[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Writefag thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 42
File: write.png (514 KB, 630x630) Image search: [Google]
write.png
514 KB, 630x630
Show us your work
>>
These threads really need a better OP image.
>>
I have an idea for the discovery of cheap portal technology to another, uninhabited desert planet, but its only a one way trip. The story being the dregs, the dropouts, the thrillseekers and the psychos that all flock to this world, and build a new and strange society. Kinda wild western, with modern day characters.
>>
>>77384750
Why? It's established now. Also she's cute. CUTE!

Since OP is a lazy bitch, let me handle this crap:

>What are you writing on? Describe your story in 20 words or less!
>Who is the most intriguing character in your work and why is that so?
>What drives you? What made you write in first place?
>Any questions? Anything to showcase or something you want critique on?
>>
File: 20 words.jpg (46 KB, 480x292) Image search: [Google]
20 words.jpg
46 KB, 480x292
>>77385123
>Describe your story in 20 words or less!
>>
>>77385123
>20 words
Fuck you in the ass
>>
I will become a professional comic book writer if it kills me. I've got some small press stuff coming out and I'm working on getting into 2000 AD.
>>
>>77385123
>>What are you writing on? Describe your story in 20 words or less!
fuck this meme, but i will try
>girl family get killed by vampires so she joins a group of vampirehunters, turnsout she is shit using her specialpowers

>>Who is the most intriguing character in your work and why is that so?
eh, not sure, maybe her tutor since at first you know literally nothing about her

>>What drives you? What made you write in first place?
i get this ideas every once i a while, if i like them i try to write them before the next one comes and makes me forget the last one

>>Any questions?
i made a really nice character and made it little bit better that the prota, but needed to make it job like a bitch on the first real fight, even if it was the leader of the little team they made
now im not sure i should let it die or save it
>>
>>77384700
Ok.
>Top Boss Demon escapes hell. Goes on to live a normal life in the suburb and become a pillar of the community. Occasionally, edgy vampire teens, wicca-feminst tumblr whales, skinwalkers and other escaped demons go bother him for power. He wants none of it.

Kain (from Kain and Abel)
He is basically a immortal drunk that has been captured by a "gang" (more like a larping party) of edgy teenage wizards that are trying to use him for a magical ritual. He acts all blue and drunk in between flashback of him doing insane cultist shit right after being kicked off paradise.

Wanted to write a story about a guy that just wants to live a normal life and forget his pass, but keeps getting harassed by characters an edgy teen playing World of Darkness would create, but at the same time being honest about how lame and edgy these characters are. It's basically a parody. "Mystic Americana" is how I would call the style.
>>
>>77387539
This has potential
>>
bump for reasons and stuff
>>
>>77385123
Those aren't very good.

I'm just gonna wait til the next thread.
>>
>>77385123
Same thing I've been working on for over a year now

Fantasy novel with Evil Empires fighting divine beings
Probably the main villain. Mostly because I can go soo many directions with his backstory and I can't decide.
I was a history major in college so I just wanted to use that knowledge to write a cool story
Yeah, but since I've asked it several times before I wont post it again
>>
>>77389343
Then post better ones; I'm not OP. Hell, I'm not even a writer. I just saw this thread and since I like to lurk these threads I gave some input - So go ahead and give better prompts/ questions.
>>
>>77389358
oh, you're still writing that? Good on ya
>>
so, in your honest opinion what are some good questions to start one of this threads?
the ">what ya writing" is obligatory, what else
>>
>>77390444
>Who is your MC?
>Who is your Main Villain?
>What is the setting?
>>
Mainly a comic, but could be turned into an animation where a geologist from the 1940's, enters a sacred temple in Nepal, and is transported back in time into the paleozoic era.
>>
File: 1443484779316.png (49 KB, 671x131) Image search: [Google]
1443484779316.png
49 KB, 671x131
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>77384700
I'm actually finished with one story. Waiting for my beta reader's review before proofreading and rewriting it again. Apparently my prose is not "fantasy-esque" enough

Currently working on a tale of a woman travelling the country for a boring government job until she discovers the magic in every little thing in life.
>>
>>77385123
>20 words
Its fucking on yo.
A Comfy tale about a helmet wearing traveler trying to raise money to buy himself the bike that always wanted.

Bell is the main character and got his name by wearing a bell helmet. Bell is a homeless guy. Traveling from place to place doing odd jobs for cash.

What drives me is wanting to make stories. Nuff said.
>>
Got a short story idea for a guy who's used to atmospheric flight being in a space battle. He instinctively ejects when he's hit, which is about the worst thing you can do in space. With nothing to slow his momentum, he watches the battle unfold, the explosions and c-beams glittering the the dark growing dimmer as he drifts away with his oxygen slowly running out.
>>
>>77385123
>20 words or less
I can do this, for Caped Baldy

Detective in spooky village has prophetic dreams of murder. While tracking down the killer a local monarch raises insectoid undead.
>>
Story in a kinda-fantasy world about a kid whose beloved big brother (and a lot of the older kids from his town he knew) goes to fight in a far-off war

When the kid grows older, he sets out on his own adventure to find his brother, but as he begins picking up his brother's tracks, things begin getting darker and darker, the more he hears about his brother and his friends, the more morally questionable they seem (war crimes, razed villages/towns, coups)

Story is about the kid confronting the monsters that all of his role models have become, culminating in facing his brother
>>
>>77385123
One man can change reality. An epic about religion, government, and the nature of God.

Most intriguing would probably be main, Abrams 39. Starts out as a nobody in his own world, by the end of everything he's talked with the Creator, deposed false gods, and kickstarted the Fifth War in Heaven. All I have is rough outline, though. I know how he accomplishes all this, and the intertwining of various side characters; but there are gaps in the details.
My father is a writer. Creative as hell, but his energy goes into editorials and he simply doesn't have time for any other writing. Hope I can fill that gap in my family line.
>>
>>77391551
Is there a name for that kind of story? Like "coming to age and seeing your fallen hero"?
>>
>>77391718

I dunno, but I kinda want to make it a bit more than just portraying the brother as a fallen hero. Like the brother isn't really a hero to the kid, he's just a really cool older brother that the kid always looked up to. It's a lot more about the family relationship than any fallen hero thing. A big part of it too is sort of the idea that the older brother's tale always sort of overshadowed the younger brother's. Not sure whether I'm going to make it into a book, or try to write this plot into a video game. Title right now is "In His Shadow"
>>
>>77390913
That fanfics are to litterature what webcomics are to comics
>>
File: Bus_affiche3.jpg (685 KB, 2214x1468) Image search: [Google]
Bus_affiche3.jpg
685 KB, 2214x1468
>>77385123
A cartoon about children who are abducted by aliens to the other side of the universe, they must spend the whole series trying to get back home.

I have written enough time the plot in these kinds of threads so if you want to learn more just read the pastebin:
>http://pastebin.com/p3vp7Hcv

Bug obviously, I have hard time writing it because of it

An old idea I had. I also always wanted to know what it must felt like to be a conquistador in the new world or an explorer in XIXth century Africa.
My favorite works are those who deal with discoveries and culture clashes.

Yes, I'd like anons to give me tips and critique on my writing (pastebin). And also help me find new ideas for next episodes if you can.

I can also post some art about this plot if you want.

>PS: I have also composed a main theme for the series, you can listen it here (if you raise volume) http://vocaroo.com/i/s10e2jRpPS1L
>>
>>77391958
I use hero as a general term, I should have just said someone the MC looked up too/Some one you used to know.
>>
>>77385123
An organization of people who dress like nazis work to destroy a cosmic horror.

The necromancer nazi's prime minion. Because he's a burning skeleton that also happens to be a roman legionnaire.

