[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
> Lives in France and be a western cartoon fan > Shitty
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 6
File: full.jpg (18 KB, 480x359) Image search: [Google]
full.jpg
18 KB, 480x359
> Lives in France and be a western cartoon fan
> Shitty french cartoons and CGI shit on national channels
> Most people love only Weeaboo stuff and consider western cartoons like "childish things"
> American Dad incredibly MORE MORE popular than family guy
> the only popular mainstream adult shows we have are The Simpsons, Futurama and South Park
> Cartoon Network fucking empty with no reruns and nobody think to record the old good cartoons broadcast in the channel ( impossible to find complete episodes of Ed,Edd n Eddy ) the channel appear in 1999 in France but most mainstream people begin to watch the channel in 2011 just for Adventure Time and Gumball, forgetting completly the good old shows
> Shows like the Boondocks, Drawn Together or King of the Hill dubbed only for one season and quickly disappear of the programs, also nobody know this shows...
> Shows like Ren & Stimpy, The Tick or Beavis & Butt-Head completly unknown and unpopular
> some old nicktoons shows with no reruns and impossible to find complete
> Adult Swim doesn't exist, there are a french version of that but this is just broadcast in switzerland and actually this is just the original cartoons in english with french subtitles
> When adults remember the 90s, they just remember some bad dubbed japanese shows
> the actual youth reads only mangas and no gives a shit about eurocomics....
> Even some actual americans shows are hard to found in the internet because nobody think to record that....
> No Fanbases except for big shows like Simpsons

yes this is hard to live in this country....
>>
It's not like they air old shows in the US either

Just stream
>>
>>77417055
Yeah but here nobody think to record some of this shit, so most of the shows are just impossible to find on the internet....

actual people knows Cartoon Network only for Adventure Time, this is just a shame....
>>
I think the fact you can read a fuckhuge back-catalogue of diverse BDs which have never been translated into English more than makes up for all that OP.

Also
>American Dad incredibly MORE MORE popular than family guy
is the popular /co/ consensus as well. And it's correct. Family Guy has been shit for a long time.
>>
Why are frogs such big weeaboos anyway?
>>
>>77416944
Aside from the dubbing problems it's exactly the same in America.
>>
File: Le Scorpion Cover.jpg (102 KB, 968x1280) Image search: [Google]
Le Scorpion Cover.jpg
102 KB, 968x1280
Jesus anon you're in France, go read some quality your motherland made. I know it's not animated but still. Hell, it's better than animation t b h imo.

Pic kind of related.
>>
>>77417126
Yeah we have a huge pack of comics but most of time they are "too french" for been translated in other languages, in return we don't have a lot of american comics stuff, just reprints, new arcs who arrives late or old stuff in old magazines....
>>
>>77417141
Because actual adults grows up with this kind of shit on the TV

>>77417160
are you sure ? because i find easy most of americans shows with english episodes on the internet, and this is complete, well sometimes the quality isn't perfect... but in this case people think to record their cartoons...

>>77417161
When mainstream people reads franco-belgian comics, most of time they reads shitty comics strips with toilet humor or poor art....
>>
File: Blacksad.jpg (299 KB, 1020x443) Image search: [Google]
Blacksad.jpg
299 KB, 1020x443
>>77417184
That's a crying shame, anon, do you know how many of us would die to get a wider translation coverage of Franco-Belgian comics? Blacksad is a masterpiece and it's a fucking furry comic for God's sake. Your guys almost single handedly redeemed an art style.
>>
>>77417184
>Yeah we have a huge pack of comics but most of time they are "too french" for been translated in other languages
>>77417270
>When mainstream people reads franco-belgian comics, most of time they reads shitty comics strips with toilet humor or poor art
Try us. Recommend some good stuff, even if it's not translated. Someone here might give it a go. People here tend to enjoy even quite "French" stuff - I think it's always a misconception to think those from other cultures won't understand yours. A lot of things are quite universal and simple to explain. Just yesterday we were enjoying a newly /co/ translated "Spirou, le journal d'un ingénu".

And you do know how to torrent, right? I mean that's the best way to obtain cartoons that aren't available in your country.
>>
>>77416944
of all flavors you could choose, you decided to be rusty
>>
But French animated films was will be pretty good.
>>
>>77417373
but there are no torrents for some cartoons.... i hardly try to find that and simply there are not here...

