[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
All jew, all sjw Marvel
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (848 KB, 2294x3062) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
848 KB, 2294x3062
Haven't read comics in forever want to jump back in starting with secret wars. Can anyone suggest to me comics to read and ones to avoid? Maybe point me in the direction of a pastebin or website with this type of info? All the ones I found suck.
>>
>>77432250
More like No Muties, Forget The X-Men Ever Existed Marvel

Fucking Disney
>>
>the ones to avoid

The Marvel Ones
>>
>>77432264
Mutants are the laziest idea any ever came up with. Just think of a power. How'd they get that power? Fuck it, they were born with it.
>>
>>77432325
No different from Inhumans
>>
>>77432250
>Read

Vision

>Avoid

Everything else tbqh
>>
>>77432374
This.
>>
>>77432325
Well, yes, that's the point behind their creation. Stan Lee got tired of having to come up with an origin for every hero or villain with powers, espicially since he always ended up defaulting to "science experiment gone wrong" which he realised had gotten a bit overdone by that point so he came up with mutants to be a catchall reason for people having powers.
>>
>>77432250
Try a different company
>>
>>77432325
I don't see a problem here. The simplest ideas are very often the best, and the success of X-Men proves that.
>>
>>77432362
Inhumans are kinda shittier, because they need an opium mists to become mutants.

>>77432374
Isn't it too early to praise Vision?
>>
>>77432250
Don't bother. Comics are awful. Just do what I do and check in on /co/ and news sites so you know what's happening in comics incase anyone asks. The time you waste reading comics would be better spent studying wiki articles. They'll give you more info about a character than reading their comics does tbqh.
>>
>>77432495
Frankly, that's what I do as well.
It's sad that summaries, spoilers give me more pleasure than reading marvel comics
>>
>>77432250
superior foes of spidermann
scarlet spider
punisher war zone
duggans deadpool
new moon knight
thunderbolts annual
>>
>>77432469
>Isn't it too early to praise Vision?
We readily shit on comics calling them the worst comics of all time before they're even out, yet we can't praise a great comic that has only had one issue?
>>
>>77432518
I'm only worried. Usually when /co/ overpraises something, it quickly goes down the gutter. Also, it's easier for comic to be crap, than being constantly good
>>
>>77432495
I really liked the first issue of Avengers. Bendis man isn't totally awful yet and inhumans was actually pretty entertaining.

Give those a read OP. New Avengers has a fun idea but the art isn't good, so your mileage will vary.

>>77432495
>>77432515
There is literally no reason for you to post here if you don't even read comics. Wiki readers are the flat out worst posters on /co/.
>>
>>77432495
This was a bait post

>>77432515
You are cancer please leave this site you leech
>>
>>77432544
that's because if /co/ likes it, it must not be tumblr-y enough. That forces them back to the drawing board.
>>
>>77432548
>/co/ - comics AND cartoons
now scram
>>
>>77432568
This thread is about comics.
>>
>>77432557
cry harder. Or better, go back to fapping to your favorite waifu
>>
>>77432548
>There is literally no reason for you to post here if you don't even read comics
Fuck off. I watch the movies and am more knowledgeable about comics than any of you faggots. This isn't your hugbox. Don't like it then you can go back to the tumblr blog you came from.
>>
>>77432579
And I gave you my opinion about marvel.
Are you angry that I don't praise their crappy comics?
>>
>>77432548
New Avengers has good art and good writing tbqh.
>>
>>77432548
>Shilling Avengers and especially Inhumans
good good, the hype machine won't hype itself
>>
>>77432548
>art isn't good
Nah, it is. The Joe Mad style is an acquired taste though, so I can understand why people wouldn't like it.
>>
>>77432589
No. You're the faggot that STILL whines about joker becoming an ageless monster because you read the wikis for snyder's batshit.

>>77432606
>>77432626
Saying it was bad was wrong, yeah. I just don't like the style. It's weird seeing everyone drawn so bulky. Doesn't appeal to me.

>>77432621
Avengers was actually pretty good. It's a nice direction they're going in.
>>
>>77432662
>Avengers was actually pretty good. It's a nice direction they're going in.
Do Ultimates count as Avengers? Because it's the only A-book that is interesting.
>>
Dont care about the diversity. I only wish that everyone wasnt an asshole.
>>
>>77432711
That's... hard to answer. I mean, they're not the Avengers, but they're still considered an Avengers book for the sake of editorial division (along with Squadron Supreme, another non-Avengers book), but "Ultimates" was just the Ultimate name for the Avengers.

I guess you could say that it's an Avengers book, but the team itself aren't Avengers.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.