Mahatma Gandhi

What is the term for those huge military coats that people use to wear like capes in WW1? Great coats? Overcoats?
>>
>>77394413
Why are they dress like nazis?
>>
>>77394691
Because it looks cool I guess
>>
>>77394413
>What is the term for those huge military coats that people use to wear like capes in WW1?
im kinda sure they are called overcoats

also it sounds nice
>>
>>77395490
"war trenchcoats" must also work
>>
I've actualy posted this story in threads before, maybe someone recognizes me. That'd be cool. Anyway.
A story about a veteran with light sensitivity who serves his own needs, despite people thinking he’s a superhero.
>19 words
Besides the MC, probably Nightman, a pulp hero, 40s Batman type who just wants to help people that later becomes a murderous vigilante after ~mysterious events~ that will be covered in a later solo series.
A passion for comics and a desire to make a living despite having very few marketable skills.
I mean, I wanna know what you guys think, but that usually goes without saying.
>>
it`s time for you to reveal your darkest, most disgusting, perv and degenerated fetish you are adding to your story
also revel why, if you want

ntr, not so unwanted rape, mindbreak and maybe some lesbians( why? the one doing one of those thing wants the protag to hate her
also a female protagonist why? cute little badass girls are my weakness
>>
>>77396895
How are Nightman and the MC connected, if at all?

>desire to make a living despite having very few marketable skills.
That hit a little too close to home
>>
>>77397757
Well besides operating close to each other, not at all. They just worked together once, along with NM's sidekick Dusk, before NM went all kill-y.

And thanks, I try.
>>
I wish it was easier to get critique on your writing. Nobody wants to risk wasting their time on a potentially bad comic.
>>
>>77398307
post it anon

but yeah it kinda suck, try asking your friends or some betareaders online, people actually like doing that
>>
>>77397668
My shit is comfy shit so the worst thing that can happen is people buying drugs

Oh and there's a girl who wears sundresses and drives a classic VW bug because I think that's cute as fuck
>>
>>77398431
I have a few 15 page issues posted up at www.wondercomics.org

I have a couple friends that read through, but I'm paranoid that they're just sparing my feelings.
>>
>>77384700
Just had to get this out of my head:

>Title
"Omni Cor"

>Setting
Our main character is named Cor.
He has a strong circle of friends. Cor often resolves his friends issues for them.
In spite of this, he always seems out of place, missing some part of himself.
Cor is a reserved, strong silent type, with a constant grimace. Needlessly edgey.

>Conflict
One day, the Cor's world literally falls apart. He loses all his friends and is

launched into a void. In his desperation to survive, he finds himself in another world.

A world much like Earth, but not the one he knows.

Cor sets out to find his friends. In this new world he meets a group of people who know

him, but he does not know them. They claim that he may have amnesia and try to remind

of who he is, but the person they describe is nothing like him. As he he grows further

frustrated with his situation, a tremor strikes that world.
Everyone looks to Cor, because he can always resolved the problems they faced.
A portal appears, similar to the one that pulled Cor into the void.

He promises to fix their world as he enters the void in search of his friends.

>Journey
Each world Cor visits is unique with its own physics and appearance. Much like the

differing art styles of cartoon shows.

He does find his friends over time. He also encounters the same experience with each

world visit:
A group of friends knowing who he is, and trying to help him remember a missing part of

himself.

As Cor progresses in his quest, his personality gains more dimensions. Each trait he

gains plays a vital part to resolving each world's conflict, after which he regains his

memories in each world.

Each world also is hit by a tremor that Cor can't explain.

Cont...
>>
>>77400073
>Revelation
It is soon realized that Cor has indeed been to each world, and had a unique life in

each one. The circumstances behind his appearing are also the same:
He just appears, and has a knack for helping people. His friends point out that it is

the same way he met them at home. Conclusion: Cor originated in another world.

Cor then goes back into the void to find his origins, and this time he is the one in

need of help from his friends.

>Finding home
In the void, Cor and his friends learn that each world simply comes into existence,

always set at a particular point of its history. Eventually, Cor begins to believe that

he has no world. His last memory is then restored.

>Truth
Cor never had a world of his own. A final portal opens, one that Cor cannot enter, but

can see into. He learns the truth about his existence.

Cor is a self-insert character.
Each world is a representation of a cartoon show Cor's creator enjoyed.
Cor's traits regained in each world are a reflection of the creator's personailty as he

grew up.
The tremors are the creator severing his connection to the worlds, leaving his

childhood behind, and moving into adulthood.

>Ending
Cor begins to fade away. His friends are in anguish over his loss, but he tells them

that as long as he is remembered, he will always be. Cor disappears.

As the friends grieve, a new world appears in the void. When they look inside, they see

Cor with a family of his own, and a new story. Content that Cor now has a place of his

own, everyone returns to thier own worlds.

The story ends with a view of the real world. The creator has made a cartoon of his

own, entitled Omni Cor, after his Original Character.
>>
I'm writing a quest thread about a blind deer.
over here http://tgchan.org/kusaba/quest/res/679483.html
>>
>>77400073
>>77400116
desu, it sounds really cool and i would totally read/see that
niceone anon
>>
>>77400073
>>77400116
Sounds interesting now get to writing it!

>>77402087
>desu
The Fuck?
>>
>>77402178
>>desu
>The Fuck?
what are word filters anon?
>>
>>77385123
A cat spirit is trusted with delivering an artifact to a temple to stop demons, but accidentally sleeps for 300 years.
Probably just the main character considering he actively chose to just say fuck it and let the world go to shit. Not super deep, but he has the most depth.
Wanted to write something very simple and not so serious for my first outing. I have plans for other stuff, but I know that won;t be for a along time from now. I want to write this story because I feel so many of my favorite stories are really very simple at the core, but can still elicit some response. Be it laughter or tears. I would love to make others feel that way.
Nothing but an outline atm, but probably by the time the next Writefag Thread goes up I'll have something.
>>
>yfw it found a way
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcVGDV67L-g
>>
Everyone post the last few sentences or paragraph of what they wrote. Let's get some actual examples going.
>>
>>77402869
Here's mine.

>"Oh The Empire of Old. If only you could have seen it. Buildings towering above the Earth making the cities of today seem like small outposts by comparison. Large, wondrous monuments to their glorious achievements littered the lands. Then finally, at the apex of their civilization, he appeared. Ulysses, The Lord of Terror, descended from the heavens with a blinding light and thunderous roar and like a sword upon the world did rend a fiery path across it. Dealing such a wound that it would never fully recover."
>>
>>77402869
Sure, why not

He checks the time and sees that it’s only 6 o’clock. Even though he may only be staying in this town for the night, he does want to see what else is in little Statesboro. He grabs his room key, coin bag, and the revolver he keeps in his bag. Johnny never had to use it on the two exceptions of telling a snake oil salesman who was a bit too persistent to stop following him and when he had to shoot a mountain lion who tried to attack Mac. He puts the revolver in the holster hung by his belt. It's only there when he wants people to know that he is armed and will shoot if he has to.
>>
>>77402869
I like you. I'm gonna post a panel description, but I like you. I'm >>77396895, btw.

>Panel 1-3 - Some benefit for kids with cancer who want puppies or whatever, I don't know. Doesn't matter. In the first panel, which will be of RAY LUX from afar as he sits with some kids at a lavish white table, other benefitgoers and some dumb sick kids in the bg and fg, there is a hint of a hand in the bottom right corner. Probably just the top+knuckles of it. In the second panel, the hand rises into the shot, and whatever creepy owner it has gets concerningly closer to RAY. The third panel will have the hand on RAY's shoulder, and the cancer puppy orphan rape victim whatever kids looking at the owner, so pretty much right into the camera.
>Voice (OP): Mr. Lux.
>>
>>77402869
man i want to post something but need to sleep
if thread is alive tomorrow i will post the last paragraph

nightly bump
it was leslie all along
>>
>>77404747
CRAAAAAB PEOPLE
>>
>>77402869
Here's a little something.