No kidding men ! but most french comics contains jokes or other things very hard to translate in others languages because they don't are "universal", same thing for other european countries, things like "Spirou" are more universal because they are adventures stories, i talk rather about humoristic comics
>>
>>77417532

What cartoons are you looking for? pretty much everything is out there unless youre after something really old or obscure
>>
>>77417602
but that's PRECISELY the problem!

old things and obscure things are just unavailable, the most shameful it's when they are very popular shows in the USA like Ren & Stimpy or Ed,Edd N Eddy....

also most of american adults cartoons no come to this country
>>
>>77417688

Just gonna put this out there..... have you tried going to the Pirate Bay and typing in "Ren and Stimpy"?

I know you're french but you can't possibly be this retarded.
>>
File: vlcsnap-2015-11-09-02h55m22s742.png (124 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2015-11-09-02h55m22s742.png
124 KB, 512x384
>>77417780
I ALREADY TRYING THIS ON THE PIRATE BAY FOR MANY CARTOONS AND THERE ARE NOTHING !! ABSOLUTLY NOTHING !!

also thepiratebay is now blocked by the french government....
>>
>>77417985
How about googling some of the Pirate Proxy sites? Does Liberté, égalité, fraternité not permit you to proxy sites as well?
>>
Get on myspleen. It has a fair number of old cartoons.
>>
>>77416944
France 4 have an "Adult Swim" like every friday, they are running Archer , Rick and Morty and Il le faut
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00IlZBgM0XY
>>
>>77416944
France a shit. Good thing you have the internet and you can just stream.
>>
>>77418094
Bro seriously, if I'd found all the stuff what I was looking for, do you really think I would bother to make this thread to whining about how my country don't gives a shit about western cartoons ?
>>
File: asterix.jpg (967 KB, 1920x2596) Image search: [Google]
asterix.jpg
967 KB, 1920x2596
>>77416944
ON SE FAIT UN FIL /FR/ LES MECS?!
>>
The US is more or less the same thing. Sadly, cartoons and comic books are a stagnated medium that can never reach levels of anime and manga.
>>
>>77417602
>What cartoons are you looking for?
Not Op, but I'm still trying to find Argaï, la prophétie. The episode 10, 11, 13 to 18, 20, 21, 23 and 26 can't be found in French, despite being a French series. Some episodes are missing in English too.
>>
>>77416944
On the other hand you guys have Gobelins.
It makes every animation fan both jelly and wet or erect. Often both.
>>
>>77416944
Is Wakfu not popular over there or...?
>>
>>77416944
If I lived in France I would be more concerned with the country turning slowly black. Paris is getting a worldwide reputation of being a complete ghetto.
>>
>>77418189
I hate it how they want to create ultrarealistix 3d graphics to animate a couple of cartoons.

I get that it's cheaper to make than hand-animated shows, but couldn't they instead use special shading to make it look more like a comic book?
>>
>>77419734
Gobelins?
>>
>>77420049
>I have never been to France but I know everything about it because of /pol/ and /int/: the post
>>
>>77420091
Small green creatures. On his own he is a cowardly beast, but in a horde becomes a useful fighting force.

Also Les gobelins is a reputed French school of the visual arts.
http://www.gobelins.fr/en
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gobelins_School_of_the_Image
>>
>>77419937
Not saying this is the case with OP, but I've seen a few French posters hate on Wakfu because 1) Flash, seen as kind of cheap and a bit of an insult to the country's animation tradition and 2) Ankama seem to be seen by some as kind of corporate with their multi-media franchises.

Elitism basically, but that's part of what makes the French who they are. If they weren't a bunch of snobbish elitists they wouldn't produce half the good media they do. So carry on doing what you do, France.
>>
>>77420443
As a French, I would tell you that: Ankama is a very weird company in the French cultural landscape, because it actually tries to advertise its stuff, and even do some effort to have some international visibility.
Brrr, ils sont vraiment bizarres !
>>
>>77417402
Don't pretend this movie was good. I was raised with it and upon watching it recently found it hilariously bad
>>
You guys deserver it
>>
>>77417283
Does no one in France, Belgium or the rest of Europe read Blacksad?

If so, why? I thought comics like that were bigger in the Old World?
>>
>>77423351
actually Blacksad is spanish but it's considered like a franco-belgian comic...
>>
>>77423495
Do spaniards like it at least?
>>
>>77423351
I think I saw Blacksad in every public library I went, including an university library.
(I'm French)
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.