[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
File: error in turtles.jpg (24 KB, 728x419) Image search: [Google]
error in turtles.jpg
24 KB, 728x419
So whenever I talk to people about this show it seems their memories of what it was like seem very inaccurate, why is that?
>>
>>77410921
It's nostalgia goggles.
>>
The movies and video games made them seem more badass.
>>
>>77411723
Not the comics?
>>
>>77410921
The high quality opening was animated by the people who did the pilot miniseries, while much of the actual show was QUALITY. They were more serious in that too.

>>77411733
Too adult for kids.
>>
>>77411751
What I mean is people remember the opening the best and it colors the perception of the show
>>
>>77410921
I am 100% sure that I wanted to do naughty things to catgirl April. And probably ratgirl Irma too.
>>
Colored by other media and a kickass theme song.

Even Uncle Phil couldn't save this one. It was too goofy as it was only intended to sell a toy line.
>>
>>77410921
The first season/mini-series was legitimately good, and was similar enough to the opening to be the show that everyone thinks they remember. They used their weapons frequently, stakes were high, Shredder and his crew were actually threatening, and the animation quality was pretty consistently high for an 80s kids show. I remember they even played up the Turtles' vendetta against Shredder, and at one point Leonardo has a back-and-forth with April about how he's planning to kill Shredder the next time they meet.

Quality began to drop quickly once it got picked up for full seasons, but it really isn't fair to lump the first 5 episodes in with the rest. It's like an entirely different show.
>>
Nothing about that show was good. Anyone who pretends they liked it are either lying because "80's fanboy" or they were no older than 5 when they first watched it.

Either way a shit show deserves to remain in the 80's where it belongs.
>>
>>77410921
Nostalgia and the fact that people made them more badass in their mind than they were

>>77411723
Yeah the video games made them really badass, especially with the whited out eyes.
>>
>>77410921
What am I looking at in that pic?
>>
>>77415780
Two Leos
>>
>>77415780
One of a thousand animation errors
>>
>>77410921
What makes you say their memories are inaccurate?
>>
>>77410921

Because it was decades ago? What kind of question is that?
>>
>>77412784

Grrrrrr. So mad about a children's property.
>>
>>77416040
Not that Anon but
It didn't start as children's property nor was it ever intended to be one. The cartoon was the first thing to be aimed at kids.
>>
>>77416095

It Is one now. And it will always be.
>>
>>77416095

The cartoon is all that matters to normal people.
>>
>>77416159
Fuck normal people!
>>
>>77416159
Define "normal".
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.