[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>"I think you and I are destined to do this forever."
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 3
File: dark-knight-joker-upside-down.png (265 KB, 841x349) Image search: [Google]
dark-knight-joker-upside-down.png
265 KB, 841x349
>"I think you and I are destined to do this forever."
>Batman and Joker never meet again in this continuity.

Explain.
>>
>>77483053
Heap Letcher died from sleep apnea so he couldn't direct the second flick
>>
>>77483053
Heath Ledger died from drugs.
>>
Actually according to the novelization The Joker is still in prison, leaving plenty of time for Bruce Wayne to visit him and make sure he's locked up.
>>
The Joker Curse
>>
Was it said that Batman quit directly following Harvey's death? If not I guess it could be headcanon that they fought a bunch in between.
>>
>>77483101
If the Joker is locked up and in DKR Bane releases all prisoners from prison, where is the Joker?
>>
Heath died is what happened. Nolan planned on using him again in some capacity in the sequel. He didn't even want to make TDKR after he died, but WB gave him loadsamone so he went full auteur and gave us baneposting instead.
>>
>>77483067
>>77483077
Heath Ledger's death has nothing to do with Batman quitting immediately for eight years.
>>
>>77483142
http://comicsalliance.com/dark-knight-rises-novelization-joker-heath-ledger/
Joker was in Arkham. Bane opened Blackgate.
>>
You know what would have actually been cool? Have the Joker show up in the sequel, but played by a completely different guy in a completely different costume and personality, with no explanation at all. And no one acknowledges this fact and acts like it's the same guy.

Audiences probably wouldn't get it though.
>>
>>77483142
Dead. He OD on sleeping pills while in prison.
>>
>>77483053
One of Scarlet Witch's sisters killed him.
>>
Remember when Scarecrow was playing Judge in TDKR? That was mean to be Joker.
>>
>>77483274
No it wasn't
>>
>>77483053
he meant meta wise
every reboot will have a batman vs joker plot
>>
I really wonder how different TDKR would have been if Heath Ledger lived.

Of course it's needless to say that the Joker would have been in it, but how big of a role would he have had? Would they have Arkham'd it and made him the true mastermind behind Bane?
>>
We'll never know what would have happened if Heath hadn't died, but honestly that line is just a nod to the long history between the two characters in comics and other media. I don't know if they would have had the Joker in the 3rd movie even if Heath had lived.
>>
>>77483351
Hyper sane
>>
Wonder what role Joker would have had, if any, if Heath was still alive.

I want to imagine he'd be in the prison hole thing or something. The guy who acted as Bruce's guide or whatever was really random since he came out of nowhere but we were meant to trust him or have sympathy or something. I want to imagine that was supposed to be a Joker role, since Nolan would probably love that "OMG HIS WORST ENEMY IS NOW HIS ONLY ALLY WHAT A GREAT PLOTLINE".
>>
>>77483169
Yeah, but if Arkham is within Gotham and Bane let all the prisoners out, he would have opened Arkham too.

It's not like he missed all the holding pens and police cells and they came back after the movie to find a bunch of DUIs starved to death in their cells.

>>77483171
>audiences probably wouldn't get that it's not a documentary
>>
>>77483790
Haven't read the book, but I believe the idea is that Joker is the one and only inmate at Arkham and everyone else has been moved to Blackgate
>>
>>77483158
The Scarecrow replaced Joker in the court scenes.
>>
>>77483169
>linking to comicsalliance
>>
batman took the wrap for murders. joker won, as did batman, and gotham. it was a win win win predicated off a lie. joker was defeated without bruce killing a single man himself :)
it was a brilliant chess move. didnt notice it until a few years ago
>>
File: 1393025855046.jpg (21 KB, 215x253) Image search: [Google]
1393025855046.jpg
21 KB, 215x253
>>77483162
You cannot be this delusional.
>>
>>77483309

Yes it was.
>>
>>77485124
Source.
>>
>>77483171
You mean like what they did with War Machine in the Iron Man movies?
>>
>>77487002
No, because in that they made a reference to it and Cheadle played the character in approximately the same way.

I'm talking about an actor doing a totally different interpretation of the character. Morrison said in AA that Joker reinvents himself constantly in response to his environment, maybe he becomes more organized and less anarchic in response to Bane, maybe they even go Dark Knight style and have him basically unresponsive while Batman is gone, then comes back totally unhinged with excitement when Batman returns.
>>
where were u when heat legend is dead
>>
>>77483238
Red Sorceress?
>>
>>77487002
All black guys look the same
>>
>>77484657

what comic is this from?
>>
>>77483445

I figured he'd have Scarecrow's spot on the kangaroo court.
>>
>>77483274

I could see that, but I liked having Crane there just cause he'd been all in all the other movies already so why the fuck not?

