cold more than Reverse Flash! Reverse Flash is a huge threat and Barry's worst nightmare. I just like Flash and Captain Cold's mutual respect and rivalry more. They also are better parallels. Barry came from a nice family. Leonard came from a broken one! Barry studied hard and became a forensic scientist. Leonard dropped out of school and learned things from experience. Barry moves fast! Cold (with his gun) slows things down. The list goes on.
>>
>>77508391
He's very rarely a joke outside of the cartoons.
>>
>>77508609
Why don't they ever give Cold any respect in the cartoons, man?!
>>
>>77508609
I'm grateful that some of my friends are finally experiencing an actual good Captain Cold adaptaion. To be fair, the Brave and the Bold one was great too! He only show up once in the actual show, but he did show up in the game!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfEdT0BAFIU
>>
>>77508821
mr. memefreeze is more popular cuz muh BTAS
>>
What is the difference between Zoom, Professor Zoom, and Reverse Flash?
>>
>>77508994
Reverse Flash is just a public title if I'm not mistaken. Theres Thawne, Zolomon, and recently Daniel West.
>>
>>77508994

Reverse Flash is just a general term for all of the respective evil counterparts each Flash faces.

Professor Zoom is Eobard Thawne, the first Reverse Flash and the arch-nemesis of Barry Allen, the first Flash (not counting Jay Garrick)

Zoom is Hunter Zolomon, the second Reverse Flash and the arch-nemesis of Wally West, the second Flash )not counting Jay Garrick)

In addition to those two there has also been a Reverse Flash for Jay Garrick, the OG Flash, and Bart Allen, the third Flash, called The Rival and Inertia respectively. There is also the New 52 Reverse Flash who is referred to simply by their shared identity and is actually Daniel West, Iris West's brother.
>>
>>77508944
I love Mister Freeze, but even I know that Captain Cold is superior in nearly every way, either from ability or characterization. Same deal if you were to compare Firefly to Heatwave
>>
>>77509127
Don't they also differ power wise? If I recall correctly, Thawne draws from the speed force or something like it, Zolomon actually manipulates time to slow things down, and West is sort of a mix of the two but can also reverse time briefly. Also West looked better in red
>>
>>77503598
Depends on the flash. He isn't one person.

Jay: The Rival
Barry: Eobard Thawne aka first reverse flash aka Prof Zoom
Wally: Hunter Zoloman aka second reverse flash aka Zoom
Bart: Inertia
>>
I feel like the better analogy is to use Superman villains. Cold is like Lex Luthor, Zoom is like Brainiac.
>>
>>77509028
Not quite. Thawne is the original reverse flash and the name is just a silver age one liner. "The flash likes to do good, but I do crime, I'm like the flash in reverse". He actually refers to himself as prof zoom and doesn't like being called the reverse flash.

Zolomon took up the mantle to get at Wally. It was part of his "you need to face tragedy like Barry to become a good superhero" schtick.

Daniel is kind of his own thing on the side right now. He has reverse powers but I don't think he has take on the title reverse flash.
>>
>>77509260
Zoom uses future science to extract and magnify speed force residue on one of flashes suits to give himself powers. When the suit is destroyed he uses a few more methods to get speed, one being a magic necklace.

Zolomon is disconnected from time after an accident on the cosmic treadmill. This disconnect gives him the illusion of speed.

West was bathed in speed force in the mirror world, he can seemingly consume speed force and use it to travel back in time. In the present he has super speed much like the flash.
>>
>>77509426
>Zoom uses future science
Prof Zoom.
>>
>>77508391

I think you're confusing Cold with Captain Boomerang. Even though Boomerang can be brutal when he is still written as a joke.
>>
>>77503598
Snart is more of a Friendenemy than a rival
>>
>>77509276
Oh, so Cold is the better villain, okay.
>>
>>77513287
Yep!
>>
>>77513287
Cold is definitely the deeper and more nuanced villain. Thawne, for all his greatness, is really just a psycho stalker who can time travel.

I'd say that Professor Zoom is Barry's archenemy and main villain, if only because he's done the more horrific acts (killing wives and mothers), but Cold is the better character and adds a really neat dynamic. The Flashverse would be poorer without Cold.
>>
>>77508944
Freeze is great in BTAS but his every other modern appearence proves he's sadly a one trick pony if writers want to continue using him. New 52 kinda tried to just shift him in generic mad scientist role after the first weird idea for him, but it didn't work.

Meanwhile Cold can still get the same sympathy points for having a moral code and turning to a life of crime because of tragic circumstances and doesn't provide such problems. Hence while I like both (and, while we're at that, the first Killer Frost too), Cold's superior.
>>
>>77509132
New 52 just made Heat Wave into a second Firefly sadly. Both of his past characterizations (panically afraid of low temperatures before Johns/pyromaniac afraid of his condition under Johns) were superior, and I liked him more when he did anything other than scream at everyone around him and die in crossovers.
>>
>>77503683
Here's the thing. Grodd is telepathic. Flash can move faster than signals travel through Grodd's brain. Flash could beat Grodd into a pile of hairy monkey pulp before Grodd even knew he was there. Same for Cold. He wouldn't even have time to lift his gun before Barry turned it on him and froze his nuts off. How dfo they get the drop on him so often?
>>
>>77503598
why is zoom a bad guy and why des barry hate him?

If it weren't for him Barry wouldn't be the man he is today, wouldn't have the life he does, the power, the wife, have saved so many people. I know he's not mentally stable, but wasn't he initially after validation from his hero? Something which he never got?
>>
>>77520397
Professor Zoom's had multiple origins. But yeah, one of them is that he worshipped the Flash and was a total fanboy. Then he found out that his hero was destined to kill him, and he snapped. So he exchanged hero-worship for angry obsession.
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.