[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Story Ideas for Batman
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: batman-wingsuit.jpg (48 KB, 550x420) Image search: [Google]
batman-wingsuit.jpg
48 KB, 550x420
I've been tasked with writing a short story about Batman for class. The themes are about carrying the burden of everyone. Ideas?
>>
>>77478147
Better get writing.
>>
>>77478147

Machiavellian story about batman ceasing corporations of rival villains and Gotham figures to economically strengthen the city therefore fight crime on a macro scale.
>>
>>77479949

I'd read this.

But if OP's professor is a standard-faire literature libkek, he'd be safer writing a story where Batman isn't white and prioritizes fighting street-level crime. Twist: the police have actually been patronizing crime for the past twenty years in order to ensure their jobs are relevant.

If it's for a class, spoon feed them some bullshit. They don't deserve your best.

If it's for passion, write your goddamn heart out.
>>
>>77478147
Make it about Jim Gordon. The only honest cop in Gotham City. Make it about how his own fellow policemen, who are supposed to uphold the law and virtue are so damned unlawful and unvirtuous that Gordon has had to break the law in every conceivable way, and turn to a vigilante as his only trustworthy ally. A vigilante who trains and fields child soldiers. One who is very likely insane, despite his good intentions. And then when he goes home for the day, write about how he's struggling to be a father to Barbara, and coping with the loss of his wife. Make it about how he goes through hell at work and at home, goes to sleep, and wakes up the next morning to take it all on again because nobody else can.
>>
Batman goes undercover as a prisoner inside Arkham Asylum to find out how and why his enemies continuously escape
>>
How about the fact that Batman never fucking sleeps?

I mean, he must shoot up drugs and shit to keep him going. Crime doesn't stop, and he has to put up as much of a front of being Bruce Wayne as possible.

So what about a hell week where he just can't get any sleep, but he has to be on point with everything he does?

Hard for him to be an idea when his body requires rest.
>>
I was thinking about the BTAS episode where Dick and Tim talk about how Bruce is violent and stuff, and they follow the life of a guy who went from thug to security guard for Bruce, because he scared him as Batman, then hired him as Bruce.

I suppose making a story/testimony of people who have been affected by batman and hope that he has a happy fulfilled life or whatever, is the way to go.

I know i'd like to focus more on the people in gotham and the effect of Batman on them, considering your assignment. First because they rarely get the focus in stories, but also because everyone in your class is likely to write a cliche story with Batman as the main chara.
>>
>>77478147
make it about Bane

here you go, done
>>
OP here, and I finished it. It's garbage. These are neat ideas that I'll probably save for my own personal writing, though.
>>
>>77478147
>creative writing class
>story about carrying everyone else's burden
>not about being a burden to everyone else
this is getting into deep fantasy territory
>>
>>77483828
I didn't get to come up with the themes.
>>
A dying wealthy man hires Deathstroke to capture Batman and put him in a confessional booth. The dying man confesses to batman in an attempt to make Batman carry his burdens.
>>
Joker is dying, but he swaps brains with Bats. Just before Bats died he mind-raped Joker into trying to be good. So Joker set out to become Better Batman.

But then he realized it's too hard and shot himself.
>>
For every man shall bear his own burden - Galatians 6:5

The themes are about carrying the burden of everyone and Batman stories are usually about a man dealing with depression and loss

pick something that's been troubling you and drape it over with some super powered mythical imagery

Since writing this paper is weighing heavily on your mind then You can take the Riddler and use him as a stand in for your writing professor… Batman has to complete a riddle which is an allusion to your short story

whatever thought or struggle you have write it down and don't worry about it making sense first focusing on letting it all out then go over your notes and start editing it to fit in with your Batman story

Just have fun, me personally, I would like to do a deep character introspection by having the Riddler ask, "Does Gotham need the Batman" this leads him and others to do random crimes driving Bats into action to see if the city really does need him (spoilers! they do)

the story should showcase different characters like Gordon and Barbara providing some sort of narration to carry the story's themes forward Batman helps Jim and inspires Babs

Just spitballing here just make sure it fits your typical short story model

good luck
>>
An extremely long night of crime-fighting, dealing with like two or three named super-villains along the way. However, he fails to stop a random, unpredictable mugging which ends in a homicide, and beats himself up for it.

Bam, super-easy assignment material.
>>
>>77478147
What class are you taking and why didn't I take it?
>>
>>77480063
Why not piss his professor off? Batman has to fight a new terrorist organization who claim they want to achieve equality. However they do this by killing middle class civilians and releasing minorities that are in prison no matter what the charge is.
>>
File: 1445571141745.jpg (42 KB, 525x551) Image search: [Google]
1445571141745.jpg
42 KB, 525x551
>>77478147
write about Batman eradicating Islam from Gotham
>>
>>77483805
share it on pastebin or somethng, OP. It can't be that bad.
>>
A rookie cop accidentally kills the Joker, turns out its not an accident batman finds out and goes after him puts him on jail. The gotham opinion divides and story is about points of view about this man trial, sentence and Batman's feelings.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.