>"So let me get this straight. Everyone here is a magic user.."
>"Yes"
>"...who can do amazing feats with a few magic words and a thought....
>"uh-huh"
>"......and yet we still can't get the Bears and Packers game on?"
>"Look. You're an American living in Germany with a bunch of Europeans. Who besides you gives a shit about the Bears and Packers?"
>"Pierre likes Football"
>"Hey, I just like the funny commercials"
>>
Requesting a writing prompt for a screenplay.
Something simple.
>>
Any rape fics written here?
>>
>>77405071
time traveling daughter goes back in time to save his father, catch is she doesnt know who her mother is and her father is not engaged to anyone yet

>>77405115
is it rape if she wanted it to happen?
also no force or violence included
>>
>>77405247
I dislike eventual consensual fics, unless she hates it at the end
>>
>>77405274
"Eventual consensual" might be the best term I've heard all night.
>>
>>77385123
Post-Apoc Capeshit Military Fiction.
The Spy. Think The Riddler meets The Question. Is he CIA, FBI,or something else? Nobody knows anything about him, just that every inside and outside job can be tracked back to him.
Boredom
>>Any questions? Anything to showcase or something you want critique on?
Not really, still just kind of in the planning phases.
>>
>>77405247
>time traveling daughter goes back in time to save his father, catch is she doesnt know who her mother is and her father is not engaged to anyone yet
I said simple.
>>
>>77405274
>eventual consensual
ok i had a chuckle

>unless she hates it at the end
im sorry anon, she doesnt, maybe some other time i will try to do something like that
for now she only feels awkward after it since 10 years age difference

and now i want to do a knm rapefic, thanks anon

>>77405417
it is simple, just drama about how she wants a mother and the father reacts saying "no, i dont want to force someone to be with me because you are our future children"
no need to explain the time travel or how she saved him, just say the medicine is working and he feel better now
>>
>>77385123
Holy shit ok: Spaceman's planet gets destroyed by solar flare. He is left adrift in space where he comes in contact with the "Universal Law" and becomes an "Eternal Witness" to what happens in the universe. All of this while a war wages on and a millenium old man looks for his dead wife's corpse across several galaxies.
I guess it'd be the Chian'til, a woman running away from a war waging across 13 stars. Why? Because she's always one step away from being killed.
My need to put my ideas in paper.
>Any questions?
Yeah, if water is near a black hole, does the pressure exerted create enough heat so that it doesn't become ice instantly while in space?
>>
>>77385123
A Surreal Comedy comic about a detective/former insane asylum patient, who can solve crimes with her own insanity.
I’d say it’s the main character for the reasons I mentioned in the description. I want to write a crazy main character without her personality being “lolsorandum”, I want her dialogue to sound like a woman who has clearly snapped years ago.
I’ve been drawing and writing weird shit since I was like 4, I see no reason to stop now.
Not yet, at least not until I have something presentable.
>>
>>77405622
I believe water would actually boil in space, due to there being no pressure.
>>
>>77405115
I wrote some blackmail stories in which a boy blackmails his stepmother/governess/teacher into sleeping with him, but I won't show them.
>>
>>77405622
>if water is near a black hole, does the pressure exerted create enough heat so that it doesn't become ice instantly while in space?
first that makes almost no sense anon
http://scienceblogs.com/startswithabang/2009/06/29/water-in-space-what-happens/
check this
>>
>>77405914
Then don't mention them, faggot.
>>
>>77405880
So if someone threw a gigantic volume of water endlessly at one point in space you'd have an infinite geyser of steam?

That sounds good enough.

But I had read about this black hole absorbing surrounding matter and heating everything around it, creating this massive water supply in its surroundings. I guess it was water vapor then.
>>
>>77405963
Not geiser, it would just spread in all directions.
>>
>>77387539
I'm not trying to be a dick, just giving you a heads up: it's spelled "Cain" in the Bible. Unless you were intentionally spelling it differently.
>>
>>77405919
Sorry, sorry, took IB Physics Higher ages ago and have a very vague memory of astrophysics.
>>77405985
Cool. That's actually a pretty good image to write down about.

Thing is, as one of the main characters is just a "witness" to all that happens in space, I wanted to craft up these "impossible" situations which he would witness and ponder upon, making him appreciate the beauty of the universe and letting him at the end, go from witness to judge and decide the fate of a galaxy.
>>
>>77407185

Put this in a pastebin or something dont spam the topic with it
>>
>>77407236
Yes sorry. Don't really know how these threads work. I'll do that next time.
>>
>>77407295
That wasn't 20 words or less at all.
>>
>>77407236
>>77407341
I deleted them and made this. Sorry about that. new here.

http://pastebin.com/Ph1YSaaq

So this is a first draft, and any feedback is appreciated.
>>
>>77405247
Shit's about to get Old Boy up in there
>>
>>77408315
>Old boy
You mean that chinese movie about the kidnapped guy?
>>
>>77384700
I was supposed to write it for November but I'm busy.

The story as it is would follow three men living in a city in the sky some time vaguely after the world ended.

They are

Shogun. The oldest of the three and a former detective who comes out of retirement to hunt down his friends killers.

Sakuraba. An oddball wrestler who finds himself involved in a blood feud between two floating cities.

NBK. A teenage loser who for some reason unknown to him is targeted by a bunch of other students and attacked repeatedly. The goofiest and youngest of the three.

Their stories would be unconnected until the end where it's revealed that the three train at the same gym.

It's more an exercise in world building rather than anything else. I've named them after MMA fighters because names are usually the last stuff I come up with for characters.
>>
>>77408429
It's Korean and and here comes some spoilers the dude fucks his daughter
>>
>>77402869
>NBK left the house when the sun was still in the sky.
>He stepped out the front door, made his way down the driveway and nearly jumped out of his skin when a voice behind him said "What are you doing?"
>NBK spun, his hands flying to his chin then rapidly down as he realized it was only Mrs. Granger, clad in a gardening hat and holding a pair of clippers. It was a tough fit with the brass knuckles on but he forced his hands into his pockets.
>Mrs.Granger cared about him. NBK never had a parental figure to compare that sort of thing to but apparently it meant that they would worry about the well-being and sanity of the person they cared about. She never liked his brass knuckles
>"Jimmy, what are doing?" She repeated.
>NBK shrugged. "Nothing."
>She narrowed her gaze at him, gestured for him to take his hands out of his pockets and NBK ignored her. He looked up, above her head. If he looked into her eyes he'd crack.
>"Your hands," She said "they're not wrapped are they."
>They weren't. He had considered it but had decided against it in the last minute, so he wasn't going to be lying to her. "Nope."
>>
bumpu
>>
>>77402869
>Here's my last episode (until then)

EPISODE 20: Castaways in A’a-aha [Les naufragés d'A'a-aha]

Jules, Julie, Bug and Wang are finally close to reach the goal given to them by the village chief, which leads to an Ocean planet. When the characters realize the goal is leading straight into the sea it is too late. The spaceship sinks and the characters manage to escape before they could drown. While their spaceship is now engulfed by the Ocean they find themselves floating adrift until they get to the nearest island. The island is unhabited and full of venomous species so our four characters have to spend the time on the beach, wondering if they will see home again.
On the morning, a small boat manned by local aliens meets them after having followed the smoke of their firecamp. Bug, Wang and the children jump on board the boat. The boat sails for two days until it stops over a reef in the middle of the Ocean. What the four protagonists find there, beneath their feet, is an underwater village.
Fortunately enough someone in the village understands Bug’s language, which enables him to act up as an interpret. When the protagonists ask if there is a way to find their spaceship, refloat it and repair it they learn the following answer. Yes, such thing is possible. But it will take time and until then they will have to stay a while.
>>
>>77400073
>>77400116
>Omni Cor
>OC
>Original Character

Was that on purpose? Cool story bro.
>>
"mute" masked mercenary must save princess and take her back with her family to get redemption, all while trying to not fall for her

the mercenary, the masketta man

have nothing better to do and wanted to try that

>>Any questions?
yes, how am i suppose to explain what the mercenary is trying to say
>>
>>77411158
Let me guess: the princess is called CIA
>>
>>77413048
not really, but now i want a name that begins with cia
>>
no wait i got it
"Clair Isabelle Anastasia, or cia, like my friends call me"
shit writes itself, thanks for the idea anon

i know the names sound like trash
>>
>>77384700

Writefag threads always happen right when I'm about to go to sleep. Luckily this one was here when I woke up. Bumping.
>>
>>
>>77385818

That's the spirit anon!

