[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
BATMAN SHARES A PIZZA WITH THE TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES ON
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 15
>The six-issue series is scheduled to debut in December, from the creative team of writer James Tynion IV and artist Freddie E. Wiliams II. In the series, the Turtles -- and Shredder -- find themselves transported from their dimension to the DC Universe's Gotham City. As they attempt to get home, they cross paths with Batman and, naturally, a number of his villains.

>"Batman/Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" #1 arrives Dec. 9. The retailer variants/artist list is as follows:

>GABRIELLE DELL'OTTO
>Bulletproof Comics

>NICK DRAGOTTA
>Planet Comics

>DAVE WILKINS
>Gamestop (Rewards)

>KENNETH ROCAFORT
>Captain's Comics and Toys

>IVAN REIS
>Hall Of Comics

>NEAL ADAMS
>Dynamic Forces

>RAFAEL ALBUQUERQUE
>Fried Pie Comics

>EDDIE NUNEZ
>Amazing Comic Conventions

>CLIFF CHIANG
>Midtown Comics

>TYLER KIRKHAM
>Hastings

>MICHAEL ALLRED
>Newbury Comics

>CARLOS D'ANDA
>Comickaze

>STANLEY “ARTGERM” LAU
>Conquest Comics

>http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/exclusive-batman-shares-a-pizza-with-the-teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-on-new-variants

So they're going the DK3 route with a fuckton of retailer exclusive variants.

If only Tynion wasn't the writer on this I would be getting them all.
>>
>>
>>
Will Nobody be in it?
>>
>>
We all know Bats and Leo will be silent besties.
>>
This is so stupid and absolutely everything I've ever wanted
>>
Really? GameStop?
>>
>>77433407
....this isn't Kingdom Hearts!.....nah just kidding the character? Not likely as she's minor.
>>
File: rocafort.jpg (114 KB, 575x872) Image search: [Google]
rocafort.jpg
114 KB, 575x872
Kenneth Rocafort Variant
>>
>>77433421
based Chiang
>>
>>77433354
Damn good stuff but why aren't they eating at a table?
>>77433394
As much as I love Allred's art, the Turtles are kind of a mess.
>>77433401
The Turtles' eyes are bothering me, but otherwise great
>>77433421
Not quite sure what's going on in the fight, but 9/10
>>77434087
Best of the bunch; composition, colouring, lineart... everything is 10/10
>>
I'm curious. Will Batman fight the Shredder? Will the Turtles fight Killer Croc?
>>
File: EDDIE_NUNEZ.jpg (326 KB, 475x734) Image search: [Google]
EDDIE_NUNEZ.jpg
326 KB, 475x734
>>
File: IVAN_REIS.jpg (112 KB, 418x640) Image search: [Google]
IVAN_REIS.jpg
112 KB, 418x640
>>
File: NEAL_ADAMS.jpg (106 KB, 434x640) Image search: [Google]
NEAL_ADAMS.jpg
106 KB, 434x640
>>
>>77433586
They couldn't use Funcoland now could they?
>>
File: RAFAEL_ALBUQUERQUE.jpg (247 KB, 475x721) Image search: [Google]
RAFAEL_ALBUQUERQUE.jpg
247 KB, 475x721
>>
File: TYLER_KIRKHAM.jpg (350 KB, 475x721) Image search: [Google]
TYLER_KIRKHAM.jpg
350 KB, 475x721
>>
>>77433594
>she's minor.
>she
She?
>>
>>77433354
I'm not sure someone pointed the homage
>>
>>77436411

Rimshot.
>>
>>77436432

Ever see the 2K3 show? Remember Casey's little friend Angel?

A grown up version of her is IDW's version of Nobody.
>>
>>77436543
How old is she in IDW by the way? Around 20? Like Casey and April.
>>
>>77436666

Lat teens, early 20s, somewhere in that range.
>>
These retailer variants seem weird to me. Like most people don't actually live near any of them so what's the point?

