[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So they just flat out stopped making original cartoons?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (110 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
110 KB, 500x500
So they just flat out stopped making original cartoons?
>>
I heard something about them working with Sony on a project.
>>
>>77445038
I hear the next season of Bravest Warriors is being made. I guess it just takes a long time.

I want more original shorts though. I liked those.
>>
>>77445038
They probably weren't covering their costs, seeing that they had to resort to patreon for Bee and Puppycat.
At least they tried.
>>
>>77445038
Animation is super expensive and time consuming, I assume they are just focusing on the brands that are popular (bravest warriors, be and puppycat) and the season format of those programs takes some time to complete.
>>
I submitted a pitch to them.
Making an original idea that's appealing to them, and presumably kids, is difficult.
>>
>>77446594
How does one even go about submitting pitches to people unless if you've already got personal connections or extensive experience as a storyboarder/writer?

I've always liked the idea of making cartoons, but the only way in seems to be moving to California to get an arts degree and making solid connections or landing an internship for the duration of that.
>>
They still make stuff. It's just in the works. They post production work on their blog from time to time. The next season of Bravest Warriors is coming soon. The reason they have so much "101 facts" and other shit is because that stuff makes money. YouTube pays animators pretty badly.
>>
>>77446687
>YouTube pays animators pretty badly.

Christ, what was the last actual thing from them? Was it Fin Punch?

God what a way to go.
>>
Has there not been a new episode of Bee and Puppycat for like a year now?
>>
I almost submitted a pitch to them but now it's starting to seem like Amazon is the better way to go.
>>
>>77446594
I pitched to them too and ended up being rejected by Fred. It really is difficult, they say they're open to all sorts of stuff, but looking at what they approve, they have a very specific taste.
>>
>>77446683
Make comics. That'll get you noticed as a skilled worker in Sequential Art.
>>
>>77446594
I'm scottish and pitched to them.Still have the eric guys email.He said it seemed more like a full series and like avatar even though it wasnt really.
>>
>>77451138
Exactly.Its all very samey art and writing wise as they want mostly comedy for the website.
>>
>>77451266
Which is why Amazon is starting to seem more and more attractive. But I'm not sure what happens to IP rights if someone goes to pilot but then fails to get picked up for series.

I should just wait it out maybe. I have a couple of leads to pursue. They're just gonna take a couple of years instead of being useable right now.
>>
>>77451266
From their earlier batch of shorts and looking at what they approved so far, they're looking for simple comedy shorts with a quirky premise and preferably Adventure time-esque humor. And they're a bit more adventurous if it's an idea by an Adventure Time alumni.

Kind of a pity desu, most of the shorts from the last batch were crap. It's a pity they're not putting their resources towards making things that are actually cool rather than stuff that doesn't rise above the mass of mediocre Youtube animation.
>>
>>77445038
>So they just flat out stopped making original cartoons?
I hope so. With what the anons typed in this thread, CH is not breaking any new ground, after a while the audience will become bored and null of watching regurgitating trite. You can't imitate the same success of a previously established show by copying its formula.
>>
>>77448138
Fin Punch wasn't even an original animation.

The cartoon was originally in Spanish, and all they did was dub it.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.