What sucks is that there is really no formal way of doing this you know? You don't send out resumes to comic companies asking to write, I don't think at least, so you gotta wiggle your way in there.

Plus you want to do your own shit too, so it's like be an entrepreneur in a way. Starting from scratch.
>>
I've posted this before but whatever.

>Archangel
>In a world where 30% of the population is able to use some form of magic the story follows a Young witch from France named Camilla as she attends one of the worlds most prestigious magic academies located in Strausberg, Germany. As she begins to settle into her new life several students begin to simply disappear. Taking claim for this rash of disappearances is a mysterious witch hunter named Ulysses. Now Camilla must discover the identity of Ulysses before he is able to enact his plan that will end the world as they know it.
>>
File: 1444398504578.png (275 KB, 474x348) Image search: [Google]
1444398504578.png
275 KB, 474x348
my dream job is to be a freelance illustrator and write stories and put pictures onto them. kind of like a picture book but with less pictures and more writing, and also for adults
I can't think of anything else I want to do
am I being delusional?
>>
File: producer.gif (104 KB, 713x290) Image search: [Google]
producer.gif
104 KB, 713x290
>>77384700
>That's an interesting story mr. anon, but our main concern is marketing. By this we mean the following:
>1. To whom (which demographic) do you sell this show?
>2. How do you sell it?
>>
>>77414048
sounds neato m8

>>77414103
no you are not anon, you need to follow your dreams
i know you can do it

>>77414209
>>1. To whom (which demographic) do you sell this show?
to a bunch of neckbears on a board called 4chinz and fat whales on tumblr
>>2. How do you sell it?
cute little girl tries to do things but fails, she is relatable because she is a failure
>>
>>77414344
>follow your dreams
well, I don't have anything better to do anyway
fuck it I'll go for it for 7 or so years and see what happens
>>
>>77414209
The demographic I believe would be science fiction fans.

As to how it would be sold. Focus on the fact that they're fighters and the setting.
>>
File: batsy.jpg (34 KB, 960x822) Image search: [Google]
batsy.jpg
34 KB, 960x822
I've always wanted to work on a Batman bodydouble story.
But I feel like I shouldn't do it anymore or else people are gonna claim that I've plagiarized MGSV.
>>
>>77414103
They're called light novels
>>
>>77385123
It's a space opera. Although with less war and more spy thrilling.
I don't know. They are all interesting in their own way. Probably a main villain for the first 3/4 of the story for his crazy revenge and racial resurrection scheme
I just want my legacy to be more then some porn fanfiction.
>>
>What are you writing on?
A post-apocalypse story about a Man who finds himself at a mutant infested earth, with no memories of who he is, with nothing but a moneybag covering his weiner, said moneybag containing a small mutated talking bone marrow with the ability to morph into shit and how he can't wear clothes in general or else they would cause him pain and eventually kill him
Sgt. Shotgun-for-a-dick. I think his name says it all.
Molly.
No really, Molly. Though I was also inspired by Video Game director SWERY and his works on Deadly Premonition and D4.
I don't really know.
>To whom (which demographic) do you sell this show?
Myself and all the fat dweebs on the internet.
>How do you sell it?
No idea.
>>
Does anyone have that paste link thing with all the other writing resources links in it?
>>
>>77416123
sadly i dont anon
maybe its on the archive

whats the new archive site?
>>
>>77417163
Old one got trashed
>>
> part one http://pastebin.com/eBKaid3C
>part two http://pastebin.com/Rzbjde2H
>part three http://pastebin.com/dc6iVaK1

pardon my grammer and spelling by the way

part one and two is about a bunch of kids joining this orinazation called the p.e.t to fight monsters in this strange world

now i know what your thinking but anon that sounds cliche but it's not the creativity realy shines when you come to the monsters they are sent to fight and the situations the cast members are put in

part 3 is about this kid with mood swings who has to defend the strange world from the p.e.t

i hope you anons like it
>>
>>>>77418631
>>77418631
ok maybe i should descibre it better
casker the mc of part 3 i feel he's unique and also characterized the best
i don't know i guess expersing my self
are my chacters shit and how can i improve them
>>
>>77418631
>>77418801
sounds cool anon, might read them later
and now if i ever do my story im gonna feel like i copied yours
>>
>>77418995
>and now if i ever do my story im gonna feel like i copied yours
it's that good
>>
>>77417707
well moe is still kill
and im not sure if there is another one
>>
>>77384700

>What are you writing?

I've already mentioned some of it before in one of these threads but I guess I could give it an updated summary, hopefully I'll be forgiven for not following the 20 word rule:

It's an idea for an action/satire cartoon about a high school kid living in an authoritarian society who joins the "Delivery Club" at his new school, which turns out to be a haven for all set of quirky yet destructive social misfits smuggling various kinds of illegal contraband.

The setting is kind of a mix of different elements drawn mainly from sci-fi of the 70's-90's. If there was a style of music which would most fit the rhythm of the setting, it'd be something like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ogX7sfrzJQ

The main antagonists are "The Party," a totalitarian political group guided by a rather vague set of principles that rules the bland collection of commie blocks called a city where the story takes place. However, while The Party fashions itself like some mighty organization, its most zealous members are just plain idiots who spend more time trying to find new things to censor or ban than actually being productive. So they're not as evil as they are stupid

This is all best exemplified in the conflict with the Delivery Club, where the Young Party Associates who make up the student council might cause tens or hundreds of thousands of dollars/credits in damages to the school trying to stop the Delivery Club delivering "obscene terrorist literature", ie fashion magazines. Both sides get off scott free each time only because of their respective Party connections, the Student Council because all their parents are respected party members who can cover the costs, and the Delivery Club because they have too much dirt on Party members who often use their services to acquire objects they shouldn't legally have. All so the Student Council can continue enforcing the rules and the Delivery Club can continue helping people to break them.
>>
When does drawing inspiration turn to full on plagiarism?
I want to write a story about a private army, led by a living legend and his band of whacked out super soldier friends, that are based out of an oil rig. I mean, I dig the concepts. I just want to do something different with it, though.
>>
>>77420978
>When does drawing inspiration turn to full on plagiarism?
well, are you like taking key points/characters/events out of the thing that inspires you?
or are you trying to ride its popularity?

if yes, then maybe you already crosses that line

but if you are taking a basic concept and making changes of your own to it, then no
you are still safe

the difference is on how you make it
dont just "trace it"
>>
>>77420939
Who's the main characters? This sound pretty tight.
>>
File: 41090.jpg (134 KB, 867x1200) Image search: [Google]
41090.jpg
134 KB, 867x1200
>>77414209
>>77420939

>1. To whom (which demographic) do you sell this show?

Primary demographic would be children between ages 8-12. Secondary demographic would probably be teenagers, the kind who still can enjoy kids cartoons like Adventure Time/Regular Show. Cartoon could also be attractive to adult science fiction fans who may recognize the various cultural and historical references.

>2. How do you sell it?

If you mean how to market it, I suppose it could make a good profit in merchandising, just like many Cartoon Network and Nickelodeon shows do, especially as far as The Party is concerned. But rather than being a toyetic thing, I suppose it'd be more in the way of posters, apparel and designer figurines. Viral marketing is also a good option as it fits the propagandist nature of The Party. Hire a bunch of people to do Nazi or Soviet style murals or posters dramatically chastising students for talking in class, passing notes, reading non-approved literature, frivolous spending, bad eating habits, not joining clubs or the student council or which depict the characters of the series as the ideal or non-ideal worker/student. You could even have some "defaced" posters which are CLEARLY the work of the series' more rebellious main characters. Selling all sorts of Party approved merchandise which is of course ordinary crapped slapped with Party symbols and slogans and sold as being somehow better (but that's all part of the joke) and Delivery Club gear through retail outlets would make a pretty penny as well.
>>
bump for answers

i need your help /co/
give me ideas for some villains
nothing to op since a small group of space police needs to take them down
>>
File: queer.jpg (15 KB, 312x322) Image search: [Google]
queer.jpg
15 KB, 312x322
>>77421791

I'm one of those guys who could write a whole character but never come up with shit as far as a name goes, so that's one area I still have a problem with. Even for the city, I've just decided to use the name "Urbania" as a placeholder for a name, or that might work as the actual name as I chose it because it reminded me of the name "Libria", the name of the city in Equilibrium.

