[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Marvel next event
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 1
File: event.png (75 KB, 837x696) Image search: [Google]
event.png
75 KB, 837x696
who's ready for the next massive event that will take over all books and ruin the momentum of stories? How long until it starts? Which writer will quit this time? How long will it be delayed?
>>
If Bendis is a "writer" why can't he be arsed to write properly in his social media outlets?
>>
you know you can just drop marvel right?
>>
>>77413510
Because Marvel is in the business of making money, not telling good stories.
>>
>>77413532
>telling good stories
The hell does that have to do with what I asked?
>>
>>77413490

Oh boy, if Marvel keeps up pushing this hard DC will go bankrupt in a few years
>>
>>77413490
Reminder that Marvel also has like three small crossovers in the spring so those books will be doubly fucked over.
>>
Pretty sure it is Civil War 2
>>
Fucking hell, the last event isn't finished yet, and they're already planning another one? At least lie first!
>>
>>77413517
Any sane person has already.
>>
>>77413571
But.. They always announce the next even before the current one is over.
>>
>>77413490
>Bendis event
>He did Siege and Secret Invasion
Might be neat.
>>
Who is the bigger company man Bendis or SJWaid?
>>
>>77413615
>Forgetting he did AOU, plotted AvX and the X-Men crossover
>Implying Secret Invasion was good
>>
>>77413622

Waid don't give a fuck. He's shittalked both Marvel and DC in the past.
>>
>>77413517
Battered housewives and people with Stockholm syndrome usually have a harder time letting go.
>>
I hope this doesn't ruin a Vision. They tanked Ms Marvel so bad with that end of the world garbage I'm not even interested in the new series that she in.
>>
>>77413656
It will ruin Vision.
>>
>>77413656
Has there ever been a marvel book that didn't get an event tie in for the current event?
>>
>>77413551
You know people can buy from both companies right? Marvel doing well doesn't cause DC to do poorly and vice-versa. Quite the opposite really, as one company doing well means more new readers getting into comics and the more new readers getting into comics, the more money there is to go around.

It's in both of their best interests for their competition to be healthy.
>>
>>77413622
Bendis. How is this even a question?
>>
>>77413656
>A character that appeared in the latest movie prompting new interest on him
>Not in the next event
The question here is if Tom King will roll with it or quit.
>>
>>77413675
King can rise above it, I have faith in my husband.
>>
>>77413641
>He's shittalked[...] Marvel
[citations needed]
>>
>>77413749

Good question. None of DC's events as of late have tanked stories. Something I've really loved. It's all one-shots or maybe a one time issue or a new series on it's own. It's never as often as it used to be either.

I know it drums up sales but I kind of wish Marvel would ditch their process and just tell stories but that's only going to happen if people stop supporting this shit.
>>
>>77413571
Next Avengers event was already announced and will start in March.
>>
>>77413615
>Siege
>Secret Invasion
>good
Kill yourself.
>>
>>77413532
He's talking about uncapitalizations and typos
>>
>>77413802
Also a crossover between the Spider women and a crossover between Howard the Duck and Squirrel Girl for around that time too.
So those will probably have one full arc to themselves before being run over by crossovers and events.
>>
>>77413781
Are you new or pretending to be retarded? He's hated Bob Harras back in the 90's (over a lot of reasons) and was critical of Civil War.
>>
When was the last time a Marvel book made it to 50 issues?
>>
>>77413615
None of those were good but then again they looked better compared to Bendis' AoU.
>>
Avengers vs X-Men 2: Electric Boogaloo

Or better yet

Everyone vs Cyclops.
>>
>>77413622
Peter David, he still writes columns or blog posts about his "feud" with Erik Larson and Image
>>
>>77413894
Civil War II is more likely. There was that pic that got spread around a few weeks ago and the movie coming out next summer is Civil War.
>>
>>77413863
Avengers got close.
>>
>>77413860
And now Bob Harras runs DC, which is why you won't see Waid near their comics
>>
>>77413917
What are they gonna war about this time.

>You dont understand cap, hot dogs are sandwiches!
>Ill be 6 feet under the cold hard ground before i agree with that tony you smug piece of shit
>>
>>77413716
But it isn't healthy.
>>
>>77413615
>>77413823
> Siege
> Wow it sure is interesting what is happening in Thor right now
> It would be a shame if something happened
>>
>>77413960
Because DC is getting BTFO.

At least image is steping it up.
>>
>>77413982
Eh, people are overblowing how bad DC is doing. Yes in comparison to Marvel they're doing poorly, but their sales overall are generally fine.
>>
>>77413931

Nah Didio chased him away. Harras is just a factor after the fact.

I used to love Waid's DC stuff but you guys have implied his more recent stuff is crap so I've kind of stayed away...
>>
>>77414003
People always forget Dc does pretty well in trades and graphic novels. Does Marvel do Omnis and Absolute style books? I love me some absolutes.
>>
>>77414041
Some people liked his Daredevil run, but I didn't care for it. I just don't like Waid as a writer, I don't even like his " good" work like Kingdom Come
>>
>>77413716
This is correct.

What really gets Marvel and DC worried is when people buy creator-owned comics from publishers like Image or Dark Horse.

Those operate on an entirely different business model, and the rise of a rival business model threatens the stability and viability of the classic business model for DC and Marvel.
>>
>>77414003

The problem is that Marvel has collected a lot of drones from the movies that feel they need to full on stick with and defend Marvel. I have a friend who doesn't read comics that constantly tells me DC is boring but when I ask why he always just gives me "Movies" as his answer.

Plus the retards who shill Marvel as more progressive while ignoring anything DC's done in that regard like it never happened.

DC really just needs good press too. Doctor Fate isn't the best book ever but Ms. Marvel was non-stop shilled for featuring an Muslim character and Fate's gotten shit for it because DC didn't push it the way Marvel did. They stopped trying that years ago because every time they did Marvel went out of their way to just one up them.
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.