[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Ships that make no sense
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4
File: CTn8oXRWwAAjj6U.jpg (158 KB, 600x911) Image search: [Google]
CTn8oXRWwAAjj6U.jpg
158 KB, 600x911
>Kate Bishop & Ms America Chavez
>>
Makes sense when you realize that no one says no to America.

NO ONE
>>
Everyone blames Hudlin for this but I blame Claremont for that silly issue of Marvel Team Up
>>
>>77501450
Well lesbians win big cred with the social justice crowd, like Korra and Asami hooking up.

Hey look one's brown and the others pale even!
>>
>>77501467
Pretty much this. I don't want to say Mary Sue but...
>>
>Is old timey
>talks in modern vernacular

tropes i hate
>>
>>77501450
Isn't it all because of one conversation they had, that went like:

Kate: Am I the only person here who's straight!?
America: I've seen the way you look at me. You're not that straight.
>>
>>77501474
why it doesn't make sense?

both being black isn't a reason
>>
>>77501450
How many times are you going to bitch about this?
>>
>>77501507
Yep. And everyone took that shit to the bank.
>>
>>77501502
It's from a spoof comic.
>>
>>77501507
>>77501526
I'm glad Lemire is going with Noh-Varr for Kate. It's doubly sweet because it is the one straight pairing Gillen created.
>>
>>77501568
>I'm glad Lemire is going with Noh-Varr for Kate
Literally at the bottom of Kate ships IMO

Patriot and Speed are her only decent ones
>>
>>77501568
>not Kid Loki and America
Shame.
>>
>>77501587
Patriot is shit

I might agree with Speed
>>
>>77501518
something something they barely interacted before a big retcon was instituted that they were once young and in love forever ago
>>
>>77501604
>Patriot is shit
Shit taste
t
b
h
M8
>>
>>77501604
>>77501616
Where the fuck has he been anyway?
>>
>>77501616
He's annoying, whiny, bossy and a full beta to boot. Kate would have destroyed him
>>
>>77501624
limbo

>>77501668
>bossy and a full beta to boot
LMAO
>>
File: 1442663058904.png (1 MB, 1280x1893) Image search: [Google]
1442663058904.png
1 MB, 1280x1893
Nah
>>
>>77501668
>bossy and a full beta to boot
Are those compatible?
>>
>>77501911
Full beta with Kate.

Bossy with everyone else and sometimes with Kate during missions (not that she ever took his crap).
>>
Yeah I don't actually really get this one either. Kate seems pretty straight apart from this one thing: >>77501507 which is entirely on Miss America.

It's not like Magik who has been a closet dyke since practically her introduction.
>>
>>77501450
Korrasami
>>
>>77501949
>It's not like Magik who has been a closet dyke since practically her introduction.
But she liked dick under Claremont. She had a collection of naked men magazines even.
>>
>>77501467
I feel like there's a thing that needs to be done with Miss America about how she lived in a literal utopia where she faced no discrimination or horror but is fully credited with facing it here? I mean how is her superhero gig not just a flirtation with slumming it, or pure vanity?

I'm not saying that she doesn't (or can't) do good, or that the discrimination she does face on Earth is invalid - but it's important to consider her origins, too. It reminds me a bit of the Culture series and the self-doubt they have because they are a utopian society which intervenes and acts in more primitive, less utopian societies. America just seems to skip over that hypocritical element of her origins entirely.
>>
>>77502012
Let's be real anon. Has Claremont ever written a woman who wasn't bisexual?
>>
>>77502012
Yeah but no actual relationship, either way. It's easy to read her as being closeted.
>>
>>77502015
Looks like someone forgot to check their privilege.
You don't know what she's had to deal with growing up as a lesbian, so don't pretend to understand her struggle.
>>
>>77501544
And written by a hack
So it all works
>>
>>77502068
I know this is a troll post, but it's important to realise she comes from a literal non-discriminatory utopia. The lesbian point is more valid though because she wasn't fully 'out' till she was already in our reality IIRC, she was dating with some dude for a while.
>>
>>77502033
I don't really know. Claremont had many chances to out his characters if he really meant them to be bi, he never did it though. By 2006 he had the chance to out Rachel, Kitty, Storm, Psylocke, Rogue. He didn't out any of them. Just kept teasing. Not even Alan Davis knew what Claremont really wanted.

I think Claremont accepts all his characters are straight but likes to show them having a bond deeper than sexual attraction.
>>
File: YA1-2.jpg (188 KB, 650x1023) Image search: [Google]
YA1-2.jpg
188 KB, 650x1023
>>77501948
>Full beta with Kate
no he wasn't
>>
>>77501450
What fresh hell is this from?
>>
>>77501587
I miss her crush on Bucky
>>
>>77503143
>Not being able to speak about his feelings openly
>Behaves like an awkward dipshit instead
>Kate confronts him on his bullshit
>Awkward kiss rejected midway.
>Apologizes for the kiss afterwards
>not a beta
you are right, he was in a level below even beta.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.