The main character is a freshman from the sticks. He's grown up his whole life so far in the rural parts outside the city. MC-kun comes from the dying class of rural peasants who haven't yet been replaced by drones. His brother, who moved to the city years ago and is now a Party member has managed to get him a flat payed for by the Party so he can attend school there. So, he acts as a bit of a self-insert in that he's got this Shinji Ikari fish out of water feel and is just as new to this whole setting as we are. He joins the Delivery Club because all the clubs during the club sign up day seem either too boring or intimidating (eg. having to read and memorize a 400 page rule-book just to join Track) and says he needs to join one. He meets the Club President and the Secretary after investigating racket coming from the utility closet next to the boys/girls bathrooms, where the Student Council has forced the Delivery Club to set up their recruiting table. So we follow his journey in joining the club, becoming friends w/ each member of the Club and even w/ some of their enemies as he familiarizes himself with the politics of Urbania High, even learning historical tidbits like how the school used to be an old "pre-war" prison complex until The Party renovated it long ago (which explains a lot of the bars). I can't say the MC has much personality at this point beyond being extremely awkward and friendly to the point of being naive, but the idea is to watch him grow as a person throughout the story.
>>
>>77424430

Watch Space Ghost; take notes?
>>
>>77424430
A Scientist performing inhumane experiments to force humanity into its next evolutionary step
>>
What are some really good poker scenes I should look at?
>>
>>77424505
There is nonother postion you could start the MC off from?

Awkward, nice newcomer is just incredibly overdone.
>>
>>77424590
>>77424604
ok , thanks
>>
File: haruhi Kyon.jpg (15 KB, 355x286) Image search: [Google]
haruhi Kyon.jpg
15 KB, 355x286
>>77425110

I guess his awkwardness is negotiable. Perhaps instead of a Shinji sort of character, he could be more of a Kyon? Afterall, I suppose the set up is kind of like Haruhi in that much of the comedy is meant to come from an otherwise normal guy forced into an environment where everybody is some kind of an eccentric, from the law and order obsessed Student Council to the social rejects and outlaws of the Delivery Club and their friends.

The reason I wanted the "nicer newcomer" aspect is mainly because the idea was for him to become this segway character who is easily able to make friends with those who are otherwise the DC's antagonists and also it helps with the worldbuilding.
>>
>>77426377
Why do you keep using other characters to define your own?
>>
>>77424505
>Shinji Ikari
Please have the MC not be anything like that asshole
>>
>>77427486
>Asshole.
And shit taste is confirmed even more.
>>
>>77427719

CQC is that you?
>>
>>77384700

Humanity is about to be wiped out, so they tinker in genetic experiments to see if that fixes it

The first successful experiment

Dunno, apparently I have some skill, I love comic books and Moebius said to start out small so here I am. Doing the art too.
>>
>>77385123
An ordinary high school student finds a mysterious package and is promptly beaten and robbed by the protagonist.

It's a comedy of sorts. A parody of LN set ups.
>>
>>77428138
Where's the art?
>>
>>77428328

uuuuh... Do I really have to post?
>>
>>77428428
I posted my stuff. Nobody care but its out there.
>>
Is there really much point to talking about our stuff in these?
>>
>>77428487

Well, I'm not satisfied with how some of them came out, so I'm not posting them until I feel comfortable with how it turns out.
>>
>>77428508
Just by talking about it in the first place can help you grow the idea. People can give a new prospective on your idea. Hell the encouragement one can get on here is what they might need to get the ball rolling.
>>
>>77428605
Yeah, but the last time I talked about what I was doing on the last one of these, no-one paid me the slightest bit of attention.
>>
>>77428629
That shit happens to a lot of people, you either have to revamp how you tell your idea or share another idea that you think get attention
>>
>>77428665
Sometimes I think the only reason I want to talk about the stuff I write is so I'll know people are interested in it. Nothing kills the will to keep going with something like the knowledge that you're the only one bothered with it.
>>
>>77428695
Shit sucks indeed but you gotta keep going forward with it and keep on improving it.
FYI there are /tg/ writing threads and they're good at talking about people's ideas. So try your luck there once in a while.
>>
>>77428779
Kek, I've been to quite a lot of those. Its a wonder if the number of posters reaches ten most of the time, and no-one ever gives you feedback on your stuff except the guy who starts the threads.
>>
File: 1443218236455.gif (582 KB, 350x280) Image search: [Google]
1443218236455.gif
582 KB, 350x280
>>77428798
>except the guy who starts the threads.
I'm guilty of that...
>>
>>77428854
Don't get me wrong, its a nice gesture, but it smacks of getting the "Well, at least you tried" award for coming last in a race or something.
>>
File: Phototest1.jpg (4 MB, 1936x2892) Image search: [Google]
Phototest1.jpg
4 MB, 1936x2892
>>77393339
>>77410231
It's been two days since I posted this plot and I have yet to see a single advice or even just a comment.
Come on /co/, you're usually more active than this when it comes to criticising works.
>>
You ever got terrible grammar, But you don't want to look back at the errors?
>>
>>77428948
No. I try my best to avoid this kind of mistakes and double check every sentence when writing. When I feel that my work is presentable, I let people look over it. Then I adjust the script.

You want your writing to be presentable, don't you?
>>
>>77428935
Hey everyone likes getting a metal...

>>77428948
My grammar sucks because I don't give enough fucks to take the time to fix it
>>
File: chinese poster.jpg (263 KB, 900x661) Image search: [Google]
chinese poster.jpg
263 KB, 900x661
>>77427314

it just makes it easier to illustrate what kind of character or trope I'm talking about when I have no excerpts or concept art to share atm.

In this case, I feel like the main character needs to act as a self-insert in that the reader or viewer is introduced to this world through them, he needs to have a characteristic common sense sets him apart from the other characters and this is helped by the fact that he comes from a world where things are just a little more normal, and he needs to grow from a point where he really knows nothing to a point where he's an expert on maneuvering through this weird system. And I don't really mind him bearing some obvious similarities with characters from other products, because much of the story would be chock full of references because I'm a sucker for that sort of thing.

>>77427486

Again, I just meant that I had pictured him as kind of a dork and awkwardly drags himself through this situation he didn't ask for. For instance, his older brother doesn't really ask him if he wants to leave his comfortable and much more free village to go to school in the city. He just kind picks him up, takes him to city and tells him "don't do anything that'll make me look stupid for bringing you here." It's also his brother who forces him to join a club by giving him a "choice."The story also takes place years after some sort of apocalypse, which I don't think I'd ever explain, just for the sake of mystery, So the comparison with Shinji I thought was apt to that extent.
>>
>>77428002
Nah. But he's right.
>>
>describe your main character (physucally and mentally)
>what is he/she/it based on?
>what motivates them?
>>
>>77430775
>describe your main character (physucally and mentally)
Plain face, overweight, wears baggy clothing to hide the fact he's fat. He's insecure, selfish and blames others for his mistakes.

>what is he/she/it based on?
A caterpillar.

