[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
STUPID /CO/-RELATED THINGS YOU BELIEVED AS KIDS
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 8
File: Homer Bodyguard.gif (13 KB, 300x345) Image search: [Google]
Homer Bodyguard.gif
13 KB, 300x345
Thanks to this episode of The Simpsons, I used to think Mohammed was a brand of mayo and Ramadan was a spicy plate.
>>
Because of JLU, I didn't know the character was called Martian Manhunter. They always just called him J'onn and never his superhero name.
>>
I thought all jawbreakers were the size of your head thanks to Ed Edd n Eddy. I also thought they would be good.
>>
>>77438039
Here in Brazil we call him "Ajax", which is also a brand of bleach.
>>
File: 1438895124844.png (151 KB, 643x354) Image search: [Google]
1438895124844.png
151 KB, 643x354
>>77438128
>Here in Brazil we call him "Ajax", which is also a brand of bleach.
>>
File: 2dd.jpg (38 KB, 560x560) Image search: [Google]
2dd.jpg
38 KB, 560x560
>>77437910
I always thought hot food served in school was some sort of a fantasy and it didn't really happen but it does maybe it's more common in America because in elementary school there was never any hot food served sometimes soup leave alone fries or pizza or whatever looked really tasty.
>>
File: 1441080998552.png (49 KB, 1105x586) Image search: [Google]
1441080998552.png
49 KB, 1105x586
>>77438039
I wasn't the only one
>>
>>77437910
HOW
>>
>>77437910
I thought G'nort was just a really shaggy old man and Franklin Richards would end up being a total pre-cog similar to Dreamy.
>>
>>77438039
He was called Martian Manhunter a handful of times, but just not by his teammates.

Task Force X comes to mind.
>>
File: DAFUQ AM I READING.jpg (37 KB, 795x597) Image search: [Google]
DAFUQ AM I READING.jpg
37 KB, 795x597
>>77437910
That episode of B:TAS where Bruce Wayne is stuck in a dream concocted by the Mad Hatter in which he isn't Batman has him realize that he's in a dream because all the text is unintelligible, and you can't read in dreams because of the fact that reading requires the left brain, but dreaming is done by the right brain.

Except, that's not a fact. That's not true at all. But I believed it for so long until one day, I got curious and Googled it.

I don't know if it was some self-fulfilling prophecy, but I could swear that I could never read in my dreams, which I simply took to be confirmation of this true fact Batman taught me.
>>
>>77445460
I swear I've had dreams that were just walls of perfectly legible text.
>>
>>77438414
Nope, it's just a myth.

It's fucking disgusting here, and makes army rations look good. It only ever gets good, or at least decent, once you hit college.
>>
>>77446518
My high school was pretty good for the first couple of years, but then declined a lot, both because the food got shittier, and because I got tired of it. Now I'm at the same place in college but I can't afford to eat anywhere else besides shitty fast food.
>>
File: fuck.gif (455 KB, 425x320) Image search: [Google]
fuck.gif
455 KB, 425x320
For a while I thought "Crab" was spelled "Krab"
Thanks Spongebob
>>
>>77445460
Dreams do tend to mess with text, though. It might be hard to read, it might not make sense, or a sentence might change if you look away and look back.
>>
>>77445581
Was it just shitposting?
>>
>>77445460
Since you mentioned B:TAS

After watching an unspecific episode where Penguin makes his escape, I believed that umbrellas functioned similarly to parachutes.

If it wasn't for the bugnet, there's a real chance I would have tested this hypothesis from my 4 story apartment house window.
>>
When I was little, I rode past the transmission station where the local NBC affiliate received their broadcasts from, and for a year or more afterward, I was convinced that all my favorite Saturday-morning NBC cartoon characters all lived in a cramped one-room building with a satellite dish on the roof.
>>
>>77446718
I remember trying the same thing from the top of my parents' bed or nightstand after I watched Mary Poppins. I think I trie it with plastic bags, too.
>>
>>77446718
>>77446953

Hank Venture? Is that you?
>>
I actually thought Drederick Tatum was a real life boxer
>>
I called called them "riddler marks" instead of "question marks" when I was a kid.
>>
>>77446724
Now that's a sitcom I'd watch.
>>
When Nelson Muntz said that 'epidermis' meant hair.

Everyone at school was convinced by this and I, who actually knew it meant skin, tried to correct everyone and they thought I was the stupid one.
>>
Not really because of a specific cartoon or anything but;
As a child, I use to think all cartoons were actors in costumes and a painted backdrop. The concept of hundreds of drawings making movement was mindblowing at the time. I could never watch The Hunchback of Notre Dame because during the scene were Quasimodo was on the spinning wheel and having stuff thrown at him, I believed a legitimate man was being tortured. In the same vein of thought, I also use to believe that if a movie had a character seen at different ages, such as a child and then an adult, that it was the same actor and that they would record all the kid scenes and wait till they were older to film the rest.
>>
>>77447317
That's really cute desu.
>>
>>77437910
I didn't think a wolverine was a real animal.I thought it was Logan's superhero name.
>>
>>77446661
He said legible
>>
>>77450154
someone knows my pain
>>
File: moominland1.jpg (68 KB, 720x544) Image search: [Google]
moominland1.jpg
68 KB, 720x544
They mentioned something about comets having a tail, so I thought comets had an actual tail.
>>
>>77437910
I thought that Hell's Kitchen was a literal kitchen where criminals got together and cook. The reason that there was radioactive waste there to get spilled on Matt Murdock is that criminals are bad people so they eat bad things that are poisonous to other people.
>>
>>77437910
I was pretty good at not believing really obvious bullshit like cartoon characters actually existing, but still dumb enough to just assume without thinking that more mundane fake things in cartoons must be real.

For a Simpsons example, I thought double-o-negative blood, or whatever it was called, really was a rare blood type. Sounded legit at the time.

Also I thought that Springfield was meant to consistently be set in one specific state, and I just hadn't realized which one yet. Though I think a lot of people still think that.
>>
On my very first day of school I assumed I could sit anywhere I wanted in the cafeteria like in the cartoons, turns out we had to sit with our class in specific order. I was disappoint.
>>
>>77451658
Oh wait, remembered wrong,that blood type is real.

It was the disease in the episode that was fake, hypohemia, that I thought was real.

I'm still dumb.
>>
>>77451658
I always thought it was neat that the Simpsons took place in that town just up the highway.
>>
File: buster shades.jpg (7 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
buster shades.jpg
7 KB, 259x194
>>77437910

I thought VA's John Kassir and Charlie Adler were the same person. they sound so much alike and both voiced Buster Bunny so.
>>
When I was very young I believed Anime would be released seasonally just like american cartoons. In the case of Pokemon Johto coming out a week after the Kanto series ended I would say "wow, they made that really fast." In the case of Dragon Ball Z I would say " why is this taking so long to come out and why does it look like shit?" I also thought the networks made all the cartoons that they broadcasted.
>>
>>77445460
I fucking believed this until recently when I read in my dream.
>>
>>77451684
>hypohemia
Might just be a mispronunciation, the condition is "Hypovolemia".

Honestly, that term is unambiguous enough that I doubt any but the most pedantic would call you out on using it.
>>
>>77450547
I on the other hand thought that everything was redrawn for every frame, and that there were like tons of frames each second. I couldn't grasp how they managed it, until I actually took a look at the background in one show and noticed that it was obviously a single painting.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.