>writer James Tynion IV

alas
>>
>>77436777
Yes that's what I thought. Karai too I guess. Based little chunin.
>>
File: artgem.jpg (228 KB, 790x1200) Image search: [Google]
artgem.jpg
228 KB, 790x1200
Art Germ
>>
Why there never was Daredevil crossover?
>>
>>77436912
Ask Marvel. Anyway a crossover with Daredevil would have been nice with Mirage turtles because of their origins but with IDW turtles it's not so coherent...
>>
>>77436912

Considering how buddy buddy IDW, Marvel, and Disney are these days, that could very well happen.
>>
>>77436991
What? Explain please.
>>
>>77437017

Disney owns Marvel, IDW has the rights to reprint Marvel comics (and is doing new ROM and Micronauts comics), and Disney gave IDW exclusive rights to make new Mickey, Donald, and Goofy comics.
>>
>>77437131
So, Disney knows marvel is trash and lets IDW handle their IPs? But IDW is not that much better.
>>
>>77437131
Ok. Good to know. I don't really see a crossover with any Marvel characters. Marvel comics now are just...I don't know...crap?
>>
>>77437207

If they thought Marvel was trash they wouldn't have given them Star Wars. And a few comics based on, bizarrely, Disney theme park rides.
>>
>>77433354
So...

Dick = Leo
Ralph = Jason
Donnie = Tim
Mikey = Carrie.
>>
>>77436777
so she's NOT a minor character then
>>77436475
ohhh okay. i didn't get it at first. I was like since when does he have a rod up his ass like that.
>>
>>77437248
Well, Disney obviously just doesn't love Star Wars as much as their own IPs. Besides, Marvel is simply a bigger name than IDW by a large margin.
>>
File: ohdearohmy.png (273 KB, 813x694) Image search: [Google]
ohdearohmy.png
273 KB, 813x694
>>77436202
>yfw IDW Shredder meets Ra's Al Ghul
> The Foot Clan vs. League of Assassins
> Suddenly they realize they have a lot in common and in foes.
> Team-Up between both begins
>>
>>77437289
Mikey = Stephanie

Look deep into your heart. You know it's true.
>>
>>77437887

NO! She was a shitty robin!

And she stole the spot of first female robin from carrie kelly!
>>
>>77433554
I said the same when I heard about the Green Lantern Star Trek crossover. It's great that company crossovers are still an ongoing trend
>>
>>77436475
Ohhhhh... Now I feel dumb. In my defence, I haven't read TDKR in a while.
>>77437207
It's more that Marvel don't want to publish "funny animal" comics
>>77437248
Disney IPs in comics is really weird right now; I'd have put good money on Marvel just straight up becoming another Disney publishing house, but everything's all over the place. The last time things got anywhere near this crazy was when Dark Horse were publishing Tarzan, Monsters inc and The Incredibles adaptations, Slave Labor Graphics had about a dozen Gargoyles miniseries all at once and Gemstone were almost done shitting the bed with their stupid speculation crap.
>>
>>77434298
>As much as I love Allred's art, the Turtles are kind of a mess.
I was gonna post saying "this guy's art is normally boring, and that mostly sucks because it's a boring composition and the Batman is awful, but the turtles are unusually expressive for him"

Then I read your comment and laughed out loud

What exactly is it about that guy's art that people like? Is it because people see it as "old-school"? Cuz I ain't seeing it (and if so what "old-school" art does his art resemble).
>>
>>77433354
>not daredevil

Goddamnit
>>
>>77441368
I just love Madman, man. If anything, the Turtles are a little TOO expressive for my liking - they're verging on "spaghetti & meatballs" on that cover.
>>
>>77441604
>too expressive
No such thing, people make the silliest faces.

Okay, I figured his 90s art would be alright. The coloring on the modern stuff just sucks the life out of em and his (intentionally, but ehhhhh) stiff posing doesn't help.

I understand why people find his 90s stuff charming even if I'm not really a fan but stuff like this I just can't see anything to like about.
>>
>>77436404
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. By Neal fuckin' Adams.

I love it. It's great. But it's also a sure sign that I have been reading these things too damn long!
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.