>what motivates them?
After he hits rock bottom he wants to change for the better.
>>
>>77429344
>Self insert
Don't. Please.
>>
guy has to help his unemployed father get through life while worried he becomes him. time jumps around in narrative
the kid himself, cause of the parallels
the bumbling dad stereotype, social commentary
why cant i draw well with a mouse and why is sai in japanese for me
>>
>>77429344
>In this case, I feel like the main character needs to act as a self-insert in that the reader or viewer is introduced to this world through them
So you're not only going to beat the dead horse, you're going to do it with a hammer.
>>
>>77429686
How're you sure that anon is a he?
>>
Ive never posted in this sort of thread before, but lets give this a shot

world ended, god recreated the world the way humans always wanted it to be (magic, demi gods, mythical creatures, ect)
story follows reincarnation of the asshat who caused the end of the world
(even in its simplest form I cant get it to 20 words. guess thats a good thing)
my first thought is the MC cause she's pretty much screwed from the moment she was born. She's the reincarnation of the asshat and god damned her to live with constant misfortune
but my other two main characters, her brother and a thief have a lot of thought put into them too. especially the brothers backstory is critical to the plot
story telling is the closest thing I have to a talent
does it sound too complicated at a first glance?

Im trying to find resources for mythology, magic, beliefs around the world but its hard to know where to look, any tips?

how should I go about looking for a artist to do this with?
>>
>>77435222
You mc sounds like she's going to be a sad sack
>>
>>77432465

oh, please. we're not talking about a harem animu protag here just "new to everything like you"

>>77433141

The only other option is to begin the story with him already thoroughly familiar with this world. But then you'd have still to explain everything to the viewer or reader through the narration, which in a lore heavy setting risks slowing things down to a snails pace. At least this way, it's easier keep the revealing of new information limited to where/when it is most relevant.

Avatar: The Last Airbender was pretty good at this for the most part, using the clueless protags as proxies through which viewers are introduced to this fantasy world.

So I hope you'll pardon me if I don't think of it as a dead horse, but as just one of the few standard ways to go about doing a kids series.
>>
>>77436731
Then why not just not explain anything and let people infer?
>>
>>77384700
Follows boy through life into manhood. Hardships and betrayal make him bitter. He seeks power to make it stop. Fantasy.

The main character. He's edgy, but he's fun to write. It's fun thinking about how he evolves as a person and figuring out how to work it into the story.

I don't know, really.

How do you write a fight without it reading like a fanfiction? His life is basically hunter, soldier, then king, so it's pretty heavy on the fighting.
>>
>>77385123

Fuck it.

Set in 5 years and 6 months from now.
At the brink of war with US.

Grill, 17, 'bout to graduate, was born as
one the most hated group of people on the planet.

>What made you write in first place?

Really deep thought and alcohol.

Is it possible for the Aeolipile to be harnessed to develop better technology?
>>
File: 1349970621457.png (368 KB, 532x800) Image search: [Google]
1349970621457.png
368 KB, 532x800
>Have what I think is a really good idea for a dark fantasy comic
>Main villains are twisted amalgamations of Flesh and machine
>Can't figure out how to draw them.
>mfw
>>
>>77438325
Any examples?
>>
File: phyrexian.jpg (148 KB, 640x468) Image search: [Google]
phyrexian.jpg
148 KB, 640x468
>>77438390
On this computer unfortunately no. The best way I can describe them is like Old school Phyrexians from MTG that look alot less dead and rotting
>>
>>77384700
>>77384750
Speaking of this image, anyone have a textless version?
>>
File: metropolis_fritzlang.jpg (68 KB, 580x856) Image search: [Google]
metropolis_fritzlang.jpg
68 KB, 580x856
>>77436938

Well, there would definitely be some elements where I think I would do that. For example, the story takes place after some kind of war or apocalypse has destroyed most civilizations of the world. But what exactly was this catastrophe and how/when it happened I don't think I'd ever really explain. This way people could infer what they wanted. There might be clues in some old ruins, in some of the city's lo-fi looking technology, though that's mostly to keep up the 70's and 80's scifi aesthetic, or The Party's vague and white washed history of its own origins, but I don't think there'd be anything conclusive one way or the other.

I also had the idea for a slum where expatriate workers from other countries live. The kinds of people seen here might raise more questions about the outside world, but it isn't something that needs to be gone into very much.

Even the city would be such that it defies placement in any particular part of the world. Sort of like how you don't really know where and when Metropolis is supposed to be set.
>>
File: 1289362495389.jpg (191 KB, 721x673) Image search: [Google]
1289362495389.jpg
191 KB, 721x673
>>77438325
sit down and actually figure out what devices he has implanted into him, then come up with a few designs for each of them individually.
After that start jamming them onto the design of his body
>>
>>77428309
Does it have an actual plot?
>>
>>77438325

can you draw?
>>
>>77439661
Sure.

The MC is a surly little shit gifted with psychic abilities that make him one of the most powerful people in his generation and cursed some some really horrific migraines.

People like him are supposed to have a pair. Somebody who keeps their powers in check. He doesn't.

The story picks up about six seconds after he and the government discovers he can rid himself of the headaches by hurting others.
>>
I need to start writing again.

Haven't written anything in like a couple of months. I've had a couple of stories brewing in my head due to my depression.

Want to write a short story where someone dies and meets Death.
>>

Block comedy mini about oft forgotten Cap villain, Amerikop.

Not my character but def Amerikop, writing him like Rust Cohle meets Kelly Deadpool.

I want to share my craft with others. I'm mainly a writer/director but I've loved comics since I was young. Comics helped me become the man I am today, I want to help someone find their voice like so many great writers helped me find mine.

Writing a minimal dialogue piece about a girl who becomes queen of a gang of goblins. I'm worried if I should write out more panel direction or should I leave that up to my artist.

Second, why don't we have a skype group or something. These threads are so chill, you guys seem nice.
>>
I'm going to start up an old project and I want to hear some thoughts about it.

A French foreign legion Nigerian and his platoon get sent to somewhere in the Congo or CAR to aid a UN peace keeping force.
Shit hits the fan as a "terrorist" or "rebel" group attacks with some supernatural ware. Killing most of them.
Now the soldier and the other survivors have to travel through the surreal brush to get to safety.
>>
>>77442047

It sounds like a french horror movie I know about.
>>
>>77442216

I gotta find this movie
>>
>>77442737
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Djinns_%28film%29
>>
I better bump this
>>
za bumpo
>>
>>77443935
>>77445913
Why not respond to somebody?
>>
>>77446305
people didnt respond to my post so why should i respond to their post?

nah, not really, i just returned after a long day and saw the thread was on page 10, later i will check some post and make comments
>>
>>77446424

which one is yours?
>>
>>77446440
literal first actual reply to the guy that made the questions
sound really shitty so it doesnt matter if people respond
also the post about needing villains

but its true anon, i just wnted to save the thread, didnt had time to read and respond to someone when i checked
>>
Want to write scripture for my stories, but it's getting harder with my meds. That's obviously for the best, but those rambling manic thoughts were good springboards. Now I can hardly remember them, save for:
God did not abandon us. He gave us choice.
>>
>>77435222
>does it sound too complicated at a first glance?
no, it actually sounds fuggin awesome m8

>Im trying to find resources for mythology, magic, beliefs around the world but its hard to know where to look, any tips?
try searching for some urban legend monsters, there is like a ton of them in every city of mexico(most of them are the same but still) that will give you some variety on your creatures and stuff
check for some forgotten religions and stuff like that
>magic
check some magic threads on /x/, not the best place but will give you some ideas

>how should I go about looking for a artist to do this with?
tumblr and deviart are your best places if you want some "cheap but ""good"" artist
ask them if they are interested on helping you with your comic/novel/what ever you are trying to do
if they accept, offer them what you think if a fair pay, if they want more go up a dollar or two
>>
>>77446532

well it sounds like it's been done, but that's not necessarily a bad thing.
>>
>>77446617
To have your writing be dependent on anything, be it drugs, alchohol, or mental illness, is not good.
>>
we need some threadly or monthly challenges
like we should decide on a topic/idea to write about and anyone that wants to participate can do a little greentext about that

winner gets, well sadly nothing
>>
File: 1445645335683.png (185 KB, 467x360) Image search: [Google]
1445645335683.png
185 KB, 467x360
>>77446424
>Commenting on other's posts
>In THIS thread
>>
I need to stop letting vidya invade my writing. Stupid Fallout...now I want to nuke my setting and see how the characters fare in the apocalypse.
>>
File: 1426892282750.png (173 KB, 822x613) Image search: [Google]
1426892282750.png
173 KB, 822x613
>>77385123
>What are you working on?
A sword and sorcery story following an absentminded FeMC as she stops the growth of an empire.
>Most intriguing character?
The FeMC is painfully oblivious, uncaring, and exhibits most symptoms of autism, making her a joy to write with other characters who don't get her (the sidekick/the protagonist from a different perspective).
>What drives you?
Once upon a time, I was told there's only two Sword and Sorcery books worth reading. I initially started somewhere completely different, but I decided to go for a setting with strange people rather than a strange place. Thusly, people are generally mellow, easygoing, and uncaring folk, this is normal, and it is also the main reason there is a story to tell.
>Anything else?
>>77402869
>Even if they've done the same thing a hundred times over, someone has to be there to tell them what to do, when, and how to do it. Without someone telling them how to live, they'd just sit there and die.