Plus, he had more of a connection to the League of Shadows than Joker.
>>
>>77483984
>The Scarecrow replaced Joker in the court scenes.

>Joker playing judge when some other asshole who isn't him is fucking up Gotham

Fuck that noise in its entirety. You think the Joker is gonna sit back while some other cunt breaks the Bat and fucks Gotham? Fat chance. His ego and obsession with Batman wouldn't allow it.
>>
>>77488871
Morrison can suck a dick
>>
>>77483053
Nolan is a hack.
>>
>>77489818
Old Rhodey died offscreen so Pepper bought Tony a black best friend to replace him since nobody can tell black dudes apart.
>>
it's a fourth wall joke about Batman fighting Joker for 70 years now or whatever.

>it's not a funny joke

Yeah, well, it's Nolan's Joker.
>>
There was an interview shortly after the first movie that detailed how the second and third movie were supposed to go down.

>Movie two - Joker's introduction and capture
>Movie three - Joker's in Arkham and escapes

I wish I could find it, I want to say that it was Nolan who answered the movie two and three possibilities.
>>
>>77490643
Found an article referencing the original Nolan interview.

>http://moviepilot.com/posts/2387918?lt_source=external,manual
>>
>>77490263

There was a scene in The Long Halloween (or the sequel) where Harvey makes a Kangaroo court with all Batman's enemies as the jury and Joker can't sit still and keeps fucking off. Pisses off Harvey so bad.

>>77490593

It's not so much a joke as meta-comment.
>>
>>77483142
Joker was locked up in federal prison for acts of domestic terrorism of course

This isnt some comic book, Joker saying the stuff in the OP is meant to be ironic
>>
>>77483053
He goes to prison.
Also that comment was pretty meta, in other continuities the fight between Batman and the Joker will go on, pretty much forever.
>>
>>77490593
I'm pretty sure it's reference to The Killing Joke
>>
IRL, Heat Legend is die, thus no more Joker

In-universe? Well, to borrow a line from Suicide Squad, they put him in a hole and threw away the whole. During the events of TDKR, he was locked up good and tight in a maximum security facility somewhere. The way I figure, even Bane thought it was best not to let him out.
>>
>>77483162
I didn't really pay attention, but was it "immediately"?
How completely fucked his body was supposed to be at the beginning made me assume he had been batman for awhile and then retired
>>
>>77489710
>Red Sorceress
>>
>>77489710
>>77495876
Crimson Conjurer?
>>
>>77483445
>since Nolan would probably love that "OMG HIS WORST ENEMY IS NOW HIS ONLY ALLY WHAT A GREAT PLOTLINE".
Have you ever actually watched a Nolan movie in your life, or do you just repost what the memers tell you?
>>
>>77483053
Joker killed himself.
He was depressed and abusing various substances. His Gotham rampage was an actual cry for help. If only Arkham was in place...
>>
>>77496242

>He was depressed and abusing various substances. His Gotham rampage was an actual cry for help. If only Arkham was in place...

I wasn't prepared for these feels.

Also I think drug abuser Joker. Not because it makes him more edgy or because I'm a DARE fag but because it makes him more real. He just straight up seems like the guy that would enjoy a crazy drug binger. Sell them too.

And it could explain away his behavior. I mean, most "insane" people are that because of hard drug abuse.

My head canon is that he was the Red Hood first as a super villain looking to get paid and get out of the game. Batman happend, he feel in the acid, got incredible fucked up both physically AND mentally and just spiraled out of sanity from there.

Batman doesn't kill him because figuring out how he was, he feels guilty. Younger Batman said "fuck it, he's gone" when he feel in the chemicals. Batman feels... The Joker is the price he payed for being careless and letting the Red Hood "die".
>>
>>77496325

>Also I think drug abuser Joke

*like not think
>>
>>77483096
>The Joker stays locked up for 8 years.
Nolan Arkham confirmed for best Arkham?
>>
>>77496345

Nolan Arkham confirmed for ONLY ARKHAM THAT ACTUALLY DOES ITS JOB apparently.
>>
>>77489959
looks like fan art
>>
>>77490643
That was before Two-Face was going to be in TDK.
>>
what if Nolan's Gotham actually sentenced Joker to death?

what if all this time Nolan truly was the hero we deserved
>>
>>77483162
Actually the whole TDKR story had to be rewritten once Heath died. They did a pretty half-assed job, too. Rises is by far Nolan's least polished movie.
>>
>>77483169
Then explain how scarecrow was let out.
Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.