>>77414209
It would sell to fantasy nerds as well as people who enjoy a work with a fine balance between mellow and chaos. I sell it with a disabled (autistic) female protagonist, a fuccboi sidekick, ultraviolence and cosmic voodoo bullshit.

>>77446808
I would enjoy monthly challenges. Deadlines always help squeeze out the words in my head.
>>
>>77447516
Sounds like a fetish.
>>
so any ideas for what the first monthly writing challenge should be about?

>>77446817
he, i know right
just post and leave
>>
An autobiographical series about my life growing up in Scotland. Title: The Un-Bonnie Glens

Probably everyone who isn't me, mainly because there's a lot I don't know about them, even my friends keep a lot of secrets.

I want to tell a story, sometimes the best stories are the ones that aren't made up.

Nah, I'm still writing the first part of it. I'm getting my girlfriend to do the art for several parts, including the first part. I'm planning on getting several of my friends to draw other parts and draw it in their own style
>>
>>77413760
My plan is to get enough publications in British anthologies to approach Dynamite and pitch a limited series.

With that, I'll try to get in to Marvel and write cape ongoings, as well as working on my ideas for creator owned properties. Essentially:
>2016: Small Press
>2017: Minor American stuff
>2018: Try to get some backups at DC or Marvel

That's as close to a cut and dry "plan" as I've got. What's yours?
>>
>>77449871
>first monthly writing challenge
Like the one we're in right now or you mean we should make our own?
>>
>>77448107
What
>>
>>77436667
a little bit. Not completely though.

>>77446639
no, it actually sounds fuggin awesome m8
it makes me really happy to hear that, thank you!

forgotten religions & urban legends are a good idea, I didnt think I would've thought of that & I'll have to check out /x/ when Im feeling adventurous

thankyou for the advice
>>
>>77454452
Happy go lucky sad sack?
>>
how can i make some actual problems for a character that is the literal embodiment of the universe?
>>
>>77447216

If it's any consolation, I have the same problem. Best cure is to expand your familiarity with different movies, games and comics/novels.

I actually have a list of over a hundred movies that I have pledged to watch before I start writing too much.
>>
>>77458929
Sounds like you're setting up your own distractions. Writing should always come first.
>>
>>77458842
emotional attacks, other beings of comparable significance, people that just plain piss them off, lots of little obstructions that keep building up whenever they want to sit down and do something, amoral aliens that keeping annoying him/her with their prayers
>>
>>77459048

It's more like research and taking notes. I want to create the series bible first, but I feel like for the kind of setting I want, I need more creative resources. So rewatching a few things I have seen which already form some of the inspiration for it and checking out other things that have done something similar to what I'm trying to do I think will be extremely helpful.

Also, since I don't draw, when I finish the series bible/pitch, I'd like to be able to point things out to an artist and be like "it's sort of like this mixed with that and a little bit of this."
>>
>>77457222
naw, more of a frankie boyle sad sack if I had to name somebody off the top of my head
>>
>>77459521
Ok that sounds fun

>>77459350
What I'm afraid of is that you'll get too deep in that rabbit hole because you feel like you haven't gotten enough research
>>
God damn you live!
>>
>>77462407
Reply to someone then and actually ask a productive question.
>>
>>77463051
>actually replying to someone
anon please, everyone knows write threads are full of self cetered anons that only want to show their ideas and not help anyone else
>>
wait, i know

>monthly challenge for December
make a keit-ai based story

you know you want it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcVGDV67L-g
come on help it find a way
>>
>>77463213
Hey its not like I don't want to respond to anyone, I just only reply to those which I feel are especially good or especially terrible
>>
>>77466410
>I just only reply to those which I feel are especially good or especially terrible

No one ever thinks of the middle of the road guys
>>
>>77468392
To be fair, I think some anons probably have good ideas but are nervous to type up too many characters cause they don't want to seem like attention whores
>>
Ant fanfics you guys working on?
>>
File: superhero-outline-bw-hi.png (34 KB, 600x399) Image search: [Google]
superhero-outline-bw-hi.png
34 KB, 600x399
Now that I'm done with school I can start working on my comic in earnest. Script for issue is here. If anyone's interested I can post more.
http://www5.zippyshare.com/v/Sw1Fmpdo/file.html
>>
File: 256px-Ikaruga_cover_DC.jpg (26 KB, 256x257) Image search: [Google]
256px-Ikaruga_cover_DC.jpg
26 KB, 256x257
>>77461093
>What I'm afraid of is that you'll get too deep in that rabbit hole because you feel like you haven't gotten enough research

I think as long as I continue to write the series bible as I've been doing so far non-stop. And just keep an extra notebook of references, I don't think I'll fall into that slump. I have the basic idea, the basic themes worked out, it's just a matter of finding movies, comics, books and anime that have explored similar things before.

>>77468631

vidya related, but I've been thinking about writing an Ikaruga fanfic because it forms a huge chunk of the inspiration for some of the imagery of the current story I'm working on.

>>77469204

Could you give a good summary first anon?
>>
>>77469341
Planned to be an 8 issue epic detailing the story how an individual suddenly learns they have powers and then immediately gets shanghai'd by the U.S. government to assassinate the world's greatest superhero. It may not be the most interesting plot on paper, but I try and take my story in new and interesting directions with every issue.
>>
>>77469341
>but I've been thinking about writing an Ikaruga fanfic because it forms a huge chunk of the inspiration for some of the imagery of the current story I'm working on.
Then go for it man, if it helps you in the long run.
>>
File: ikaruga2.jpg (173 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
ikaruga2.jpg
173 KB, 1280x720
>>77469667

I might do it, but there's so many stories I come up with and they end up on the floor because I try to do too many at one time. And fanfics, as much I love doing them, often distract me from working on my original material. I feel like I've wasted a whole lot of my time with fanfic shit when I could have finished the pitches for at least four of my original stories by now.

But an epic fanfic of Ikaruga is certainly tempting and as far as I know, there aren't many shmup fanfics.
>>
So out of curiosity do any of you have the beginning middle and end actually planned out enough to post?
>>
>>77472205

I do
>>
>>77469627

Could you give a little more detail than that?
>>
>>77472265
Are you going to post it?
>>
>>77472304

Well, do you mean the actual beginning/ending or just the outline of where the story begins and then will end.
>>
>>77472343
Whichever.

Another issue with these threads is there is rarely if ever a sense that work is actually being done.
>>
File: 1443302427301.png (503 KB, 760x535) Image search: [Google]
1443302427301.png
503 KB, 760x535
>>77472205
Not really, I do have some idea on how I want to begin/middle/end it but for the most part I just wing it when I get there.
>>
>>77472447

I'm working on this story>>77420939

The way I want to plan is at least three parts/seasons which have a tight ending but leave just enough room for expansion.

Part/Season 1: Episodic shenanigans; worldbuilding. More lighthearted, despite the touchy subject of totalitarianism. I would want to deceive people into thinking the totalitarianism is strictly tongue in cheek for Roadrunner/Wild-e-coyote stories and slice of life animu nonsense. MC meets the Delivery Club members, proves his abilities and finds his place. He also strikes up a sort frienemy relationship with the main antagonist, the Student Council President, who I wanted to be a sympathetic character in that she's an idealist, she recognizes the problems in the system and hopes to improve things. You get the sense that she's the kind of person The Party needs in a time when it's becoming increasingly crooked. This is attractive to the MC, and though President-chan hates the Delivery Club because they refuse to follow the rules and work within the system, she tries very hard to get MC to join her side because she sees the potential he has to help The Party. It's also hinted that she may be starting to like him romantically, but she mostly represses this cause of her devotion to The Party. She's meant to eventually become the more tragic character of the series. Also, about the Delivery Club itself. I should explain that the Delivery Club differs from a similar service provided by the Party, which is completely automated and doesn't really have what you might call a privacy policy, which is the appeal of the DC: untraceable and confidential. I wanted there to be a scene where the head of the Delivery Club tries to explain how a Post Office works but the concept is difficult for him to grasp at first since it sounds so different from The Ministry of Communications. Also, I had a concept for a "goth chick" who's a migrant from a place beyond the Wastelands where people still "right-by-hand"
>>
File: 1346630379826.png (18 KB, 429x410) Image search: [Google]
1346630379826.png
18 KB, 429x410
>>77475341

Part 2/Season 2: Things get more serious. I would like to keep things still on a G-rated level, and keep some of the satire and lightheartedness intact, but you would see the progression from an episodic story to a more linear narrative and a spookier element to some episodes which remained only in a minor key in the first season as we see just how terrible The Party can be. We'd see the introduction of the real villain of the series, who is different from the more bumbling and incompetent antagonists who seem like not much of a threat. For now, his placeholder name is Keikaku-doori. In the 2nd part, former rivals become half-allies and former friends turn traitors. President-chan finds herself shamed, abused and dethroned. This is another point where I would probably pay homage to another work that left a deep impression on me. If you're a fan of the Twilight Zone, you've probably seen the episode "The Obsolete Man". I pictured a "fall" scene that is kind of like the end of that. Something where President-chan is crying about how much she loves the Party just to be dragged off and it's all MC's fault

Part 3: This part is harder to do because it's a question of how to avoid certain cliches. What does Keikaku-doori have in store for the state/country? I know in this Part, I'll be exploring just a little more of the origins of The Party and I know Keikaku-doori will have something to do with it as it ties into the only mildly mentioned character of "The Founder." At the same time, there are things I still want to keep a mystery as far as the past is concerned. I am toying with ideas that he's actually a clone of The Founder or that he's a robot built by The Founder (probably me channeling Star Wars: Dark Empire or Metropolis a little too much though) but this is still a grey area at the moment and none of these ideas feels original enough or at least I'm not confident in my ability to write them in an original way.
>>
>>77468631
a yugioh related one, but i think im going to drop it since the deck of my protagonist got banned(he used some kind of dragon ruler variant, that were not actually the dragon rulers)

and beginning a fe:awakening one on modern times

>>77472205
writing on the go never helps me, so i try to plan the stuff, mostly backwards, starting on the ending and trying to see how they got there
sadly this time i have nothing for the ending

i will try to summarize how things are going
>beginning
after the protagonist is rescue she is taken to a facility/camp on the middle of the woods to be trained along with others on her same situation
but after a month or so of getting close to no progress on her power she escapes the area and just goes to live on the streets of some random town near that
some time later, after a fight versus a vampire on a grocery store her tutor is finally able to track her down and rescue her once again and get her back to the facility/camp
>middle
after like one year she is finally good and can control her powers but still has some stamina problems
she ends up been the leader of the new recruits after the last one was almost killed

and thats all i have for now, still not sure if there is going to be some bigbad or just a villain of the week
i know it sounds boring/lame/shitty
its still on its bones, nothing actually done yet, im trying to get all the ideas out and later write them down
>>
>>77475510
I'm keeping a notebook solely devoted to my story. Anything that comes to mind, I immediately write down.
>>
BUMP SO THIS THREAD WON'T DIE
>>
>>77476338
why dont you reply to someone ffs

i feel like this is becoming a meme of the thread
>>
>Show us your work
Sure, go to the How's Your Webcomic thread because unlike most of you fucks I've actually been able to turn my writing into something.

No, I'm not Jesse.
>>
>>77476443

>webcomic
>something
>>
>>77476443
>webcomic
>important

anon please, unless its called oglaf no one cares about it
>>
>>77476395
I would if peeps actually contributed things I could work with beyond simple pitches.
>>
>>77476495

yeah, unless you're making good money off your webcomic, it's hardly an achievement.
>>
>>77476505

this anon right here has a script >>77469204
>>
>>77476505
well ask for more or a pastebin link to what they have

also there are some questions on this thread that no one is answering
>>
>>77476517
That's my script lol.
>>
>>77468631
A few, if I'm not writing short stories of robots, then I'm working on Star Wars fics. That universe is huge and interesting.

>>77472205
I have it planned out and plot points are made, but when you're writing, your mind can think up new ideas on the fly. I usually write about 300 words a day or two and brainstorm. As well as keep a small notebook to jot down ideas when they come to me.
>>
File: food_critic.jpg (20 KB, 300x434) Image search: [Google]
food_critic.jpg
20 KB, 300x434
I'm willing to offer criticism and read through your scripts, post them and I will read them!
>>
File: The_Critic_4_400x400.jpg (24 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
The_Critic_4_400x400.jpg
24 KB, 400x400
>>77476851
What that guy said
>>
>>77476851
>>77477122

i don't think I trust either of you
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (11 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
11 KB, 480x360
>>77477142
I'm the guy who posted one of my own scripts in this thread.
>Shameless promotion.
http://www5.zippyshare.com/v/Sw1Fmpdo/file.html

I may not be the best judge when it comes to what stinks or not, but I think I at least have a good handle on what works on the page and how much info you need to convey to your artist to get the point across. But I could be just a drunk fat balding man with no taste in anything. Always that to think about.
>>
>>77476851
but you critic food, food made by a fucking rat
i cant trust some that eats rat food
>>
>>77477197

The most I can ask for at the moment is comments on my ideas and outlines, unfortunately. I reckon it will be probably be a couple weeks or a month before I can actually start the real writing process.

I respect people who just wing it without any sort of planning whatsoever, but I can't do that.I'm not Kubo
>>
is it bad that i write some cheesy lines during fight scenes?
nothing whedon tier but still cheesy
>>
>>77478741

>"he's fast!"
>>
20 words? lets fucking do it!
Heist comic. 5 not very stable English lads steal undisclosed object. Get fucked over in the process. Then revenge!
Probably Danny Disco Biscuit. Looks like he's from the set of miami vice, talks like a geeeeza, has a major cocaine problem and has a bit too much fun doing all this criminal stuff. Has no problem making friends. Not very good at keeping them. Not one of the main group. But becomes integral to the plot later on.
I guess i just love the medium. You don't often see Heist comics about. Especially about people from where i grew up (south London)
Can't think of anything...
>>
File: 4e2d838beddc6c698b002c8b.jpg (19 KB, 367x332) Image search: [Google]
4e2d838beddc6c698b002c8b.jpg
19 KB, 367x332
What do you fags think about the main hero killing themselves at the end of the story to win/ do the right thing.

As in having to sacrifice yourself to stop the enemy for good or whatever.

Is it played out? Or is it not done because it's considered a "bad" ending because not all the main characters who you are supposed to like by that point got a happy ending?
>>
>>77479256

Depends. Self-sacrifice I think needs to be foreshadowed. Having the hero suddenly killed for no other reason than shock value is cheap.
>>
>>77475341
Didn't you describe this MC as being utterly unremarkable and a bit of a pussy?
>>
>>77479256
highly used trope on weeb games
still, i love it

but yeah, you need a good reason for it and it needs to be foreshadowed
not just let the hero kill himself for no reason other that "lol, i need to go now"
>>
>>77479256
>>77479256
Totally okay as long as it's handled "well" and as a pivotal moment in the story rather than just something added in because you thought it sounded cool. The fact that you even asked that question is probably a good sign your story resembles the former rather than later.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 42

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.